PDA

View Full Version : Crime City (and all these former Funzio games) is a Republican game

wupuck
09-16-2012, 01:47 AM
I've been playing this game for over a year now. Level 105, 500+ mafia, 33999/36871 Att/Def, $634008 IPH. all my gold has come from TapJoy. Since starting; i think I have < 25 wasted hours for building upgrades.

I'm able to destroy about 85% of the folks I encounter. 5% i can't touch because; well they've spent gold and have att/def significantly higher then me. The last 10%; i can probably beat but then I'd give them a direct link to me for them to rob the $#!t out of me (considering i have higher IPH then them)

W/ the old event format, i could never get the #10 item. now w/ this new style I get even less.

Then it dawned on me - this game is very Republican. Why?

Because there is no middle class. It's the have and have nots and a few in between that could make it but in all reality; won't. Now I don't want to get into a political debate; so please let's not start one. Point being; I am in a very small minority. strong enough to beat up the poor; but i can't touch the gold spenders. Considering that the top guys spend upwards of $500; I will pretty much never catch up to them.

So for all you newbies or those considering if you should continue; keep that in mind. You WILL NEVER compete w/ the upper middle & Upper class of this game because well... you just don't spend enough.

SevenO9
09-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Apocalyptic madness - Two-thirds of the world in sadness.
The other third is gone - insanity lingers on!
Crumbled cities in an aftermath of hate
No way to stop it 'cause now it's too late

The Anti-Christ his mission done
The dead are the only lucky ones

Are you ready? The picture's painted
For the valley the scene is set
Of decision - Make your decision
For the valley it's too late

Welcome - Welcome to reality
Make your decision 'cause you've got no choice!

Dipstik
09-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Go back to that homeless shelter you call a political movement, hippie.

Oh yeah... And enjoy your ban.

PawnXIIX
09-16-2012, 05:15 AM
I prefer the Tea Party. ;)

If there's a middle class, i'm in it. I have top level items, but i'm on track to finish between the top 1% and the rest of the people uninformed playing the game.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 05:36 AM
I think the entry level of "middle" class republican is a bit too high :p 200k-250k a year ;)

So before you throw a hissy fit Dip , take a deep breather and say We need beter script writers ;)

mxz
09-16-2012, 07:12 AM
So, you mean it's capitalist because those that can and want to afford to be better than you are doing it?

Dumb thread.

jobadass
09-16-2012, 07:20 AM
So, you mean it's capitalist because those that can and want to afford to be better than you are doing it?

Dumb thread.+1
Bingo... love how the OP doesn't want to "get into a political debate" but starts one. The Entitlement generation...demanding that everyone be equal.

Waaaa...he can afford more gold than me.....waaa....take some of his gold and give it to me....waaawaawaaa.

I can't afford to be a big spender, got other priorities in my life, but kudos to those that can!

Tomatoneverdie
09-16-2012, 07:24 AM
I prefer the Tea Party. ;)

If there's a middle class, i'm in it. I have top level items, but i'm on track to finish between the top 1% and the rest of the people uninformed playing the game.

I would like to think I'm in the same Tea Party middle class too!!

This forum kept me informed enough that I can compete with most of light/medium gold spender and way ahead of the majority....

mxz
09-16-2012, 07:26 AM
I can't afford to be a big spender, got other priorities in my life, but kudos to those that can!Yeah this class warfare stuff Obama is infecting these folks with is tiring and unproductive. If you want other people's money don't ask the government to steal it for you. Start a business and provide a product/service people want.

Nyx
09-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah this class warfare stuff Obama is infecting these folks with is tiring and unproductive. If you want other people's money don't ask the government to steal it for you. Start a business and provide a product/service people want.

Just like consistent misinformation spewed by FauxNews is tiring and unproductive.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-16-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure what class warfare you guys are talking about, but if it's the one where the tax code is progressive untill you hit the level where you can pay accountants and Lawers to hide your money. Capital gaines tax is the biggest class warfare EVER! Think about it, you go to work be productive and are taxed at a higher rate then someone who invests also is productive but is taxed much lower. Why?

Plux
09-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Mind you without demand you don't have supply. Starting a business needs consumer demand, if nobody has money as surplus is spent on debt repayment then you get Japan. It's old school but chicken and the egg, demand creates supply but the private debt will dilute demand until its sorted out.

jobadass
09-16-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure what class warfare you guys are talking about, but if it's the one where the tax code is progressive untill you hit the level where you can pay accountants and Lawers to hide your money. Capital gaines tax is the biggest class warfare EVER! Think about it, you go to work be productive and are taxed at a higher rate then someone who invests also is productive but is taxed much lower. Why?I hear what you are saying, but the guy that invests already paid taxes on that money and risks losing it. Then he works all of his life, dies, and the government hits his heirs with an inheritance tax. Too many taxes...period.

Max Power
09-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Start a political thread and state that you don't want a political discussion? Brilliant.

mxz
09-16-2012, 08:14 AM
I hear what you are saying, but the guy that invests already paid taxes on that money and risks losing it. Then he works all of his life, dies, and the government hits his heirs with an inheritance tax. Too many taxes...period.I don't think a lot of people understand this.

Many people can't see anything beyond the face value of a number. Capital gains taxes are 15% of realized profits of a company which has already paid social security, workers comp, payroll, and corporate taxes...which are far higher than the top individual income tax bracket.

And remember, all you folks that think income taxes are great - for (about) half the history of the US we didn't have them.

jobadass
09-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Start a political thread and state that you don't want a political discussion? Brilliant.I've been wondering where our voice of reason has been :)
Right on, Max

Dr BoneCrusher
09-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Joe, I will respectfully disagree with you on two fronts. First, income is income, the money invested is only taxed once the gain is what is taxed. Also, many people I know get paid in stock witch is income, but it is taxed at the capital gains rate. Second, and what will be a less popular view, your spouse does not pay the "death tax" your heirs do, and like I said income is income.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Why are we even argueing income tax ? make less profit spend more reinvest more ...buy a island start your own country if you earn that much ... it cheaper then paying for all those services .
If Bill Gates had to be forced to donate money to charity , bleh who are people to complain about TAX .
Sorry talk about bunch of hypocrites , you become world top 10 you are forced to donate money to charity ?

Stop sitting on all that profit , share the wealth ...most of all stop asking governments to bail out banks :p
You don't get a bailout if you make a bad investment , why should bad banks :p

Gee people are such whinners lately !

Dr BoneCrusher
09-16-2012, 09:06 AM
MXZ, by no means do I think income taxes a great, but I also like to drive on paved roads, have Internet services and thousands other GOOD things WE elected OUR Government to do. Capital gains tax is an individual tax, and for small business owners they have a choice to incorporate or not and should understand the consequences of both.

But hey enough of this, I would much rather talk FootBall!

(CCC)- The Pope
09-16-2012, 09:08 AM
CC is actually a Christian game not a political one.

erik
09-16-2012, 11:21 AM
First, income is income...

If this simple statement were true, then why do 51% of the US workers not pay income taxes?

Dravak
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
If this simple statement were true, then why do 51% of the US workers not pay income taxes?

Well if the middle class is 200k-250k , eh then damn you guys are cheapskate .
Serious note if you say 51% of the workers don't pay income tax , then you know how direstate USA is :p

Are you asking a silly question ? when the middle class income , MIDDLE class income is around 50k a year !
200-250k income is the top 6-8% of the USA ;) ..

So seriously do some research yourself , before asking silly question about not paying taxes .
You can't afford taxes if you only earn 12k a year ;)

Cobra Shuttle
09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
"Then it dawned on me - this game is very Republican. Why?

Because there is no middle class. "

Derp. You say you don't want to get into a political debate after you make a moronic statement like this.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 11:41 AM
look honestly neither the 51% is correct , nor is the 200k-250k middle class income !
Do your own research if you are interested in a subject !
Don't let yourself be spoonfed with crap , it is comedy hour time ..
Started with swiftboat crap , how can a decorated veteran with military history suddenly be a fraud .
To crap about Obama being not a US citizen ,by a notorious multi millionair .

Sorry if you people are so blind so easily to manipulate and consider yourself the upper educated middle class ..
With information on a touch of a button , then I really pitty the world leading country ...
Sorry it is a joke honestly . this whole election is a joke ... nothing but a show .

Sandukan
09-16-2012, 12:01 PM
How can a game be Republican?
Unless you truly believe corporations are people.....my friend lol

erik
09-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Well if the middle class is 200k-250k , eh then damn you guys are cheapskate .
Serious note if you say 51% of the workers don't pay income tax , then you know how direstate USA is :p

Are you asking a silly question ? when the middle class income , MIDDLE class income is around 50k a year !
200-250k income is the top 6-8% of the USA ;) ..

So seriously do some research yourself , before asking silly question about not paying taxes .
You can't afford taxes if you only earn 12k a year ;)

First I was only addressing that the comment income is income is false... you seem to agree because you state a person making 12k shouldn't have to pay any.

The tax I noted was income tax, and my number is correct for 2009, and may be as high as 54% for 2011.

Fail Dravak.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 12:18 PM
First I was only addressing that the comment income is income is false... you seem to agree because you state a person making 12k shouldn't have to pay any.

The tax I noted was income tax, and my number is correct for 2009, and may be as high as 54% for 2011.

Fail Dravak.

So honestly you say 51% not paying income tax in 2009 was not a indication how bad american workers have ?
honestly the credit society is running out , everybody in economics knew it , how far do you want the average citizen , to be in the minus ?

Fail how can I fail when you are so blind to the obvious , that it is a shame on you to call out a fail !
See this is the problem , calling others FAIL when americans are are below the treshhold of living conditions .
Who fails more ? you as american or me as western european ?

Honestly this is stupidity on grandscale ! that I cannot even phantom or understand anymore .

erik
09-16-2012, 12:29 PM
You can have you little tantrum, but I was only making a single point. I was not commenting on my overall view of the us economy or the tax responsibility of low income workers.

Double fail for arguing with yourself?

Dipstik
09-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Dravek, go pay attention to your own country... You obviously don't know or care what goes on in mine.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Are we still talking about this? It's all cool everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
You can have you little tantrum, but I was only making a single point. I was not commenting on my overall view of the us economy or the tax responsibility of low income workers.

Double fail for arguing with yourself?

I am not making a tantrum , since you do not have defence , just deflecting the point like always ...

So proud to be American , when 51% in your argument , doesn't pay income tax , why do they not pay income tax ,
Is irrelevant to you , so basically half the american workers are barely able to make montly cost go around is irrelevant to you .

So basically what is relevant since Americans workers are not relevant , but a tantrum is relevant.
A point is relevant , but well being of fellow American isn't , but do not worry people , we can divert the attention to greece ,syria , see people have it so bad there !
honestly it is getting to be a joke , if this is the world leading country and there best and brightest are like this .

And that you need to go on offense instead of thinking of a defense ...
Says it all , here newsflash the rest of the world is catching on fast , that all is not so well .
Sorry how can a educated man say the middle class is making 200k-250k income or "less" , I mean that man is running for the world leading country , still the world number 1 power.

Discounting more then half the American country .
It is getting to be a joke , and I can understand why it is so funny Erik , cause people like you really believes it .
Now care to back up your 2009 51% workers didn't pay income tax , and estimate 54% didn't pay income tax .
When economy is rising , thus spending power is back on the table .

Since I am going on your numbers and why those alone are stupid !

wupuck
09-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Go back to that homeless shelter you call a political movement, hippie.

Oh yeah... And enjoy your ban.

Please Ban me. Dipsticks like you obviously don't get it.

If this was a true crime game; there would be no rules. Anytime anyone robs me, i'd be able to attack them back immediately (not this 2-4 hour regeneration time crap). The backstory on this - your in a war w/ someone; they rob you; you go back rob them or beat em to "death". 20mins later they come back and rob you again; but guess what? You can't rob/attack them again for 2+ hrs. Funny how the "dead" can still rob me but I can't retaliate.

Events aren't truly random; this new style event i can only get between 13-16 "loots"; if this was true crime then it be more random meaning i could get between 5-25.

What else can we compare this to? Anytime folks w/ Money make the rules? the Have's are able to do anything they want? the have nots could work their tails off and get close but just won't really make it w/o alot of luck? but the rest just don't really play along and are the sheep/fodder for the rest to beat up/take from. Alot like life but a little more like the current Republican platform >> lets make rules that benefit the upper crust; we'll let the trickle down aka "generosity" of the upper crust help the rest but how often to we really see this?

jobadass
09-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Please Ban me. Dipsticks like you obviously don't get it.

If this was a true crime game; there would be no rules. Anytime anyone robs me, i'd be able to attack them back immediately (not this 2-4 hour regeneration time crap). The backstory on this - your in a war w/ someone; they rob you; you go back rob them or beat em to "death". 20mins later they come back and rob you again; but guess what? You can't rob/attack them again for 2+ hrs. Funny how the "dead" can still rob me but I can't retaliate.

Events aren't truly random; this new style event i can only get between 13-16 "loots"; if this was true crime then it be more random meaning i could get between 5-25.

What else can we compare this to? Anytime folks w/ Money make the rules? the Have's are able to do anything they want? the have nots could work their tails off and get close but just won't really make it w/o alot of luck? but the rest just don't really play along and are the sheep/fodder for the rest to beat up/take from. Alot like life but a little more like the current Republican platform >> lets make rules that benefit the upper crust; we'll let the trickle down aka "generosity" of the upper crust help the rest but how often to we really see this?Do you actually ever read what you type? You could be saying this about any particular group of any type, and it would still be complete garbage. If you are going to complain about the way the game is structured do so without dragging your political views into it (which the most liberal people I know would think you're off your rocker).

wupuck
09-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Do you actually ever read what you type? You could be saying this about any particular group of any type, and it would still be complete garbage. If you are going to complain about the way the game is structured do so without dragging your political views into it (which the most liberal people I know would think you're off your rocker).

What would you call it?

Dravak
09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
What would you call it?

A person that saw the light and hopeless of the situation and start randomly blaiming ...
do remember this is a game you play for enjoyment , not to make a 2nd life out of it .
Or see it as a 2nd life , sorry that is the truth .

Too many so desperatly seek success someplace to realise they are still a failure .
but nobody is a failure play with the cards you have , and do the best with it .
Not all republicans are rich , not all republicans are extreme hardcore , same story goes for democrats too .
Sorry both side are the "same people" in the end , just current last 10 years it has been a freaking circus

This game is meant to be fun , not a frustration and if you don't have fun cause you cannot compete or are unwilling to compete find something else to do , like best IPH ... most butter knives farmed .
Most respect points collected , most drama on walls ... whatever makes your game fun .

erik
09-16-2012, 02:01 PM
I am not making a tantrum , since you do not have defence , just deflecting the point like always ...

So proud to be American , when 51% in your argument , doesn't pay income tax , why do they not pay income tax ,
Is irrelevant to you , so basically half the american workers are barely able to make montly cost go around is irrelevant to you .

So basically what is relevant since Americans workers are not relevant , but a tantrum is relevant.
A point is relevant , but well being of fellow American isn't , but do not worry people , we can divert the attention to greece ,syria , see people have it so bad there !
honestly it is getting to be a joke , if this is the world leading country and there best and brightest are like this .

And that you need to go on offense instead of thinking of a defense ...
Says it all , here newsflash the rest of the world is catching on fast , that all is not so well .
Sorry how can a educated man say the middle class is making 200k-250k income or "less" , I mean that man is running for the world leading country , still the world number 1 power.

Discounting more then half the American country .
It is getting to be a joke , and I can understand why it is so funny Erik , cause people like you really believes it .
Now care to back up your 2009 51% workers didn't pay income tax , and estimate 54% didn't pay income tax .
When economy is rising , thus spending power is back on the table .

Since I am going on your numbers and why those alone are stupid !

My point is still limited on how, no one... liberals, conservatives, or the tax code actual considers the statement income is income... but rather something that is classified, considered, and treated differently based on its particular type or level.

Its interesting the places that takes you though, for example, attaching some bottled up Mitt Romney feelings to my non-political post.

Those #'s are readily found. Feel free to search for them if they are important to you.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 02:11 PM
it is not bottled up , it is simple if obama would say 200k-250k middle class income , I would laugh at him too .
Especially if asked if 100k is middle class , sorry America is big , east coast and california , carries majority of it .
But doesn't mean for a governer of massachuta you can make that blunder , honestly it ain't a rich/poor state .. at all .
So very much disconnect with reality it seems .

No you brought up those numbers I play your game , so now I ask you to back up those numbers ..
I am calling your bluff , like a good poker game ..

Sorry you want to represent the people atleast know your own people !
Not only the top 20% , or is being a politician nowadays only about knowing who is needed to fund your campaign , instead of representing the whole of the country :p

wupuck
09-16-2012, 02:12 PM
A person that saw the light and hopeless of the situation and start randomly blaiming ...
do remember this is a game you play for enjoyment , not to make a 2nd life out of it .
Or see it as a 2nd life , sorry that is the truth .

Too many so desperatly seek success someplace to realise they are still a failure .
but nobody is a failure play with the cards you have , and do the best with it .
Not all republicans are rich , not all republicans are extreme hardcore , same story goes for democrats too .
Sorry both side are the "same people" in the end , just current last 10 years it has been a freaking circus

This game is meant to be fun , not a frustration and if you don't have fun cause you cannot compete or are unwilling to compete find something else to do , like best IPH ... most butter knives farmed .
Most respect points collected , most drama on walls ... whatever makes your game fun .

I am aware this is a game and yes I do take it seriously; which makes it frustrating when someone w/ more real $ then me can come up and school me. Whats important? Win/loss. What else is there?

Gree/Funzio makes their $ from those folks. not me. I have been debating walking away but I've spent a good portion of the last year on it.

This is a pretty fun game overall, but its not w/o it's flaws (what game is?)

This game has ingame purchases in it, that's how Gree/Funzio makes their $ but since it pits one player against another; it puts a $ spender at a greater advantage then non $ spender.

This is a competitive game in nature; yet there is no "Discipline List" that allows stronger folks to beat up weaker folks if someone puts them another on this list (that had its flaws as well) - but what that does do is puts people in a bubble where folks really can't help one another out.

There is also no health meter that allows "dead/beaten up" players to attack/rob w/o being at risk themselves - which makes me vulnerable because 90% of people have significantly less income then me which makes robbing them back not worth it; another attribute that keeps players in a bubble - I've been talking to funzio for a long time about this and have had zero luck w/ their response other then "we are looking into it"

I wouldn't say randomly blaming; this is more - I started thinking about what this reminded me of when this election started thats when I made the correlation to the republicans and how things have worked out these past few years; i'm not saying this is like all republicans, just how I've been seeing their platform has been performing over the past few years.

But since you are on this forum reading what I have to say; obviously you take this game seriously enough (why would you be here otherwise? are you that bored?). Agree if you want, disagree if you want. I'm just making an observation that seemed to make alot of sense to me.

Dravak
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
maybe I am bored , but maybe am here to chew some bubblegum give some free advice and move on .
How should I know why am here , I have multiple forums I can go too ... multiple games I can play .

Enough free time and no money worries, i like to make people laugh or think , maybe am just a wierdo ;) , but like all things there are always exceptions to cases , am I a exception well that is up people to decide not me .

Sorry income is a necessity , if you want fair playing ground . then go to a sub game ... F2P was never F2P , always has been who can afford the most . just this game tops it a bit tough lol .
Nah if tommorow the server shuts down , too bad it happened , I donated enough to this game , without itune card tricks , company bonuses or tax reductions , special montly entertainement write offs ;)

So I wouldn't mind , money was well spent consider the duration of fun , and ha a life lesson richer .
Do not go against your instinct ;) my instinct is more often right then wrong ...
Seriously some people lease a new car every 6 months , I just invest the money into virtual entertainement .
Everybody there own fun :p

jobadass
09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Whats important? Win/loss. What else is there?

Gree/Funzio makes their $ from those folks. not me. I have been debating walking away but I've spent a good portion of the last year on it.

Honestly, you should walk away.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
@erik, to be honest I cut my answer off to Joe, because this forum isn't the place for it, but if you must know. I am referring to our progressive tax code and how it is easier for people with means to have their income classified as a capital gain instead of income.

Footballs is on, and this debate will be settled in November.

jobadass
09-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Footballs is on, and this debate will be settled in Never.Sorry Doc, had to edit! I totally agree with you in spirit though. Wrong place, entirely!

Cobra Shuttle
09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
the current Republican platform >> lets make rules that benefit the upper crust; we'll let the trickle down aka "generosity" of the upper crust help the rest but how often to we really see this?

Strawman fallacy.

Deluxe
09-16-2012, 08:08 PM
MXZ, by no means do I think income taxes a great, but I also like to drive on paved roads, have Internet services and thousands other GOOD things WE elected OUR Government to do. Capital gains tax is an individual tax, and for small business owners they have a choice to incorporate or not and should understand the consequences of both.

But hey enough of this, I would much rather talk FootBall!

Real football...as in kicky ball??

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-16-2012, 08:18 PM
ur mums balls

Deluxe
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
ur mums balls

Wow i see youve carried that line all the way from 2nd grade...which according to your spelling/grammar/punctuation was the last grade you completed...glad youre back, there were way too many coherent posts the last few days