PDA

View Full Version : Ummm...about that MW Toolkit in the AppStore...

Spanky_McMunky
09-15-2012, 05:35 AM
As it's downloading from the app store, a little window pops up telling me it needs my AppStore password to verify for purchases. I've never had an app ask for my AppStore password as it was downloading before and I've downloaded hundreds of apps. If I hadn't gotten the link from this forum, I wouldn't even be asking this question because there's no way I'd even consider putting my pw into it. But since it's from here...is this legit?

boardgames rule
09-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Yes the app is legit. Also the app store normally asks for your password right away. SO you must have the settings changed for that

Spanky_McMunky
09-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Yeah, I put my pw in to download the app from the store, but as its downloading, I get asked a second time to put in my pw. I've just never had an app ask for it a second time is all.

Jhoemel
09-15-2012, 06:01 AM
I see, its legit. A member here made it. I have the app

mickymacirl
09-15-2012, 06:05 AM
That's a standard ask of a device when accessing itunes store after a period of inactivity, you can turn it off if you wish.

Khimsoo's app is simple, brilliant and worth every penny of the money you don't pay for it, I'm just still surprised it's free it's so good!

Watch out for a Crime City version in the near future.

SoccerStud
09-15-2012, 06:07 AM
You have one mighty glitch there. I always get a password confirmation when downloading a game.

Jhoemel
09-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Is there a ka version in the future?

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Hacker tool.... beware

Tate
09-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah, it's a hacker tool that's been sanctioned by both Apple and Funzio/Gree but works fantastic for all of us that aren't hackers, duh.

If you don't know what you're talking about, say nothing

Spanky_McMunky
09-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Just for the record, the second time I downloaded it (after posting here initially) it did not ask for my pw a second time during the download like it did the first time. It downloaded just like every other app I've ever downloaded. I have no idea what caused the first attempted download to need multiple pw entries.

It looks tremendous. Now I just have to find a day and half free to spend inputting all of my game info.

Baraka
09-16-2012, 05:18 AM
It's legit and is a very handy tool for upgrade times and cost.

elangomatt
09-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Did you ever think that you probably just typed your password in wrong the first time so it prompted you again? Nobody is 100% accurate on a touch screen all the time.

I don't use the app for my army at all since that changes too much and takes forever to input, but it is great for upgrade planning since we have no way to see costs/times to upgrade while something else is upgrading.

dthfrmabv
09-16-2012, 10:17 AM
As it's downloading from the app store, a little window pops up telling me it needs my AppStore password to verify for purchases. I've never had an app ask for my AppStore password as it was downloading before and I've downloaded hundreds of apps. If I hadn't gotten the link from this forum, I wouldn't even be asking this question because there's no way I'd even consider putting my pw into it. But since it's from here...is this legit?

the appstore requires you to put your password in for downloads... after the first sign you will not be asked for subsequent "password" for that session. However, if the session expires you will be asked again for the password. This is the same for purchases made.

You may want to check your settings if y ou had checked automatic download. That may not ask you to sign in. That may had been ticked off.

fuzzlenutz
09-16-2012, 10:25 AM
LOL
Whats the best way to put in over 32 thousand units ?

Hivesy
09-16-2012, 11:48 AM
LOL
Whats the best way to put in over 32 thousand units ?

Dont bother, just input your top stat units as the low ones will make no difference to any relevant numbers. There is a +100 option at the bottom as well.