PDA

View Full Version : Money disappearing

ss30
09-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Anyone finding that when they collect their hood and before they can bank it their balance drops down by $231,000?

ss30

SevenO9
09-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Any chance you got robbed shorty before collection? Sometimes you get robbed but the app doesn't update your news. I think there is a 5 minute delay. In those case your build appears not robbed to you and collecting displays the full amount. Upon banking the app updates with the server and the amount robbed is deducted.

ss30
09-14-2012, 12:21 AM
I all way's keep CC running on my iPhone so I shouldn't lose any money.

This is what happens, I collect my hood and let’s say I collect $900,000 then within a few seconds the $900,000(in the top left of the screen) will change to $669,000.

When I lose money it's exactly $231,000 and I have looked at the rob report and added up what I would have lost and it's not $231,000.

dudeman
09-14-2012, 01:01 AM
I all way's keep CC running on my iPhone so I shouldn't lose any money.

That was fixed a long time ago. Do you have a NC? Is it level 2? $231,000 sounds like two hits on a level 2 NC.

Maybe it's just me, but lately the news seems screwy. Stories not showing up that should show up, or showing up a day late but still being added in the correct place chronologically.

Suppose you collect $900k. When you bank that, your total should increase by $810k. If you collect and bank before your game contacts the server you might see that, but it isn't real. You only get the $602k you should since your NC was robbed. Normally, making a bank deposit forces a server call and the correct amount is deposited in the first place, but that's not always how it works in my experience.

Unrelated to the issue in OP but on the same disappearing cash topic, I still have an issue with cash earned from jobs disappearing when the game calls the server. Is it because I have the Pathmaker and Blackout RPG? Is it because I'm level 200 and the XP earned from jobs gets rolled back when my game calls the server? I have verified on a countless number of occurrences that the loss is not due to being attacked with cash on hand. Sometimes the cash I am left with is less than the stated payout range.

ss30
09-14-2012, 01:13 AM
That was fixed a long time ago. Do you have a NC? Is it level 2? $231,000 sounds like two hits on a level 2 NC.

Wasn't for me if I left the game running.

Banking is not the problem my on screen money drop's after I have collected my hood, Collect my hood money top left say's $900,000 then a few seconds later it drop's to $669,000!

dudeman
09-14-2012, 01:25 AM
It happens on the next server call. The game does randomly call the server from time to time (or vice versa, idk), but certain actions such as banking, always force/require the game to communicate with the server.

You just might not notice the cash total dropping the same as you do when you're standing with it in on hand because you're in the process of banking. Assuming you banked everything, your cash total starts dropping and goes right to zero, instead of stopping after dropping $231,000 (which is also one hit on a level 3 NC).

ss30
09-14-2012, 01:34 AM
When I have lost money I have checked my rob report and added up what I have lost due to being robbed and it's not $231,000 but I allways seem to lose $231,000 and only ever $231,000.

I do have 2 NC at level 1.

dudeman
09-14-2012, 01:51 AM
When I have lost money I have checked my rob report and added up what I have lost due to being robbed and it's not $231,000 but I allways seem to lose $231,000 and only ever $231,000.

I do have 2 NC at level 1.

Someone with a Corpse Maker would get $231,000 from four hits on two level 1 NCs.

How do you mean the total doesn't add up? There aren't any recent robberies? They add up to less/more? Does this ever happen when you're collecting only from other buildings and not your NCs?

When you leave the app running and someone robs you, the money icon over the building will never change (bug? Oversight?). So there really is no clear indication that you were robbed, even though you might have a news story saying you were.

ss30
09-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Someone with a Corpse Maker would get $231,000 from four hits on two level 1 NCs.

How do you mean the total doesn't add up? There aren't any recent robberies? They add up to less/more? Does this ever happen when you're collecting only from other buildings and not your NCs?

When you leave the app running and someone robs you, the money icon over the building will never change (bug? Oversight?). So there really is no clear indication that you were robbed, even though you might have a news story saying you were.

When I have lost $231,000 in the past I have looked at what has been robbed and this can be more or less than $231,000, it doesn't seem to matter what has been robbed if I lose money it's all ways $231,000.

I have collect from other buildings (not including NC) and I have still lost $231,000 it doesn't matter what was robbed if I lose money it's all ways $231,000

chicknfaulker-trish
09-14-2012, 04:28 AM
This is what happens, I collect my hood and let’s say I collect $900,000 then within a few seconds the $900,000(in the top left of the screen) will change to $669,000.

When I lose money it's exactly $231,000 and I have looked at the rob report and added up what I would have lost and it's not $231,000.

I have had the same thing happen to me...within a few second of my total concluding it's tally. Also I have had people rob me when i had no cash on hand and drop my cash total into the negative. Also problems with people robbing buildings that are not up for collection. Tons of glitches lately!

ss30
09-14-2012, 04:31 AM
I have had the same thing happen to me...within a few second of my total concluding it's tally. Also I have had people rob me when i had no cash on hand and drop my cash total into the negative. Also problems with people robbing buildings that are not up for collection. Tons of glitches lately!

Glad it's not just me

Vile Lynn
09-14-2012, 04:47 AM

Umm... How can you have negative cash? curious.

The $ drop happens because of the server, Dudeman eloquently explained it above. Leaving the app open does not prevent you from losing robbed money anymore. It only prevents you from knowing it... sometimes.

ss30
09-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Umm... How can you have negative cash? curious.

The $ drop happens because of the server, Dudeman eloquently explained it above. Leaving the app open does not prevent you from losing robbed money anymore. It only prevents you from knowing it... sometimes.

There must be loads of bugs in the game! why can't GREE sort them out?

CJ54
09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Suppose you collect $900k. When you bank that, your total should increase by $810k. If you collect and bank before your game contacts the server you might see that, but it isn't real. You only get the $602k you should since your NC was robbed. Normally, making a bank deposit forces a server call and the correct amount is deposited in the first place, but that's not always how it works in my experience.

Unrelated to the issue in OP but on the same disappearing cash topic, I still have an issue with cash earned from jobs disappearing when the game calls the server. Is it because I have the Pathmaker and Blackout RPG? Is it because I'm level 200 and the XP earned from jobs gets rolled back when my game calls the server? I have verified on a countless number of occurrences that the loss is not due to being attacked with cash on hand. Sometimes the cash I am left with is less than the stated payout range.

First paragraph: This. This this this. I tell you guys, we have been trying to get the weird money/bank werid-looking-things solved since early on. It ALWAYS turns out to be some perfect storm of "collecting cash offline -> robbed during that time" when we look closely into it.

The server (rightly) doesn't trust things it can't see, otherwise all sorts of cheats would be possible. You collect, you bank, while you have no idea you're offline briefly due to a connection blip or due to the way we handle server calls. The money totals change, somewhere in there you get robbed or attacked and it looks on your end like you just lost a bunch of money for no reason (often money that looked protected).

Second paragraph: That sounds really weird, but similar to an issue we've been trying to pin down. The next time you see that happen, send in a ticket or forum PM me with as many details as possible and I will ask QA to look into it.

There must be loads of bugs in the game! why can't GREE sort them out?

We do. It takes time, depending on the bug. Crime City is pretty mature, which means anything that happens that isn't the result of new content is something buried deep and hiding really well. And in those cases, the bug is often tied to some really important piece of code, so it takes us time to unravel it without breaking anything else.

Also, it's worth noting that for every bug that makes it into the wild, ten more serious ones were caught by QA or killed by engineers before they got that far. Or caught by our beta testers. Any bug that makes it past the gauntlet is generally hard to spot until our entire playerbase is hammering on it.

dudeman
09-14-2012, 09:00 AM
CJ, I sent in a ticket regarding that issue on July 2nd. If you have them saved anywhere, it's ticket #147933.

The only reply or follow up I received came 8 days later.

CJ, Jul 10 15:22 (PDT):
Hey M***,

Thank you for the report on this. The team is taking a look into the issue right now, and I will contact you after we find out what is going on there.

Regards,

CJ

One last thing, this problem doesn't happen every single time I complete a job, but if I had to estimate how often it does happen I would say easily 75-80% of the time.

nopenopenope
09-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Dudeman is right, but it doesn't deduct in time if you are very fast though the menus. I also keep my app open 24/7 and will only drop bank seldomly if I am slow. You can beat the check-in often, but its a matter of seconds(1-2).

BOS
09-14-2012, 11:00 AM
CJ, I sent in a ticket regarding that issue on July 2nd. If you have them saved anywhere, it's ticket #147933.

The only reply or follow up I received came 8 days later.

CJ, Jul 10 15:22 (PDT):
Hey M***,

Thank you for the report on this. The team is taking a look into the issue right now, and I will contact you after we find out what is going on there.

Regards,

CJ

One last thing, this problem doesn't happen every single time I complete a job, but if I had to estimate how often it does happen I would say easily 75-80% of the time.

I have the Pathmaker and have yet to have this problem. It seems like the stacking of the modifiers may be to blame.

gambet1234
09-14-2012, 08:30 PM
I often have the exact opposite happen. When I leave the app running overnight (AND it has gotten laggy) I get all the money. The only exception seems to be when it is updated and restarts after the robbery took place. I routinely get robbed for $1xx,xxx (reported in news after a restart) and still have the correct unrobbed balance in my bank. The person who robbed me, if they do reply to my questions, report which building they robbed and that they did in fact get the money too. This only happens if I am completely idle in the game. The first thing must be to collect and deposit when I touch my phone. If I get a phone call or turn off an alarm it is too late and the robberies show up before I can collect (usually through a forced close and restart). That it would be $231,000 every time is extremely strange. Have you asked the people that robbed you to verify what they robbed?