PDA

View Full Version : Box Events & Dragons

PorkChopExpress
09-13-2012, 04:36 PM
This might be crazy talk, but if you're a free player & have a Level 10 Breeding Den, is there any logical reason to continue participating in Box events? I'm looking for a legit reason to play (besides getting new/different indestructible units). If anyone has a pro-Box event answer I'd love to hear it.

Calvarium
09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
This might be crazy talk, but if you're a free player & have a Level 10 Breeding Den, is there any logical reason to continue participating in Box events? I'm looking for a legit reason to play (besides getting new/different indestructible units). If anyone has a pro-Box event answer I'd love to hear it.

There is no reason. It is virtually impossible to get a unit that will go to battle since my army is primarily dragons now; and the paltry honor points, gold, etc are hardly worth the trouble or EXP to get boxes.
That being said I do try to rusty knife the boxes I pivk up during PvP just because why not. Got 50 honor points (pretty much worthless unless higher stat units are going to be released in the future), got a couple thousand gold (not enough to matter considering I'm 600k over vault right now) and the corpse rat (which will never see battle).

Timbathia
09-13-2012, 05:46 PM
This is partly why I suggested they start having events where you can get weapons or armor instead of units. The 5, 10, etc. box prizes could be weapons with stats better than what you can buy in game.

1Ranger
09-13-2012, 05:57 PM
This is partly why I suggested they start having events where you can get weapons or armor instead of units. The 5, 10, etc. box prizes could be weapons with stats better than what you can buy in game.

i like the armor/wpns vs units idea if the armor/wpns were for your avatar's use, but i now believe KA is a waste. GREE/Funzio doesnt award the premium rewards. during the Eastern Warlord event 2.5 weeks ago, i defeated the warlord forty times earning a random award each time as required before the event ended but there is no 900/800 Warlord in my Profile of units (the advertized premium reward). Yes, i sent in-game messages to Funzio and followed up emails, but they still have not added the 900/800 premium unit from that event to my Profile. my profile of units shows i earned 2 Warrior Spirits, 1 Stoic Champion, 3 Wind Dragon, 2 Panther Sentry, 4 Stoic Guardian, 7 Focused Spirit, 4 Proven Brawler, 11 Jade Fighter and six 100 Needle Launcher units for the forty defeats. but as of yet, no 900/800 Warlord in my profile. :mad:

Joe Brown1
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a level 10 BD and am a free player. I only do the box events to try and get the 15 or 20 item units. I generally can get the 15 in OT and have gotten the 20 twice. I will still use the 5/10 item units until I get a full dragon army which takes awhile. Love the idea of weapons or armor as the 5/10 award.

Dr. Dengus
09-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Really no reason besides an attempt at the 15+ units ... or just for novelty purposes if the 5 and 10 units aren't recycled images.

Ssne
09-13-2012, 07:14 PM
There is almost no reason to participate in the box events even if you are not a free player with a level 10 breeding den. The box events level you up trying to get boxes which makes the boss events that much harder (but they have a much better return).

Love the weapons / armor idea.

Hobtuse
09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I am a free player with level 10 breeding den but I do play the box events and almost always try to go for the 20 item units.

Despite the box events being events that in overall loses gold (a ton of it), it's hard to resist special indestructible units that are different from the units that you purchase from your unit buildings.

Mantou
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I think cannot be said 100% not worth for the event. If the 5,10 unit defence is greater then dragon by 43 that will be worth.
because they will going for battle, and u will be using 1 lesser dragon for defence.

Njwmrb
09-14-2012, 07:37 AM
I have not participated in these since they changed it to only the top 50 getting the special unit. I just use the free option when I remember to and hope for some bonus cash or honor points