PDA

View Full Version : The most crazy or famous place you collected....

fuzzy
09-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Hopefully a fun thread and some travelers can share there experience with less traveled players.

So what is the most crazy/famous place you pulled out your device and made a building collection?

This got me thinking today as I was driving down a toll road from one location to another and pulled over to side of the road to pick up my Night Clubs. Yes silly I know. I happen to have a new friend that likes to visit me. No worries though it's just fake money.

Wedding? Guilty
Funeral? Guilty
Major League Sporting Event? Guilty (Pittsburgh Peguins game watching Sid the Kid)
Toilet? Who doesn't....

Has any collected while on the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty or maybe the Sears Tower?

Maybe while touring the White House?

Sunday mornings in church? Yes you know who I'm talking about...

iteachem
09-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Church definately.... I work the soundboard for the band and I definately collect during the sermon...I am there for three of them so it's not like I don't memorize the sermons anyway

mnju_03
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Backseat of a cop car? Office at work while in a meeting.... during sex?

mxz
09-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh boy...
4 (maybe 5?) different countries and 13 states. WTC Memorial was probably the most famous "place".

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I ended a date early to go home and collect.

DenZ1
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I collected once while fishing with my son. It was my last collection on old iPhone :)

iteachem
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh and tonight during parent teacher conferences ..looking at my watch knowing I am in that 5 minute grace period before they get robbed waiting patiently for the parents to finish up our conversations. luckily for me my stalker missed and opportunity when I was 15 minute late..(parent teacher communication is the priority so was more than willing to take the hit)

erik
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
On the side of a 14 pitch roof with no harness.

iteachem
09-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I collected once while fishing with my son. It was my last collection on old iPhone :)

You posted about that I remember

DenZ1
09-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I ended a date early to go home and collect.
Date? Why do you need a date? According to your prior comments you can pick plenty of dates at work or whatever you do driving ;)

fuzzy
09-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Backseat of a cop car? Office at work while in a meeting.... during sex?

I would think most cops would take your phone...you must have made a good impression.

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Date? Why do you need a date? According to your prior comments you can pick plenty of dates at work or whatever you do driving ;)

I don't date them. They're annoying as hell. So was the date that I ended early.

fuzzy
09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Oh boy...
3 (maybe 4?) different countries and 13 states. WTC Memorial was probably the most famous "place".

PA
Ohio
Maryland
WV
New York

I only got 5 states...

Reminder to self....must travel more.

mnju_03
09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I would think most cops would take your phone...you must have made a good impression.

It's complicated. lol!

mxz
09-12-2012, 07:17 PM
PA
Ohio
Maryland
WV
New York

I only got 5 states...

Reminder to self....must travel more.Haha, most were for the employer not for kicks.

Polarbear
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Ambulance
Nurse - "You should inform your family"
*grabs phone - collects*
Me - "I texted them"

Macau - City of Dreams - Baccarat
Bank was killing us, winner kept switching.
*goes back to room - collects - return to tables*
End - 95k Richer =D (HK dollars though....)

*In hindsight 6 hour collections helped discipline walking away from a losing streak. Hmmm +1 addiction benefits!

Steve0
09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Space Needle, and of course after the deed.

Khayman
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
In the Wagner's Nibelheim, I mean in my work. Alberich and Mime, aren't us? ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FjFI9kkZMgo/ScKJyRXpMpI/AAAAAAAAAt0/H0zQ5i4aXNc/S259/aceria+acerinox+hornos.jpg

iteachem
09-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Great thread

joaquim
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM
At my house in JAX.
In the car.
At a gas station.
At many restaurants.
At school in the gym before first period(after that my hood becomes available for 7 hours).
In a hospital.
In an airport.
In Orlando.
And in 3 months in the following locations:
Miami
On an airplane
In Colombia
In Venezuela.

Jtstar7439
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM

You technically don't have to be arrested to be in the back. You can be a Vic, witness, or complainant. If your under, your not gonna have your phone, if for an odd reason you somehow do, your gonna be rear cuffed so if you can log into it you got some serious skills lol

PawnXIIX
09-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I was collecting my buildings at PAX East last year but that's about it :P

G Wiz
09-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Funny story...lol

I was in line at the bank and little did I realize how I was saying, "I'm gonna rob everything" under my breathe lolol...The looks people gave me was one of fear!

PawnXIIX
09-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Funny story...lol

I was in line at the bank and little did I realize how I was saying, "I'm gonna rob everything" under my breathe lolol...The looks people gave me was one of fear!

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/03/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Dr. Dengus
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Funny story...lol

Lol that's priceless.

Nowhere too crazy or famous for me, have definitely collected while at an Oakland A's game. And plenty of times last semester in class, but eventually sync'd my buildings so I wouldn't have to miss out on my edumacation.

Timbo Slice
09-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Literally every church service since I've started playing the game lol

Also at work, driving a police car :D Hoping nobody sees me playing on my phone while I'm driving! (illegal in California)

Burn
09-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Dusseldorf, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, all in Germany
Brussels, Belgium
Paris, France
Alsace, France
Rome, Italy
Geneva, Switzerland
Madrid, Spain
Belagio, Las Vegas
Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Daytona Raceway, Daytona Beach, all Florida
Whatever airports we stopped over in when flying to and from the USA
Ibiza, Balearic Islands
At the Olympics, London

Most novel probably on a pub crawl in Basel where in the course of an evening you stop for a beer in a pub in each of France, Germany and Switzerland, all within walking distance of each other.

Wowsers, I've had a busy year! In fairness most of those European destinations were business related and were a case of airport/hotel/meeting/hotel/airport with little or no sight-seeing or downtime, and really not much fun at all.

Bea
09-13-2012, 03:09 AM
The nurses know I like the bay by the window when I go into hospital, but they don't know it's the only bay where I can get a signal!

Luke 3457
09-13-2012, 04:44 AM
My most notable place would be kauii, Hawaii on a secluded beach I had no service but left game running so I could collect 8 hours and night clubs! I had to buy explosives because I couldn't bank with no service.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-13-2012, 05:11 AM
I would say my two best are, climbing Maya ruins in Belize and at Dinner with the CEO of a top 5 US bank. Both, put me in the Dog House with the Wife.

BOS
09-13-2012, 07:04 AM
On the side of a 14 pitch roof with no harness.

In Ky, OSHA would be all over you! No hard hat, and not tied in, all while on the phone too... lol.

14 pitch... How many feet off the ground, because one can build up some speed rolling down that!!

Ramshutu
09-13-2012, 10:40 AM
I collected from a nightclub on rollerskates going backwards once.

Coldjoey
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Watching my son's football (soccer) match, I missed his over head winning goal. I had synced my buildings and wanted to keep them running to my time table.

sister morphine
09-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Great thread. Mine are pretty dull compared with the corkers above

While shopping (all the time)
In a restaurant
On the train
At the beach
On a trip to Eltham Palace in London
In the street

I've stayed up till 2:30am to prevent my nightclubs being targeted. What an eejit

brutus beefcake
09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
I collect during breaks while I'm onstage playing concerts all the time :eek:

Carmine74
09-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Driving down the freeway, fishing, at a pro baseball game, restaurants, family gatherings, work. Seems silly when people ask what you're doing. Most often just say I'm looking up something on the internet.

PawnXIIX
09-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I collected off a wifi point called "FBI Surveillance Van" once.

If anybody wants proof I can post the screenshot I took from my laptop :3

TonySpaghetti
09-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I collected off a wifi point called "FBI Surveillance Van" once.

If anybody wants proof I can post the screenshot I took from my laptop :3

That's pretty common.

PawnXIIX
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
That's pretty common.

I thought it was pretty funny :P

Boom
09-13-2012, 08:21 PM
I collected at my house. True story.