PDA

View Full Version : Working for Gree now?

Mcdoc
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I am not an avid Apple user - only have an I-Pad because my daughter found it on a plane.

Anyway - I sent in a report about the in-game crash that happens to me every time I try to inspect an item in my inventory under the new feature of the latest update. I think others have already stated that this problem is unique to the I-Pad.

Here is the reply I got - and while I am all about helping Gree improve the game - I do not have this device synced with any of my Normal Working PC's (don't want to infect them with the Apple Virus) - so perhaps someone else could do some free labor for Gree and find this file they are looking for and help them find the bug that is causing this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Here is their request:

"Thank you for contacting Support. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. It sounds like you may have a low-memory issue. I've cleared the memory cache here on our end of things. Please restart your device to complete this process. If you are still having this issue, please let us know. If possible, please include any recent crash logs. Crash logs contain information about what the app was doing just prior to the crash.

To find a log file, please sync your iPhone, iPod or iPad first, then locate the correct log file for the app using the path for your OS below. The log file’s name should start with the app’s name.

Mac OS X

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your iPhone’s name>/

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<your iPhone’s name>\

Windows Vista

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your iPhone’s name>\

Windows 7

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Applecomputer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>

Once you’ve located the correct file, please email it back to us.

Regards,

A"

Ryan5100
09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
This last update has a lot of stupid bigs with the inventory. Apparently the warlor siege tank has a bonus nobody knew about. Found that out by the inventory.

Miner
09-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I lost and iPad on a plane a while back... Hmmmmm.

albeezy
09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
only have an I-Pad because my daughter found it on a plane.

Love this part here McDoc, guessing no one claimed it after a few weeks of sitting in the lost and found at the airport terminal and then they called you up and said you could keep it. You are soooo lucky, I had to pay money for mine, then my wife stole it!

I lost and iPad on a plane a while back... Hmmmmm.
Possession is 9/10ths of the law! LOL

Miner
09-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey McDoc. Did the iPad have a silver back and an apple logo on it? If so, I think it's the one I left on a plane.

CJ54
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey McDoc,

We ask for crash logs because otherwise we have to play "guess what causes the crash this person is having" when it could be something that only happens to a handful of people. We catch a LOT of crash-causing issues in QA (last I was told, MW is down to something like 5% of the crashes we had six months ago), but there's all sorts of device-specific things that we would need thousands of people hammering away at to find. It's just the fastest way for us to find out what's causing the issue you're seeing.

And we did bug this one after the report; if there are other people seeing it (which it sounds like there are) we'll keep tracking what info we get so that we can hand that back to the engineers to look into.

-CJ

Miner
09-12-2012, 05:21 PM
CJ -- There are MUCH bigger issues than this! Like, seriously, I think McDoc's daughter stole my iPad! ;)

albeezy
09-12-2012, 05:28 PM
it's a developer party today! Everyone's on here! And yes you getting your iPad stolen by McDoc's daughter is a much more serious issue Miner! I'll get copenhizzle on the case!

Blackstone
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Received the same request from support. CJ - it sounds like everyone with an iPad is having this issue. Don't you guys have a iPad laying around you can test?

Morphlingman
09-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I use an iPad too and mine crashes if I try to look at the units in my inventory also

Ranger4Life
09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Crashes every time on my iPad too.

Ferr
09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
It is a structural problem. My i pad crashes as well when i push the inventory button. Its on the issue list.

Deskjockey
09-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Same here--iPad 2, crashes every time I tap on a unit to view it. The thread on the new update I rife with posts from iPad users who have this problem.

Here's the link to the thread with all the complaints:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39390-new-update-on-the-appstore

Copenhagen
09-12-2012, 07:02 PM
it's a developer party today! Everyone's on here! And yes you getting your iPad stolen by McDoc's daughter is a much more serious issue Miner! I'll get copenhizzle on the case!

Copenhizzle is da house fo shizzle. Recent reports of combatants looking to clone their forces have trained monkeys to acquire devices from unsuspecting rivals. Others have resorted to human infantry in the form of cleptomaniac children. Be wary to keep your device clutched tightly when in high trafic areas such as subways, airports, shopping malls and theme parks.

albeezy
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Copenhizzle is da house fo shizzle. Recent reports of combatants looking to clone their forces have trained monkeys to acquire devices from unsuspecting rivals. Others have resorted to human infantry in the form of cleptomaniac children. Be wary to keep your device clutched tightly when in high trafic areas such as subways, airports, shopping malls and theme parks.

Funny stuff Cope. Glad to know my reporters are on the job 24/7!

CJ54
09-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Yup, looks like that's the case. I'm letting the devs know. It looks like this is the kind that might not leave crash logs (although if anyone finds some, let us know), so we'll adjust the response. Sorry for the confusion on our end of things.

jeffrey
09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I am not an avid Apple user - only have an I-Pad because my daughter found it on a plane.

Anyway - I sent in a report about the in-game crash that happens to me every time I try to inspect an item in my inventory under the new feature of the latest update. I think others have already stated that this problem is unique to the I-Pad.

Here is the reply I got - and while I am all about helping Gree improve the game - I do not have this device synced with any of my Normal Working PC's (don't want to infect them with the Apple Virus) - so perhaps someone else could do some free labor for Gree and find this file they are looking for and help them find the bug that is causing this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Here is their request:

"Thank you for contacting Support. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. It sounds like you may have a low-memory issue. I've cleared the memory cache here on our end of things. Please restart your device to complete this process. If you are still having this issue, please let us know. If possible, please include any recent crash logs. Crash logs contain information about what the app was doing just prior to the crash.

To find a log file, please sync your iPhone, iPod or iPad first, then locate the correct log file for the app using the path for your OS below. The log file’s name should start with the app’s name.

Mac OS X

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your iPhone’s name>/

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<your iPhone’s name>\

Windows Vista

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your iPhone’s name>\

Windows 7

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Applecomputer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>

Once you’ve located the correct file, please email it back to us.

Regards,

A"

Hey superman, for a second I thought Greedy Funzio hired you and started to pay you in gold. :D

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey Hi There

My name is CJ ( in blue).. since I am here posting you should all feel good.. and forget all the issues that you have.
and simply be hypontized into the wow .. Glee is good!

I would ask you to actually get a clue....issue after issue.. no communication.

GIJOE
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Yup, looks like that's the case. I'm letting the devs know. It looks like this is the kind that might not leave crash logs (although if anyone finds some, let us know), so we'll adjust the response. Sorry for the confusion on our end of things.
my ipad2 did not crash, it freezes when I tap on the unit in my inventory so I have to force close the app, perhaps that's why it didn't leave crash logs ?

CJ54
09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Yep, it's a different kind of thing, not a standard crash issue. Don't have any more details on it yet, but it's been passed up the chain.

dthfrmabv
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
@ Mcdoc - bud I don't think it has to do with low memory issue. I have a new Iphone and Ipad and I dont have much in it other than my work email. Only game I have is The gree games and 3 more. No Pic or video and no other Apps. I have a 32gig gadgets and both freezes when I do the same - just an FYI.

Mcdoc
09-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Hey McDoc,

We ask for crash logs because otherwise we have to play "guess what causes the crash this person is having" when it could be something that only happens to a handful of people. We catch a LOT of crash-causing issues in QA (last I was told, MW is down to something like 5% of the crashes we had six months ago), but there's all sorts of device-specific things that we would need thousands of people hammering away at to find. It's just the fastest way for us to find out what's causing the issue you're seeing.

And we did bug this one after the report; if there are other people seeing it (which it sounds like there are) we'll keep tracking what info we get so that we can hand that back to the engineers to look into.-CJ

I actually would be very happy to provide you the info you requested - it's just that I honestly don't allow ANY Apple products to touch ANY of my perfectly working PC computers - so I literally couldn't look for the Log File you were asking me for.

Honestly - I was hoping some other Apple Geekoid from the Forums with an iPad would read my post and quickly post the logs you were asking for :)

Mcdoc
09-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I lost and iPad on a plane a while back... Hmmmmm.Yo Miner - you name the Airline and the City you flew into and the Month of the Flight and I will mail you this IPad if it matches my daughter's flight :)

mickymacirl
09-13-2012, 01:42 AM
McDoc, jailbreak your devices, you can manage the memory and files a lot better than a standard device.

Mcdoc
09-13-2012, 02:29 AM
McDoc, jailbreak your devices, you can manage the memory and files a lot better than a standard device.I don't connect to any PC's with my iPad - so i really have no reason NOT to Jailbreak it. So I guess I need a PM on how this is done :). Thanks in advance.

Buggs1a
09-13-2012, 02:48 AM
The files they ask for is a joke. They don't exist and never have. Theyve asked me many times for crash logs. They don't exist.
I actually would be very happy to provide you the info you requested - it's just that I honestly don't allow ANY Apple products to touch ANY of my perfectly working PC computers - so I literally couldn't look for the Log File you were asking me for.

Honestly - I was hoping some other Apple Geekoid from the Forums with an iPad would read my post and quickly post the logs you were asking for :)

Hivesy
09-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Just so you devs know I have an old as the hills iPad 1 and it also freezes the app when I touch a unit in my inventory.

I love the feature it's great being able to see my non cash units that aren't top 45 'big' again but it freezes so I have to reset every time. Can't wait until its fixed as this is one of the few positive changes you guys have made recently.

Miner
09-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Yo Miner - you name the Airline and the City you flew into and the Month of the Flight and I will mail you this IPad if it matches my daughter's flight :)I have a better idea. Why don't you tell me what flight it was on and I'll let you know if it was mine?

I just remember some girl walking up to me, taking my iPad out of the seat back pocket, saying "Oh! Look what I just found?!" and then she slapped me in the face and walked away.

Maybe this is an nationwide airline iPad theifing crime ring!

Beezy? Copenhizzle? You on this story?!

You know I'm kidding, right McDoc?

Giedrybe
09-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Hmm, slim chances, but I would still like to get "my" iPad back...

2011 September
San Diego
Delta or JetBlue, "cannot" remember

And thank you, McDoc, this event is much more rewarding than "add me" for 100 gold. I am sure we'll get a winner here as well :)

mickymacirl
09-13-2012, 05:20 AM
I don't connect to any PC's with my iPad - so i really have no reason NOT to Jailbreak it. So I guess I need a PM on how this is done :). Thanks in advance.

Sent you on the details McDoc

Tate
09-13-2012, 06:53 AM
The files they ask for is a joke. They don't exist and never have. Theyve asked me many times for crash logs. They don't exist. actually Buggs, they do exist, if you really want to take the time to look for them. I had sent crash logs in to Chris many months ago, when many of us were having crash issues, and whether any of them made any difference I don't know. What I do know is that my iPad seldom crashes anymore while playing.

Agent Orange
09-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Received the same request from support. CJ - it sounds like everyone with an iPad is having this issue. Don't you guys have a iPad laying around you can test?

They probably do but it could be a unique setting, app, particular generation of device, or IOS bug so seeing crash reports makes bug tracking easier, sort of like reducing looking for a needle in a haystack to looking for it on a patch of shag carpet....

When I was having problems with the Android app support asked me to install a crash reporting app so they could look at what happened, too bad the IOS waybis more convoluted.

Hey that iPad you found, was it on a plane and silver with black or white trim? ;^p

Buggs1a
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
actually Buggs, they do exist, if you really want to take the time to look for them. I had sent crash logs in to Chris many months ago, when many of us were having crash issues, and whether any of them made any difference I don't know. What I do know is that my iPad seldom crashes anymore while playing.

Weird. They sent those exact instructions to me and they don't exist for me, never have. There's no such files or folders from the info they gave me.

Mcdoc
09-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Hmm, slim chances, but I would still like to get "my" iPad back... 2011 SeptemberSan DiegoDelta or JetBlue, "cannot" rememberAnd thank you, McDoc, this event is much more rewarding than "add me" for 100 gold. I am sure we'll get a winner here as well :)Not sure what event I started - but this iPad was found in December in Northern Cali. I actually emailed the address that showed up in iTunes for over 3 weeks with no response. Anyway - its been 9 months now - I think I'm safe to assume its "finders keepers".

@Mickey - thanks - got the PM - seems like a lot of steps - but perhaps it is worth while :)

I wish there was a Log file I could send the Devs to help solve the problem - in fact I hope someone sees the instructions in the OP and can find them and help resolve the issue.

whackueddie
09-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Doc..free player good...work funzies better...they have pay for play program...insult enemies,
get THEM to buy gold to take you out..funzy give 10 % ...check every week...sweeeet!

Thief
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Sigh...Hackers are playing at lower levels now :(
Level 67
87587 Attack 75065 Defense
6x Catalyst Battle Tank 3000/2450
3x Echo Leader 3100/2150
Obviously a tone of other items but i figured displaying those two were sufficient to show the Hacker.

14 Attacks on me and i loose 4.2 Million, Troops and my Win/Loos Record. CCMark i can finally understand how people are so frustrated when this happens.

CJ54
09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
This one turned out not to be a crash (so don't worry about hunting for crash logs for this one, Mcdoc or anyone else). It's a bad bit of code that has no exit loop, so it just gets stuck when you try to click on the unit. One of our MW engineers has a fix that we're pushing (hopefully) either tonight or tomorrow.

actually Buggs, they do exist, if you really want to take the time to look for them. I had sent crash logs in to Chris many months ago, when many of us were having crash issues, and whether any of them made any difference I don't know. What I do know is that my iPad seldom crashes anymore while playing.

They did. The crash logs we received from people were instrumental in fixing as many things contributing to crashes as we could find (and stopping crashes was and is a huge priority).

They probably do but it could be a unique setting, app, particular generation of device, or IOS bug so seeing crash reports makes bug tracking easier, sort of like reducing looking for a needle in a haystack to looking for it on a patch of shag carpet....

Same general idea, but it's more like crash logs tell us the general region the needle is (probably) located in the haystack.

Most actual crashes, either it's a bit of code somewhere that's like a monkey wrench thrown into the gears of a machine every time it runs, or else inefficient code. In either case, crash logs give us a look at what was happening in the app when the crash happened. Sometimes the engineers still have to hunt through a bunch of code to find out WHY something was doing what it was doing during the crash, but the logs give us an idea of where to start looking.

I seriously really don't like asking for crash logs (who likes asking someone to do something when they're already having a problem?), but they help a lot in the cases where it's an actual crash going on.

Anyway, thanks for reporting this one, folks.

Mcdoc
09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow - that's the most Blue text I've seen in a thread in a very long time :)

Buggs1a
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Please pm and email me Micky, please.

Skyser30518
09-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Thank you CJ. It's great to get a response. That's awesome!!!

mickymacirl
09-14-2012, 02:18 AM
@Mickey - thanks - got the PM - seems like a lot of steps - but perhaps it is worth while :)

Should take you no more than 20 minutes MD, if you have any issues you can always call me, I'll send on my phone number should you get stuck.

mickymacirl
09-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Sigh...Hackers are playing at lower levels now :(
Level 67
87587 Attack 75065 Defense
6x Catalyst Battle Tank 3000/2450
3x Echo Leader 3100/2150
Obviously a tone of other items but i figured displaying those two were sufficient to show the Hacker.

14 Attacks on me and i loose 4.2 Million, Troops and my Win/Loos Record. CCMark i can finally understand how people are so frustrated when this happens.

Yep I'm seeing a rebound re: hackers at the moment as well, interesting little buggers!

Buggs1a
09-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Micky, please message me. I feel ignored :(

mickymacirl
09-14-2012, 03:54 AM
check ur email bugs

Buggs1a
09-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Than,s man lol.

CJ54
09-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Yep I'm seeing a rebound re: hackers at the moment as well, interesting little buggers!

Micky, if you're seeing some weird stuff, please let me know.

mickymacirl
09-14-2012, 05:07 AM

Will do CJ, like always, just in the testing phase right now.

mickymacirl
09-14-2012, 05:08 AM

Oh and thanks for the email btw :P