PDA

View Full Version : The famous 10.000 dollars prize.

Mikecore
09-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I am opening a new thread for this....I hope that this time (crossing fingers) I will draw some attention!

How difficult is to change that ridiculous prize?...I just "won" 10.000, minus the cost of opening -12.200...so I won a total of -2.200!

I think that it does not cost anything for gree to set the prize at 50.000.

Or at least, dear Gree implement this strategy for your gold selling procedure! I will buy gold for 10 dollars but you will bill me back 12 dollars! If you do so, you will have a "profit" of -2 dollars...And keep the change!...lol..

PawnXIIX
09-12-2012, 04:30 PM
We were told during the very first event that they were working on fixing it.

...Well?

If we put Gree in charge of a starving nation and they said they were "working on it" the population would surely die.

I feel your pain I minus $2.9k every $10,000 prize *facepalm* That's a penalty of 33% for WINNING

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I actually like the $10,000 prize. Especially when I've used gold to get it. Its a much more efficient way of turning gold into super awesome CC cash. I used to just buy a gold building, then sit around and wait for it to be ready for collection. Now I get cash much faster.

PawnXIIX
09-12-2012, 04:44 PM
It's like when I open the monopoly box suddenly I'm $50,000 richer. :D

dudeman
09-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Does it really matter what's in the event boxes if it's not a collectible item? Once you are well equipped the item do nothing for your stats. If you have a strong economy the cash "prizes" are pretty worthless too.

(CCC)Dipstik
09-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Honestly, all of the consolation prizes are worthless so why whine about that one?

PawnXIIX
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Honestly, all of the consolation prizes are worthless so why whine about that one?

Because Gree told us they were going to fix it and dropped the ball. Honestly it just seems to be the norm :/

Jtstar7439
09-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Does it really matter what's in the event boxes if it's not a collectible item? Once you are well equipped the item do nothing for your stats. If you have a strong economy the cash "prizes" are pretty worthless too.

Exactly!!! The 10k is a joke, the 50k is a joke, the 300rp is also a joke, and the car or sniper rifle don't do anything for my stats....

PawnXIIX
09-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Exactly!!! The 10k is a joke, the 50k is a joke, the 300rp is also a joke, and the car or sniper rifle don't do anything for my stats....

Everything handed out through events comes with the quote "What do you want for nothing", and I always ask myself that :/

Bea
09-13-2012, 03:16 AM
We were told during the very first event that they were working on fixing it.

Yes, I remember that. We cannot believe anything they say!

Dreno33
09-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I am opening a new thread for this....I hope that this time (crossing fingers) I will draw some attention!

How difficult is to change that ridiculous prize?...I just "won" 10.000, minus the cost of opening -12.200...so I won a total of -2.200!

Or at least, dear Gree implement this strategy for your gold selling procedure! I will buy gold for 10 dollars but you will bill me back 12 dollars! If you do so, you will have a "profit" of -2 dollars...And keep the change!...lol..

well if i even played i would not have to pay nearly as much. Hell, on the Boss event lvl 41 boss cost only 1,100 per cash hit. hahahahha

SevenO9
09-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't see the issue. Those event always had a 'gambling' element. You might get nothing, something or something good.

On my list of things Gree should fix this has like priority 10,000. If they use zero based budgeting it will never make it.

Astroboy
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't see the issue. Those event always had a 'gambling' element. You might get nothing, something or something good.

That's not the point. The point is that they should at least change the minimum amount you can win to a figure that's at least, say, $1000 MORE than what you paid to open the box. If you're going to "win" $XX,XXX then you should have paid no more than what the prize is worth. The very least is you should break even, like winning an item that doesn't improve your stats.

How would people feel if they "won" an item that decreased their att or def?

To summarise; if you use in-game cash to open a box or whatever, and the prize inside is more in-game cash, then the value of the prize should be greater than the amount of in-game cash you used. Otherwise they should drop the in-game cash prizes altogether, as they would be rendered pointless.

For Christ's sake it's almost impossible to get anywhere using in-game cash now anyway, only gold users get anywhere in the events since the crappy format change to these new style events.

Only beginners and low level/income players would/should be happy to see $10,000 in the box.

Polarbear
09-14-2012, 09:58 AM
If you have issues about affording the cost to open boxes, perhaps it's best just to revisit your IPH...

Astroboy
09-14-2012, 10:00 AM
How difficult is to change that ridiculous prize?I just "won" 10.000, minus the cost of opening -12.200...so I won a total of -2.200!

Very good point. They can adjust the "cost" of opening the boxes to suit the level you're at, but it's like asking them for a kilo of moon rock when it comes to adjusting how the prizes are calculated. :confused: