PDA

View Full Version : [Survey] Event Suggestions!

Crime City Mark
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM
You all have some great opinions on the events we've been running, and we want to reward you for them. Go to greegam.es/Q3wkuQ and send us your ideas for what kind of event you'd like to see. We will randomly select 10 players after 1 week to receive 250 gold/gems, depending on the game.

Discuss, and let me know if you have any questions.

Ferr
09-12-2012, 04:00 PM
You must be kidding CCM......
Focus on properly working events instead.

bigflan
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I answered the survey

Seems cool that we get contests now

Baraka
09-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Good idea that's you want our opinions. But true major bugs do need eradicating first.

Miner
09-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Can you make the address a link CCM? Hard to copy/paste on iPhone.

Blackstone
09-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Bring back the PVP tournament with a leaderboard. I know it's not a money maker, but it's fun for all.

manbeast
09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
i put my awesome idea in there. hope i win

Bob_55
09-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Bring back the crates events

Tate
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
C'mon guys! geez, how soon we forget what we have been asking for all these past months....

jeffrey
09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Bring back the 10 item events.

And for the boss event, make it 20 bosses instead of 30 or the 35 now.

If you do, we will make a lot of us happy again and spend golds on the events.

Your current event formats are pissing a lot of people off, McDoc the superman was a heavy gold spender, now he is a cash player.

Edited to add Miner or Manbest as another former gold spender is now a game cash only player. And me too as the 3rd.

jeffrey
09-12-2012, 10:47 PM
And if you insist on making a lot of us unhappy and keep the auction event, for the auction event #1 finisher, name the item after him or her.

Dr. Dengus
09-12-2012, 11:25 PM
We'd have to come up with something pretty clever for GREE to introduce it. And by clever, I mean a big money maker. The PvP Tournament was fun for players and I'd love to see it come back, but what the hell, GREE doesn't make a lot of money because of some 10 gold stamina refills. Rewarding the long-time players with another IPH tournament would be nice, but they would have to couple it with something else that gives both new and old players a chance.

mickymacirl
09-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Bring back the 10 item events and make sure the boosts work.

Also love to see the PVP event coming back and some sort of Boost Building or cash event again (similar to IPH)

Baraka
09-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah would love an IPH event. With a double upgrade unit for victor. I can wish lol.

Poopenshire
09-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Just submitted, i think i may have described it more in a confusing manner than anything else but I hope basics are there.

War Priest
09-13-2012, 07:52 AM
How about this suggestion, stop them!

Blackstone
09-13-2012, 08:08 AM
IPH events are for all you weak campers. I myself use my upgrade times for boosts and units. Then I just take YOUR money.

Poopenshire
09-13-2012, 08:27 AM
IPH events are for all you weak campers. I myself use my upgrade times for boosts and units. Then I just take YOUR money.

Cough Cough Cough,

Please stop on by and have a swipe at my 699K IPH, I think you will be unpleasantly suprised!

Baraka
09-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Cough Cough Cough,

Please stop on by and have a swipe at my 699K IPH, I think you will be unpleasantly suprised!Hear here well said poop. A good IPH is key.as it helps you get your attack and defense up. Doing boosts I between.

Arizona
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Camping is an alternative strategy and an ideal one for free players to compete with gold players up to a certain degree. Nothing wrong with it.

Arizona
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Ten item event was fun, but it didn't reward strategy or skill. Still nice to have it back and it was fun.
Leaderboard event is just an auction of gold spenders. Once again no skill involved, and more than anything alienates the rest of the MW community.
Boss events are fun and a certain amount of skill rewards players with a full ally count and selective unit purchases.

Maybe we can just have all three events, and keep everyone a little happy.
10 item lottery event.
Leaderboard event for gold bugs.
Boss event for skill.

Mr who
09-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Ten item event was fun, but it didn't reward strategy or skill. Still nice to have it back and it was fun.
Leaderboard event is just an auction of gold spenders. Once again no skill involved, and more than anything alienates the rest of the MW community.
Boss events are fun and a certain amount of skill rewards players with a full ally count and selective unit purcha
ses.
I second that. Agree with all above
Maybe we can just have all three events, and keep everyone a little happy.
10 item lottery event.
Leaderboard event for gold bugs.
Boss event for skill.
I second that. Agree with all above

Blackstone
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Cough Cough Cough,

Please stop on by and have a swipe at my 699K IPH, I think you will be unpleasantly suprised!

I'd be happy to stop by. Just post your level :)

Camping is an alternative strategy and an ideal one for free players to compete with gold players up to a certain degree. Nothing wrong with it.

No problem with camping as the game kind of dictates that by default. I've had my LLP since January and I'm only on level 42.

Thanos
09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Most games now give a daily bonus, like the scratch offs in CC....
Hint,hint....

Thief
09-13-2012, 12:27 PM

Level 65 Max Allies. If you can find me i would love to get a tap! Hahaha
I'm a free player...but i have a tendancy to hold my own :P

Thief
09-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Okay i came up with an idea:

Whack the Hacker! (The theme seems appropriate)

What is Whack the Hacker? It's simple you put in 5 Shill accounts at each level that are Considered hacked. How do we know they are hacked? Because they have a special building and/or Loot item in their inventory that we look for. They can then be attacked/Raided. Each successful attack/Raid we then in turn get either a USEFUL LOOT for our level item or a Collectors item. Collect 5 "collectors item" get an indestructible and every 5 increments up to 25 at which point we get a unit similar to that of th 10 Crate event.

The kicker? Each player can only Attack that Hacked account 3x a day.
Also the names of the hacked accounts should change every day.

*Note Players would need to come to max allies in order to find Shil accounts.
Hitting the Player would actually cost Cash (depending on level just as the Crate events)
This would cause players to gain experience and have a reason to start level up again
You could provide an option after the 3 Hits on that particular Shill account for Gold Players to Hit the Player again for 25 gold.

Edit: Obviously it needs tweeking with formulas to generate a strategic event that can be fun and generate some gold spending however i have a feeling most would participate.

Poopenshire
09-13-2012, 01:40 PM

No problem with camping as the game kind of dictates that by default. I've had my LLP since January and I'm only on level 42.

Level 126, 498 allies 14 Mil available for you too!

Dr. Dengus
09-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Level 126, 498 allies 14 Mil available for you too!

Can the max allied people not see you? Or you're just under to avoid being a target for those focusing on PvP goals?

Poopenshire
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Can the max allied people not see you? Or you're just under to avoid being a target for those focusing on PvP goals?

They can see me, I usually have a problem keeping high allies as I lose them almost daily, usually 1 per day. I have alot of non-forum allies. I can see as high as 600 allies and I am sure they can see me.

EatSleepFly
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Do another IPH event with rewards of increased vault sizes. Top 500 get 20 mil. Top 50 get a 30 mil vault.

Hivesy
09-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Anyone know how you can submit multiple ideas to that web address? I've done one for MW but it now wont let me back in to do one for KA

Vballmadam
09-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Do another IPH event with rewards of increased vault sizes. Top 500 get 20 mil. Top 50 get a 30 mil vault.

I like this idea but those with high IPH usually have high stats so they pretty much are safe! They usually are way over vault.

Dr. Dengus
09-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Anyone know how you can submit multiple ideas to that web address? I've done one for MW but it now wont let me back in to do one for KA

I did one for MW and one for KA, but used different computers each time.

CRAWFORD
09-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah let's stop this 35 Boss and 25 Crate Openining Stuff

Ferr
09-14-2012, 06:05 PM
You all have some great opinions on the events we've been running, and we want to reward you for them. Go to greegam.es/Q3wkuQ and send us your ideas for what kind of event you'd like to see. We will randomly select 10 players after 1 week to receive 250 gold/gems, depending on the game.

Discuss, and let me know if you have any questions.

Ccm, let me say something constructive (and pls do not reward me anything). What i think is not just a good idea, it is a necessary idea. Create any new event with nice prizes but let it be a complete non-gold event. This way free players will have the same chance of winning. Statistically the free players will win this event more as gold spender are statistically more lazy. This would balance the game a bit ....

TheSaint
09-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Ok here goes.

Ally raid events. The raid leader spends x amount of money or gold or stamina to start a raid. Once raid is started, message that the raid has begun will be delivered to allies. X amount of slots available for the raid. X amounts of attacks and victories needed to take down a boss. Each person in the raid will have to completely destroy a base like a mission, and each base destroyed earns an overall percentage, for each base destroyed by a single person, the next base becomes progressively harder. The more bases destroyed by each individual players the higher yield reward for that individuals participation. However to get any credit whatsoever x amount of bases must be destroyed by X amount of players in x amount of time. Each base destroyed = x war tokens toward the purchase of special units that can be bought with war tokens only.

Tctiger
09-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Why do we have go to links facebook and twitter we Want our say on forum.Concentrate on making the game better not more expensive , people will buy in to a good game . Stop cheats and bring back old box event the gold player bought the main prizes and free players won maybe one 1 in 10 . make sure prizes work as they should like assault bear!
This is a stratigy game for some and a how much can you spend game for others how about best designed base comp or a different comp every week .

Tctiger
09-15-2012, 03:52 AM
As this is a stratigy game good stratigies should be rewarded .

Thanos
09-15-2012, 06:11 AM
greegam.es/Q3wkuQ

Copy and paste that in web address,not search bar. Should take you directly to survey.

Thief
09-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Ccm, let me say something constructive (and pls do not reward me anything). What i think is not just a good idea, it is a necessary idea. Create any new event with nice prizes but let it be a complete non-gold event. This way free players will have the same chance of winning. Statistically the free players will win this event more as gold spender are statistically more lazy. This would balance the game a bit ....

Thanks Feer. I think that is Constructive. The game needs to stay Semi Balanced to keep the game fun and balanced. By no means to i ever expect to have stats similar to Ferr but for how active i am and for this being a strategy war game it needs to be fun. I will go one step further and tell the players actual information that can be useful to developing a strategy. The boss events have been my favorite as ive figured out what Attack score i need to beat him (no where near that) and how my XP i gain and the increased probability of rares. But with the Crate Events what is the % of opening with Free/Cash. What is the % of getting an item not just a misc loot or cash reward. Those were the pieces of information that make the gamers more informed and happy to play i think.

Alaska Ken
09-15-2012, 07:17 PM
With the acquisition by GREE we've been in a period of transition and development. I'd like to go over what you can expect over the next few weeks.

Forums:

Dedicated Community staff for forums and social media
Forum and social media events
Forum revamp
Greater clarity (Patch Notes, Event threads, etc)

Community:

Dedicated Community staff
Community-specific events and promotions
Greater degree of interaction between Community staff and players on a daily basis
Way more content!

Support:

More support staff
Faster turnarounds
Better standardization of best practices to improve quality
Higher visibility
New support system

How about just take a little time off from events and just work on the things YOU listed above, please.

War Priest
09-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Or run the events at different times. When you run 3 events on 3 games you guys get over loaded with emails and take weeks to reply, long after the event ended. If you do one at a time, you can focus on the emails more easily and in good response time.

JF5522
09-15-2012, 07:47 PM
How about just take a little time off from events and just work on the things YOU listed above, please.110% in support of this. Its time for gree to look more into quality before the company start loosing quantities.

Hondo
09-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Here is my suggestion on a new event.

I would like to see the units (common, uncommon, and rare) scattered throughout the environments like the boxes are. Doing normal PVE will get you the units. Until the event is over, I would also like to be able to steal the units by attacking or raiding other players. I think it would be interesting to see what everyone ends up with at the end of the event. The only problem I see would be (for example) a level 200 being able to attack a level 125.

Let me know what you think.

Dr. Dengus
09-15-2012, 08:32 PM
We will randomly select 10 players after 1 week to receive 250 gold/gems, depending o

RANDOMLY select?!? So I can just type gibberish and hope I win? Can't believe I didn't notice that before lol. Kinda defeats the purpose of the event if winners are just selected at random.

big perm
09-16-2012, 08:28 AM
They should do a boss event with bonus at 15/25/50 bosses killed , kinda like ka did . 35 is too much .

BigDog146400220
09-16-2012, 08:47 AM
They should do a boss event with bonus at 15/25/50 bosses killed , kinda like ka did . 35 is too much .

I don't play KA some I'm confused by this. If I played I would probably understand. But if 35 is too many why would you want it increased to 50? That's 15 more to get top prize.

BigDog146400220
09-16-2012, 08:56 AM
My request beyond bring back collect 10 is very simple. Stop the acquisition of XP during events. That includes boss and and any other events. We all know why you did it ...to make us level faster. Well let us level when we are ready and stop trying to force it. There are many who don't participate in your events simply because they aren't ready to level and and be easy targets for your heavy gold players.

Crime City Mark
09-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Fixes are a major priority for the team right now, and I'm working with the PMs to both fix and refine the current events in MW. Everything from changing the wording on events to make them less ambiguous, to creating in-game events that are more inclusive. That's not to say that everything I'm trying to get done will get done, but I'm doing what I can.

These surveys are your chance to basically talk directly to the PM staff, and tell them what you think of specific topics.

Yes, the winners are random, but if you just typed in gibberish I'd remove you because you didn't participate.

Dr. Dengus
09-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, the winners are random, but if you just typed in gibberish I'd remove you because you didn't participate.

Lol fair enough. I just figured the winners would be the people who had put the most thought into their ideas.

Mad
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
My request beyond bring back collect 10 is very simple. Stop the acquisition of XP during events. That includes boss and and any other events. We all know why you did it ...to make us level faster. Well let us level when we are ready and stop trying to force it. There are many who don't participate in your events simply because they aren't ready to level and and be easy targets for your heavy gold players.

I agree this is probably the single biggest reason people don't play events -- they just gain to much XP. I sit out events for this very reason, particularly the new crate event (it is nothing but a levelling machine). MW wants people to play events, because it is probably one of their biggest sources of gold purchases. And I don't begrudge them that, they need to make a living.

But on one hand they want people to participate but on the other put big hindrances in the way that stop people from participating. If you want a certain outcome to take place then remove all hindrances that will prevent people from participating.

If you don't, it is like stepping on the gas with one foot while having your other foot on the brake. Lots of smoke, lots of noise but you end up going nowhere or not as far as you want.

If you want full participation turn off the XP during events.... or at the very least halve it.

Thief
09-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I agree this is probably the single biggest reason people don't play events -- they just gain to much XP. I sit out events for this very reason, particularly the new crate event (it is nothing but a levelling machine). MW wants people to play events, because it is probably one of their biggest sources of gold purchases. And I don't begrudge them that, they need to make a living.

But on one hand they want people to participate but on the other put big hindrances in the way that stop people from participating. If you want a certain outcome to take place then remove all hindrances that will prevent people from participating.

If you don't, it is like stepping on the gas with one foot while having your other foot on the brake. Lots of smoke, lots of noise but you end up going nowhere or not as far as you want.

If you want full participation turn off the XP during events.... or at the very least halve it.

While i agree with both you and Bigdog (as i would love to not level) however i honestly believe that one of the reasons we have events at all are to get people to level. People need an incentive to go up in the game and getting free indestructibles are such an incentive. You have to remember that Gree wants to give something for the "Whales" to play with. The only way they can really do this short of creating "fake" accounts is to intice players to get closer to their level. If Gree is willing to turn off XP then the game would be stagnant as most would never have a reason to level past level 60 (assuming they want access to all of the money buildings)

LeBarticus
09-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I would also love to see the "auction" events disappear, I don't have enough time in my day to get passed 5-10. If there was an event that didn't put you on the clock, it'd make it fair for the people who work longs hours daily.

Mad
09-17-2012, 03:30 PM
While i agree with both you and Bigdog (as i would love to not level) however i honestly believe that one of the reasons we have events at all are to get people to level. People need an incentive to go up in the game and getting free indestructibles are such an incentive. You have to remember that Gree wants to give something for the "Whales" to play with. The only way they can really do this short of creating "fake" accounts is to intice players to get closer to their level. If Gree is willing to turn off XP then the game would be stagnant as most would never have a reason to level past level 60 (assuming they want access to all of the money buildings)

I agree. But I think this is poor business practice by MW. Simply because you have so many players that are incapable at playing at high levels and they just quit playing. It is simple economics the more people you have going through the door the more people will spend money.

MWs theory is to level them up fast and watch them quit. I would like to know how many dead or inactive bases there are over level 100.

I agree MW should give better incentives for people to level up, new money buildings and particularly units that can help us in the battle ahead.

One idea is to award a unit (maybe even a gold one every now and then say at the 80, 90 and 100 levels) every time you level up. The units would get stronger with every level.

If you want people to spend money on gold, you need to give them some sense they will be able to last when you hit whale territory. I would love to know how many small gold buyers have quit MW once they hit the high levels. You always have attrition, but I suspect MW is higher than the industry average.

Ascent
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/tumblr_m7dvu0cbc71rao9e3o1_500.gif

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/tumblr_m7dvu0cbc71rao9e3o2_500.gif

thesyllable (er)
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
SURVEY PRIZES GOING OUT IN 5-10 MINUTES!!!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to participate!