PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 was just announced!!!!

sexkitteh
09-12-2012, 12:03 PM
and it has terrible stats compared to the new Galaxy S3...

way to drop the ball again...

I think iPhone will always be playing catch-up from here on out...

The only thing I like about it is the camera... which is a big deal... but it doesn't outweigh the rest...

Anyone going to buy the iPhone5?

Paulio
09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Nope, but glad I chose the Galaxy

Thanos
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Not me, I'm going to grab a 4s cheap now. Lol

buddylee
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM
and it has terrible stats compared to the new Galaxy S3...

way to drop the ball again...

I think iPhone will always be playing catch-up from here on out...

The only thing I like about it is the camera... which is a big deal... but it doesn't outweigh the rest...

Anyone going to buy the iPhone5?

Everyone is, cause that's what we do.

Funny video - minus the language, but you get the point.

G Wiz
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM
But you are forgetting...

It's an iphone. I want it just because thats what it is, and so will a lot of other people (sad I know). To make that thing work down here will be hell!

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I probably will. I didn't buy the 4s because I was holding out for the 5. Just annoyed with the new dock connector. Hopefully it'll still work with my clock radio. :)

buddylee
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
I'll take what my company gives me, which is an iphone 4, otherwise it would be tracfone and playing CC on my iPod touch.

cfol44
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Guys, is the Galaxy that good? Havent really kept up to date.....

sexkitteh
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I probably will. I didn't buy the 4s because I was holding out for the 5. Just annoyed with the new dock connector. Hopefully it'll still work with my clock radio. :)

yeah it has an adapter you can get for it...

god knows a usb sucks :rolleyes:

And yes - people will buy it just because it's iphone... I just WISH that iphone would step up and offer more bang for buck... I want to... I REALLY WANT TO... buy a macbook... but a $2000 macbook vs a $500 HP that's BETTER than the macbook... leaves thinking... WTF...

sure.. if it was a couple hundred bucks more... I'd do it... but $1500 more... go to hell!

buddylee
09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Not me, I'm going to grab a 4s cheap now. Lol

Yeah, not a bad idea. Funny thing is a lot of companies are offering trade in programs to get used iphones because they know how popular they are. I saw on Techbargains or Dealnews, was talking about a trade in program through Amazon. Target's doing it; heck, even gamestop is taking used iphones.

Paulio - you happy with the galaxy?

The Billionaire
09-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Apple, iPhones and iPads will rule forever!!!!

BOS
09-12-2012, 12:46 PM
^ I concur :cool:

Olly1
09-12-2012, 12:49 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

Yep, I'll be putting my orders in first thing tomorrow. It's beautiful man! You android losers can suck it!

Ripper
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't swap my Galaxy S2 on dozen iphones.

Carlos,
09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm getting the new iPod for sure. Anyone know if the mini-iPad turned out to be true?

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm getting the new iPod for sure. Anyone know if the mini-iPad turned out to be true?

There's nothing on apple.com about it.

Carlos,
09-12-2012, 01:11 PM
There's nothing on apple.com about it.

Darn, I really wanted one :(

mxz
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
They're supposed to announce the mini later. It wasn't expected to come out today. Keep your breathe held.

joaquim
09-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Apple, iPhones and iPads will rule forever!!!!

+1 extra characters.

Paulio
09-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Paulio - you happy with the galaxy?

Extremely happy. As I once said in another thread, it does just about everything except cook dinner. I was very impressed with the speed of it (I'm with Verizon). Also, the camera is amazing and snaps phones almost as fast as my DSLR. The picture in picture feature is also very cool - I can watch video while I'm texting or browsing. I haven't even used it to it's full potential yet.

Note: I play CC on an iPad2. I've owned Apple products, so I know how lovely they are. But, if I had to make the decision again, knowing that the iPhone 5 is coming soon, I'd still buy the Galaxy SIII

Ramshutu
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
The Iphone 5 is pretty disappointing. I've seen product specs change more to deal with a chip going obsolete.

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
s3 will rule once again

_dan_
09-12-2012, 02:50 PM
iPhone 5 screen resolution is 1136 x 640. There is no guarantee CC will display properly on iPhone 5, Funkio may need to make an update. How ? Don't know yet. Maybe they just need to resize 1 or 2 sprites, or maybe have to resize all sprites...

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 05:00 PM
iPhone 5 screen resolution is 1136 x 640. There is no guarantee CC will display properly on iPhone 5, Funkio may need to make an update. How ? Don't know yet. Maybe they just need to resize 1 or 2 sprites, or maybe have to resize all sprites...

I'm sure iOS will address that - I doubt that they'd force all app authors to re-write for iPhone 5 compatibility.

mnju_03
09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
The Iphone 5 is pretty disappointing. I've seen product specs change more to deal with a chip going obsolete.

Man...where have you been!? :)

xclusiv
09-12-2012, 05:06 PM
i love the new iphone im not a fanboy but i do prefer using ios over any other os, i think the app store is far superior to any other platform

_dan_
09-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm sure iOS will address that - I doubt that they'd force all app authors to re-write for iPhone 5 compatibility.

That what I did talk to others months ago; but it's not really correct. the screen ratio for iphone4 is 0.66, iPhone 5 is 0.56; for iPad is 0.75.

There can be 2 cases Apple could do:
1 - Stretch images/sprites to fix new ratio, that will make the game look weird.
2 - Leave black margins around the game, like what you see when you play iPhone game on iPad. This is most likely will be done in new iPhone.

If Funzio want to make CC look nice in iPhone 5, they need to redesign the screen, layouts and sprites for new screen size.

mnju_03
09-12-2012, 05:53 PM
From what I've heard... this Galaxy 3 kicks ass!

nopenopenope
09-12-2012, 06:18 PM
That what I did talk to others months ago; but it's not really correct. the screen ratio for iphone4 is 0.66, iPhone 5 is 0.56; for iPad is 0.75.

There can be 2 cases Apple could do:
1 - Stretch images/sprites to fix new ratio, that will make the game look weird.
2 - Leave black margins around the game, like what you see when you play iPhone game on iPad. This is most likely will be done in new iPhone.

If Funzio want to make CC look nice in iPhone 5, they need to redesign the screen, layouts and sprites for new screen size.

That's what RetinaPad is for ;)

<3 Hz
09-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Just turn the ipad3 into a phone, that would be a good competitor for the S3.

DenZ1
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Just turn the ipad3 into a phone, that would be a good competitor for the S3.
Nice one :) Stretching phone one way ain't gonna cut it for me. Samsung Galaxy S3 it is then... :)

_dan_
09-12-2012, 07:12 PM
That's what RetinaPad is for ;)

Retina is just double screen resolution, not changing screen ratio. If you stretch an image double width & height, it's still look ok (a little bit blur but still ok, not breaking layout).

KemoKidd
09-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Before buying a new phone I did a LOT of unbiased research on current and upcoming phones. It was funny that computer and cell phone magazines USED to compare the Evo LTE and the iphone. Evo blew it away in EVERY category. They USED to compare the s3 to the iphone. Once again the s3 blew it away in EVERY category. So what did these magazines choose to do? Compare the Evo with the s3. These phones were extremely close in every category with the Evo winning some and s3 winning some. They all agreed that these were THE BEST TWO PHONES AVAILABLE! They did not pick a clear winner and said its all about the consumers preference.

The iphone used to be the best phone available. It was honestly in the top 3 choices of phones for me to buy. I think most people started with an iphone and are comfortable with it. I get that but dont just say, "iphone rules!" How? Why? Oh, you cant explain it because there is no valid reason other than preference. I chose the Evo LTE but Im not going to be ignorant and say EVO RULES! The s3 is also a bad ass phone.

I honestly know quite a few people and have many students that have finally made the jump from ios to android and LOVE it. I have yet to meet someone go from android to ios and say the same. I am not an Apple hater. The iphone is a good phone, however, it is no longer the best and is getting pretty far behind. Facts. Not opinion.

Boom
09-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm getting some Korean phone!! JEALOUS MUCH??

TonySpaghetti
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
This guy's got you all beat. Look how cool he looks:

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj602/TonySpaghetti/09f5d8be.jpg

mxz
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah! The real phone. http://lawrence-haynes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Mobile-Marketing-Zack-Morris.jpg

nopenopenope
09-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Retina is just double screen resolution, not changing screen ratio. If you stretch an image double width & height, it's still look ok (a little bit blur but still ok, not breaking layout).I never said RP changes aspect ratio. It will stretch and enhance CC to any needed resolution no matter how big Apple enlarges the screen.

nopenopenope
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Nice one :) Stretching phone one way ain't gonna cut it for me. Samsung Galaxy S3 it is then... :)I agree, had bigger hopes for the 5. Next one will be Droid-based.

Steve0
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
If you could transfer my CC account I would go droid. Intell then I am sticking with my Iphone.

emcee
09-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Unless Siri for Iphone 5 can collect my money buildings on time am going to wait for Iphone 6 in 8 months time.

NTM
09-13-2012, 08:20 AM
dont buy iphone 5 that the same thing ...

i just change today but i take the same..

sexkitteh
09-13-2012, 09:02 AM
iPhone 5 isn't terrible... it's just not designed to last a full phone contract... it's basically obsolete with every new iphone that comes out...

go to GSM arena and compare iphone 5 stats to the Galaxy S3... the S3 literally has better EVERYTHING... EEEEEVRYTHING....

Not to mention that going thinner on a phone is not my idea of improving a design...

Everything the iphone can do, the android can do better - and for the most part, for free...

I REALLY want to love apple... but they are so out to lunch on their concepts and their products are now just playing catchup...

mxz
09-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Stats don't really mean anything. There are plenty of Androids with better stats that run slower than the iPhone 4s. This isn't necessarily Google's fault, but companies throw some much of the stats away with terribly written code. Apple, on the other hand, forces a good degree of efficient coding.

TonySpaghetti
09-13-2012, 10:21 AM
I finally got around to watching the keynote. I will be replacing my iPhone 4 with the 5. I have an Motorola Atrix (the original one with the fingerprint reader and lapdock) and there are certain things about Android that are awesome (the Widgets are my favourite feature) but iOS has its pros too. I think the app store is MUCH better than the Google Play thing. Plus, all my music & movies are in iTunes so the integration with iTunes, my Apple TV's, and my devices just works well for me.

As for my Blackberry, the only thing I use that for is email & BBM - all work stuff.

Ramshutu
09-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Its a bit of a turnaround from a few years ago. Prior to recently, the iphone has had better specs in every department. Now, its almost the opposite.

TonySpaghetti
09-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Its a bit of a turnaround from a few years ago. Prior to recently, the iphone has had better specs in every department. Now, its almost the opposite.

Phone manufacturers no longer have to develop operating systems for them if they're using Android so they can now focus on better hardware & tech specs. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Ramshutu
09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Phone manufacturers no longer have to develop operating systems for them if they're using Android so they can now focus on better hardware & tech specs. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

The majority of phones include a radio chipset developed by Qualcomm, or equivalent company, a processor made by arm, or equivalent, a screen made by some random company, a battery made by another tested in r&d with a RTS developed by a T&M company.
The phone manufactures just plug stuff together, integrate their software and os, then take a bath in banknotes.

sexkitteh
09-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Stats don't really mean anything. There are plenty of Androids with better stats that run slower than the iPhone 4s. This isn't necessarily Google's fault, but companies throw some much of the stats away with terribly written code. Apple, on the other hand, forces a good degree of efficient coding.

That's the beauty of Android though... there's a team of coders working to better the OS every day and unlock the hardwares true potential... and it's free... they work on donations...