PDA

View Full Version : IPhone 5

CAPT.GIN
09-12-2012, 08:11 AM
I can't wait no more lol!!! Today's is the day apple will reveal the iPhone 5! Yes at 10:00 in California, also it will be called the iPhone 5! I can't wait to get it i'm gonna be waiting in line when it gets released...

mickymacirl
09-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Ah already pre-ordered through work.... why wait in line....

CAPT.GIN
09-12-2012, 08:27 AM
It's like getting on a roller coaster!!! If you per-order it, it takes all the fun out of it!!!

Bronson
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Yo Gin, what's that big L on your forehead?

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii629/Bronson0502/F73B0FAA-80DD-471F-99A2-DC245F36D602-6802-0000039766E045CC.jpg

James_mac
09-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Heres a like to a live stream if anybody wants to watch it! Doesn't start for another 40mins tho
http://maypalo.com/2012/09/12/watch-apples-2012-iphone-5-keynote-live-stream-for-free-video/

mickymacirl
09-12-2012, 10:10 AM
I'll pass Im only getting it so I can crack it

Ryans67
09-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll wait a bit for the hype to die down before I pick one up......And Micky, I will crack mine eventually, although us non-computer guys crack them by dropping them. :D

thesyllable (er)
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I just want it to be my point and shoot camera....lol

Ranger4Life
09-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Ah already pre-ordered through work.... why wait in line....

Same here. Can't wait!

Dr. Dengus
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Well depending how cheap previous models become because of the release of the iPhone 5, I might start an LLP.

Baraka
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Looks good. Same camera though !!!

CAPT.GIN
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Its sooooo badazz!!!! If you guys go to apple.com there's a video of it! I almost jizzed myself!

joaquim
09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Its sooooo badazz!!!! If you guys go to apple.com there's a video of it! I almost jizzed myself!

No masturbating to iphone videos please.

jeffrey
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
I already pre-ordered mine. Just have to wait for it now.:rolleyes:

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-12-2012, 07:43 PM
well if Gin says so it just must be.....

Speed ump
09-13-2012, 04:58 AM
How are you guys preordering it. It say preorders start on Friday.

mickymacirl
09-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Vendor account with Apple.

War Priest
09-13-2012, 07:46 AM

Wow, sad I live in his generation.

Romaro
09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Wow, sad I live in his generation.
Hahaha WP, you make my stomach hurt 😂, Btw it's gorgeous phone

Luke7676
09-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm looking forward to this phone as well. But I will probably wait until my 2 yr upgrade is hear :)

Miner
09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Mine is pre-ordered. Too bad MW will be letterboxed for a decade until they adjust the game to handle the wider screen.

Baraka
09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Mine is pre-ordered. Too bad MW will be letterboxed for a decade until they adjust the game to handle the wider screen.Aaah yes it will lol. And it will probably crash and have loads of glitches. Lol. Best keep old one to transfer back just in case.

War Priest
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
I have never owned an iPhone 1, 2, 3, 4 and won't own the 5th...

Watash
09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I have owned every iPhone and will own the iPhone 5 as well.....

CAPT.GIN
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I have never owned an iPhone 1, 2, 3, 4 and won't own the 5th...

WHAT!!! why not?

Baraka
09-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm with Gin man. Why would you not want this phone.

Dr. Dengus
09-13-2012, 02:53 PM
WHAT!!! why not?

No point in owning both an iPod and iPhone really ... It's like paying an extra $300+ just to make phone calls lol.

War Priest
09-13-2012, 05:13 PM
WHAT!!! why not?

No point in owning both an iPod and iPhone really ... It's like paying an extra $300+ just to make phone calls lol.

Exactly. I pay $200 only once, you pay $200 and then the bill monthly... I get the better deal.

bigflan
09-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Exactly. I pay $200 only once, you pay $200 and then the bill monthly... I get the better deal.

Gonna have to go with the priest iPhone sucks and I prefer galaxy s3 get that instead not everything is about modern war

War Priest
09-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Gonna have to go with the priest iPhone sucks and I prefer galaxy s3 get that instead not everything is about modern war

My phone I have now only cost $0.01 since I was eligible for an upgrade.

I hardly make calls, or text on it. I text on my ipod and used to call on it so I don't need a phone really.

boardgames rule
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Yea WP i agree with you it saves you money just using a Ipod touch then getting a iphone

CAPT.GIN
09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
WP I don't get you... So you would spend thousands of dollars on a game but not buy the iPhone 5 or any iPhone??? Are at least gonna buy the new iPod touchs or iPad mini that's coming out?

Dr. Dengus
09-13-2012, 06:38 PM
It's not like the new models do anything drastically different than their predecessor ...

jeffrey
09-13-2012, 07:06 PM
If you have iPhone 4 or earlier model, it is worth to get the new shinny 5, but if you already ahve 4S, it is probably not.

Buggs1a
09-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Mine is pre-ordered. Too bad MW will be letterboxed for a decade until they adjust the game to handle the wider screen.

I'm sure it won't be that long, I know what you mean though, :)
I'd give it one year or less. Maybe a few months. I hope anyway.
I have the HTC Rezound on a new 2 year a few months ago, April, so I'd have to buy it retail. My parents have upgrades but don't want it. I'll see if I can get them to use their upgrade, but not sure since I already have the Rezound and the iPhone 5 is only 4".

Buggs1a
09-13-2012, 07:18 PM
How do you text on an iPod?

Speed ump
09-13-2012, 08:51 PM
I get every new device when it comes out. Maybe with war priests generation, phones are passé. Younger generations must just text or twitter these days, and always stay inside where there's wifi. I have lte on my iPads even. I must be connected at all times.

whackueddie
09-13-2012, 09:11 PM
whack no use phone...no talk...just whack

Ranger4Life
09-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I get every new device when it comes out. Maybe with war priests generation, phones are passé. Younger generations must just text or twitter these days, and always stay inside where there's wifi. I have lte on my iPads even. I must be connected at all times.

Same here. Have every iPhone and iPad. LOVE LTE!

War Priest
09-14-2012, 08:23 AM
WP I don't get you... So you would spend thousands of dollars on a game but not buy the iPhone 5 or any iPhone??? Are at least gonna buy the new iPod touchs or iPad mini that's coming out?

Why do I need a phone? I'll have a walkie-talkie. :p

Miner
09-14-2012, 08:26 AM
If you have iPhone 4 or earlier model, it is worth to get the new shinny 5, but if you already ahve 4S, it is probably not.

I have a 4S. And my 5 is on pre-order. hahaha.

Why do I need a phone? I'll have a walkie-talkie. :p

A walkie-talkie is WAY better than a phone because you get to use walkie-talkie lingo and spell everything using the NATO phonetic alphabet. "Subject name: Miner. Mike Indigo November Echo Romeo"

War Priest
09-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I can talk to hundreds of people at once, while Gin can talk to 3 max... :)

Agent Orange
09-14-2012, 08:31 AM

A walkie-talkie is WAY better than a phone because you get to use walkie-talkie lingo and spell everything using the NATO phonetic alphabet. "Subject name: Miner. Mike Indigo November Echo Romeo"

Hmm NATO, is a tad differenent then when I wrote my GRO, Mike India November Echo Romeo....

Thing with radio unless it gets wiped out by solar activity at least it will still be there if the cell or internet goes boom. Lot easier for civilians to get their amateur ticket now since morse code isn't a requirement. Over....

Miner
09-14-2012, 08:32 AM

That's making a MAJOR assumption that there are actually 3 people that WANT to talk to Gin... highly unlikely. I'm assuming he hasn't conference called 3 1-900 numbers of course. I hear they're always willing to talk.

War Priest
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Hmm NATO, is a tad differenent then when I wrote my GRO, Mike India November Echo Romeo....

Thing with radio unless it gets wiped out by solar activity at least it will still be there if the cell or internet goes boom. Lot easier for civilians to get their amateur ticket now since morse code isn't a requirement. Over....

Yeah, it's India.

War Priest
09-14-2012, 08:34 AM
That's making a MAJOR assumption that there are actually 3 people that WANT to talk to Gin... highly unlikely. I'm assuming he hasn't conference called 3 1-900 numbers of course. I hear they're always willing to talk.

For the low price of $3.99 a minute.

Agent Orange
09-14-2012, 08:36 AM

That many people haven't blocked him? Oh wait.... Me...... Myself.... and I.....

Miner
09-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Yeah, don't know what I was typing!

Miner
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM

Yeah, it's India.

Yeah, no clue where indigo came from. I've been proof-reading this stupid document for work way too long today!

CAPT.GIN
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM

I'm always talking to people... I only pay 50$ a month for unlimted talk, tex, and data! Can't beat that!!! No contract to!

Vballmadam
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM

What is lte?

ArthurWellsley
09-14-2012, 10:07 AM
What is lte?

LTE is 4g band, as opposed to the present frequencies which are 3g.

I took out a two year contract in September 2011, and was given a free 4S (I am a free player!), and so will wait until September 2013 when my contract is finished and they will bribe me to renew by giving me a free iphone 5S for my signature on another two year contract. I had a free iphone 3S before my 4S.

Vballmadam
09-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you......

Ramshutu
09-14-2012, 10:26 AM
LTE is 4g band, as opposed to the present frequencies which are 3g.

I took out a two year contract in September 2011, and was given a free 4S (I am a free player!), and so will wait until September 2013 when my contract is finished and they will bribe me to renew by giving me a free iphone 5S for my signature on another two year contract. I had a free iphone 3S before my 4S.

NO!

LTE is a new digital radio standard (the way the phone communicates with the base station), it supports massive data rates (100mbps uploads) and is expectionally efficient at dealing with multiple users.

It is actually 3.9G, with the 4G tag reserved for LTE-Advanced. It can be used with most existing network infrastructure, and uses exactly the same frequencies, although it can now make use of the new bands that have been freed up from Analogue TV.

Really, it's quite close to WiMAX and WLAN in terms of how it works, but uses a lot of 3G radio messages to command the phone into doing things. More importantly, as it is not based on CDMA technology it means you can implement The LTE spec without having to sell your kidneys to QualComm.

kudos on the name though....

Vballmadam
09-14-2012, 10:39 AM
So how does one add LTE to their existing appliances?

Miner
09-14-2012, 10:42 AM

A Sharpie brand marker will probably last the longest.

Ramshutu
09-14-2012, 10:43 AM

If you have a laptop, you can buy and LTE USB ****le, but this is expensive.

If you want a phone, you'll need to buy one that supports LTE, as this is built into a chip on the phone. More importantly, LTE is currently being rolled out slowly, you will need to find an LTE capable network.

It's a bit like wireless networks, you have 802.11a/b/g/n/ac. But you cannot use AC in your device unless your router supports it, and your device won't use 802.11AC if the router supports but your device doesn't.

Vballmadam
09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
If you have a laptop, you can buy and LTE USB ****le, but this is expensive.

If you want a phone, you'll need to buy one that supports LTE, as this is built into a chip on the phone. More importantly, LTE is currently being rolled out slowly, you will need to find an LTE capable network.

It's a bit like wireless networks, you have 802.11a/b/g/n/ac. But you cannot use AC in your device unless your router supports it, and your device won't use 802.11AC if the router supports but your device doesn't.

I have an ipad

Miner
09-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I have an ipad

Use the Sharpie!!!

Vballmadam
09-14-2012, 11:27 AM
A Sharpie brand marker will probably last the longest.

Hahaha! Love it!

Corsair
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4
I think Gin is that guy at the end. :rolleyes:

I may actually get one, but I will test drive my wife's first. I will likely wait to see what Blackberry 10 is like. I prefer to have a phone/PIM that actually works and isn't just a toy/music player/camera with a phone app.

Thing with radio unless it gets wiped out by solar activity at least it will still be there if the cell or internet goes boom. Lot easier for civilians to get their amateur ticket now since morse code isn't a requirement. Over....I still charge up my Yaesu 2m handheld when a hurricane is approaching. Always there, just in case.

Speed ump
09-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Vball, unless you have the iPad three with lte, which seems doubtful from your questions, then you will need to buy one to have lte. There is not a way to use lte with an older iPad, unless maybe you're a mad scientist and willing to break into your iPad and perform many questionable mutilations, and possible loss of life( the iPads life, unless you are a really demented mad scientist) of course the cost and effort to do all that, just go buy the new iPad. Treat yourself. I assume you're worth it.

Warfiend
09-15-2012, 12:59 PM
The 5 looks great, but the 4s(my 1st iphone) has been so good and reliable that I can't justify upgrading it at this point.

The next iPad will be my next major personal tech purchase.

How do you text on an iPod?

iMessage will let you text to others who have iMessage, and there's apps that let you text to phone numbers. It's good if you spend most of the time you need to text near a wireless router. Otherwise, not so good.

@Speed ump - That's true as far as fully self contained within the iPad, but you can also get a dedicated LTE router or use it with an lte phone that has router functionality built in. Of course, then you're walking around with chunky pockets. :D

Vballmadam
09-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Vball, unless you have the iPad three with lte, which seems doubtful from your questions, then you will need to buy one to have lte. There is not a way to use lte with an older iPad, unless maybe you're a mad scientist and willing to break into your iPad and perform many questionable mutilations, and possible loss of life( the iPads life, unless you are a really demented mad scientist) of course the cost and effort to do all that, just go buy the new iPad. Treat yourself. I assume you're worth it.

Thank you so very much for answering my question. I am technically challenged but love that people are hear to help educate me!
Spent too much (not in my eyes) on vacation. I just might have to buy a new one. My 2 year old grandbaby can have this one. I may wait for the ipad 4 to come out. If I buy now it will be obsolete in 3 months!

Baraka
09-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Just preordered can't wait.

Dr. Dengus
09-15-2012, 01:37 PM

Lol, idk my guess is the guy at 0:56

James_mac
09-15-2012, 02:13 PM
im picking mine up on friday, i hope they update MW asap so its fits the new screen size.

Baraka
09-15-2012, 02:17 PM
im picking mine up on friday, i hope they update MW asap so its fits the new screen size.Don't hold your breath.

Agent Orange
09-16-2012, 05:57 AM
im picking mine up on friday, i hope they update MW asap so its fits the new screen size.

We got our media sample, installed MW on it and it froze. Uninstalled it and gave it back to the reporter doing our review before he completely freaked out. It feels faster, cost isn't bad up here. Wonder if the iPad bug is what crapped the 5.

Agent Orange
09-16-2012, 06:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4

I may actually get one, but I will test drive my wife's first. I will likely wait to see what Blackberry 10 is like. I prefer to have a phone/PIM that actually works and isn't just a toy/music player/camera with a phone app.
I still charge up my Yaesu 2m handheld when a hurricane is approaching. Always there, just in case.

Rim is now blowing out Playbooks for $99 cdn, they are trying to sell the company from what I'm hearing so not sure how much longer they have..... Too bad the Playbook won't load MW Android at least not on my unjailbroken Playbook.

Been thinking about upgrading my radio gear. Granted we don't really get much bad weathercup here so far.

jeffrey
09-16-2012, 07:15 PM

Haha, actually there are some apps out there function like walkie talkie. Me too, I have the 4S, but I will get the 5 anyway.

jeffrey
09-16-2012, 07:17 PM
I read someone mentioned the iPod, how is your experience playing MW and KA on the iPod touch?

Buggs1a
09-16-2012, 11:28 PM
iPod smallllllll. iPad biiiiig. iPod 4gen is nice, but too dang small. Don't crash for me anymore. Could use a bit of a performance boost with lots of buildings and zoomed out to see better.

What apps do text to phone numbers on iPad

I have an HTC Rezound and want to get a stock ICS like nexus, but nexus chips sucks. Screen isn't a true white either. Want to get iPhone 5, but not big deal. I'd like both android and iOS.

I like the b,ackberry playbook, but it's slow as hell. Takes a few minutes to turn on!!!! A FEW MINUTES?????? Them bozos!!!! I don't use it much so I don't sleep it when I'm done. I barely use it. I'm waiting for new OS upgrades pretty much. Is my fav mobile OS in some ways, GUI. Wish it had Regina screen soooo much. It'd rock?

jeffrey
09-16-2012, 11:44 PM
@Buggs1a, so iPod touch is pretty stable for you? I play my LLP account on the iPhone 3, 16Gb, it shutdowns every time I try to buy unit after a fight.

Buggs1a
09-17-2012, 12:08 AM
@Buggs1a, so iPod touch is pretty stable for you? I play my LLP account on the iPhone 3, 16Gb, it shutdowns every time I try to buy unit after a fight.

Hi.
Ya, I have iPod touch 32gb retina screen. 2 of them. Bought one long ago. Then bought the other a couple months ago just for modern war lol. But ya I don't have crashes anymore. I can't remember the last time I had a crash. The betas are stable too. I've not had a beta version crash on me once. Never. Not on either my iPods or iPad 3.