PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Tribute - The least we can do

Dreno33
09-11-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oOW-1OwtCA

I know many of you are from all parts of the world here, but I was wondering if you could takes 4 minutes out of your day to watch a sweet tribute to those who were affected by that day 11 years ago.

To those who died without saying goodbye to their loved ones, to their own family...
To those who died fighting for the lives of helpless and trapped citizens...
To those who never go to say goodbye to their mom or dad, brother or sister, daughter or son, husband or wife...

These next two videos are long, but for those who have never heard, this will touch your heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se38cIQSoIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1zsjDtbMQ&feature=relmfu
To those still wishing they had just picked up their phone earlier that day, and never knew until it was too late...

Mcdoc
09-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I was there . . . . On my couch . . . watching the events unfold that Day and I felt like it was happending 10 miles away.

For sure the most devastating event to ever be broadcast live to the World.

Baraka
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Even from the otherside of the pond this was the worst thing I've ever seen.heart goes out to all people who died and all there loved ones left behind and the whole city of New York for battling back and beating the scum that caused all this Excellent idea for a thread dreno.

Gambit12
09-11-2012, 05:00 PM
We were in Manta, Equador when 9/11 happened & can't go back to US right away when everything there is on alert...

Ferr
09-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Good post Dreno.......

spectra
09-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I remember I was in Nicaragua at that time
when I was told about it, thought it was a joke
then I saw the twin towers get hit on the news

that was just to horrible

Ryan5100
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Don't really remember it because I would have been 5. But do feel sorry for everyone who lost family members.

Selfproclaimed
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I was sitting in history class watching it on t.v. At first no one knew if it was an accident or what was going on until we seen the second plane crash. Heart goes out to all affected

SeqWins
09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
I was in College when this happened, a couple of weeks later I shipped off to Paris Island. This is how I pay my tribute!

2 years after in 03 I was in the initial breach of Fallujah, Iraq and the payback started..MERICA! Justice is still being served.....

bushobama
09-11-2012, 08:21 PM
America, F yeah. And to those who think our government had a hand in the attacks of 9/11 because you got stoned and watched a documentary on netflix, al queda wouldn't be happy with you.

Crime City Mark
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Let's keep this thread civil and on-topic please.

mickymacirl
09-12-2012, 10:07 AM
America, F yeah. And to those who think our government had a hand in the attacks of 9/11 because you got stoned and watched a documentary on netflix, al queda wouldn't be happy with you.

Don't get me started.

Maverick50727
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Good thought Dreno. I don't think anyone affected will ever forget. As with any great tragedy you remember exactly where you were at that point in time.

I would have been on Pennsylvania Ave downtown Washington, DC right between the Capital and White House. But I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC at the time but knew many who were there and saw events unfold in DC. I was literally on the beach when things went down and watched the 2nd plane hit once I had gone back to my hotel room after the news. It was upsetting and I couldn't sit there like others watching. I decided to take another walk back out on the beach when a total stranger walked up to me and asked. "Did you hear? Another plane just hit the Pentagon!!!" Closer to home for me then, I had friends and family who live and work in DC, let alone I would have been in a potential target zone if had not been on vacation. Luckily no one I directly knew was killed or injured , just massive problems of trying to get out of the city when things closed.

My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones.

Rossco
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
If I had a dollar for every time I saw a post like this I'd be rich. But I've yet to see a US citizen pay rememberance to the hundreds of thousands of people that died in the Indonesian/Japanese Tsunami or the Haitiain earthquake.... propaganda at its finest.

With the upmost respect and I mean no malice to the citizens of the US but YOUR governments foreign policies are to blame for 911.

Crime City Mark
09-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Aaaand, locked.