PDA

View Full Version : Mickymacirl your box is full

Hivesy
09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Just trying to say thanks

Out of interest does a 0.27 death rate mean you lose one every 4th attack?

mickymacirl
09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
its unfull and send me a msg

Thief
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Just trying to say thanks

Out of interest does a 0.27 death rate mean you lose one every 4th attack?

Wait i'm interested to know how you Calculate this as well. I mean i think i have a decent understanding but it's a good topic.

Fl@sh
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
It is a number assigned to mean you have a .27% chance to loose one. That is less than one percent. A commando has a 2.53% chance.

Hivesy
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks Flash, like the sound of that much better than a 25% chance it dies!

Dr. Dengus
09-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Think of casualties as individual dice rolls, at least that's how I've come to interpret them.

If you bring 2,000 units to battle, then there are theoretically 2,000 success/fail "dice rolls" going on. With the "consume percentage" being a fail. And (1 - (consume percentage)) being a success. There's probably more to the algorithm than that, but I feel it's at least a basic understanding of how casualties work. My bad if this is redundant lol.

Hassleham
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Think of casualties as individual dice rolls, at least that's how I've come to interpret them.

If you bring 2,000 units to battle, then there are theoretically 2,000 success/fail "dice rolls" going on. With the "consume percentage" being a fail. And (1 - (consume percentage)) being a success. There's probably more to the algorithm than that, but I feel it's at least a basic understanding of how casualties work. My bad if this is redundant lol.
That's what i thought. Each unit has a 0.0025 (vague number for example) chance of dying so this chance is for each individual unit, calculated for every attack. E.g if you had 400 commandos and attacked someone the total chance of losing one commando would be 0.0025 x 400 = 1. So that means theres pretty much a %100 percent chance of losing a commando.

I hope this is right as this is the reason i have always said that people should spread valor purchases across multiple units..

Dr. Dengus
09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah that sounds right Hass. I've also heard that if a certain type of unit dies during an attack, then this unit type will have a decreased chance of dying. Ie: You have 400 Commandos, and say the 50th one fails it's casualty check. The remaining 350 being checked will have a slightly lower consume percentage. But it can't be by a whole lot. Since I lose multiple Commandos and Biowarfare troops fairly often lol.

War Priest
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
A thread for this..? :eek:

Dreno33
09-11-2012, 01:12 PM
statistically, yes. but in reality. you could still lose one every attack or end up never losing one. the probability resets every attack/raid. it doesnt keep track of itself. get it?

cheiz
09-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Bump... you're a busy man!

Buggs1a
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I've sent Micky messages and haven't gotten anything back. Did couple days ago in email but not since and this bums me out. He's cool and I'd love for us to be friends.

Mcdoc
09-13-2012, 01:23 AM
A thread for this..? :eek:

This is actually ONE thread that got hijacked into a real nice discussion :)

I'm sure the gap between your Attack and your Rival 's defense has a Major role since I can focus on only attacking LT's rank and below - Sgt, PFC, etc - and literally avoid ANY losses - but when I attack someone near my Level who is a rank of Major or above - then I get more BP but I also get a guaranteed 1 to 3 unit lost.

So I choose lower BP and lower casualties :)