PDA

View Full Version : 1 day 9/11 Amnesty messages. Really?

Burn
09-10-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm seeing Wall messages talking about a one-day 'no attacks, no robs' CC amnesty in remembrance of 9/11.

I don't wish to belittle that sentiment, but we didn't have any kind of one-day amnesty for Armistice Day.

For the record, Armistice Day commemorates the 37 million soldiers and civilians injured or killed during World War 1, and the 60 million that were killed (2.5% of the world population at the time) during World War 2.

Whilst we should all of course be humbled by the events of 9/11, and naturally spare a thought and a prayer for those that lost their lives - bringing it here to the game seems a little tacky in my opinion.

I'll be remembering 9/11 in my own way, with a silent prayer and a raised glass, no fanfare or fuss, and will continue playing the game as normal.

If you do want to honor people in the game, then perhaps extend your gratitude to active CC players like Jake, who are serving in Afghanistan currently.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/lest-we-forget.jpg

(CCC)Dipstik
09-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Yes, this is really silly.

TruthHurts
09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Good post Burn.

Thank you Jake!

mnju_03
09-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Burn this just goes to show how completely nuts most people are.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Burn this just goes to show how completely nuts most people are.

I agree. I get annoyed every year around this time with the non-stop 9/11 stuff on tv.

Jtstar7439
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I agree. I get annoyed every year around this time with the non-stop 9/11 stuff on tv.

Must be nice to be able to get annoyed about it, every time I see it all I get is flashbacks of running away from a falling building, knowing 8 cops and 4 Firemen who didn't make it out, and then inhaling toxic dust for 6 months at the world trade center site and the staten island landfill.... So yeah, definitely just wish I could be annoyed about it.

Olly1
09-10-2012, 09:10 AM
I noticed a lot of the CCB mafia and CN mafia (initials may actually be wrong) sending messages to CK guys suggesting this 'day of peace' which seems like them just looking for a way to not get mullered all day

It's obviously not a laughing matter but there are real ways of paying respects that will actually mean something in the real world

Burn
09-10-2012, 09:14 AM
@Jtstar7539.

I think Spaghetti is demeaning the media for wringing it dry for the sake of TV ratings - he isn't demeaning the tragedy itself, and I'm certain he means no disrespect to those directly affected.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 09:16 AM
@Jtstar7539.

I think Spaghetti is demeaning the media for wringing it dry for the sake of TV ratings - he isn't demeaning the tragedy itself, and I'm certain he means no disrespect to those directly affected.

Thanks for clarifying that, Burn. You're exactly right.

sexkitteh
09-10-2012, 09:20 AM
9/11 is the anniversary of my divorce...

I'm probably the only happy person partying on that day... ( ._.)

GONNA GET MUH DRUNK ON!!!!! \(*0*)/

Jtstar7439
09-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Sorry about going off before, obviously a sore subject for me.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Sorry about going off before, obviously a sore subject for me.

No worries.

sister morphine
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I noticed a lot of the CCB mafia and CN mafia (initials may actually be wrong) sending messages to CK guys suggesting this 'day of peace' which seems like them just looking for a way to not get mullered all day
The day of peace was the idea of CN's leader and CK's leadership have decided to adopt it. Both mafias were spanking CCB last few days 😜

Canoehead
09-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Burn, I had the pleasure of being in London on Armistice Day a few years ago, and got to see first hand how seriously and reverently the British people take it. It was a very good perspective for an American. If people want to do something to remember a tragedy of any kind, perhaps they might think about donating the price of a vault of gold to their favorite relief organization or other charity

Astroboy
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
While remembering 9/11 or indeed any atrocity or disaster is commendable, the idea of doing it in a game like this is just pointless.

The whole point of a game like this is escapism, a little light relief from the drudgery of everyday life, work, kids etc, why bring the tragedy of 9/11 into the game world?

There are far better ways of paying your respects.

Olly1
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
While remembering 9/11 or indeed any atrocity or disaster is commendable, the idea of doing it in a game like this is just pointless.

Correct, for example instead of buying that vault of gold on 9/11 give that money to charities supporting the losses around it. Better idea no?

Tragik
09-10-2012, 11:44 AM
98% of Crime City players are morons.

GodHatesBurn.com
09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
This is true

Especially the OP

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
98% of Crime City players can shut up!

What's your problem? Telling everyone to shut up. Chill man.

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I think you need to shut up. So shut up!

Roach2010
09-10-2012, 02:10 PM
My problem is no one will shut up! So just shut up!!

Lol @ the idea of a forum where everyone just shuts up?

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:11 PM
No you shut up! lol

nopenopenope
09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
9/11 is the anniversary of my divorce...

I'm probably the only happy person partying on that day... ( ._.)

Did you troll them too up until the point of divorce? No surprise here, move along folks...

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:14 PM
No you STFU and die!

For some stupid reason I'm finding some sort of entertinment in telling this guy to shut up.

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:17 PM
I ain't gonna shut up! You shut up!

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Ok this going absoultely nowhere. Let's just stop with the shut ups. I'm done with you.

SiennaSharpe
09-10-2012, 02:18 PM

The whole point of a game like this is escapism, a little light relief from the drudgery of everyday life, work, kids etc, why bring the tragedy of 9/11 into the game world?

There are far better ways of paying your respects.

Amen! I'm sure this is well intentioned, but it's really rather silly.

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I dare you to start a thread just telling everyone to shut up.
I also dare you to post shut up in this thread.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?7220-My-Mafia-Numbers

dthfrmabv
09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm seeing Wall messages talking about a one-day 'no attacks, no robs' CC amnesty in remembrance of 9/11.

I remember a week after 9/11 many scams flooded the internet and slow mails fakely passing as charity and foundations for 9/11 victims.

This sounds like one - "Yes yes lets commemorate 9/11 every one don't attack (and don't collect) for one day... let me gather my strength and I will collect from you"...

Right on the spot Burn when you said "''ll be remembering 9/11 in my own way..."

joaquim
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Well if you can't make one sentence without the words shut up in it then yes I think you're stupid.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Well if you can't make one sentence without the words shut up in it then yes I think you're stupid.

Who the hell are you talking to?

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM
The guy who's telling everyone to shut up.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
The guy who's telling everyone to shut up.

I'm afraid you may have lost your mind.

jobadass
09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I will never forget the horrible feeling when, for the only time in my lifetime, this great country fell under attack.

It was a horrible day, but the days, weeks, months that followed were incredible. We, as Americans bonded. It no longer mattered if you were, white, brown, black, or yellow, rich or poor. Everyone looked at each other as brothers and sisters. The aftermath was truly amazing, and you never saw so many american flags on homes and vehicles before...or since.

If on 9/12/2001, someone would have told me the next leader of the USA would be named Barrack Hussein Obama...I would have shot them.

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm afraid you may have lost your mind.

Nah. Either the guy removed his posts or he got banned and all of his posts were removed. Other people replied to him with quote. Look for someone named Da Man.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Nah. Either the guy removed his posts or he got banned and all of his posts were removed. Other people replied to him with quote. Look for someone named Da Man.

You da man.

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
No you da man. ;)

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Shut up!!!!

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:44 PM
When I'm right, I'm right. lol

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
When I'm santa, I'm santa. lol

You said it, Joaco!

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Seriously?

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Couldn't resist. :)

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Can you just do me the favor of not doing that. At first I just said it wasn't true but now it's really getting annoying.

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Can you just do me the favor of not doing that. At first I just said it wasn't true but now it's really getting annoying.

Only if you agree to spell favour properly: the Canadian way. :)

joaquim
09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Favour....

TonySpaghetti
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Deal. :)

fuzzy
09-11-2012, 04:55 AM
Do our soldiers get to day off? NO

They are fighting for our freedom so we can play silly games like this. Would they want us to sit around and do nothing or do something that we enjoy that they are fighting for?

Stop whining on my wall that I’m robbing you and attacking you today.

Have I been hit today? Yes

Will I hit back? Yes

Why? All ready stated above…

Thank you to all that have served and are currently server your country in arms so we can enjoy a game like this.

Dr BoneCrusher
09-11-2012, 05:32 AM
@Fuzzy

If you want to exercise your freedoms, Great.

If other Players want to observe the 1 day cease fire, that's Great also.

I think this gesture was done with the Purest intentions, and was ment to Honor the Families who lost Loved ones. As we have seen on this Forum, real life creeps in sometimes. For me this is too personal to discuss on a game forum, but just wanted say THANKS to our Sons and Daughters who server our Great Nation.

Ragmondino
09-11-2012, 05:49 AM
I understand this may be done by people with good intentions. But there's no need to leave abusive posts on my wall if I don't believe it's something to take part in. I'll do my own thing for it, how does it show the people affected any respect by leaving abusive and threatening messages on my wall? What's worse, robbing someone ingame, or being threatening and abusive to people who don't share your beliefs? Which is what the ck member has done to me for not abiding by something they decided to do.

(CCC)Dipstik
09-11-2012, 06:28 AM

Quit acting like a ho... ho ho.

BOS
09-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Quit acting like a ho... ho ho.

Nice one

extra characters

<3 Hz
09-11-2012, 06:40 AM
I wonder if Swifty will get a reprieve from getting beatings from Big Papi Chulo today? Probably not.

Swearengen
09-11-2012, 06:47 AM

I don't wish to belittle that sentiment, but we didn't have any kind of one-day amnesty for Armistice Day.

For the record, Armistice Day commemorates the 37 million soldiers and civilians injured or killed during World War 1, and the 60 million that were killed (2.5% of the world population at the time) during World War 2.

Whilst we should all of course be humbled by the events of 9/11, and naturally spare a thought and a prayer for those that lost their lives - bringing it here to the game seems a little tacky in my opinion.

I'll be remembering 9/11 in my own way, with a silent prayer and a raised glass, no fanfare or fuss, and will continue playing the game as normal.

If you do want to honor people in the game, then perhaps extend your gratitude to active CC players like Jake, who are serving in Afghanistan currently.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/lest-we-forget.jpg

+1 Burn. Raise your glass today for all those who have fallen and never forget!

<3 Hz
09-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Im your papi chulo

¿Tiene una bandera mexicana en su barrio?

If yes then you are!

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 06:54 AM
I don't see why the hating if someone observes an amnesty then it's fine.
I myself am not.

If other don't follow your amnesty and do attack you, it's just a part of the game and no need to post horrible messages to them.

To make a thread to ridicule someones choice is very wrong.

Burn I would like your take on why you made this thread to me its a bit insulting, maybe the person whose idea it was had a personal reason(maybe lost a family or friend on that day).

I don't think it was a publicity stunt either but OP if your not happy with the actions just chill.

Burn
09-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Fig Oni - just perspective really, plus, because a subject is sensitive shouldn't mean that people can't discuss or tackle it.

Example... About 29,000 children under the age of five die every day (over 10 million every year), mainly from preventable causes. Meantime, Western pharmaceutical companies are currently suing Asian pharmaceutical companies that are producing life-saving meds for a fraction of the cost of the Western pharmaceutical companies - nominally suing for patent infringement, what they are actually suing for is profit infringement - quite literally, making money for their shareholders is more important than tackling these millions of preventable deaths.

You won't read about that on the News today, it won't be on a TV screen near you today. And no-one will be talking about a CC amnesty in remembrance.

In the time it has taken you to read this, 20 children have died. That can be stopped, or at least reduced significantly.

Sorry for politicising this thread, but you asked, so I'm answering.

This is not meant to demean 9/11, or the devastating effect it had on those closest to it.

But there are other things every bit as important, happening all over the world, every single day.

PawnXIIX
09-11-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm still attacking people...this is the equivalent of not putting milk in your cereal because it's national dress like a pirate day - dumb, pointless, and should never be mixed.

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Got your attention Burn, I assumed you forgot me.

I bloody missed you then I came online and noticed you disbanded the ratcatching.
That was the only true substance in the whole game.

So Burn how life been keeping you, I know you do care for the victims in the sorry saga.
Just let the gang be, as 1 day in 365 I think we can bare.

I agree everyday in 365 days would be an amnesty as something terrible has happened on every day even an devastating earthquake, murder, eta eta.

To be honest I am also sick and tired of the yearly hillsbourgh disaster but these scousers never let it go.
So having a private remembrance is fine but let them have just this once have an amnesty that all I'm saying.

Now any chance of the reintroduction of the rat catchers or are you just a chilling.

May all victims directly or indirectly who suffered unjustifiably because of 911 may they all rest in peace.

Burn
09-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Forgot you, no way, I wrote on your wall just recently, you not get it?

Rat Catching is always there for anyone interested bro ;)

I just lost interest in making a fuss about it because it wasn't really having an impact, Gree clearly don't care about the issue, and gang rivalry is the new game-within-the-game that has captured my attention.

But any bullets I have left over when I'm done with CK, still get spent on 499 rats (ask Dipstik), and of course anyone called Alex ;)

Burn
09-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Burn blah blah blah, obsess obsess obsess, he is in my head and haunts my dreams, he owned me and still owns me

I should maybe be flattered RobberBarron, but u mostly have my sympathy.

Might I suggest some cognitive therapy?

CCM, for the sake of others here on the forum, might I suggest you look into who this dumbo is, and nuke their game account, or at least threaten to do so if they don't quit their witless and globally offensive yammering.

TruthHurts
09-11-2012, 07:52 AM
No chance of rat catching coming back

Burn traded his pimp hat for some hooker boots and now gives a mean

Indian BJ

Baroness... You have completely lost it!

DoubleBarrelMob
09-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Try the Great White Knight of CC

This makes me laugh!😄

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Are Indians still waring with CK, they have quite a few cool guys/gals in CK & Indians I have friends in that group too.

I just have my rule not to hit my forum friend regardless if they earn big incomes.

But there are forum people who hit you because you're a forum regular, once you question there action they turn around and state they didn't recognise the name lol.

These are they people I enjoy attacking.

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 08:23 AM
I was hoping not to, cross my heart.

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Burn a gift for you.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4364/img0118ys.jpg

Hope you like it.

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 08:39 AM
That is rat perfume, it's a legit product you can buy.

Burn
09-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Much as I think ur a c**t, that actually made me laugh ;)

+1 for the obsessed loon