PDA

View Full Version : You tricky Americans!

SukhKnight
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Always attacking me in my sleep..

I'm only joking of course.. I've been away for a while bulking attk/def because recently I have been waking up to some grand robberies, and I've decided it's better to blame it on time-zones.

The point of this thread is, while I am still pouring $ into weapons & armor, I am wondering if its worth upgrading muay thai centers as well to build defence, and if so, how effective are defence buildings in relation to robberies and fights?

Thanks, and once again, damn Americans *shakes fist*

SukhKnight

Nudie
09-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Don't forget the even trickier Asians. :p

emcee
09-10-2012, 02:05 AM
And the Canadians, eh :)

SukhKnight
09-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Lets not let this digress into xenophobia, as a Brit I'm sure I'd be here all day..

It's your fault Americans, don't try and shift the blame!

Ripper
09-10-2012, 02:18 AM
I bet that is aussies. Getting little revenge for Paralimpics.

PawnXIIX
09-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Thanks, and once again, damn Americans *shakes fist*

I feel like I missed out on the festivities D:

Auxilium
09-10-2012, 02:43 AM
To answer your question ;)

The buildings at your level aren't worth building and upgrading (until lvl 47 gatling turrets). The true defense of these buildings is allot lower then stated. Just focus on your economy. If you want to improve your stats you have to focus on respect items if your not into buying more gold.

You could: Stop doing anything and only collect money and upgrade buildings. Scratchers will increase your stats each day bit by bit and with the increase of cash flow you can think about buying some better items. Remember, 1x 20 defense item worth 50k is not as good as 2x 12 defense items worth 50k.

Or: Stop doing anything and only collect money and upgrade buildings. Scratchers will increase your stats each day bit by bit and only play the events.

Or: The two above and level for a small bit by robbing lofts (and lofts only) to gain low xp and high rp and buy rp items.

SukhKnight
09-10-2012, 02:55 AM
To answer your question ;)

Firstly, congratulations for being the first on-topic post :D (thanks)

At the moment my economy is going well, at roughly 60k/h I'm willing to sit and pour resources into stats, plus I'm on a roll with scratches at the moment: got 5k RP this morning and 10M a couple of days ago :cool:

I dont want to level until I get either attk or def to 10k, am currently saving about 300k per collect for next expansion (am at $1.7M/$2.4M). But I'm a camper by nature and slow progress doesn't really bother me ;).

I am currently in the process of replacing safehouses with muay thai centres, but I may halt this if I can level def quickly enough

Thanks again.

SukhKnight

_dan_
09-10-2012, 02:55 AM
If someone rob you at your midnight, you could do the same to them.

_dan_
09-10-2012, 02:57 AM
60k/hour, it's a lot isn't it ?

SukhKnight
09-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Personally, think 60k is fine. I have everything up to lofts, all leveled buildings at level 5+ excluding a few low-level junk properties, overall 60k is working for me lol :D

Auxilium
09-10-2012, 03:53 AM

I am currently in the process of replacing safehouses with muay thai centres, but I may halt this if I can level def quickly enough

Thanks again.

SukhKnight
Thanks mate! What did i win? :cool:

Anyway, 60k is enough indeed for your level. More then enough but the more the better. Then if you like camping and going slow you can pick the camp and scratch option :) Good luck!

SukhKnight
09-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Your mystery prize has been sent to a mystery address..

Yeah I'm looking to upgrade lofts to level 4, but have had to delay due to the recent string of robberies lol, am currently pushing 7k defence, but some ragamuffins are still getting through to my hard earned monies lol..

Thanks for the well wishes, and the concise answers :)

Max Power
09-10-2012, 04:37 AM

If your first concern was to keep people on point, you have to admit that your execution is lacking. Just look at your headline. We know you are joking, but c'mon.

My contribution? Any defense building with a footprint larger that 2x2 is a waste of space. Funzio really conned us on that one.

Back on topic, us yanks invented this game and it is based here, so congrats on the Olympics and all, but you are the tricky one.

SukhKnight
09-10-2012, 04:51 AM
If your first concern was to keep people on point, you have to admit that your execution is lacking. Just look at your headline. We know you are joking, but c'mon.

My fear was not so much keeping on-topic, but as stated, digressing into who to blame for these terrible crimes. Please, don't take offense, I actually quite like America, and don't much care for the Olympics. As for the headline, consider it a way to attract interest into an otherwise boring and (I assume) repetitive query that this forum has no doubt seen a thousand times before.

Thanks for the input and interpretation, I will look into selling off defense buildings as this seems to be the general consensus, but at the moment my hood is not exactly cramped, so there's no great hurry I suppose :)

Thanks again, SukhKnight

Ohaithere
09-10-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm forever getting robbed in my sleep :(

Max Power
09-10-2012, 07:00 AM
My fear was not so much keeping on-topic, but as stated, digressing into who to blame for these terrible crimes. Please, don't take offense, I actually quite like America, and don't much care for the Olympics. As for the headline, consider it a way to attract interest into an otherwise boring and (I assume) repetitive query that this forum has no doubt seen a thousand times before.

Thanks for the input and interpretation, I will look into selling off defense buildings as this seems to be the general consensus, but at the moment my hood is not exactly cramped, so there's no great hurry I suppose :)

Thanks again, SukhKnight

If you don't need the space, dont sell em. Better than open gray area.

I love London. Was over there for the first time in April. I could live there in a minute if I could afford it.

Chairman Maw
09-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I'm forever getting robbed in my sleep :(

That's your first mistake.... going to bed.

Thoroughly enjoyable thread this. Good work on the headline!

TRAZ
09-10-2012, 07:09 AM
sabre-rattling from across the pond....hurry up and level up so I can rob you! :)

I have a lot of d buildings and still get robbed. I build them anyways as it's what I like to do. There's always going to be someone with more attack than your d and will rob you blind, American or no....LOL.

Johnny70
09-10-2012, 07:13 AM
some of the info you got is good some not so good imo, first dont upgrade any defensive building more than level 3 - 4 it isnt cost effective due to percentage of advertised stats that are actual. that said the smallest foot print is the way to go and due to the fact that you only get 50 of each it would be kind of brain dead not to build the gun turrets that most people seem to pass on. as far as money buildings... this is just my opinion but if I could go back... if you only build 24 and 48 hour buildings and concentrate on getting them to level 10 you would never get robbed and lets face it unless you plan on setting alarms and collecting everything promptly you will continually be robbed, and if you get involved in the higher level gang wars you will end up selling everything but 24's and 48's anyway

Babytway
09-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Don't forget the even trickier Asians. :p
hey watch it

[QUOTE=And the Canadians, eh [/QUOTE]

watch it eh, lololol

Auxilium
09-10-2012, 08:06 AM
some of the info you got is good some not so good imo, first dont upgrade any defensive building more than level 3 - 4 it isnt cost effective due to percentage of advertised stats that are actual. that said the smallest foot print is the way to go and due to the fact that you only get 50 of each it would be kind of brain dead not to build the gun turrets that most people seem to pass on. as far as money buildings... this is just my opinion but if I could go back... if you only build 24 and 48 hour buildings and concentrate on getting them to level 10 you would never get robbed and lets face it unless you plan on setting alarms and collecting everything promptly you will continually be robbed, and if you get involved in the higher level gang wars you will end up selling everything but 24's and 48's anyway

Also build the 12's. That's my focus now to, getting everything that has a good payout and in the end keep everything that's 12, 24 or 48. Offcourse the nightclub will be build until i lose to much explosives in the higher bracket and the nc isn't bringing enough cash in.

Lonestoner
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
If you only build 12, 24, and 48 hour buildings, then ALL your buildings are actually profitable when robbed. Filling up extra space with 1, 3, 6, and 8 hour buildings will spread your targets out a bit, and give you some income that most likely won't be robbed.

And, I wouldn't get rid of your defensive buildings until you replace them with another. Build a gatling turret, sell a safehouse, rinse, repeat. Your overall defense may go down while doing this, but your effective defense is going to steadily climb as well. Personally, I don't plan to upgrade my gatlings past level 2; it just inflates your defense score too much, and I'd rather use my math time for other things. :p

I'm not sure if it's still this way or not, but, defense buildings at level 1 give their full listed defense as effective defense. When you upgrade them is when the effective defense starts to differ than the amount shown.

I've seen many different opinions on how the effective defense works out. Some say you only use half your equipment defense (and full listed building defense) for robbery defense, and half your building defense (and full equipment defense) for attack defense. Some say you only use half your equipment defense (and full listed building defense) for robbery defense, and the full listed equipment defense (with effective defense from buildings not listed) for attacks. Wikia seems to think that you never use your listed defense and the effective defense counts for both attacks and robberies.

However it works out, the profile defense is almost always different than the amount used (unless they have no defensive buildings, or all level 1 defensive buildings [i think]). However, it seems that people use the same amount when getting attacked AND robbed. I've been testing this lately, and, maybe it's an android bug or something, but I can't get 3 different defense amounts to show (profile, rob, attack). It always shows the same amount when I attack someone as when I rob their buildings.

Clarity anyone? :D

Nudie
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
hey watch it

watch it eh, lololol

Oh yeah? Come rob me then. You sexy canadian you. :p

Fig O Ni
09-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I know who you are necro but what a dud name and avatar but it's all good.

So how you been and what did your old forum account get banned or you quit and now coming under a new guise.

Chat later lol.

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Like hell.

You know I like it hot!!!!!!!!