PDA

View Full Version : "Invalid data" requiring KA reinstalls

YLL
09-10-2012, 01:08 AM
The last few days, I've been experiencing crashes when I try to comment on an ally's wall. The following error message appears: "Kingdom Age wasn't able to load due to invalid data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing".

At that point, I am forced to exit the app. If I restart without reinstalling, trying to post a comment inevitably triggers another crash. Reinstalling is sometimes - but not always - a temporary fix that seems to be lasting for shorter and shorter periods.

I've gotten used to KA being the buggiest app on my phone and it's been a long time since I've submitted a ticket about periodic app crashes. However, this one is of sufficient frequency that I've been moved to write in.

Anyone else had this problem?

GetItOn
09-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Hob and I got that error the other day but seems to be working fine now. Were you leaving lots of replies? Mine seemed to trigger when I left 4-5 in a row. Haven't gotten it again tho. (I didn't re-install). It might just be the standard MSG when something funky is happening on their end. Like when you lose Internet connection attacking and it tells you player is too weak to attack.

Jhoemel
09-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Yeah i had that when i was trying to reply a message in my allie wall with a link attached. But it fixed itself since i gave up posting to his wall about a link

The1nONLY
09-10-2012, 03:07 AM
You get the invalid data error when using symbols when typing words on walls such as ...... _\|~<>£€¥•=+*^%# any of these you leave in walls will give you a invalid error and needs to restart. Just avoid using symbols like this on walls

YLL
09-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Hob and I got that error the other day but seems to be working fine now. Were you leaving lots of replies? Mine seemed to trigger when I left 4-5 in a row. Haven't gotten it again tho. (I didn't re-install). It might just be the standard MSG when something funky is happening on their end. Like when you lose Internet connection attacking and it tells you player is too weak to attack.

Nope, definitely not coz I was trying to do too many replies. In fact, I recently did a couple of dozen in a row with no problem.

Yeah i had that when i was trying to reply a message in my allie wall with a link attached. But it fixed itself since i gave up posting to his wall about a link

Not it either, no link involved.

You get the invalid data error when using symbols when typing words on walls such as ...... _\|~<>£€¥•=+*^%# any of these you leave in walls will give you a invalid error and needs to restart. Just avoid using symbols like this on walls

Unfortunately, this is still not the answer as I wasn't using any symbols - just straightforward text.

Thanks for your 2p, all. :)