PDA

View Full Version : In hiding

DBM 2IC
09-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Not only are CCM and er not anywhere to be seen on the forums but they havnt even been on twitter. I'm sure I read that er spends most of his time on twitter but he is nowhere to be seen.
So hopefully that means they are fixing this game before doing anything else as I have not seen a new event start yet which they normally do by now.
Hope it doesn't take much longer.

Luke 3457
09-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Not only are CCM and er not anywhere to be seen on the forums but they havnt even been on twitter. I'm sure I read that er spends most of his time on twitter but he is nowhere to be seen.
So hopefully that means they are fixing this game before doing anything else as I have not seen a new event start yet which they normally do by now.
Yeah thatd b great but they're probably playing golf and counting profits 😂😂

mxz
09-10-2012, 06:11 AM
Pump the brakes, (1) it was the weekend (2) SF is on West Coast (3) Mark has said Mondays are mostly meetings.

Luke 3457
09-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Pump the brakes, (1) it was the weekend (2) SF is on West Coast (3) Mark has said Mondays are mostly meetings.
They have been pretty absent lately not just the Long weekend

Deluxe
09-10-2012, 06:34 AM

Yah i dont buy this...and i like you mxz, insightful guy w good input always but this claim of hiding could be stretched back to ____ (pick a date) because the drop-ins for a one-liner image saving post doesnt really cut it...most recently and definitively was the complete and utter lack of regard or consideration towards people seeking clarificatiom on the anniversary events. CCM shows up for an occasional ban or lock but remember when they pissed all over our shoes and told us it was raining...? ('more transparency' bs that they said they would work on MONTHS ago...)

mxz
09-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Remember they've also been on vacation. It's our selfish side that thinks they owe us anything, because, in reality, they don't. They give us a free game with the option to spend money on very specific things - and none of those are support or a community manager. Those are purely PR additions. I'm not saying whether those are being used to the maximum business benefit, because that's their call. But it doesn't help anyone to complain about them not being around when we want them.

Ohaithere
09-10-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm sure they will be back soon, I like the recent events and changes

Luke 3457
09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm sure they will be back soon, I like the recent events and changes
I'm with you on that I love the boss event in particular. I wish it wasn't so deeply flawed. The one year anniversary was a great idea too, but once again flawed no glitches were aware of but the lack of clarity was a dissapointment! Not to mention no communication on grees side we had so many questions and only one was answered! It was about the free item when we would receive it.

Deluxe
09-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I do like a lot of what is going on currently and ill be fair, support has always come thru for me even if a little slow. Because that is the level on which most/all people actually interact w the company it is my only point of reference and as i said, ill give them a passing grade for sure.
Do they (gree as a whole) still drop the ball and roll things out when they arent ready? Absolutely! Do they pretty much always leave something more to be desired? Absolutely! Do they owe us anything? Maybe not. But then dont blow smoke up out asses saying more communication and transparency is on its way...my expectations are set according to their own statements and claims

haywood
09-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I would love to know when the next gold sale will happen. I've been waiting like 2 weeks! Is there any kind of schedule for this or just whenever they feel like it?

mxz
09-10-2012, 07:33 AM
my expectations are set according to their own statements and claimsA certain Seinfeld routine comes to mind...the "eventual left" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-sBagXbT0

Deluxe
09-10-2012, 08:43 AM
A certain Seinfeld routine comes to mind...the "eventual left" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-sBagXbT0

Ill check the link when i have wifi :)

Paulio
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
I absolutely think they owe us something. That something is clarification. Yes, this is a "free" game, but they would've never developed it just to see how cool it would be. They had profit in mind, and many of us forum members provide some of that profit.

I love the epic boss event, but I am so disappointed with the anniversary event. Why? Because I spent real money in trying to acquire a top 25 item. As a paying customer, you better believe I have expectations. I emailed support asking for clarification of the rules, I PMed the community managers and asked them openly on the forum. The event came and went and we got zero answers. The worst part is that the event ended 8 days ago and we haven't even heard a "we're working on it" one-liner.

I don't often complain about support, developers or community managers, but I agree with OP that their absence is surely felt.

BOS
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I absolutely think they owe us something. That something is clarification. Yes, this is a "free" game, but they would've never developed it just to see how cool it would be. They had profit in mind, and many of us forum members provide some of that profit.

I love the epic boss event, but I am so disappointed with the anniversary event. Why? Because I spent real money in trying to acquire a top 25 item. As a paying customer, you better believe I have expectations. I emailed support asking for clarification of the rules, I PMed the community managers and asked them openly on the forum. The event came and went and we got zero answers. The worst part is that the event ended 8 days ago and we haven't even heard a "we're working on it" one-liner.

I don't often complain about support, developers or community managers, but I agree with OP that their absence is surely felt.

Same here. I spent $ going for the robbery item...

- If I ever let a customer go 1 week without any follow-up, after I received their purchase order or credit card information, I would be fired as a supplier.... It's a shame I'm too "involved" in this game to do the same, lol.

Lonestoner
09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
It's our selfish side that thinks they owe us anything, because, in reality, they don't. They give us a free game with the option to spend money on very specific things - and none of those are support or a community manager. Those are purely PR additions. I'm not saying whether those are being used to the maximum business benefit, because that's their call.

Personally, I can't say they owe me anything, but as Paulio said, people that do pay money do deserve a much better overall game experience than what they're providing. At the bare minimum, fixing stuff behind the scenes at a decent rate, and being a bit late on delivering the info to people on the forum / twitter / fb would be nice. They could easily mend a bunch of the problems they're currently having if they'd just be straightforward about their progress on things. I think a lot of people would be content in knowing that something is even going to get fixed, no matter the time frame. Backing up this claim would also be a big part of it, since if they don't, people aren't going to listen to them for long anyways. I think a slight bit of communication could help a lot though.

If they're having an entire day devoted to meetings, and not getting anything done but pumping out more events and nerfing TLCs, that sure seems like an entire wasted day to me. Unless they're working on something big, there hasn't been any noticeable change to the game in quite a while for me..

sexkitteh
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Talking about "In hiding" - what have you been up to payam?

Lonestoner
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
You guys should just shut up!

A very well thought out, constructive first post! Grats!

Olly1
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
A very well thought out, constructive first post! Grats!

He's trying to make a name for himself and getting to the 10 post count so he can start a stirring first thread. Classic trolling tactics

I've gotta agree with Paulio. Paying players do deserve some kind of recourse. After all it only takes 5 minutes to post a quick summary on that exact rules to an event. I think we have a lack of info due to Gree's interest in maintaining 'mystery' in the game

GodHatesBurn.com
09-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Da shut up man should shut up

(and burn of course)

Deluxe
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Da shut up man don't shut up, you shut up. Shut up! Shut up!!

Yay just what we need! More complete and utter idiots

DBM 2IC
09-11-2012, 12:19 AM

Sorry I should've stated that er hadn't been on twitter for a week and around the same for the forums I know they were here today but it was brief and didnt answer anyone's concerns. Plus they havnt started a new event still so things might be getting fixed hope it doesn't take to much longer tho. I can't wait for another boss event they are awesome even tho the last one was full of bugs I'd still rather that then a box event any day even with the bugs.