PDA

View Full Version : Lower mafia?

Undefinable
09-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I have 500 Mafia I'm level 50 with 4k ATK and 4.5k Defense. Should I lower my Mafia for some reason what does it do?

Luke 3457
09-09-2012, 01:27 PM
A lot of people go to 499 to attacked less by thug lifers... Some go down to bout 300 or so to try to hide from the "shark tank" but that isn't an issue at your level. Dropping mafia means lower stats overall...

dudeman
09-09-2012, 01:29 PM
At level 50 you're only taking 250 mafia into battle, so you could get rid of half your mob if you really want to and your stats shouldn't be affected.

Luke 3457
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
At level 50 you're only taking 250 mafia into battle, so you could get rid of half your mob if you really want to and your stats shouldn't be affected.
Yea I couldn't remember how many at his level 😳 it's been so long since I was there

TRAZ
09-09-2012, 01:33 PM
5 per level up to 500 max. good stuff.

Luke 3457
09-09-2012, 01:36 PM
If I was you I'd clear out Like 50-100 weak mafia ... Time consuming just do it here and there. Then only add strong rivals... The more weak rivals to rob the better!

Undefinable
09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
@dudeman
I experienced removing my Mafia and I lost like 5 atk or 2 or 3 on each person same goes for defense.
That's why I'm not so sure you know.

Luke 3457
09-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Are you using consumable explosives ? If so your attack and d will go down when u loose them

Euchred
09-09-2012, 01:48 PM
The main reason to drop at that level is if all your mafia aren't fully equipped. If you drop your mafia to 150 you will see other people with around that number. Your stats will be less but so will your rivals. The only reason I wouldn't do it is because it's time consuming and boring to remove people.

Undefinable
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
No I don't have explosives.

Euchred so should I do it? I know it's Boring and time consuming but I'm up for it.

Lonestoner
09-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Euchred so should I do it? I know it's Boring and time consuming but I'm up for it.

Personally, I am creeping up the mafia ladder very slowly. People always talk about the shark tank, but, you can avoid it slightly more by adjusting your mafia as necessary.

For example, most of the really strong people on here have 350-500 mafia. Probably 99% of them unless they're dropping mafia to hunt someone.

Now, (at my level) you can see people within 2-3 levels of your own, and within ~40 mafia (up or down) of your own, on the rivals list. This may widen at higher levels, I'm not sure. At my level though, it's really beneficial to stay within a range where I can keep my mafia fully geared, minus explosives, and stay below the toughies.

Therefore, if you hit level xxx, and only have 200 mafia, you most likely won't see any of the strong people from the forums since they're at such a high amount of mafia.

Any input on what the gaps are would be great.. Such as: "I'm level 200 with 500 mafia and I can see people as low as level 176 and as low as 350 mafia." If that is the case, my point still stands.. Just look at your competition; if they're mostly stronger than you, maybe drop some mafia and add some gear. If you're stronger than most of them, well, that's fun. Just keep your mafia geared up, always.

Euchred
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM

At the end of the day it's up to you but I do think it will help you stay more competitive with your rivals. It will also make it seem like equipping everyone is less of a large task.

Undefinable
09-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I decided to drop to 300 since I'm mostly getting beat up.

Euchred
09-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I decided to drop to 300 since I'm mostly getting beat up.

Since you're level 50 the most you can use is 250 so to make a difference you have to drop lower then that.

TRAZ
09-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Get better weapons to outfit your mafia. At your level 50 you can have 250 of each of the following:
1. Guns
2. Melee
3. Explosives
4. Armor
5. Vehicles

If you don't have 250 of each numbered item above then your mafia aren't equipped right. :)

_dan_
09-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't think dropping to 300 or any number > than 250 make any differences to you; people at that level won't see you with more than 250 mobs. Just keep that mob. It's better if you have 499 mobs, people won't attack you because of Thug Life missions.

To play with explosives is like playing with fire, you may got burned by your own fire. Your income is just 6K/hour & your atk/def is low, you might waste too much for explosives but no benefit at all. Imagine you rob 2k from a building but lost 16k for explosives, what gain ?

joaquim
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Keep dropping mafia until you start feeling comfortable and aren't getting succesfully attacked or robbed. This will allow you to no bank which saves you from having to pay 10% to deposit your cash in the bank.

Undefinable
09-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Well thanks guys for your support.

One last thing.

What guns melee and armor do you recommend for me at level 50?

Euchred
09-09-2012, 04:27 PM
For guns I'd say ak 47s and for armour military goggles for defense and ski masks for attack.

joaquim
09-09-2012, 04:41 PM

One last thing.

Try farming Rusty M4s for now. I know they're not the original but if you're losing lots of fights then farming Rusties are good option too.

Paulio
09-09-2012, 04:46 PM

One last thing.

Use respect points to buy night vision binoculars. Stats are 16/16

Use cash to buy steel garrotes. Stats are 10/5.

Also, buy consummable explosives.

Undefinable
09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys your truly the best.

_dan_
09-09-2012, 06:05 PM
It's just too late for the M4A1 20/22. Now rusty M4A1 is just 9/11.

For melee you should go with Nail bats 7/5, loot from Sheila Smalls (72) in Auto Row, easy drop. Can equip 300 mobs easily. Steel Garrote is good but $53k/item is not for 6k/hour player, you need 3 months to equip all your mobs with such item.

Focus on buying night vision binoculars 16/16, that item also good for long run.

No need for looting guns, all guns are lousy compare to RP items, you should save RP to buy RPGs later, it's the best RP items after the good M4A1s days.

_dan_
09-09-2012, 06:06 PM
It's just too late for the M4A1 20/22. Now rusty M4A1 is just 9/11.

For melee you should go with Nail bats 7/5, loot from Sheila Smalls (72) in Auto Row, easy drop. Can equip 300 mobs easily. Steel Garrote is good but $53k/item is not for 6k/hour player, you need 3 months to equip all your mobs with such item.

Focus on buying night vision binoculars 16/16, that item also good for long run.

No need for looting guns, all guns are lousy compare to RP items, you should save RP to buy RPGs later, it's the best RP items after the good M4A1s days.

Lonestoner
09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
I think the rusty m4 drop rate is kinda rough for someone at his level, unless he's spent a good bit of skill points on energy.. Not sure where they get to decent rates, but I barely get 1 per 1k energy at the junkyard.

Now I know this is decent compared to TLC and such, but.. At low levels, this isn't all that efficient either. Still better than not having your mafia equipped well though.

Jian Carlo
09-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Use respect points to buy night vision binoculars. Stats are 16/16

Use cash to buy steel garrotes. Stats are 10/5.

Also, buy consummable explosives.

I agree with Paulio. To farm rusty MA's that will drop off your mafia weapon list very quickly will be very frustrating and a waste of your time.

Auxilium
09-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Just rob lofts. Low xp and high rp. Go for Tommy Guns with your rp. They will affect your atk the most. It's 30 atk with 300 rp compared to 16 atk with 300 rp for nvb. But, nvb is better in the long run. Also, keep building and upgrading buildings. Cash can also provide good weapons.

Ragmondino
09-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Personally, I am creeping up the mafia ladder very slowly. People always talk about the shark tank, but, you can avoid it slightly more by adjusting your mafia as necessary.

For example, most of the really strong people on here have 350-500 mafia. Probably 99% of them unless they're dropping mafia to hunt someone.

Now, (at my level) you can see people within 2-3 levels of your own, and within ~40 mafia (up or down) of your own, on the rivals list. This may widen at higher levels, I'm not sure. At my level though, it's really beneficial to stay within a range where I can keep my mafia fully geared, minus explosives, and stay below the toughies.

Therefore, if you hit level xxx, and only have 200 mafia, you most likely won't see any of the strong people from the forums since they're at such a high amount of mafia.

Any input on what the gaps are would be great.. Such as: "I'm level 200 with 500 mafia and I can see people as low as level 176 and as low as 350 mafia." If that is the case, my point still stands.. Just look at your competition; if they're mostly stronger than you, maybe drop some mafia and add some gear. If you're stronger than most of them, well, that's fun. Just keep your mafia geared up, always.

I'm level 178, with 500 mafia and I get attacked by level 200 all the time so they can definitely see that far, it's been happening since about level 175

emcee
09-10-2012, 01:53 AM
I suggest going more extreme and drop down to zero alliance. Camp, build your economy and just do scratchers in the meantime to get decent items. The more jobs you do to farm decent non end game items is just putting you in a more difficult position as you level up.

If you are thinking of something less extreme then I suggest keep on dropping mafia and checking the stats of a sample of rivals and see how competitive you are. When you find the sweet spot that you are on average have better stats than your rivals is a suggested level to stop cutting mob members.

You should be maxing out on gatlings now and upgrading them across the board. Keep in mind your defense buildings will play more of a significant role when you have less mafia members as your rivals will be in the general same mob bracket and will not bring the weight of 250 full mob attack down on you.

Lonestoner
09-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm level 178, with 500 mafia and I get attacked by level 200 all the time so they can definitely see that far, it's been happening since about level 175

Ok cool thanks, that's what I thought.. I remember seeing someone else's post about this too, they said they started getting hit by level 200s at level 176, so that seems about right.

Just rob lofts. Low xp and high rp.

Ideal, but not many players have lofts yet at level 50.. About 95% of the hoods I come across at right under level 90 are still weak; no wholesales, brownstones, beachsides, lofts, internet companies, nothing. Not sure what people are doing, but, a lot of them don't have a clue apparently.

Nicky the Nose
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I agree with emcee. I have an account lv 50 with 53 mafia my attack is 50xx, def 54xx was getting my butt handed to me everyday now I lose maybe 1 attack a month, and robberies maybe 1 a week but I also use explosives (stun grenades) and about 6 gatling turrets. NVB 16/16 help a lot so do sawn-off shotguns 22/14 but they still become obsolete pretty quick if you keep mafia low. I would say right now I win 95 out of 100 attacks, good luck either way

Undefinable
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm at level 50.
I have movies theater level 2
Loft
Dominican restaurant

Nicky the Nose
09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I sent you friend request you can add look at my hood and inventory and delete if you like:cool:

Auxilium
09-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Ideal, but not many players have lofts yet at level 50.. About 95% of the hoods I come across at right under level 90 are still weak; no wholesales, brownstones, beachsides, lofts, internet companies, nothing. Not sure what people are doing, but, a lot of them don't have a clue apparently.

That's true, you have to look and find that juicy hood. Been doing that on the lower levels starting from 12 and higher. If you have the time and patience you run into great hoods with lvl 6 lofts ready to rob (if you atk is good enough).

theONE
09-16-2012, 01:03 AM
I suggest going more extreme and drop down to zero alliance. Camp, build your economy and just do scratchers in the meantime to get decent items. The more jobs you do to farm decent non end game items is just putting you in a more difficult position as you level up.

If you are thinking of something less extreme then I suggest keep on dropping mafia and checking the stats of a sample of rivals and see how competitive you are. When you find the sweet spot that you are on average have better stats than your rivals is a suggested level to stop cutting mob members.

You should be maxing out on gatlings now and upgrading them across the board. Keep in mind your defense buildings will play more of a significant role when you have less mafia members as your rivals will be in the general same mob bracket and will not bring the weight of 250 full mob attack down on you.

will anyone attack you if you cull your members to zero?

emcee
09-16-2012, 03:07 AM
will anyone attack you if you cull your members to zero?

From personal experience in all 3 Gree games from lower to mid levels you will practically fall off the radar of rivals. Granted you might see rivals with much larger alliance when you refresh but it does not necessarily mean that they see you. Of course, there has been times with the rivals list gets a little wonky and all bets are off. However, these are more the exception rather than the rule.

I'm fairly sure zero bracket mafia alliance even at high levels holds pretty much intact. If you are concerned about attacks then just buy a lot of defense buildings and upgrade sufficiently to prevent/deter successful attacks/robberies.

My level 14 account, Migs, have been at zero alliance for close to 10 months with 263 fights won, 5 lost, 25 robberies won and 0 lost.

Nyx
09-16-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm level 83 and I no banked the 40m for my nightclub, I had about 430 mafia at the time. The day after I placed my nightclub, I got hit by a couple players with stats capable of breaking my D about 50% of the time. Had they found me a day earlier, they would have had a really good day.

So now that I'm no banking for the club's first upgrade, I'm down to about 280 mafia, I may go lower but so far, I'm feeling pretty comfortable. It's definitely worth lowering mafia if you want to no bank to save for a big purchase, you save tons of cash that would be spent on the 10% deposit banking fee.