PDA

View Full Version : B-52 and Sea Scouts

NSC
09-09-2012, 08:10 AM
They both have the same defence rating.

But if i only want Sea Scouts to be brought into defending, i must have a higher sea boost than air boost right?

Anyone have an answer to this? thanks

Jhoemel
09-09-2012, 08:28 AM
yes thats right

Baraka
09-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Yes. Don't wanna be losing those B52s.

manbeast
09-09-2012, 11:32 AM
it has been my experience that boost buildings are not figured in to which units you bring to battle. i think nation boost is though. so if you are UK, sea scouts will be, but if you are russia, B-52's will be.

Miner
09-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Boost buildings DO determine which units go to battle and the order in which they go. It's somewhat of a trick because you want to build up your air boost to get the most from your B-52s. My suggestion is, of you're looking for a sea unit for defense, start loading up on mine-launchers instead.

overkill 280
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Boost buildings DO determine which units go to battle and the order in which they go. It's somewhat of a trick because you want to build up your air boost to get the most from your B-52s. My suggestion is, of you're looking for a sea unit for defense, start loading up on mine-launchers instead.So what happens then if all your boost building are the same level? Which unit goes then?

Miner
09-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Country boost is also taken into effect. I'm not sure what happens if there is a dead tie. I'm sure there's some contingency in the code, but nothing I've seen in game files. Knowing Gree, they'll send the units with the HIGHEST casualty rate! ;)

Aidan
09-09-2012, 01:05 PM
In my experience, Only nation boosts and alphabetical order determine which unit comes first.
If you play as US, Iran or China, B-52 will come first. Russia-B-52. UK- sea scout.

Edit: @miner can you see the effect of boost building in the file? I checked my army and have a completely diff outcome than you.

Bronson
09-09-2012, 01:11 PM
If you can afford to buy B52s then why defuk are you still buying Sea Scouts

Aidan
09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
If you can afford to buy B52s then why defuk are you still buying Sea Scouts

^^THIS!!^^
lolololo
Bronson is right tho. Should buy SSD instead.

Hivesy
09-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Bronson nailed it, you should be loading up on stealth surveillance drones and not touching sea scouts. My 100 sea scouts recently hit the scrap heap, sad and happy all at the same time :)

manbeast
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Boost buildings DO determine which units go to battle and the order in which they go. It's somewhat of a trick because you want to build up your air boost to get the most from your B-52s. My suggestion is, of you're looking for a sea unit for defense, start loading up on mine-launchers instead.

how do you figure?

in the early days i was USA. I used fighters (3/1) as my meatshield. then I decided to use sea scouts as my defense (3/17). I noticed i was taking sea scouts into battle and losing them. I upgraded my airship hanger to lvl 3, and left my naval research as lvl 1. It was completely random whether or not sea scouts or fighters or a mixture of the two would be used.

Dr. Dengus
09-09-2012, 05:52 PM
how do you figure?

in the early days i was USA. I used fighters (3/1) as my meatshield. then I decided to use sea scouts as my defense (3/17). I noticed i was taking sea scouts into battle and losing them. I upgraded my airship hanger to lvl 3, and left my naval research as lvl 1. It was completely random whether or not sea scouts or fighters or a mixture of the two would be used.

Hmm , not really sure.

3 * 1.06 = 3.18

3 * 1.02 = 3.06

Maybe the game still read both as only giving you 3 attack since the boosts were so low?

Maverick50727
09-09-2012, 05:58 PM
how do you figure?

I was never able to figure it. I have seen big changes in units used and which unit was pushed out. When there are ties it didn't work as expected. Unfortunately with all the stupid event rewards it has pushed me way beyond the 45 units I can see. I can't really change ally count these days to control as much without lowering my stats to the point of putting blood in the water for the sharks. If they ever let us see all units in you attack battle group we might be figure out more.

Dr. Dengus
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Bronson nailed it, you should be loading up on stealth surveillance drones and not touching sea scouts. My 100 sea scouts recently hit the scrap heap, sad and happy all at the same time :)

I guess ML's have the Strong Against Sea thing on their side, but I would still use SSD's for defense even for UK players. Let's say you have both Naval and Air boosts at lvl 5 (easily achievable):

26 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 31.46 for Mine Launchers

30 * 1.1 = 33 for Stealth Surv. Drones

Even if you're Air Hangar is at lvl 3, it still tops the Mine Launchers ( 30 * 1.06 = 31.8)

Just my two cents, I could be biased since I go heavy on the SSD's for my army lol. Plus they are $35k cheaper a pop compared to the Mine Launchers.

Ryans67
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I was never able to figure it. I have seen big changes in units used and which unit was pushed out. When there are ties it didn't work as expected. Unfortunately with all the stupid event rewards it has pushed me way beyond the 45 units I can see. I can't really change ally count these days to control as much without lowering my stats to the point of putting blood in the water for the sharks. If they ever let us see all units in you attack battle group we might be figure out more.

I've been dreaming of that feature for a while. Just to have a screen where you click to view your active army, which calculates your current ally count/units taken, and shows them all. I don't know how hard it would be for them to implement.... Maybe after the video feature??? Lol.

NSC
09-10-2012, 01:22 AM
^^THIS!!^^
lolololo
Bronson is right tho. Should buy SSD instead.

Hah just curious how it worked.
Thanks anyway guys!

Miner
09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
how do you figure?

It just seem logical that, if the order in which units are taken to battle is impacted by boost buildings (which we know they are --- just check your top 45 and you'll see examples all over of this), then they would impact which units fall above or below the cutoff as well. The big question is how they handle rounding issues like Dr. Dengus showed and how the software decides to handle dead ties. The sea scout and fighter example is tough because the attack score is so low. It's hard to make much determination on how a 4% difference makes when you're only talking about 12 hundredths of an attack point.

Agent Orange
09-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Think we touched on this but OP never really said what country he was playing under.....

I started as UK and had an army geared towards sea units but switched to Russia and air units as they fight my current strategy better.

So without knowing country and strategy it's difficult to give you a really complete answer.

Because you're at a low level sorting this out could have a huge impact on you later in the game. Why I choose Russia for my newest LLP and immediately leveled their airbase to L10 so I could buy SSD's and B52's and they are only L12.

If you are some other country then you may need to change or modify your strategy for unit purchases.

boardgames rule
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Yea i am Uk and will say with them but i am still going to get mine launchers or so. Becusae it is the only higher defense unit right now avalible. By the time i have upgraded my air base to 9 i will have some mine launchers with there sea bonus and and plenty of dough for SSDs. By the way should i change my country to Russia or stay UK? It is still early in the game for me at level 42. I do have my naval base at 10 so that would be to bad but is it worth it?