PDA

View Full Version : replacement iPhone nightmare

Chairman Maw
09-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Guys,

Can anyone offer any advice?

I have had to get a replacement iPhone from Apple as mine was damaged beyond repair. I restored the replacement phone from a backup and launched CC.

A brand new (level 1) game started and I was prompted to select my perk.

I went through the settings to try and do a game transfer but it's asking me for a user name and password. I tried my in game name 'chairmanmaw' and a few passwords, but I dont ever remember setting a password for the game?!

Should I be using my 9 digit code?

is there a default password?

Any help would be appreciated. I've spent a year neigh on, getting my hood up to scratch and I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

I have sent a support request in to gree but havent had a reply yet.

Cheers,

Chairman Maw

Steve0
09-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Email Support and give them your old Id number if you have it and your new one they should be able to transfer your account.

Chairman Maw
09-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Will do, cheers Steve0!

Steve0
09-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Good luck take a break it might be awhile.

eka6484
09-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Give them some time as it is the weekend but if you don't get a reply with in a couple of days send CCM a pm. Make sure you state the number of your support ticket.

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
man this thrread was unnescecary ,any problemscreate a tiket my freind not a thrread.

iteachem
09-08-2012, 03:36 PM
man this thrread was unnescecary ,any problemscreate a tiket my freind not a thrread.

And this post was what a jewel in the rough? You 100 posts count for absolutely the most inane combination of drivel on this entire forum...

As for chairman...good luck too bad I just added you I could keep you hood clean..lol

eka6484
09-08-2012, 04:26 PM

As he already stated, he did send a support ticket. He has had no joy so far via the support system so going on the forum would be the next step, wouldn't it?
People don't just come onto the forum to *****, moan and troll like yourself. Believe it or not!

TonySpaghetti
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
And this post was what a jewel in the rough? You 100 posts count for absolutely the most inane combination of drivel on this entire forum...

As for chairman...good luck too bad I just added you I could keep you hood clean..lol

Well said! I'm gona bye ewe a drink, freind! ;)

Auxilium
09-09-2012, 07:09 AM
freind! ;)

I think the topic starter thinks different :p

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Im replacing my iPad tomorrow, when I go to set my game up on my new iPad do I just have to type in my funzio id and password then the game will start loading up on the new one?

Edit- I see that there's a "transfer game" button, but I'm not going to have the old iPad once i get the new one. will it still work without pressing the transfer button on the old one?

iteachem
09-09-2012, 07:20 AM
When I got a new ipad I used the transfer game on the old one first then the transfer button on the new one.. if i remember correctly you have to designate the old device versus the new one

suppose you already have a funzio id. If not, create one. (clipboard→more→funzio id)

1. on your ipad, sign in your funzio id, tap "transfer game". choose "old device"
2. on your new device, after finish tutorial, when menu(clipboard) is accessible, clipboard→more→funzio id, tap "transfer game", choose "new device"

Thanos
09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Guys,

Can anyone offer any advice?

I went through the settings to try and do a game transfer but it's asking me for a user name and password. I tried my in game name 'chairmanmaw' and a few passwords, but I dont ever remember setting a password for the game?!

Should I be using my 9 digit code?

is there a default password?

I have sent a support request in to gree but havent had a reply yet.

When you started the game a yr ago in settings/funzio id- did you make an acct with funzio? Email was optional but you would have had to put a password. Some people never signed up and never set a password. It's to secure your game so you can transfer. I beleive the email is for ticket support and if you sign up with like tap joy for extra gold to get credited.
I would advise everyone to do this if you haven't.

User name - is in game name
Password- could be whatever you made it or none at all. It's not your 9 digi code
I would think if there's a default password then people could steal accts very easily.

Good luck and please let us know if it happens for you as I haven't seen it or heard it done yet.
But I'm still new so it might be possible.

Thanos
09-09-2012, 07:38 AM

I had to add you so you don't bring your double wide street sweeper through my hood!
Hahahahahhaha

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 07:38 AM
When I got a new ipad I used the transfer game on the old one first then the transfer button on the new one.. if i remember correctly you have to designate the old device versus the new one

suppose you already have a funzio id. If not, create one. (clipboard→more→funzio id)

1. on your ipad, sign in your funzio id, tap "transfer game". choose "old device"
2. on your new device, after finish tutorial, when menu(clipboard) is accessible, clipboard→more→funzio id, tap "transfer game", choose "new device"

So before i go over to apple I should hit transfer game on the old one. then when I get the new one a couple hrs later, I just hit transfer game again and type in my funzio id? Seems easy enough

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the help teach

Swearengen
09-09-2012, 07:42 AM
for the OP or anyone, it's a good idea to write down/record your UDID number for your device just in case ****t happens....

iteachem
09-09-2012, 07:43 AM
So before i go over to apple I should hit transfer game on the old one. then when I get the new one a couple hrs later, I just hit transfer game again and type in my funzio id? Seems easy enough

make sure you have an id setup before hand if you haven't. I did my transfer right in the store and it took very little time once i typed in the code correctly

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 07:46 AM
for the OP or anyone, it's a good idea to write down/record your UDID number for your device just in case ****t happens....

Where do you find the udid?

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 07:49 AM
make sure you have an id setup before hand if you haven't. I did my transfer right in the store and it took very little time once i typed in the code correctly

Yeah I set up one a couple months ago. Good thing i asked, I was planning at first just to type in my id on the new one. I probably would've been stuck sending a message to support and waiting forever to hear back.

Thanos
09-09-2012, 07:50 AM
They should make you sign up after like lvl 5. To avoid these probs.

iteachem
09-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Where do you find the udid?

when i sent an email to support from the device i get player id, device id etc in the email it generates.

also settings, general, serial number on device will give you the device serial number

mxz
09-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Where do you find the udid?http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Alright awesome, thanks for the help everyone.

Deluxe
09-09-2012, 08:10 AM

Everything you say is unnecessary so keep to yourself

iteachem
09-09-2012, 08:13 AM
man this thrread was unnescecary ,any problemscreate a tiket my freind not a thrread.Everything you say is unnecessary so keep to yourself

Glad to see the forum seems to universally despise this troll... At least we can agree on something around here.

Chairman Maw
09-10-2012, 06:38 AM
No reply from Gree yet.

I defo didnt setup a funzio account. That should surely be compulsory FFS?!

Not confident Im going to get my game back at the moment. The silence is deafening.

Oh yeah, (MS13)TURKISHTIGER - Posting questions on a forum related to the game is EXACTLY what the forum is for, you clown!

Daniel2115
09-10-2012, 07:00 AM
No reply from Gree yet.

I defo didnt setup a funzio account. That should surely be compulsory FFS?!

Not confident Im going to get my game back at the moment. The silence is deafening.

Oh yeah, (MS13)TURKISHTIGER - Posting questions on a forum related to the game is EXACTLY what the forum is for, you clown!

Im sure you'll hear back soon. I had 2 tickets out for over a week and got them both answered within 20 min of each other. They're probably just really backed up on tickets.

Chairman Maw
09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
That's good to hear! Cheers for that.

I just PM'd CCM as well for good measure!

Chairman Maw
09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Just had my account restored. 6 days it took. Of course, I've been ****d blind and lost loads of income. Cracking service for someone who has paid money to play this game...... honest.