PDA

View Full Version : The Scratchcard CON

Fig O Ni
09-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Since using scratchcards noticed it is impossible not to get cash if you have an equal amount of token types which includes cash tokens(unless you only have 1 of each token).

So example you reveal a scratchcard and get 2 cars, 2 melee & 2 cash then it not random it's a guarantee cash reward.

If I get 2 cash & 2 guns plus 2 others don't make a pair I still get cash.

This also includes the payout of respect points.
So 2 respect will beat any 2 weapon token.

I don't see this as a glitch but a purpose ploy by greefu*kup.

Steve0
09-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Fig, I hear ya I had 6 stright days getting 10K cash then to top it off I was geting 10K from the events. I would say it the majority that cash rules when paired with something else but not all the time I can comfirm this.

Fig O Ni
09-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks Steve I just not been taking pic but noticed to the point of guaranteeing that if I get a pair or 3 cash along with a weapon with the same amount of token I get cash.

Yesterday even I got 3 cash & 3 cars and end up with cash & today 2 guns & 2 cash still cash.
And since I've been watching this, it's been 100% cash if there is a 'RANDOM' choice.

Can anyone who does have a choice which includes cash on there scratchers but don't get cash please take a pic and post it for my hearts content.

dudeman
09-08-2012, 10:35 AM
What I'd like to know is why you get such a garbage "prize" if you get one of each token. That's just as rare as 6 of the same token type!

Anyways, when that happened to me (6 different) I think I got a Lowrider (6/6).

I'll pay more attention in the future, because I do seem to get cash more often than other prizes. Maybe I'm just imagining it though since I usually get crappy scratchers anyways.

erik
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I have 100% gotten cash, followed by 100% RP next.

Deluxe
09-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Getting one of each is not as rare as getting 6x prize...
Say you want the 6x car...chance of getting first card is 1/6, second is 1/6^2, third is 1/6^3...and so on until 1/6^6 or something like 1/50000...
To get one of each your odds start at 6/6 because ANY item will suffice...second card is 5/6 because one card type has been eliminated, then 4/6, 3/6, 2/6 and all the way down to 1/6 so basically a fraction factorial (a fractorial if you will tee hee hee) looking like 6/6! or (6/6 x 5/6 x 4/6 x 3/6 x 2/6 x 1/6) which is 1/65 odds versus 1/50000 odds

chbranch
09-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I think this random generator has been kicking out cash prizes lately. The last three scratchers I received 10k along with 6 out of 8 openings on the android event being 10k. It can't just be a coincidence with everyone getting the same occurrence of winning cash lately.

Tomatoneverdie
09-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Cash all the time for me too, scratcher is like a daily reminder for me NOT to spend gold on it ever again....

kitzune
09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
well if you want to find out the distribution of results you should get 3 or more people together to record their results each day for each scratcher they have. Only then might you see the true tendencies including if the off draws out of the six symbols make a difference on the draws for ties of two.

Dravak
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
think instead of cash the original idea was that we got gold bars ..
From the scratchers , but since winning gold bars was less income , they changed it to worthless cash .

So while order of winning gold was correct , always gold before other things .
Winning cash respect and then toss up randomly , is crap

Agree also with 1 of a kind , it is as rare as 6 of a kind , just no freaking good reward !

DenZ1
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Since using scratchcards noticed it is impossible not to get cash if you have an equal amount of token types which includes cash tokens(unless you only have 1 of each token).

So example you reveal a scratchcard and get 2 cars, 2 melee & 2 cash then it not random it's a guarantee cash reward.

Have to disagree. Im getting mostly something else if I get tied cash and something else in tokens

Maniaxe
09-08-2012, 03:10 PM
On the same note when hitting the same number items, you will receive the lesser value item. If you scratch two cars, two armor, and two guns you almost always will get the gun prize. I have never received a vehicle over any other prize. Of course you will get RP and Cash first as well. I logged scratchers for almost two months before deciding it was a load of rubbish.

Nce007
09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
No disrespect to anyone reading this reply but I can't see why everyone is complaining about getting cash when you get 2 cash & 2 cars & 2 respect on one card, at the end of the day the 1st scratch card you get everyday is free & whatever it gives you is a bonus, but before anyone says I've bought gold to play extra scratch cards then if that's happening everytime then yes it is not fair I agree. I myself only play the free scratch card everyday & I've done quite well from it too a few weeks ago I hit 5 knuckleduster symbols & the prize was a Assassins Star with Attack=505 & Defence=290 & only 2 days ago I hit 5 cash symbols which was worth a cool £10 million now that's what I call a BONUS :)

Euchred
09-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I think most would agree that we'd rather have scratchers then not have them but they could use some work that they'll likely never receive. I was unaware of the issue being discussed here probably because I do most of my scratchers in a half awake state.

One issue that needs immediate attention is how underpowered the cash prizes are. They should be taken out and replaced with explosives or be designed to change with your own IPH.

kitzune
09-08-2012, 05:03 PM
If you are going to spend gold on something I think the crates are a better deal especially if you go for the three crate with greater odds on getting a rare or uncommon. (15% rare, 25% uncommon and 60% common) vs single crate (5% rare, 25% uncommon, 70% common)

On scratch tickets you need 3 of the same symbol to equate to a common from the crates. with the 175 gold for the three crates and 180 gold for 9 scratch tickets I daresay the only ything you can say with certainty is you get more prizes but not the quality you get from the crates.

Dravak
09-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Kitzune yes the gambles on the crates simply are much beter then gamble on scratchers ...
While main prize of x3 rare on crates do happen , The main price on scrathers invested with gold , never seems to happen .

Sorry it is simply funny , how much the daily free scratcher gives beter items or reward , then tons of bought scratchers.

sparckle
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
What I'd like to know is why you get such a garbage "prize" if you get one of each token. That's just as rare as 6 of the same token type!

Anyways, when that happened to me (6 different) I think I got a Lowrider (6/6).

I'll pay more attention in the future, because I do seem to get cash more often than other prizes. Maybe I'm just imagining it though since I usually get crappy scratchers anyways.

6-match scratcher is much rarer than getting 1 of each. Think carefully.

PawnXIIX
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
So far I've never gotten a 6 card but I've at least had one 5 card prize that I can be proud of :)

And yes we proved this a while ago statistically that it's much harder to get a 1 card prize than a 6 card prize, but in reality if this theory is correct you'll get the lowest prize so you'll end up with...what? $100 of in game money?

That's something to write home about :D

Dravak
09-09-2012, 12:17 AM
no funny thing is that the lowest price awards correctly the lowrider or what is currently the bonus !
That is strange infact , I only had it one time in my life the 6 of the different kind .
It awarded the lowrider !

balax
09-09-2012, 12:25 AM
getting any 6x is 1 out of 6^5=7776
getting a specific (e.g.: car) prize is 1 out of 6^6 =46656
getting any 1x is (5/6)*(4/6)*(3/6)*(2/6)*(1/6)=5!/(6^5)=64.8

obviously getting any 6x prize is 120 times harder than getting any 1x

Swifty
09-10-2012, 07:43 AM
I have the same experience with cash trumping anything else.

Disappointing, even if it is a free scratcher.

Chairman Maw
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
I only ever seem to get rubbish prizes from the scratchers. It would be nice to actually get something decent for a change, but you cant really complain as its free.

Auxilium
09-10-2012, 08:02 AM

I found out today that your theory isn't right. This morning i got 2 armor pieces, 2 weapons and 2 respect from my scrather. I recieved the gun (Siege Rocket Launcher).

balax
09-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I found out today that your theory isn't right. This morning i got 2 armor pieces, 2 weapons and 2 respect from my scrather. I recieved the gun (Siege Rocket Launcher).

exactly
many times has happed to me either

Fig O Ni
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I would of been happy if you took a pic but anyway nevermind.

Now you crybabies who are talking, it's free blah blah.

Most mobile games have a daily reward implemented to it, it's a way to get people logging into there game daily so it not some new idea.

Second is what the crap was that about the game balance just because people were farming M4's in the past just for them to bring in other more powerful weapon on the cheap(free).

Strange how people have got 6 different token on a scratcher but the elusive 6 of the same type scratcher pic has never been posted but many will say they won 6 cash = $100mil.

I didn't say I was against scratchers but I was saying random should mean random.

Blueshoot
09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I got 5 knuckles only yesterday on my free scratcher. Was chuffed!!

Euchred
09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Congrats Blueshoot I got the same on friday :D

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t421/Euchred/scatcher5.png

Fig O Ni
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Best I got is a fluid transfer.

Nice one Bluey & Red.

Blueshoot
09-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Congrats Blueshoot I got the same on friday :D

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t421/Euchred/scatcher5.png

You've took the wind out of my sails. I got something far inferior. 337 ATT 193def, a Dragon Star

Euchred
09-10-2012, 05:45 PM
You've took the wind out of my sails. I got something far inferior. 337 ATT 193def, a Dragon Star

Not trying to get you down, I actually got the same thing anyway, the punished platform was just the listed grand prize that day. I screen capped the whole scratch card instead of what I won.

emcee
09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
It's random payout if you have a tie say between 2 cash and 2 melee.

Tomatoneverdie
09-10-2012, 05:52 PM
So far I've never gotten a 6 card but I've at least had one 5 card prize that I can be proud of :)

And yes we proved this a while ago statistically that it's much harder to get a 1 card prize than a 6 card prize, but in reality if this theory is correct you'll get the lowest prize so you'll end up with...what? $100 of in game money?

That's something to write home about :D

It's actually $1,000, and it is not funny when you have gotten that more than couple times.... OK, it is pretty funny even if that's exactly what happened to me....ha

Blueshoot
09-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Ahh, gotcha. I'm happy with anything free, nice to finally get one of the better ones.

PawnXIIX
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
It's actually $1,000, and it is not funny when you have gotten that more than couple times.... OK, it is pretty funny even if that's exactly what happened to me....ha

I think my ignorance can show i've never hit it, I've gotten 5 different icons but that 6th one never comes up, even though at that point it's theorectically a 1/6 chance of getting it, but it's always a 2nd gun or armor that comes up. Can't complain about siege rocket launchers :D

viperver1
09-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I had some luck but not so much in the money stakes. I'm really needing to upgrade my machine gun to lv9 yet. Unless of course, I get plenty of money instead of weapons, armors and respect. Last time money came up, I only got a lowsy 10,000 which doesn't do that much in this world.

Nudie
09-11-2012, 01:29 AM
The daily scratchers are free. I'm not complaining about a free gift. I might complain if I spent real money. :p

DBM 2IC
09-11-2012, 01:34 AM
The daily scratchers are free. I'm not complaining about a free gift. I might complain if I spent real money. :p

Someone with some sense. I agree if you paying for them then complain but if your only doing the free ones then be great full for what you do get.
A few months ago we didn't even get them.

PawnXIIX
09-11-2012, 03:12 AM

Exactly, I have a 5/6 chance of getting something useful :) Money is never useful, if i'm not careful I could drown in it right now, I can't get rid of it fast enough xD

Fig O Ni
09-11-2012, 04:28 AM
I thought scratcher do cost gold.

Yes agreed you get a free daily one too.

Now my tread was NOT about the scratcher but about the word 'RANDOM' when getting the equal number of tokens.

If I gave free chocolate bars but I didn't write don't it contained laxatives would you say never mind it was free who cares, if I didn't correctly tell you it contained chocolate laxatives?

PawnXIIX
09-11-2012, 04:44 AM
If I gave free chocolate bars but I didn't write don't it contained laxatives would you say never mind it was free who cares, if I didn't correctly tell you it contained chocolate laxatives?

._. Uhhhhhh..... *puts down candy bar* I'll reply in 5 minutes I need to go take care of something D:

mxz
09-11-2012, 05:53 AM
If I gave free chocolate bars but I didn't write don't it contained laxatives would you say never mind it was free who cares, if I didn't correctly tell you it contained chocolate laxatives?uhhh???
http://www.duncanchannon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/free-candy-van.jpg

PawnXIIX
09-11-2012, 05:57 AM
uhhh???
http://www.duncanchannon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/free-candy-van.jpg

Seems legit.

(CCC)Dipstik
09-11-2012, 06:25 AM
my one year old got into some chocolate laxatives once. She DESTROYED that diaper.

Fig O Ni
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Earlier today, this morning.

I'm asleep hear my phone alarm going off, so I say to my self must be time to open an event box.
Half heartedly I reach over grab my phone notice it a phone call answer the call, spoke a while & cut off the phone.

Now I'm holding the phone, forgetting that the event is running, until out the corner of my eye I see the CC icon & log in.

As it the first log in of the day a scratch card welcomes me too.
As I'm reveling each token, I get melee then respect, then cash.
Ok now I'm getting worried am I going to get the dreaded 1 of each.
The forth tokens a car, the fifth a gun.
Now this is getting bullsh*t, I think to myself no way I'm getting 6 different ones.
Yes damn the sixth one is a armor.

I now say to myself I have 5 in 6 chances this card will not give me cash.

What do I get:

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/2910/img0316p.png

Now is the coincident or what.

Steve0
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Dude you got hosed, you should recived a better luck next time.

eka6484
09-14-2012, 12:31 PM
<-------------- like this one

Veezy
09-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I get nothing on the scratchers. Usually 2 of one item is the most. Rearely 3

Fig O Ni
09-15-2012, 01:45 AM
Today again I got 6 different tokens on my FREE scratchcard.

This is not a joke!!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/1916/img0325.png

OK, it wasn't CASH.

http://imageshack.us/a/img515/2237/img0326.png

Tomorrow, I think I am due 6 of the same token.
Knowing my luck it be a 2 cash tokens matched.

Dravak
09-15-2012, 01:54 AM
lol Fig :p you sure got badluck , well my rewards hasn't been great these 2 weeks .

all crappy 2 of a kind trash , that don't boost my stats at all.

Fig O Ni
09-15-2012, 01:59 AM
I think Mark has blacklisted my account for making this thread.

I'm sending a ticket if I get 6 different tokens tomorrow.

Dravak
09-15-2012, 02:02 AM
He see it this way satistically speaking those 6 of a kind are beter then 3 of a kind !

So you win , just rewards stinks !
So while statistically , you won over me in the ods of luck , it still stinks!

Nah lol CCM wish he could control those things ;) , he could shut up a whole bunch of whinners on the forum.
By giving the none whinners super items .

Fig O Ni
09-15-2012, 02:06 AM
@D, LOL. ADD More letters