PDA

View Full Version : Reply for Boss event

Munch on it
09-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Just got a reply for boss event items and they are tracking how many wins everyone got and are going to fix it all up at the end of the event so looks like if you got the cruiser when you weren't meant to then its going to get taken off you and replaced with the item you should have got

sister morphine
09-08-2012, 01:23 AM
I suppose that's better than getting squat, but people whose wins total reached 20 (advertised as the cruiser) before the gun and vest goals got added in should get the cruiser they were expecting in my humble opinion.

How on earth can Gree expect to inspire confidence amongst players if they keep shifting the goalposts after the event like this? Get a grip fercrissakes.

C-live
09-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I have received the same email from support, saying that now the event has finished engineering will be awarding the correct prizes for the amount of bosses defeated. There was a glitch in the display number counter.

C-live
09-08-2012, 01:28 AM
I take that Sister Morphine did not get the cruiser then?

lordsagacity
09-08-2012, 02:07 AM
A lot of anger from cruiser owners will be raised.

Raz555
09-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Cruiser for 20 kills or gold I spent refunded - those are the only two options I will be happy with - what a mess.

Auxilium
09-08-2012, 02:36 AM
I suppose that's better than getting squat, but people whose wins total reached 20 (advertised as the cruiser) before the gun and vest goals got added in should get the cruiser they were expecting in my humble opinion.

Exactly my thoughts. It's unfair to take away something that was earned on a honest way. On the other hand, it is also unfair to the people who didn't get it in time when they changed the reward. So it's good they say, you get what you should have had and remove the cruisers from people who shouldn't have had it in the first place. We all knew, something must be wrong..

I can't imagine how many tickets and frustrated people they have to handle because of this event.. Must be insane.

sister morphine
09-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Exactly my thoughts. It's unfair to take away something that was earned on a honest way. On the other hand, it is also unfair to the people who didn't get it in time when they changed the reward. So it's good they say, you get what you should have had and remove the cruisers from people who shouldn't have had it in the first place. We all knew, something must be wrong..

I can't imagine how many tickets and frustrated people they have to handle because of this event.. Must be insane.
Ho Hum! Fouling up one event might be considered misfortune, but to do it with three is something else. So no, people should receive what they believed they were playing for as some kind of recompense.

sister morphine
09-08-2012, 02:55 AM
I take that Sister Morphine did not get the cruiser then?
You'd be correct. I made twenty kills last weekend before the gun goal suddenly appeared (don't think I ever got the vest one). But because of the screw-up with the event not appearing in the goals until I'd already completed seven I got nothing. Sent a ticket in but the only response has been the automated one due to Labor Day holiday in the states.

sister morphine
09-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Cruiser for 20 kills or gold I spent refunded - those are the only two options I will be happy with - what a mess.
+ a billion extra characters

Auxilium
09-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Ho Hum! Fouling up one event might be considered misfortune, but to do it with three is something else. So no, people should receive what they believed they were playing for as some kind of recompense.

In that case, i'm getting the Cruiser :cool:

But serious, they might aswell recognize the situation as their flaw and get over it. They always backfire it to the players who can't do a thing about it wich results in negative energy all over the forum and in game. They should take their loss of pixels and accept it. With this type of problem solving they can make mistakes over and over because it won't affect them anyway.

PawnXIIX
09-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Any word on when they will be fixing this and handing out the correct prizes? Maybe we'll get them in time for Christmas! OH!

What a gift that would be :3

Rhino72
09-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Come on all, outside of convicted hackers / cheaters nothing has ever been removed from inventory. Probable outcome will be if you have 20 you will get / keep the car. If you submit a ticket at 30 and have the car somehow you might manage to get the gun and the vest. I highly doubt cars will be taken away.

Luke 3457
09-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Come on all, outside of convicted hackers / cheaters nothing has ever been removed from inventory. Probable outcome will be if you have 20 you will get / keep the car. If you submit a ticket at 30 and have the car somehow you might manage to get the gun and the vest. I highly doubt cars will be taken away.
Yep I 100% agree no one will get anything taken away u have it u keep it! They can't risk anymore animosity they know they messed up and won't add more fuel to an already burning inferno. Plus it would require more effort and god knows how they feel about lifting a finger lol 😂😂

Canoehead
09-08-2012, 06:22 AM
I stopped the event with 24 kills when I saw the goal counter said I has 3. I got the same response as others a short time ago, and have told support I will protest payment for gold purchases with my credit card company if I don't get the cruiser. In my business mistakes by the vendor are always resolved in favor of the customer

sister morphine
09-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Yep I 100% agree no one will get anything taken away u have it u keep it! They can't risk anymore animosity they know they messed up and won't add more fuel to an already burning inferno. Plus it would require more effort and god knows how they feel about lifting a finger lol 😂😂
If that were true my 67 OG Town Cars would still be rated at 39-51 rather than the 1-1 they were nerfed down to, lol

<3 Hz
09-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I hope they don't take the car. That was the only chance I'll have to own a strong item like that.

Nyx
09-08-2012, 07:47 AM
According to the event pop up, I was supposed to be awarded the cruiser and that's what I got. If it gets taken away, I'll be PISSED!

Babytway
09-08-2012, 08:14 AM
well i believe it when i see it. i dont see Gree doing the work on removing the items too much work for them(or they might not know how) i also dont see them giving the cruiser to the people who defeated the boss 20 times again too much work for them(or they don't know how) but however it works out i won't be surprised one bit. these type of things have become the "Gree norm"

SevenO9
09-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Ageed Babytway. The sad part is that we accept it and move on.

TonySpaghetti
09-08-2012, 09:24 AM
According to the event pop up, I was supposed to be awarded the cruiser and that's what I got. If it gets taken away, I'll be PISSED!

I agree. If the advertised prize for 20 hits would have been a 300 gun, I wouldn't have bothered with gold. If they take away my cruiser, I'm going to chain myself to one of the pine trees in my hood and go on a hunger strike. :)

Nyx
09-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I agree. If the advertised prize for 20 hits would have been a 300 gun, I wouldn't have bothered with gold. If they take away my cruiser, I'm going to chain myself to one of the pine trees in my hood and go on a hunger strike. :)

I'll be chained up next to ya. ;) And as far as I'm concerned, even players who got the cruiser when they expected to get the gun, after GREEd changed the event midway (LAME!), they should be able to keep the cruiser because it was GREEd's **** up, not theirs. Funzio decided that the original M4A1s were a mistake for their gold selling biz yet everyone who already had them got to keep them, same thing applies here.

Tomatoneverdie
09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
If Gree takes away my cruiser, I will snap and go on a rampage. Watch out if u r Lv 74-76, a crazy Tomato is coming to ur town....

erik
09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't compare this to 4 or 5 months of effort farming M4s, but in a single week event, everyone does need to be treated the same, period.

This means either everyone gets the cruiser at 20 or no one does. I think in a single event scenario they goofed, as opposed to a glitch (boss farming...) that is exploited should not result in everyone losing what they received. It is a single item... and lots of bad pr, as opposed to a lot of happy customers in a one time windfall for SOME effort and gold.

In my case, I killed 20 bosses, and would have received the cruiser had ANOTHER glitch not left my count at 12 instead of 20. I have neither the cruiser, nor the rifle.

I just would like to be at the same place as everyone else who participated... and no, I am not calling for others to be stripped.

Love this game as always, but am unsettled by the last few events and the stability of the environment.

Cheers!

Murda
09-08-2012, 10:19 AM
My easy predictions.

1. Gree screws this up too.

2. Much moaning will be observed on the forum

Nyx
09-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Sucks that you didn't get anything, Erik. :( I was surprised I got the cruiser at all because my fight tally was screwed up as well, saying I only had 6/20 when the chief was at level 19. I sent in a ticket the day before I finished the event and was pleasantly surprised to see the reward pop up for the cruiser.

Well, why is it ok to treat everyone the same for the event but not treat everyone the same for M4A1s? Sure, those who farmed them put in the time to get them but it still left an extremely unfair advantage over those who started the game after the nerf. Anyway, this is an entirely different argument and derails the thread. I was just trying to illustrate that this was GREEd's screw up and players who played the event legitimately (didn't glitch farm the boss) and got the cruiser should be able to keep it.

erik
09-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Sucks that you didn't get anything, Erik. :( I was surprised I got the cruiser at all because my fight tally was screwed up as well, saying I only had 6/20 when the chief was at level 19. I sent in a ticket the day before I finished the event and was pleasantly surprised to see the reward pop up for the cruiser.

Well, why is it ok to treat everyone the same for the event but not treat everyone the same for M4A1s? Sure, those who farmed them put in the time to get them but it still left an extremely unfair advantage over those who started the game after the nerf. Anyway, this is an entirely different argument and derails the thread. I was just trying to illustrate that this was GREEd's screw up and players who played the event legitimately (didn't glitch farm the boss) and got the cruiser should be able to keep it.

Totally agree on the event opinion! 100%! (For glitch farming I meant Map bosses)

I think the M4s is just apples and oranges to this (understand others may disagree!) My thought is that a 5 day? single event that has yet to be sorted out must have a common outcome for everyone. The M4 situation, whether you have them or not, was a long standing environment in CC, (not like a mossberg scenario either). It was long standing reality, mistake or not with players allocating literally 100% of their energy for months. You can't logistically undo that, and in the current game, new players have access to a flow of weapons with inflated values from the old days. Even someone like myself with modest stats is taking M4s daily off my attk/def.

And one thing is for certain, with 500 M4s, I get attacked every 2 hours without fail. I can also spent every stamina point I have on folks I could easily beat without a single one of my M4 points. It doesn't have to limit anyones game... Gold is the only way to sit on top of the pack if that is where one wants to be.

Nyx
09-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Totally agree on the event opinion! 100%! (For glitch farming I meant Map bosses)

I think the M4s is just apples and oranges to this (understand others may disagree!) My thought is that a 5 day? single event that has yet to be sorted out must have a common outcome for everyone. The M4 situation, whether you have them or not, was a long standing environment in CC, (not like a mossberg scenario either). It was long standing reality, mistake or not with players allocating literally 100% of their energy for months. You can't logistically undo that, and in the current game, new players have access to a flow of weapons with inflated values from the old days. Even someone like myself with modest stats is taking M4s daily off my attk/def.

And one thing is for certain, with 500 M4s, I get attacked every 2 hours without fail. I can also spent every stamina point I have on folks I could easily beat without a single one of my M4 points. It doesn't have to limit anyones game... Gold is the only way to sit on top of the pack if that is where one wants to be.

I could try to equate the months of energy expenditures for M4a1s to those of us who spent gold for the event when the initial prize was the cruiser. I know for certain that I would have spent no gold had the event pop up displayed the gun instead and I sure I'm not alone. But I get what you're saying, Erik. I'm picking up what you're throwin down. ;)

Lonestoner
09-08-2012, 11:26 AM
They made a typo, and what you iOS users have so hastily pointed out before is the fact that gree doesn't have to do anything they don't want to do since this is F2P. Hell, be happy you have a boss event at all! They owe you nothing, and you have no rights to anything. A typo is a typo, misleading or not. They don't have to make up for their mistakes. Just be happy with your 20+ decent items that you got free, and move on. Maybe they'll surprise you with a nice shiny item, maybe not.

If you're feeling down, just think about how big your advantage is over android users. That should make you feel a little better.

Sounds like an iOS user's response to an android user's gripe, doesn't it? It typically does consist of something like this.

dudeman
09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
They made a typo, and what you iOS users have so hastily pointed out before is the fact that gree doesn't have to do anything they don't want to do since this is F2P. Hell, be happy you have a boss event at all! They owe you nothing, and you have no rights to anything. A typo is a typo, misleading or not. They don't have to make up for their mistakes. Just be happy with your 20+ decent items that you got free, and move on. Maybe they'll surprise you with a nice shiny item, maybe not.

If you're feeling down, just think about how big your advantage is over android users. That should make you feel a little better.

Sounds like an iOS user's response to an android user's gripe, doesn't it? It typically does consist of something like this.

Does that mean you now understand WHY iOS users give that response to android complaints? I don't recall doing so myself, but it's because we get shafted like that all the time too.

Getting shafted by GREEdzio is not android exclusive. Just so you know. :cool:

Lonestoner
09-08-2012, 12:00 PM
That's the thing, even though you feel like you're getting shafted, you aren't. Having the boss event at all is a bonus; the first item you get from it puts you at an advantage over android users.

I'd hate to have to bring up a comparison between the boss events and the android exclusive events, but, it's completely obvious they aren't even attempting to even the playing field yet.

I mean, really.. 14/10 for the 5 item prize on the current event. As I stated before, this isn't even as good as a sawn-off shotgun. Pretty weak attempt at a "special" item. Hell, the second item is basically equivalent to a chain whip, and that takes 10 event items.

How long does it take to get 10 event items? Possbly the whole event; I ended the last one at 9.

How long does it take to beat the first two bosses? Less than 5 minutes.

Sorry, but, I have no remorse for anything bad that happens to iOS users since they're so pampered already. I like a bunch of you guys, but, you get catered to all the time.. It's time for some android love.

You hear that greedzio? It's time for some android love!

Olly1
09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
That's the thing, even though you feel like you're getting shafted, you aren't. Having the boss event at all is a bonus; the first item you get from it puts you at an advantage over android users.

1) This isn't an adroid vs iOS issue
2) Are the people that used gold to get to boss 20 for the sole purpose of getting the chiefs car (as per the splash screen advertisement) not getting shafted if they have that car taken away from them?

Dravak
09-08-2012, 02:21 PM
1) This isn't an adroid vs iOS issue
2) Are the people that used gold to get to boss 20 for the sole purpose of getting the chiefs car (as per the splash screen advertisement) not getting shafted if they have that car taken away from them?

I think this one is going to be hard to swallow , for people like HZ who normally don't spent money on gold .
It would be a game breaker ...

Sorry they messed up they should let this one slip , nothing else !
The 1200 stats in the long term doesn't mean much , sure short term it seems a lot .
But way too many people gotten the car legitly , for them to go trough and fix it all .
Would only bring anger and resentment ! it is simply PR versus a BUG .
Too bad if all benefited from the bug , then it was simple to solve .
But since not all benefited from the bug , it has a problem too ..
But if people paid money to get it , then they should let it go .

M00nsh1n3
09-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Gree response:

Thanks for contacting us about this. The goal's tracking of the epic boss kill count is a display bug, we have records of every kill you make. After the event ends, next week engineering will pull the players and their number of epic boss goal kills and we can distribute prizes to the players that were affected by this bug.

So... Am I losing my car?

Lonestoner
09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Are the people that used gold to get to boss 20 for the sole purpose of getting the chiefs car (as per the splash screen advertisement) not getting shafted if they have that car taken away from them?

No I can agree with that completely. I'm just so damn sour with this game right now, I can't even put it to words.

It truly disgusts me that a guy got over 7k atk and 8k def in a week from that event, even if it did cost him ~300g. If you add up all 6 items that are even possible to get from this crap leaderboard event, they'll barely equal 2200 atk and 1500 def, and that's IF you make it into the top 10 for the top two items (which means spending gold, possibly more than 300). This inequality is absolutely unacceptable. The first (5 item) prize is absolutely laughable. Even the second one is.

Yet there still has been no change to anything. No updates. No anniversary event participation prize, or word on it.

Nothing.

Yet people still buy gold. Maybe taking the vehicles away from the people that thought they earned them would be the last straw with iOS users, and maybe they'd take a hint at stopping buying gold. Most likely not, since apparently some people on here have so much money they just want to throw it away, while in the meantime giving the devs all the reason to keep the game the way it is; pumping out crap events to make money, while doing nothing else.

kitzune
09-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Agreed with this as, After I got the 20 kills with only 9/20 showing on quest for the cruiser and waiting two days with no response, I will be very mad that after using precious gift certificates to get gold so I didn't lose out on the cruiser. If I lose that I better get that gold back as the other items are not the upgrade to offense and defense for me that the cruiser is.

If it wasn't a good item then I wouldn't have gotten the gold to get it. I didn't use a credit card but Itunes gift card. But I would think about letting other means for complaining beyond Gree is it comes to that.

Thanos
09-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow! How nice! Man you think they can fix it? I doubt it. Look at all the problems they have. That's a lot of fixin!
My cheif mission is still there now,and have been screwy since start. I got the cruiser at 20 and now I'm losing it? Great...
I don't buy gold so it was really nice being able to have an item that I can use to compete a ill bit.
Let's hope the next one is right so they don't have another thing to fix!
Easy fix, give all that hit him at 20 the cruiser. Done deal! Get the next Boss mission right.
As far as iOS vs android- I agree that it should be on android and stop doing bosses until they hook up all plats and correctly.
Beta testers get busy. Make that $$$$$

Canoehead
09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Yet people still buy gold. Maybe taking the vehicles away from the people that thought they earned them would be the last straw with iOS users, and maybe they'd take a hint at stopping buying gold. Most likely not, since apparently some people on here have so much money they just want to throw it away, while in the meantime giving the devs all the reason to keep the game the way it is; pumping out crap events to make money, while doing nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Lonestone, what you say falls on deaf ears. I have suggested repeatedly that a concerted commitment to stop buying gold, if only for a limited time, would get an immediate and positive response, and I have suggested that the major gangs in the game are a natural constituency around which to organize this. I haven't had one bite to my suggestion, so obviously no one cares enough to really do anything. Not surprised as unions are a dying thing

Olly1
09-08-2012, 04:21 PM
@Dravak - I'm thinking exactly the same but if gree favours gold spenders over non spenders there will still be issues. Unfortunately I imagine it will be a lose-lose for both the players and gree

@Moonshine - It definitely doesn't sound like people will lose already awarded prizes with that statement but that statement alone is not worth going by. It was only written by tech support and not their PR department so we shouldn't read too much into how he worded it I think

@Lonestoner - yeah I think you're right on the unbalanced part. It may make the leader board events slightly less profitable. But the boss' are great events, when they work properly. I think those people buying gold will change quite heavily if gree don't handle this the right way

Aid
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't hold your breath for Gree to fix anything. If breathing was not an automatic reflex 99% of their work force would be on the floor dead.

Lonestoner
09-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Don't hold your breath for Gree to fix anything. If breathing was not an automatic reflex 99% of their work force would be on the floor dead.

So true. What's a shame is, gold spenders keep them that way. I can't understand how a company can even be like this, honestly. Never seen such little care for your customers in anything else. Even Comcast has better customer support, and that's not saying much.

And before some ass thinks he's clever, yes, you can be a non-paying customer. If you really prefer, switch the word customer with consumer. I don't care, the point is still there. ;)

Thanos
09-08-2012, 05:40 PM
I would like to think its not a greed issue but a "lack off" paying attention to what they are rolling out. Done properly they could make great money off pay players (since people with money love to spend it) and provide a good game for free as well.

Vile Lynn
09-08-2012, 05:57 PM
(sometimes I think GREE does this garbage just to see how p!ssy players will get on the forum)

I beat him 20 times, used gold, not much, would like the car but will hopefully get the rifle, eventually.
Seems like they couldn't have messed up this event more.

Thanos
09-08-2012, 06:37 PM
No doubt you should get the car since using gold. That's what you were shooting for when spending.
Everyone that won 20x's should get it. If won more then give them the gun.

Auxilium
09-09-2012, 03:48 AM
I wouldn't compare this to 4 or 5 months of effort farming M4s, but in a single week event, everyone does need to be treated the same, period.

This means either everyone gets the cruiser at 20 or no one does. I think in a single event scenario they goofed, as opposed to a glitch (boss farming...) that is exploited should not result in everyone losing what they received. It is a single item... and lots of bad pr, as opposed to a lot of happy customers in a one time windfall for SOME effort and gold.

In my case, I killed 20 bosses, and would have received the cruiser had ANOTHER glitch not left my count at 12 instead of 20. I have neither the cruiser, nor the rifle.

I just would like to be at the same place as everyone else who participated... and no, I am not calling for others to be stripped.

Love this game as always, but am unsettled by the last few events and the stability of the environment.

Cheers!

Wish i was as good as you in explaining. Because what you just wrote is 100% what i think and feel about the situation.