PDA

View Full Version : Thanks CCM!!

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I wasn't sure if anyone looked at those reports - but looks like you did - thanks for acting on that.
This is getting tedious for sure with these trolls...........

Burn
09-07-2012, 11:47 AM
At the base of each individual post there is a slightly lighter bar (the one with Reply, Reply with Quote etc on it), to the far left of that bar below avatar, you will see an upwards pointing grey arrow - clicking that allows you to report individual posts, presumably with a message direct to CCM.

I dislike snitchers, but in this instance, if you have dumbos and dimwits setting up multiple forum accounts to do nothing but troll and bait, then report their stoopid asses.

Obviously anyone from CK, can also use the button to report anything at all that I say, because I'm satan.

Everyone else can use the facility to report people that have clearly rocked up here for no reason other than being a pain in the butt.

A better longterm solution might be a sticky from CCM stating that multiple accounts set up for trolling may result in an outright IP ban, because people using multiple accounts just to p*ss people off is now an almost daily occurence on here.

Paulio
09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info. I just reported this ^ post

Burn
09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Actually made me laugh ;)

Paulio
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Glad I could return the favor

Deluxe
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
At the base of each individual post there is a slightly lighter bar (the one with Reply, Reply with Quote etc on it), to the far left of that bar below avatar, you will see an upwards pointing grey arrow - clicking that allows you to report individual posts, presumably with a message direct to CCM.

I dislike snitchers, but in this instance, if you have dumbos and dimwits setting up multiple forum accounts to do nothing but troll and bait, then report their stoopid asses.

Obviously anyone from CK, can also use the button to report anything at all that I say, because I'm satan.

Everyone else can use the facility to report people that have clearly rocked up here for no reason other than being a pain in the butt.

A better longterm solution might be a sticky from CCM stating that multiple accounts set up for trolling may result in an outright IP ban, because people using multiple accounts just to p*ss people off is now an almost daily occurence on here.

Id call it more of a triangle than an upward arrow...

BOS
09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Id call it more of a triangle than an upward arrow...

Yea, a triangle with an exclamation point. Come on Burn....

Burn
09-07-2012, 12:15 PM
It used to be a whole arrow, Gree nerfed it.

BOS
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM

:P, Doesn't surprise me

Crime City Mark
09-07-2012, 12:19 PM

It was always the triangle, actually.

That said, if I catch someone making multiple accounts to harass I do generally throw out an IP ban. It's not always obvious because some people use multiple IPs.

Paulio
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Mark, you know what would be a cool addition to an IP ban? Making a sticky with the name of the troll and all their identities. This way, we don't get worked up and we know to put them on the ignore list when they show up.

mxz
09-07-2012, 12:25 PM
That said, if I catch someone making multiple accounts to harass I do generally throw out an IP ban. It's not always obvious because some people use multiple IPs.Is this an implicit sanctioning of alters? As long as their purpose isn't to harass? Interesting...

Dravak
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Mark, you know what would be a cool addition to an IP ban? Making a sticky with the name of the troll and all their identities. This way, we don't get worked up and we know to put them on the ignore list when they show up.

I agree with Paulio on this one , name and shame calling is much more effective then IP ban.
Since they use proxy/different IP to bypass it often .

Just ban the main account service as warning , sure things get heated and disputed but a repeat offender , is very annoying .
Didn't even bother to even give comment to that person .

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
It was always the triangle, actually.

That said, if I catch someone making multiple accounts to harass I do generally throw out an IP ban. It's not always obvious because some people use multiple IPs.

Also - the semi-naked butt avatar - that's a bit sexist - isnt that against the rules?

Just sayin......

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I agree with Paulio on this one , name and shame calling is much more effective then IP ban.
Since they use proxy/different IP to bypass it often .

Just ban the main account service as warning , sure things get heated and disputed but a repeat offender , is very annoying .
Didn't even bother to even give comment to that person .

These people - well 2 or 3 in particular don't seem to be the type who get shamed easily - and they relish the attention .....KWIM?

Burn
09-07-2012, 12:44 PM
We'll do this the old fashioned way - we'll drive the witches towards CCM with burning torches, he can smash them in the face with the Ban Hammer, then we'll drown them in the village pond.

Dravak
09-07-2012, 12:44 PM
That is why I didn't bother , was a waste of time Sasha , sorry got all the answers I need .
So let them spam the forum for attention , not interested in it anymore .

Sure some fun ,drama ,annoyance , leg pulling, conspiracy theorie, trolling, will always excist .
But not going to waste time with even reading that crap or feel annoyed by it .
They should seek help if they are not able to distinquish reality from fantasy , and using the game excuse for everything.

Burn
09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Alternatively, another football forum (proper football, not hug egg) i use, that utilises this same forum system, has partial IP shown in footer of posts - enough of a deterrent to stop casual multiple accounting.

Deluxe
09-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Glad I could return the favor

The above would be an upward pointing arrow...

That was supposed to quote paulios msg w/ '^'

Deluxe
09-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Surprise surprise lol

Dravak
09-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Well burn some cases like forcing mark into banning you , pure out of emotions or cause he has to obey the rules.
And then creating another , usually clams the original offender down .

I mean this is one crazy community after all , wouldn't want to be in CCM or Er shoes ..
It is like takes forever to find who is who , and what reason they are doing it .
Then there are some really screwed nutcases , that takes roleplaying to a new level of grievances ..
Without thinking about anybody else then themselfs .

So I don't know , it is tough call anyway to make for them , cause we had threads in the past , that tried to explain people who they were , or are .
Nowadays that is impossible , sorry everything you say will and can be used against you .
So getting back the social community feeling on the forum , like on MW is almost impossible currently on CC.
Not going to blaim anyone since we are all responsible for our own actions .
It is just one giant minefield currently . maybe no more multiple accounts for CC forums is advisable .
Or bannable offense , to solve the problem , but just like cheaters in game !
You need a fulltime forum admin to uphold that , and still some people slide trough the cracks .

TonySpaghetti
09-07-2012, 01:00 PM
I mean this is one crazy community after all , wouldn't want to be in CCM or Er shoes ..

Er? Never heard of him.

Dravak
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Er? Never heard of him.

That new guy who suppose to help CCM out on the forums ;) the twitter guy erwin .

TonySpaghetti
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
That new guy who suppose to help CCM out on the forums ;) the twitter guy erwin .

Nope. No clue who you're talking about.

Dravak
09-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Nope. No clue who you're talking about.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39097-Introducing-thesyllable-(er)!

(pst I know you are pulling my leg ;) , but some people really don't know)

Steve0
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Funny, Yeah he was suppose to help CCM out but looks like he fell short. could we bring back la fizzle(spelling ?)

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
So what's this whole thread about? Did I miss something?

I hope it wasn't drama... I love the forum drama!

Crime City Mark
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Funny, Yeah he was suppose to help CCM out but looks like he fell short. could we bring back la fizzle(spelling ?)

He's actually been doing a lot of work prior to being introduced on the forums. He's a huge help to me.

Dravak
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
So what's this whole thread about? Did I miss something?

I hope it wasn't drama... I love the forum drama!

HAHAHAHA she missed it , bad kitteh she really missed it .... lol so much for paying attention to the forums .

TonySpaghetti
09-07-2012, 01:11 PM
He's actually been doing a lot of work prior to being introduced on the forums. He's a huge help to me.

Seems to me he's already been introduced to the forums. Or was I hallucinating?

BOS
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM

CCM, any clue when "Anniversary" prizes are going out?

Burn
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm imagining this conversation...

CCM: Erwin u little ******, did you sneak onto the forums while i was on vacation?

Er: Nooooo

CCM: Yes you did, I'm currently reading the thread you started

Er: It was Burn

TonySpaghetti
09-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm imagining this conversation...

CCM: Erwin u little ******, did you sneak onto the forums while i was on vacation?

Er: Nooooo

CCM: Yes you did, I'm currently reading the thread you started

Er: It was Burn

Me startum thread. Me makeum booboo. LOL

joaquim
09-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I know the guy got banned but I went to bed before the whole thing went down. Was it an IP ban or just regular permanent forum ban?

Olly1
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Mark suggested an ip ban. But that doesn't mean who ever was trolling still isn't here as a lot of people use multiple ips (eg phone, wifi etc)

Dravak
09-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Mark suggested an ip ban. But that doesn't mean who ever was trolling still isn't here as a lot of people use multiple ips (eg phone, wifi etc)

Yup probaly is still here and around , will be around forever I am afraid .
So will just ignore that person :p ..
And do beter things with my time . :)

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 02:40 PM
And do beter things with my time . :)

Can someone link me to what happened or can someone PM me or give me the low down?!

I'm sooooo curious!!!!

This is the most commotion I've seen here in a while! :D

mxz
09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Can someone link me to what happened or can someone PM me or give me the low down?!

I'm sooooo curious!!!!

This is the most commotion I've seen here in a while! :DLook up any thread Burn's been in and then look for any posts by Burnoness...or Burningass or something like that. Basically just more trolling from our favorite gender confused Floridian.

Boom
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
And do beter things with my time . :)Who?? PM me please Im just curious..

TonySpaghetti
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Look up any thread Burn's been in and then look for any posts by Burnoness...or Burningass or something like that. Basically just more trolling from our favorite gender confused Floridian.

I think all the posts have been removed.

TruthHurts
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Look up any thread Burn's been in and then look for any posts by Burnoness...or Burningass or something like that. Basically just more trolling from our favorite gender confused Floridian.

This troll has no idea what it is doing, who it is,and which side it is on. It has been quite comical to watch this public nervous breakdown!

The question is, will it stay gone? I seriously doubt it!

Canoehead
09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Mark, you're alive! And even able to communicate. Great news, because after not having heard any answers to the questions about the anniversary event, and basic questions they were, and not having heard anything about results and prizes now for a week after the event has ended, I was sooo afraid that something terrible had happened to you, something even worse than having to be the front man for an incompetent and unresponsive company. I am sooo relieved. Can we pretty please have some answers now, and if you still feel up to it after your long vacation, something about the screwed up boss event too (you know - things like is it twenty kills or fifty, is it a shotgun or a cruiser, is it only kills after the goal counter came up???). Now I've given myself a headache, so tell me pretty please, mark, where you went on vacation, so i can go there and rest too

Canoehead
09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Sorry about hijacking the thread, but we have to get Mark while we can, because he appears so rarely. Besides this is more important than banning Burn's enemies. Burn is a big boy and can take care of himself, as I llearned after he robbed me a few times without difficulty

Deluxe
09-07-2012, 06:02 PM
This troll has no idea what it is doing, who it is,and which side it is on. It has been quite comical to watch this public nervous breakdown!

The question is, will it stay gone? I seriously doubt it!

I saw 'it' calling someone else a fraud...gave me a tummy ache i laughed so hard (and right after i got done laughing i kinda started wishing 'it' got hit by a car)

TruthHurts
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I saw 'it' calling someone else a fraud...gave me a tummy ache i laughed so hard (and right after i got done laughing i kinda started wishing 'it' got hit by a car)

It has successfully blacklisted itself. It is hillarious, and the situation is funny too! 😁

mnju_03
09-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Paragraphs are our friend. Lol...

mnju_03
09-07-2012, 07:46 PM
You had me hello. Both of you!