PDA

View Full Version : Attacking Non-Income Buildings

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Hello peeps...

What happens when you attack a non-income building?

I noticed it's possible to attack defense buildings and factories and things...

Do they drop a level or something? or is it just to gain valor?

Fun
09-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Im sure it just gives BP, valour, and very low xp amounts

Arizona
09-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Hello peeps...

What happens when you attack a non-income building?

I noticed it's possible to attack defense buildings and factories and things...

Do they drop a level or something? or is it just to gain valor?
I'd assume the factories can't produce if they are hit. Defense buildings don't provide any points to their defense score.

Great_wall2
09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
If you raid and destroy boost buildings I believe you also negate the bonus that person receives from the building and consequently will lower their overall stats making them more vulnerable. At least until they repair it. Other than that you get valor and experience. Some people will raid non-income buildings first to see if they are strong enough to win an attack with someone.

Miner
09-07-2012, 08:33 AM
If you raid and destroy boost buildings I believe you also negate the bonus that person receives from the building and consequently will lower their overall stats making them more vulnerable. At least until they repair it. Other than that you get valor and experience. Some people will raid non-income buildings first to see if they are strong enough to win an attack with someone.

Great wall is right. If you take out their defense and boost buildings, they no longer factor into the player's stats. That's why people hide their composite factories. A lot of guys raid unit buildings just for BPs. It's a polite way to collect BPs and do as little damage to the opponent as possible.

Dreno33
09-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Im sure it just gives BP, valour, and very low xp amounts

does it really give lower exp than most?

Miner
09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
does it really give lower exp than most?

Don't think so. XP for me seems to be pretty random. I'll attack a guy and get only 1 XP then attack again and get 16.

Dreno33
09-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't think so. XP for me seems to be pretty random. I'll attack a guy and get only 1 XP then attack again and get 16.

i DO know that armories and supply depots gives the lowest avg experience than all other INCOME buildings, but idk about those buildings. attacking, well that's always random lol

Fun
09-07-2012, 09:01 AM
does it really give lower exp than most? when I raid them I get low xp all the time but when I attack it gives more

Dreno33
09-07-2012, 09:03 AM
when I raid them I get low xp all the time but when I attack it gives more

go raid some armories, those give mostly 1, sometimes 2, and RARELY 3 exp each hit. i have never had 4 exp from those.

Miner
09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
go raid some armories, those give mostly 1, sometimes 2, and RARELY 3 exp each hit. i have never had 4 exp from those.

Aren't you down at level 18-19 or something though? I have a feeling XP dished out increase with XP levels. I could be wrong though.

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 09:08 AM
OK - so if someone attacks my defense building for instance, I have to then repair it? or does it automatically repair with time?

Miner
09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
OK - so if someone attacks my defense building for instance, I have to then repair it? or does it automatically repair with time?

You have to repair it.

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 09:19 AM
You have to repair it.

Is the repair a time based process? Does it take up a "upgrading" slot? or can I upgrade and repair at the same time?

So if someone attacks my shipyard I can't build ships till I repair it?

Miner
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Is the repair a time based process? Does it take up a "upgrading" slot? or can I upgrade and repair at the same time?

So if someone attacks my shipyard I can't build ships till I repair it?

No, it doesn't cost anything and takes only a second or two per building. Just tap on it and the red bar will refill and you're done.

An un-repaired unit building has no effect on you. You can still buy sea units. At least I think that's accurate.

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
No, it doesn't cost anything and takes only a second or two per building. Just tap on it and the red bar will refill and you're done.

An un-repaired unit building has no effect on you. You can still buy sea units. At least I think that's accurate.

I appreciate everyone's comments on this. Adds a bit of a twist to the game :D

Dreno33
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Aren't you down at level 18-19 or something though? I have a feeling XP dished out increase with XP levels. I could be wrong though.

with buildings, no. always the same exp table used. same goes for CC. as for attacking, never really paid attention since i dont attack really

Ryans67
09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm 129, and armories and supply depots still give 1-2 experience, with the very last hit being double. Just like the money earned, the exp also doubles. The higher the level of the building, the higher the experience also. With defensive buildings, it seemed like they gave higher experience then the supply and armories. Also, you will experience higher casualties when attacking defensive buildings, in my experience.

Agent Orange
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM

It's determined by level and stats so someone at a low level would not know this.

elangomatt
09-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Is anything besides xp affected at all when raiding instead of attacking? I really just care mostly about building BP right now but always thought that you got less BP when raiding for some reason. It also seems like I have more casualties when raiding as well, but maybe that person had a bunch of defensive buildings or something.

edit... okay I just tried to raid a few no income buildings and I had a lot of unit losses. I think I lost at least 1000 valor points worth of units in just about 3 raids. When I went back to regular attacking I barely had any loss again. it is not like I was very close to this player they had about 1 fourth of my attack, it just seems like my casualty rate sky rocketed when I was raiding.

Ranger4Life
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Are BP affected at all when raiding instead of attacking? I really just care mostly about building BP right now but always thought that you got less BP when raiding for some reason. It also seems like I have more casualties when raiding as well, but maybe that person had a bunch of defensive buildings or something.

From my experience, over 40,000 battles, when you raid someone, their defensive boosts aren't added unless there is a building close by. I sometimes see a 50 point drop in BP's when raiding vs attacking.

azy
09-08-2012, 07:29 AM
I've been looking into this very carefully over the past few months because I wanted BP without leveling up too much.

1. Different building types return different XP amount. But a given building type always returns the same XP. However, the third hit on a building returns a different mount than hit one and two.

2. Raiding a boost building does indeed negate that boost until it's repaired. But this only seems to be the case for a full three-hit raid. Merely injuring a building with one or two hits does not seem to produce any results.

3. The formula that calculates how many BPs you receive when attacking or raiding a player is as of yet unknown.

4. But for given player, you receive the same BPs whether you attack or raid him, as long as your respective stats do not change. If you become stronger, BPs will drop. If he becomes stronger, BPs will increase. This BP number associated with a specific player is constant in time. What you get today is what you'll get tomorrow, all else being equal.

5. An implication of the above is that raiding boost buildings affect stats. So if a raid/attack on a player returns 100 BPs, taking his Airship Hangar offline with three raids will reduce that number. Take out his electronic factory on top of that and BPs will drop further. Some non-boost buildings also have that effect.

6. All else being equal (attack, defense, boost), you seem to get more BPs from players of higher levels.

This is my understanding, derived from 28,000 fights and 19,000 raids.

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes AZY is on the money. Raiding boosts drops their stats but only after the 3rd hit. This applies to boosts, def and unit buildings.

FYI, I'm nice and have worked with a friend before to raid each other for BP. We could easily ally but gain nothing. Mutual working relationship can work for both. I raid him, he raids me. We leave each others money buildings alone but hit each others def buildings. Recently we started to do only 2 hits per def building. This allows us to get BP but in return won't reduce the others person def that comes from their def building. I don't want to expose him to attacks from others.

That allowed both of us to hit Colonel quickly. But haven't been doing it much recently as I've been doing raids and attacks for money at times on other players.

Ranger4Life
09-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I've been looking into this very carefully over the past few months because I wanted BP without leveling up too much.

1. Different building types return different XP amount. But a given building type always returns the same XP. However, the third hit on a building returns a different mount than hit one and two.

2. Raiding a boost building does indeed negate that boost until it's repaired. But this only seems to be the case for a full three-hit raid. Merely injuring a building with one or two hits does not seem to produce any results.

3. The formula that calculates how many BPs you receive when attacking or raiding a player is as of yet unknown.

4. But for given player, you receive the same BPs whether you attack or raid him, as long as your respective stats do not change. If you become stronger, BPs will drop. If he becomes stronger, BPs will increase. This BP number associated with a specific player is constant in time. What you get today is what you'll get tomorrow, all else being equal.

5. An implication of the above is that raiding boost buildings affect stats. So if a raid/attack on a player returns 100 BPs, taking his Airship Hangar offline with three raids will reduce that number. Take out his electronic factory on top of that and BPs will drop further. Some non-boost buildings also have that effect.

6. All else being equal (attack, defense, boost), you seem to get more BPs from players of higher levels.

This is my understanding, derived from 28,000 fights and 19,000 raids.

I know for certain that #4 is false. I never noticed the difference until I dropped my allies significantly, <100, but when I did I found that it appears that the collective addition you get from boost buildings isn't added while raiding.

Example: I attack one guy that I get 110BP for, but when I raid a building that is covered by a defensive building I get 65BP. When I raid a building near a few defensive buildings, I get 78BP. Then once I take out the defensive buildings, it goes back to 65BP.

I have tested this on dozens of people.

Ranger4Life
09-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree 100% with everything else, and once again I didn't even notice my above statement until I dropped allies.

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree 100% with everything else, and once again I didn't even notice my above statement until I dropped allies.

Yes I missed #4. Attack and raid can be different. I've seen it vary slightly by a few points in raid do I thought it was the defenses covering it but never cared much to test. I only saw maybe 2-5 varriance on 300BP hits. Level could be a factor and higher % in lower levels so I can't confirm.

elangomatt
09-09-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry but there is still something I am curious about. Does the casualty percentage change at all when attacking a player versus raiding? My HLP has about 40k attack and I was attacking someone with ~5k attack. I think I attacked him about 15 times and lost one or two meatshield units. I decided to raid a couple times (non-money building), and first raid I lost a super hornet and a mine launcher. Next raid I lost a cruiser and a jet worth 120k I think. Went back to attack a few more times and no more losses. Did I just have really horrible luck? There might have been a couple guard towers in the area, but i don't see how that could make much of a difference when i normally have very few losses from players up to about 10k defense most of the time.