PDA

View Full Version : Why anroid

Bala82
09-07-2012, 06:22 AM
I had to post to this with everyone who's on android and members saying to buy I-Phone:rolleyes:

Well too all you i=phone people (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/what-iphones-cost-to-make.html)

Tragik
09-07-2012, 06:33 AM
English mother ****er, do you speak it?

dudeman
09-07-2012, 06:43 AM

Maybe you missed the link?

I had post this with everyone who on android and members saying to buy I-Phone

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/what-iphones-cost-to-make.html

Bala82
09-07-2012, 06:46 AM
With language like that you can tell who taught you :eek:

sister morphine
09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Right or wrong, it's a "premium" product. What are the manufacturing costs of an equivalent Android phone like the Galaxy S3?

NTM
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM

lol.. hey man u talk english ? me too litle but what u talk more ? maybe nothing ? ok so don't talk.

example : i talk french cuz i'm french, u talk french ? maybe yes maybe no :)

i love people who they think they are god !

anyway be cool bro, take a pause i think the game is bad for u, look at u ur angry lol...

back on topic : i have Iphone and Android but Iphone are for noob who can't type on normal computer ! remeber that, any1 on Mac or Iphone are just a noob (lol)

like megaupload when he close lol. all is lost.. but ? always the same thing on web.. but not for Noob from megaupload :)

cheerrrrrrrrrrrrrrs :)

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Well English isn't his 1st language - but no reason to be rude or try to embarass the guy.

Leave Bala alone - he's my buddy!!

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
But aside from that Bala - Androids suck.........

Paulio
09-07-2012, 10:25 AM

I've been waiting for the iPhone 5, but I read a bunch of reviews and finally caved in to buy the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I do not regret it. The only way I see the iPhone 5 being better is if it cooks my dinner, pours my drinks and brings my slippers.

Bala82
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM

But it's cheaper ?

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I've been waiting for the iPhone 5, but I read a bunch of reviews and finally caved in to buy the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I do not regret it. The only way I see the iPhone 5 being better is if it cooks my dinner, pours my drinks and brings my slippers.

I have a BBerry but use an IPad for CC - I LOVE IT.......
i dont think I could play as well on the small screen.

when my phone plan runs out this year I'm pretty sure I will switch to an IPhone because I don't like the new BBerry models anyway and I really hate droids.

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 10:38 AM
But it's cheaper ?

Fortunately for me - that isn't an issue.............lol

TonySpaghetti
09-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I have a BBerry but use an IPad for CC - I LOVE IT.......
i dont think I could play as well on the small screen.

when my phone plan runs out this year I'm pretty sure I will switch to an IPhone because I don't like the new BBerry models anyway and I really hate droids.

The Bold 9900 is nice. That's my work cell.

Bala82
09-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Fortunately for me - that isn't an issue.............lol

It's been ages since i have chatted to you- What been going on in your hood anything good happen ? :)

Sandukan
09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
IOS is way more stable than android.
You're paying for stability and a chance at Crime City glory. Right now we are cannon fodder.
Stay in your lane and play your role.....be the best cannon fodder you can be.

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM
It's been ages since i have chatted to you- What been going on in your hood anything good happen ? :)

just building my 2nd NC - but the hood is looking very nice if I do say so myself. Stop by - visit my teepee if you like. I won't hurt you.............lol

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 11:22 AM
The Bold 9900 is nice. That's my work cell.

is that the one with both a keypad and on screen - it looks awkward.
Also - I have the old model with the track ball - which I love but I have a harder time with the track pad - maybe my nails..........

Sandukan
09-07-2012, 11:25 AM
just building my 2nd NC - but the hood is looking very nice if I do say so myself. Stop by - visit my teepee if you like. I won't hurt you.............lol
Can I see....?

Bala82
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Well i am saving up to upgrade my loft to Level 3 but last week i got both my MT from 5 to 6. :). it's a slow work in progress

Sasha54
09-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Well i am saving up to upgrade my loft to Level 3 but last week i got both my MT from 5 to 6. :). it's a slow work in progress

Well it seems to be coming along - boy you really are doing this camping thing...........lol

What's the next building on your list?

Are you happy with your stats - do you get hit a lot - not sure what they should be for your level.

I only actually have my Lofts at lvl 3 - been spending on other things - I seem to like shiny NEW buildings...lol
But should get busy upgrading those I guess

Good that you have Gattlings - but the Turret guns are a bit of a waste I think

Bala82
09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Yes i get hit a lot but it's nice to see all green in empire times. :). Only player with more 8K attack stats can beat me :)

As for average stats for my level most players are below, most have between 5-6K attack stats.

I know turret gun are waste but they are very cheap, i want to make use of the space in edge corner. :).

What's the next building on your list?

To build is Underboss' House or Upscale Club which ever come first
To Upgrade it would probably be House 7 to 8. I have a list that joaquim has suggested and following it :)

boy you really are doing this camping thing.

I am not really camping since i only level up every two weeks.

Bala82
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
IOS is way more stable than android.
You're paying for stability and a chance at Crime City glory. Right now we are cannon fodder.
Stay in your lane and play your role.....be the best cannon fodder you can be.

Here i thought you are just paying for brand name ?

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Android sucks? Let me explain something to you... iPhone is good... because it's so easy to use... people with no brain power can actually use the iphone to it's full potential...

Fortunately there is an option for people that really want their handheld to do everything shy of cooking their dinner (nice Paulio)...

Your old sasha... iphone is perfect for your kind :)

Ramshutu
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Iphone for the phone isn't actually that great. As a mobile computer it is very good. Apple do a number of things very well, including styling and usability. However, a good number of people confuse being more fashionable with being technically better. Honestly, comparing my HTC desire s vs the iphone, and there really isntt much in it.

Steve0
09-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Iphone for the phone isn't actually that great. As a mobile computer it is very good. Apple do a number of things very well, including styling and usability. However, a good number of people confuse being more fashionable with being technically better. Honestly, comparing my HTC desire s vs the iphone, and there really isntt much in it.you still playing CC did you start a new account?

Ramshutu
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
you still playing CC did you start a new account?

Started a new account, on android, so I am emotionally compromised. It wasn't possible for me to compete without a constant network connection and an unlimited data plan or more gold than I could shake a tsonfu at.

Liquidsky
09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I can across these today after reading this thread. hehe

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/100000/60000/2000/800/162861/162861.strip.gif
http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/100000/60000/4000/700/164765/164765.strip.sunday.gif

http://youtu.be/FFhjDX-DUew

_dan_
09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
I had post this with everyone who on android and members saying to buy I-Phone

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/what-iphones-cost-to-make.html

I've read the article and just laugh at the author's innocence & those idiots who believe that is true.

Well at least it is true in China where people can assembly stuff and sell with (fake) trademark. Everything is pretty easy in China, you do not have to invent anything, the touch screen, RAM, processor, design, LED, software etc. just steal it, download it, get it, buy it from somewhere and assembly those stuff together following an stolen design, then you have a phone that is called a smartphone.

Next step, just sell it with the cost of all parts & a little benefits, easy isn't it.

But you guys forget one thing, If no one invent it, how you can have it ? Is it free to invent something ? No, it costs millions $$$.

Do you know how much is a Chinese Galaxy S III smartphone (it is called Galaxy S III+)? 50 bucks. just 50 bucks, a unbeatable price for a smartphone.

Liquidsky
09-07-2012, 08:39 PM
But you guys forget one thing, If no one invent it, how you can have it ? Is it free to invent something ? No, it costs millions $$$.

And what exactly did Apple invent? Rounded rectangles? Double-tap / pinch to zoom? Snap-back scrolling? Swipe to unlock? The MP3 players? The GUI? The Personal Computer? the Cell Phone? The Internet?

The apple all-stars that made it the most valued company in history is not the R&D department, but the Marketing Department. They convince fanboys such as yourself to buy their products at huge profit margins. Samsung sells more smartphones, but Apple rakes in way more profit.

Dravak
09-07-2012, 08:45 PM
But isn't this always been the argument in the industry , it is never been what was technically beter .
Betamax VS VHS proven that , it was always the cost , ease of use , and dummy proof !

That wins out , lets take ATI and NVDIA , NVDIA wins not cause of beter quality , but cause beter driver support , you don't need to visit third party sites to get drivers even if your product is outdated.

There are a lot of issues , but Apple IOS wins hands down cause of customer support and ease of use .
While android is the beter phone and applications techwise , people do not wish to have all those options.
They want plug and play !

_dan_
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM
They invent everything that make the iPhone, iOS, touch screen, design, main board.

hey, what do you see?
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3238/imgthingp.png

An ink drop do you ?

Nah, it's a large white paper with an small ink drop. Understood ?

Liquidsky
09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
hey, what do you see?
No clue what your trying to say here... The "Big Picture" i am guessing?

The Big Picture is, Apple could sell the iPhone at a much lower price and still be extremely profitable. But because of fanatical iSheep, there have no reason to lower the price.

Yes, Apple makes a pretty and easy to use product, but it is way overpriced. Apple is a great company. Being the most valued company in history says it all. But please do not tell me it is because of revolutionary technological innovation.

And by the way... Samsung manufactures the A5 (the iPhone processor) and memory for Apple (and i think sharp manufactures the displays).

_dan_
09-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Ok, somehow you remind Robert William Kearns, the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper systems. There was a movie about the patent infringement cases against Ford Motor Company. (I remember in that movie, he used a book to prove something & won the case)

Let give an example about a book. What book ? A computer book for example. What does it cost ? 49 bucks.

- A book is a combinations of words and paper, for more precise ink & paper with the total cost is about 5 bucks.
- What about "words" ? The author does not invent words like a, computer, chip, RAM, etc., no he just combines words for his book, right ?

So, what do you think ? The book should cost 5 bucks, shouldn't it ? If so, no one write any books, they just wait for someone "combine" it and sell with the raw material price. Would you "combine" it ?

Liquidsky
09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Let give an example about a book.
That’s a terrible analogy and I am missing your point once again.

Authors are paid by royalties. I do not know a lot about publishing but I think 10% is pretty standard. And I don’t think that even JK Rowling made even half the per unit profit margin percent that the iPhone does.

Electronics are a lot more dependent on cost of goods sold. And if you feel that iOS is worth the high margin that Apple charges over a free OS (ok… ok… companies like Microsoft receive royalties per Android unit sold so it is technically not free), then by all means, keep throwing your money at Apple.

Don't get me wrong here. Apple should sell their products at the highest possible price to maximize shareholder wealth. What i guess i dont understand are the people willing to pay that price. And I guess if i did understand, i would be a multi billionaire.

And for my analogy: I would much rather spend $100 a year on a game like WoW than Crime City because it has a higher and much more tangible development and upkeep cost. It is hard for me to justify spending more than a few bucks a month on a game that cost a small fraction of a game like WoW costs to develop and maintain. (man, CC would be such a better game if a lot of people spent a little versus a few spending a lot, but i digress). But that's just me. To each his own.

In the end, it's all subjective.

_dan_
09-08-2012, 03:53 AM
all digital things are easy to produce, just make 1 and you can copy/duplicate it million times.

if you think Apple products (real things) are overpriced, why you're willing to pay $100 a year for a thing that can be copied at no cost ? Nonsense.

Bala82
09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/the-budget-smartphone-%E2%80%93-great-value-or-false-economy-.html

NC Rick
09-09-2012, 12:44 AM
I had to post to this with everyone who's on android and members saying to buy I-Phone:rolleyes:

Well too all you i=phone people (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/what-iphones-cost-to-make.html)

I use both. Have an Andriod @ level 103 and iPhone @ level 86. Probably spent about $200 or so on gold for the Android to get Tycoon status and buy premium money buildings. Only spent enough to upgrade to Tycoon on the iPhone. I'm trying this out to see how much of an edge the gold ends up giving me and also interesting to see the differences in the UI between the two. Both phone types are better than the other for certain things (assuming the Android being compared is a Galaxy or equivalent model vs. iPhone 4/4s).

Bala82
09-09-2012, 03:02 AM
You don't need gold to be strong if you have patience to build your account slowly -Gold is a fast track way to get better stats but requires no effort. That's the secret the longer you take to build your account the stronger you become.

Despite android being at a disadvantage compares IOS players we get enjoy the game for longer because of the disadvantage assuming player know how to level up slowly. i am always positive about being an andriod because of this fact. So what you get boss event we learn from your mistake so when it does become available to us we be better at the event. You I-phone players are our guinea pigs for the new stuff LOL.

Back on topic the main issue I-phone is how much it cost it's fact that i can't get brand new first generation I-phone. I don't want to buy a second hand one.

Daniel2115
09-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Despite android being at a disadvantage compares IOS players we get enjoy the game for longer because of the disadvantage assuming player know how to level up slowly. i am always positive about being an andriod because of this fact. So what you get boss event we learn from your mistake so when it does become available to us we be better at the event. You I-phone players are our guinea pigs for the new stuff .

People on iOS are the guinea pigs? Lol I guess you gotta tell yourself whatever you can to make yourself feel better. I'd rather be the guinea pig and get all the weapons that come along with it cause androids never going to catch up to the amount of boss events that iOS has. Im also not sure what you mean by "you get to enjoy the game longer because you know to level up slowly". I could be misunderstanding what you're trying to say, but how does that make any sense? iOS can level up just as slowly as android. Plus all the people just starting the game on iOS have all the info you have about the game and they have the epic boss events ontop of it.

Bala82
09-09-2012, 07:34 AM
People on iOS are the guinea pigs? Lol I guess you gotta tell yourself whatever you can to make yourself feel better. I'd rather be the guinea pig and get all the weapons that come along with it cause androids never going to catch up to the amount of boss events that iOS has. Im also not sure what you mean by "you get to enjoy the game longer because you know to level up slowly". I could be misunderstanding what you're trying to say, but how does that make any sense? iOS can level up just as slowly as android. Plus all the people just starting the game on iOS have all the info you have about the game and they have the epic boss events ontop of it.

Your probably right we will never catch up but my point about slow leveling is that you going against people who are on the way up level so fast because of the boss event , yes you get great prize but as the same time it put at a higher level which you may not be ready for you. This is just my opinion you can disagree if you want but you won't change my mind.

iOS can level up just as slowly as android

Yes your right but only experience player do that -majority of players don't, they make rookie mistakes like doing maps which put level them up too fast . I see player that are at same level as me and they have awful stats. They are at level 60 with Defence stats 2-3 K. They have awful economy and crap hoods. I been on here long enough to see player say they quit because they reached level 120 and have both nightclub and are bored of the game because they have level up too fast.