PDA

View Full Version : What classifies a whale

Mr who
09-07-2012, 05:50 AM
I would like to know. Any of you guys know
Is it around 50k or 100k or am I no where near.
The whale stats. And i've heard wt starts at round lv. 130
But even with low allies would you. Come across a whale?
Or am I way of. Anyways would like to know more about whales
MW whales not REAL WHALES before any of you jokers out there.

Tail gunner
09-07-2012, 06:07 AM
You had better ask Bronson, he plays MW and is from Whales.....

Miner
09-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Anyways would like to know more about whales
MW whales not REAL WHALES before any of you jokers out there.

Dang. I guess I'll delete my link to a wikipedia article on whales.

Whales are WAY up there in stats. I would assume well over 150k attack/defense. There's guys up there with 300k-400k stats and one guy I know with over 600k attack stats. They're all HEAVY gold spenders (obviously).

Mr who
09-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Miner. Very funny. Let me see that link before you delete it. Lol

Arizona
09-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Blowholes narrows down the classification... and believe me there's a few blowholes up there.
Oh crap. They're all writing down my name for their hitlists now.
C'est la vie:(

Agent Orange
09-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Well since I coined the term in relation to Modern War....

Same as the high rollers in Vegas, big spenders, high stats, inpossible to beat. As with the rivals list their stats tend to fluctuate upwards but basicaly a player at the top end of the stats in a level or grouping.

Maverick50727
09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Well since I coined the term in relation to Modern War....

Same as the high rollers in Vegas, big spenders, high stats, inpossible to beat. As with the rivals list their stats tend to fluctuate upwards but basicaly a player at the top end of the stats in a level or grouping.

LOL, yes. Big spenders with mostly gold armies. Typically "Whales" when talked about in the forum refers to people over 150-500K in stats over L150 and General rank or higher. But the term can be used to describe anyone that is in top of your level grouping and unbeatable with stats not possible without massive use of gold or possible to a "free player" buying the strongest cash units available to them at their level.

That is how I define it IMO, AO might agree.

Not sure but I think I coined the term "Sharks" in PM to others. Some people talk about whales and sharks and interchange the terms. They are close at times so it is hard to draw a line there.

Sharks are people with high level stats in you level grouping that are a step below the grand whales. They are people with high stats, but possible to any "free player" without the use of gold.

Sharks often are the more agressive players attacking and smelling the blood or money in the water of those around them. Whales in the highest levels 180-200 like those in PUN often have already reached the Spec Ops rank, have millions in IPH, completed most golas and don't attack people as much without provocation as there isn't a need as they have nearly maxed out in the game. Sharks are still rising and can be more dangerous since they have more of a need for things. Sharks are not invincible, Whales typically are. Sharks normally have spent very little gold to buy stats, but use strategy, farming loot and other tactics to get their stats slowly over time. Whales pay for the game, Sharks don't. A Whale can typically take down any Shark if they so choose.

I would classify JMC and myself as possible examples of sharks along with many other high level "free players"

sexkitteh
09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
being a "whale" must get boring... you basically by-pass all the game mechanics since none of your units can be destroyed... that doesn't sound very fun...

Maverick50727
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
being a "whale" must get boring... you basically by-pass all the game mechanics since none of your units can be destroyed... that doesn't sound very fun...
Yes I like challenge too so that is why I don't buy gold. Having a 100% gold army and can't lose is not for me. But to each their own. That is probably why you see the highest ones play mind games and do other activities to keep entertained within the game. I have no problem with that.

Developement of the old school events and indestructible units I thought were good at first, but then I saw at the rate they were going if I participated I would eventually had a 100% indestructible army of reward loot units. Yes much lower strength but then people could do no damage other than take my money. I really didn't like the direction it was going so fast and being force into having a indestructible army. IMO I would rather use strategy and cash units only a have nothing that is indestructible, just a much lower chance of loss. Seems more fun and challenging that way to me.

Speed ump
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Being a whale is not boring at all, at least for me and my friends. We are having great fun. It's all about how you play the game. Getting your rear pounded all the time obviously gets to many players in a bad way. They use vulgar and racist language, make threats, etc. maybe that's some people's definition of not boring, but it dosnt work for me. I don't think being a whale or not has anything to do with your game being boring, it's what you bring to it, and how you play. If you ask around I think most will tell you we have done some very intresting, funny things in the game. If you just play the game as most do, it would be boring, I can see that.

Fl@sh
09-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Being a whale is not boring at all, at least for me and my friends. We are having great fun. It's all about how you play the game. Getting your rear pounded all the time obviously gets to many players in a bad way. They use vulgar and racist language, make threats, etc. maybe that's some people's definition of not boring, but it dosnt work for me. I don't think being a whale or not has anything to do with your game being boring, it's what you bring to it, and how you play. If you ask around I think most will tell you we have done some very intresting, funny things in the game. If you just play the game as most do, it would be boring, I can see that.
I have quite a bit of fun seeing the back and forth on your wall. I find it hilarious that someone with stats 1/10th of yours talking about how they are going to pound you. Sometimes I just can't get enough...

Dr. Dengus
09-07-2012, 01:29 PM
I have quite a bit of fun seeing the back and forth on your wall. I find it hilarious that someone with stats 1/10th of yours talking about how they are going to pound you. Sometimes I just can't get enough...

There's people with 20k - 30k stats in whale territory? (not sure what speeds exact stats are)

Must not be the sharpest tool in the shed to run your mouth with such a puny army lol.

Fl@sh
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
There's people with 20k - 30k stats in whale territory? (not sure what speeds exact stats are)

Must not be the sharpest tool in the shed to run your mouth with such a puny army lol.
It is probably why their army is puny, they have continued to lip off to the wrong people.

Poopenshire
09-07-2012, 01:42 PM
It is probably why their army is puny, they have continued to lip off to the wrong people.

I am just below whale zone and 10k to 40k is extremely common. 40k to 60k is uncommon. >60k is rare at my range, they exist but are few. This is what i call the baby whale zone between levels 100 and 130. These baby whales will become the sharks when they go above level 130. Some will graduate to full whale status. But for the most part people here are soooooo low on stats they are just chum. These events have pushed people higher everytime.

I am not a whale btw not even a little bit. I am just saying this as an observer.

Zoltarov
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I am not a whale btw not even a little bit. I am just saying this as an observer.You are probably an emerging shark then. Lol

Fl@sh
09-07-2012, 01:49 PM
I am just below whale zone and 10k to 40k is extremely common. 40k to 60k is uncommon. >60k is rare at my range, they exist but are few. This is what i call the baby whale zone between levels 100 and 130. These baby whales will become the sharks when they go above level 130. Some will graduate to full whale status. But for the most part people here are soooooo low on stats they are just chum. These events have pushed people higher everytime.

I am not a whale btw not even a little bit. I am just saying this as an observer.
I noticed this also. Before the leaderboard events, I was stalling out around the low 120's and had excellent stats for that level. Now that I passed level 130, I see people with 60 - 80's stats quite often. I just don't see many people with stats over 200k here. Maybe I am sitting too low on allies ~ 320. I don't see anybody over 500 allies either, unless it is the players affected by the glitch in the 90's(Shark bait?)

Speed ump
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM
You are below the level to see and be seen, I drop down sometimes and see this.it is hard to believe how many people will run their mouths, then cry like baies when they actually get a response( attack). Some keep running their mouths, and well, I think you can guess the rest. One just blew up his base and left after just a few hours of attacks, he had over 200 k stats from the map loot items, and got dropped down to 150k in short order. Yet he ran his mouth about wanting to take on the pirates. Guess he saw too many in th game with the no loss thing and assumed he had it too. Don't whine if you get what you asked us for. My board can be quite fun and intresting to read, I will usually leave all posts up for anyone to read. Some think I should somehow be embarrassed by their comments, but I rather enjoy them myself. It's my job to keep things intresting up here. Don't want anyone to get too bored.if we went always stirring things up, one way or another, I think it would be very boring. Wait until you get here poop, it's a soap opera sometimes. Ic oils write a book on all the reasons why I have been told I should not attack someone, why it's not right, or moral, etc.

Ryans67
09-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I wish it was easier to read the long posts on people's walls. Gets annoying scrolling back and forth. ;)

Boom
09-07-2012, 03:54 PM
First off. A blowhole

Mad
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM

I am really puzzled by MWs strategy. They seem obsessed with having everyone level up excessively fast. Of course, when people level up too fast their Attack and Defense scores are woefully inadequate for the slaughter zone above. They get destroyed, get frustrated then quit.

The whales then complain there is no one too plunder. So MW comes up with the auction event to get people to level up even faster. So more pour into the kill zone, get slaughtered and quit. These people who quit of course quit buying gold (yes, even the small gold buyers get slaughtered).

Then the whales complain there is no one to fight, except the hackers who slaughter the whales.

CRAWFORD
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I know right? You get experience from every damn thing. Whether its raiding, attacking, or even doing boss events. I'm not trying to level up anymore.

Dr. Dengus
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm wondering if I should change my in-game name from Sam once I hit whale. Would be a very striking coincidence to have someone on the hit list named Sam who is also my same exact level and Russia flag....but definitely don't want any unwanted attention lol.

Aidan
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
A whale....

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/768555B5-4CA4-4129-A010-BC393590EDCB-1709-0000010122125370.jpg

Meanwhile in MW,

I would say whale is 170k and above.

War Priest
09-07-2012, 04:39 PM
No names but some people think it's fun being a whale because they "feel" they are the police of the game. :)

War Priest
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
A whale....

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/768555B5-4CA4-4129-A010-BC393590EDCB-1709-0000010122125370.jpg

No... BBW.

Aidan
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Ahh, big beautiful woman. So thats what it means. Have seen that acronym before but never knw what it is. Had to google that. Lol.

War Priest
09-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Ahh, big beautiful woman. So thats what it means. Have seen that acronym before but never knw what it is. Had to google that. Lol.

Haha, funny. "The" Aidan had no idea what BBW meant.

Speed ump
09-07-2012, 08:45 PM
War priest, we are the police, even got my MW police badge in a crate. It gives me special powers too, it allows me to do anything I can dream of.just like in real life some don't like the police either. Rules, why should anyone follow stupid rules.

War Priest
09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
War priest, we are the police, even got my MW police badge in a crate. It gives me special powers too, it allows me to do anything I can dream of.just like in real life some don't like the police either. Rules, why should anyone follow stupid rules.

I don't get it... :rolleyes:

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Simply........................What a mess

A whale is someone with 250K attack and 250K defense with level 10 buildings who decimate you

Ryans67
09-07-2012, 10:33 PM

Except in the real world, the police don't make the rules...

Dreno33
09-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Dang. I guess I'll delete my link to a wikipedia article on whales.

we should all go in and edit that page to only MW-related information on whales(: very few, if not maybe one will see it before restored who knows what we are talking about. lol.

Speed ump
09-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Ryans, that what's great about a make believe world, the rules can be whatever you want them to be, within the guidelines and basic rules set by gree. Other than that, only your imagination limits you.

Tctiger
09-08-2012, 05:42 AM
What do you do to have fun speed ump ?

Wdigeorge
09-08-2012, 07:38 AM
No names but some people think it's fun being a whale because they "feel" they are the police of the game. :)

No names but some people think it is fun to hijack every thread because they they "feel" they are the Priest of the MW forum/church and have to lecture to get their post count up. :)

War Priest
09-08-2012, 08:30 AM
No names but some people think it is fun to hijack every thread because they they "feel" they are the Priest of the MW forum/church and have to lecture to get their post count up. :)

Oh, that's me for sure! :)

Me giving lectures is my thing.

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Believe it or not I've seen several peopel recent L180-L200 with only 5K stats. And they are still playing. Not a dead account. Some must like doing missions.

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah. I'm not saying whales are always bored. But many I see are less aggressive than sharks as they may get bored in attacking which they always win and do other interesting things in game to have fun. Look at PUN and the Sisters. LMAO. I think there are many whales and sharks in PUN and other groups. Sharks are beatable while whales typically are not except by other whales. Sharks can hold their own most of the time and the smaller ones ally with the large sharks and whales or goa step further in membership of groups like PUN. You guys protect your lower members sometimes from concentrated attacks with your warnings of a concentrated revenge of the upper players. PUN protection can help or make you a target of their enemies though.

I respect keeping the game clean and foul language off the walls. While my 10yr old daughter doesn't play, she is often overlooking my shoulder and doesn't need to see that garbage. So I do appreciate your efforts there.

I'll see you arround. Maybe one of these days I'll ally with you just to get you off my rivals list. I'll probably wait until they have a search function in your allies list. I like reading your messages on your wall and having you in my rivals just for that reason only. Allying with you would remove me seeing this as I can't find anyone in my allies as it takes too long.

Mad
09-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I respect keeping the game clean and foul language off the walls. While my 10yr old daughter doesn't play, she is often overlooking my shoulder and doesn't need to see that garbage. So I do appreciate your efforts there.

I agree. Our kids don't need to see this crap.

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 09:15 AM
You are below the level to see and be seen, I drop down sometimes and see this.it is hard to believe how many people will run their mouths, then cry like baies when they actually get a response( attack). Some keep running their mouths, and well, I think you can guess the rest. One just blew up his base and left after just a few hours of attacks, he had over 200 k stats from the map loot items, and got dropped down to 150k in short order. Yet he ran his mouth about wanting to take on the pirates. Guess he saw too many in th game with the no loss thing and assumed he had it too. Don't whine if you get what you asked us for. My board can be quite fun and intresting to read, I will usually leave all posts up for anyone to read. Some think I should somehow be embarrassed by their comments, but I rather enjoy them myself. It's my job to keep things intresting up here. Don't want anyone to get too bored.if we went always stirring things up, one way or another, I think it would be very boring. Wait until you get here poop, it's a soap opera sometimes. Ic oils write a book on all the reasons why I have been told I should not attack someone, why it's not right, or moral, etc.

Ah stupity or having extermemly low losses. LMAO. Yeah I remember seeing you guys doing this many many times before more people seem to have lower losses these days. Yeah there is a big difference of having tons of Brigands and Transport Raiders vs. gold units which are indestructible. Yes you can lose the good loot items over time.

Hackers with indestuctible gold or event reward units is the only thing you have to fear. Not like they can make you lose a unit (100% gold armies), but they can waste your time and taunt you. They are really dangerous to lower players, but most hackers seem to target you guys which they really can't do any real damamge to. I guess they can hurt your win/loss records LOL.

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Just was thinking of the ranges of people like you say and figured I should state what some don’t see up front. The increase of stats is like a line graph with a very step curve at first then plateaus at the top. The curve if you think really about it is almost a level flat line for free players especially. In the early levels it is easy to run a lower ally count and increase allies to quickly bump your stats. But once you are at max allies, your increase is only as good as the difference in your new unit purchased minus you lowest unit taken to battle. That is why many free players get all there stats from valor units and farm the high end loot. Once you get to the higher levels even buying the top cash units do nothing for you really.

Think about it. If your battle group lowest units are 35A/35D, you can buy and Aircraft Carrier (27A/46D) for 5.4mil which doesn’t even increase your Attack stats, but increases you Def by 11 points? Buy a Nuclear Sub (42A/35D) for 6.2 Mil to add only 7 points to attack and nothing to defense. Remember the strongest cash units are 50A and 46D. Back before there was better strong boss loot, event items, and boosts, 2,000 Bombers meant a free player could only have 100,000A stats anyway. Once you get to 80-100K before boosts you are at the top of the flat lined curve. Most people don’t have 1,000 aircraft carriers due to the cost. Free players like I said earlier get their stats now from loot or valor units. People in my range typically have a bunch of Elite Water Cruisers (41A/65D) for their stats. Eventually as you go up further, it will be harder and harder to even go up a few point purchasing cash units unless they introduce some new ones. Look at the top strongest cash unit attack values of 35, 42, 46, 50 (SCUD, Nuclear Sub, Railgun Destroyer, Stealth Bomber). There are many break points when adding units that add nothing for you. Look again at the Nuclear Sub 42A, if you are 41A for your lowest battle unit, paying 6.2 mil gets you what a +1A? And on top of that as a free player most of the attack probably already comes from the newer rank valor units too. Hey, you at 41A for your lowest units and bought a 42A unit, you are at you max, guess what you just pushed 1 Water Cruiser out of your attack battle group too! So much for paying 800 Valor for that. Oh yeah Valor missions will start to dry up at the high levels or become too costly.

The only save is loot farming the Brigands and Transport Raiders. Hey if your lowest unit is 41A and you add a TR, you get +242A for the energy. Imagine the time and cost of buying 100’s of cash units that are 42, 46 or 50A? Lowest attack unit is 41A, 1 TR or buy 242 Nuclear Subs? Of course that big gain is in a single unit that can be destroyed, so that gain can quickly go away too. LOL

Just some things for people to think about when buying cash and valor units and leveling quickly into whale land. The only good news is that the only constant is change, so things will eventually change. Learn to adapt to changes in the game and units. Think about it again. People had strategies of 2,000 bombers and aircraft carriers. Think anyone ever made it to that before boosts, new valor units and event rewards changed everything as they knew it?

Tctiger
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Yes it is a very tall order to get an army of top cash units and maintain them especially if you want to work on your base too . I guess I will keep bulking up on the mid units before adding top end units later , how much energy do you need to keep building the top end loot up ? Must be hard to build top end loot up as my loot tends to get destroyed quickly. Mini subs went as quick as I got them and venals go quick too unless you camp .

Maverick50727
09-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I have 1700 energy so get a number of runs on the brigand which I'm doing now to add attack. Aprox 600E per attempt on brigand with 30% chance. Helps when you level to reset and let it refill overnight too. I was going to buy nuclear subs to add attack but decided to do brigands for attack and I'm buying aircraft carriers for defense myself now.

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance. I've got a lot going on this weekend but I'll try to get back with you. Have some questions for you.

Wdigeorge
09-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Great way to get banned. Just signed up today and you already have 69 posts of the same spam message.

supply sales price for gold and cash, can talk to me ,or add the guy,alliance

ID:482602694 ,palringo ID: 17198880 ,or join palringo room [apps club] ,

MSN: masupingangle@126.com ,ICQ:624971750 ,PM Rose for details.

Dr. Dengus
09-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah I've flagged his posts (lower left corner w/ the hazard looking symbol).