PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary "gift"...

Astroboy
09-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi all.

As stated in the announcements section of the forum:

"In celebration of a hugely successful year and loyal fan base, GREE will kick off a weeklong crime spree from August 24 through September 2. During that week, every player who logs into the Crime City will receive a Close Combat MG"

Just want to know who, if anyone, has received this item. I certainly haven't got one. Has anybody else?

I've only been playing since February, is there some rule that you have to be playing since last August in order to qualify for this item?

Thoughts? :confused:

Dreno33
09-06-2012, 07:44 AM
my astroboy is better

on topic - no i have not

BOS
09-06-2012, 07:45 AM
No one has anything, no announcement from Gree either...

Nicky the Nose
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Been playing about 6 months and have not got any prize from the anniversay. Not sure whats going on
with this many questions not enough answers from Gree. I preformed about 2000 robberies but guess it wasn't enough either

mxz
09-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Look, the item was just added to the game data last night...calm down. You realize everyone's going to get it so the effect is a net 0 for everyone.

BOS
09-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Look, the item was just added to the game data last night...calm down. You realize everyone's going to get it so the effect is a net 0 for everyone.

Sweet, did they add any of the top 25 gear?

mxz
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Sweet, did they add any of the top 25 gear?Those have been there for a while. They did update the bonuses, so that's a positive indication they're preparing to add the top 25 items.

Olly1
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Patience is a virtue. Chill ya beans, you're not being disadvantaged for not getting it yet. I'm sure it won't be long anyways

Paulio
09-06-2012, 10:37 AM
mxz, you're good

Vile Lynn
09-06-2012, 10:52 AM

Seriously? lol, they must be way back-logged.
I'm glad they don't run my husband's business... I would never get to buy gold! and we would be homeless!! Ha!

That net effect is exactly why I couldn't care less about it. I wonder if it'll even add to my stats & I've got some poor stats!

BOS
09-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Those have been there for a while. They did update the bonuses, so that's a positive indication they're preparing to add the top 25 items.

mxz, you da man!

G Wiz
09-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Mxz again with the figertip catch from the hail mary throw in a crowd of anxious players!

Babytway
09-06-2012, 02:46 PM
It's really appalling for Gree to have forum members give us some kind of answers, that they should have gave days ago.

buddylee
09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
It's really appalling for Gree to have forum members give us some kind of answers, that they should have gave days ago.

What's the breakdown? Do the previous Funzio Employees now work for Gree; like nothing's changed, everyone's doing the same thing, but now the company name is different?

Astroboy
09-07-2012, 06:13 AM
You realize everyone's going to get it so the effect is a net 0 for everyone.

Which renders it a completely pointless pr stunt then. What a waste of everyone's time.

Thanks for nothing GREE(d).

Thanos
09-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Notta yet....
No doubt on the Net 0.
However don't tell your kid you will take them for ice cream then try and back out or put it off for a month.
What do you think is going to happen?
"I want ice cream! When is ice cream!? Where's my ice cream!?"
ohhhh brother.....

Primal
09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
So some things have changed now that it's owned by gree, some things are still the same....as in once they have your money they don't rush to tell you anything.....they don't even mosey to tell you anything...so annoying!

And seriously, only 100 people get anything? Which will most likely be 25 people getting one from each category.

And what defines a quest? Do they mean maps completed to level 5 or challenges such as the bottoms up one and building the sports bar to level 10? Income from buildings? I make over 1.5m per hour, so I may have a slight chance at it but does this also include money from robberies?

If they were just a little more transparent I'd really appreciate it.

I wonder how long till prizes go out...

Deluxe
09-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Yah wonderful show of appreciation...'net gain of 0 for all' prize and a total of 100 other prizes with stats no better than what they usually give out to 250 folks...'here, well reward 40% of the normal prize volume to really go over the top this time!!!'
Do they know they suck and they sit back in their offices and laugh at us or are they so delusional that they truly thought this was a stellar idea? Im really curious to know which one it is...they are either big jerks for mocking us or completely incompetent for thinking they actually had a good idea
Had i known the details of these 4 prize areas i might have gone for one but their inabiity to run a company on an acceptable level actually dissuaded me from spending (imagine that)...maybe they thought keeping people in the dark would spur more spending for some reason? In my case it is precisely why i didnt spend...and since we know they are greedy as all hell it surprises me because their model for this anniversary event went above and beyond the norm of keeping the consumers clueless and guaranteed i wouldnt spend a dime...
I know its the same old same old but i would love to get in the heads of these people to see wtf they are thinking and how they make decisions and justify their actions (inactions would be more appropriate)

_dan_
09-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Not really net 0 for all.

It depends on the weapon to be replaced by such item, some newbies will gain full power while experts will have less power added. To 200k+ atk/def HLs, it might not add any points at all.

Gambit12
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Just asking about that 1 year anniversary, does anyone receive that M9 swat rifle or something? Because they said if you log in during those 4 days event you will receive that m9 swat rifle...

Brooklyn Boy
09-07-2012, 09:38 PM
The thing that really makes me laugh about all of these events and such is that they(Gree) always acts like it's really costing them something. You would think that they were actually going down to the local car dealership or gun shop and purchasing these items to give out to us! It's hilarious! Really!

Patrick616
09-08-2012, 12:14 AM
So it has been almost 1 week and still no word on anything! I keep seeing promises of better communication, yet thier actions are far louder than their words! Is it that hard to award the prizes? Post the winners? I understand monday was a holiday, but it is now Saturday! Once again I am happy to see such open communication!

Auxilium
09-08-2012, 02:49 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Those have been there for a while. They did update the bonuses, so that's a positive indication they're preparing to add the top 25 items.

Thanks for the info :)

The thing that really makes me laugh about all of these events and such is that they(Gree) always acts like it's really costing them something. You would think that they were actually going down to the local car dealership or gun shop and purchasing these items to give out to us! It's hilarious! Really!

That's how marketing works.. If you make people believe they are really getting something they think the company isn't that greedy. In fact, this action of a free weapon is still awesome. Free is free right? Anyone else starting tomorrow will not have it so advantage for the players who are playing now.