PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a close combat MG yet?

Harry Tuttle
09-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I just double checked and I don't have one yet.

doinkent
09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
has that ridiculous anniversary event ended yet?

Vile Lynn
09-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Nope, no gun, lol! What else is new?
How sad... I already forgot about it.

WTG, Gree! :|

chimera69
09-05-2012, 04:12 AM
Heck, I never even got the event splash screens in my ipad. Really don't expect the gun to show up. What exactly were we supposed to be celebrating??

Babytway
09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
no gun yet, but just tried to rob someone with 689 axes of reaping

<3 Hz
09-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Nope, not in my inventory yet.

buddylee
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Negative on the gun in my inventory, too. I'm hoping for the victory in the IPH division too. Have to wait and see how it goes.

dudeman
09-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't have it yet. What I do have is a sneaking suspicion that we will eventually see some kind of excuse about why some players are ineligible for the prize.

We were supposed to get the gun for logging in at some point during the "event". Nothing was ever said about logging in more than once, so there's one possible excuse.

captiva
09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
No gun till now. Damn..been a daily , hourly player...this is what I got from GREE/FUNZIO.I AM BANNING THIS GAME.

TonySpaghetti
09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
no gun yet, but just tried to rob someone with 689 axes of reaping

And how did that go? Lol

Aid
09-09-2012, 04:11 AM
I don't have it yet. What I do have is a sneaking suspicion that we will eventually see some kind of excuse about why some players are ineligible for the prize.

We were supposed to get the gun for logging in at some point during the "event". Nothing was ever said about logging in more than once, so there's one possible excuse.

Actually the reply will be the gun is already in your inventory, it is not visible, but be assured you do have the gun.

Eddie Eagle Eye
09-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Yup nothing to see here!
I tried to pick up as much as possible that week still no cobra??

Nicky the Nose
09-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Think I got mine, its invisible and it adds nothing to your att or def, you get it in the end:eek:

mxz
09-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Think I got mine, its invisible and it adds nothing to your att or def, you get it in the end:eek:Basically that's correct. Everyone gets it, so it's a net 0. Who cares if your stats are inflated an extra couple numbers? So are everyone else's.

_dan_
09-09-2012, 10:34 AM
not really net 0. at least 3 people in my rival list will be added more than I. I replace a RPG while they only replace a lousy guns.

mxz
09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
not really net 0. at least 3 people in my rival list will be added more than I. I replace a RPG while they only replace a lousy guns.Nothing changes, though. You're still stronger.

Steve0
09-09-2012, 12:26 PM
It might be away for them to actualy find out how many players are playing in a certin time frame. When we do get the gun you should be able to find out who plays often enough to get the gun. Excluding gold buyers since a weapon like that wont show up on there fight invintory list. Due to more powerfull weapons.

procsyzarc
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Basically that's correct. Everyone gets it, so it's a net 0. Who cares if your stats are inflated an extra couple numbers? So are everyone else's.

3 reasons.

1/ Low stat players still going for attack/defence goals
2/ Slightly higher attack for boss event
3/ Gives a boost over new players (or ones that never logged in that week) that never got it, Kind of like the gun for installing modern war, at the time you could say the net effect was 0 but if you look around today probably less than 20% of current players have it and same with the Kingdom age gun which is around the 50-60% of current players mark.

But the biggest reason of all.......Gree promised it and once again never delivered

mxz
09-09-2012, 03:46 PM
3/ Gives a boost over new players (or ones that never logged in that week) that never got it, Kind of like the gun for installing modern war, at the time you could say the net effect was 0 but if you look around today probably less than 20% of current players have it and same with the Kingdom age gun which is around the 50-60% of current players mark.Look it's a bad argument. Scratchers already heavily favor experienced players. And by the time a new player levels up to most of our main accounts that gun won't be what makes the difference.

Euchred
09-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I gave an over under of 7 days when messaging a friend and I optimistically said under. Looks like I was wrong, can't say I care about the MG gun though I want to see the top 25s

kitzune
09-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Basically that's correct. Everyone gets it, so it's a net 0. Who cares if your stats are inflated an extra couple numbers? So are everyone else's.

well anyone that either isn't playing yet or didn't log on (enough) for the event will not get the gun. Also if someone was on vacation people that logged in every day for the anniversary event will have that over them.....

procsyzarc
09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Look it's a bad argument. Scratchers already heavily favor experienced players. And by the time a new player levels up to most of our main accounts that gun won't be what makes the difference.

It’s a completely valid agreement, don’t get me wrong I agree the net effect is minimal but to say it is zero is wrong. It is incredibly unlikely this gun solely will ever make a difference however that is the same for almost every item in the game (buying one crate won’t make difference), it is the combined minimal increases that eventually make a difference.

mxz
09-09-2012, 05:05 PM
It’s a completely valid agreement, don’t get me wrong I agree the net effect is minimal but to say it is zero is wrong. It is incredibly unlikely this gun solely will ever make a difference however that is the same for almost every item in the game (buying one crate won’t make difference), it is the combined minimal increases that eventually make a difference.To put it in perspective, if you're replacing an RPG with it and have stats of 50k the net effect is under .1% (.001). So you're arguing the semantics of a rounding error. And that's assuming you're going up against someone without it; who probably is level 5 and 62/42 stats.

Perspective. Get it.

Dr. Dengus
09-09-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't even see the Close Combat MG in the game files, meaning they are recycling an already used image. Shouldn't be that hard to dispense them all...lol.

Harry Tuttle
09-10-2012, 05:56 AM
It's not the net effect. One item of any value isn't gonna change things a whole lot. An item that goes to practically everybody even less so. They made a big deal out of what is essentially their milestone, and it turns out that big deal is a bunch of hot air. Net effect on Gree's image? Not very much either considering other more important issues and the fact that the word about all the issues doesn't get spread to the community outside this forum but isn't Gree a Japanese company? The effect to their image is very minimal I'm sure but aren't the Japanese supposed to place a high impotance on image? Here we value someone's integrity. If you can't trust what someone tells you sooner or later that person ceases to exist for us. I think it's been long established that Green/Funzio's word isn't worth a thing.

Nce007
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Howdy Everyone :)

I've checked my two games of Cc & I've not received my close combat MG either, considering we've been told that we would get our prizes at the end of the event which was the 2nd of September & it's now the 10th, the only reason I can think why it's taking so long to hand out the prizes to everyone, is first they have to check all the accounts of the players in Cc to see if they logged in during the event to qualify for the close combat MG, then check again for the main prizes winners of the four categories so I would imagine that is what is taking the time to give out the prizes.

Gilgamesh
09-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I just got one

Sasha54
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Just got mine!

Vile Lynn
09-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I got mine, big whoop.

boardgames rule
09-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Just got mine