PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Gree/Funzio...Seriously!!

chbranch
09-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Let me first state that I really enjoy the Crime City game. I'm primarily a console/pc gamer at heart that kinda stumbled onto the mobile gaming world when I download Crime City on my android phone. Instantly I was hooked on the simple turn-based strategy of the game. I found the forum and all the helpful guides and soon I was knee deep into robbing, building, collecting, upgrading, buying, etc.

At first, I could care less about the so-called IOS players advantage of having scratchers, farmed weapons, etc. I just figured it was part of the game. IOS players were the first so kudos to them and eventually android users will catch up. With joint events and scratchers being available to both IOS and android players, free players have the same advantages as free players and gold players have the same advantages as gold players across both platforms.

But with these last two Boss events versus the Android exclusive events, its absolutely disgusting the difference between the two. And I will keep the comparison simple and quick.

1. On a typical joint event, I can get to maybe 22-25 successful openings and get all four event prizes with cash openings with about 30-40 crates remaining at the end of the event. On the last Android exclusive event, i got 15 crates TOTAL in the 4 days as the drop rate was horrendous. So even an android exclusive event is subpar to a normal event.
2. The prizes for the two don't even come close to being equivalent. Just take inventory of any random IOS player who logs their boss achievement and you can compare the hard facts.
5 batons(15/15)
5 pistols(22/11)
6 maces(10/23)
3 vests(18/62)
5 trucks(45/27)
4 grenades(28/58)
2 shotguns(118/78)
2 patrol cars(110/86)
1 chief cruiser(1200+/950).....all that in one FREE 4 day event. Oops, I'm sorry. All that in ONE HOUR!

The funny thing is, I was going to point out all this evidence and what not about the difference between the two but is it really gonna matter!? Does anybody really care!? I know if I was on IOS I probably wouldn't. I don't really care that xbox users have to pay to play online and P3 users don't. I just say for them to get a P3, like IOS users say for android users to get an Iphone.

But one thing rings true no matter where you stand on the issue....a rival you are somewhat equal with and have a friendly war with increases his/her att and def stats by 2000 with a free event, while you raise your stats by maybe 100 from the corresponding 4 event prizes. That is the essence of the problem!
Didn't mean to rant, but it is what it is.

DBM 2IC
09-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Cry much????

Tragik
09-05-2012, 02:14 AM
LOL :cool:

SoccerStud
09-05-2012, 02:56 AM
It's a game. Your lucky it even came out on android.

Liquidsky
09-05-2012, 03:18 AM
It's a game. Your lucky it even came out on android.
Have you ever posted anything worthwhile? Or do you just like to show your ignorance in as many threads as possible?

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
09-05-2012, 03:57 AM
hes right!!!!

balax
09-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Have you ever posted anything worthwhile? Or do you just like to show your ignorance in as many threads as possible?

don't bother answering to him at all

android players should stop buying gold
i have stopped

(CCC)Dipstik
09-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Wait until you see someone's stats jump by 20k because they're a beta tester and you realize items they "earn" by "testing" bugs get to stay.

chbranch
09-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Only thing I can think of is that due to IOS players being on crime city longer, with the "beta" items mentioned above, the farmed now nerfed weapons, etc. that IOS players need to have events with more powerful stats. Hopefully boss events will make their way to android like scratchers.

P.S. This wouldn't even be that big of an issue if the "playing universe" wasn't comprised of ios and android users together.

Babytway
09-05-2012, 08:48 AM
i have xbox and i hate i have to pay to go online. i dont have p3 but i have a wii(dont laugh) thats free to play online. and yes people still play wii(again don't laugh)

chbranch
09-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Nothing wrong with a wii(not laughing, smiling real hard). Nintendo gave us Super Mario Bros 3, one of the greatest childhood games ever. But I will ask...what is it you play on the wii?(giggling a little)

Lonestoner
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I agree with your original post completely.. Pretty much my only problem with the iOS/android differences as well. I had a good rant in another post the other day, basically covering the same thing with people; I think you came in at some point too.

What also sucks is, ANY decent company on any other platform would have 10x productivity going on currently, at least. Think if someone tried to release a cross-platform mmorpg with huge advantages to one platform.. That game wouldn't last any time. Much more optimized games have been released for PC and died quickly, due to much more trivial issues. Bugs get fixed very quickly in any online game very quickly, especially the ones that give you a clear advantage. Hell even individual classes get tweaked all the time just to make sure everyone is on an even playing field. It's impossible to have a lasting game without it. Unfortunately for us, the majority of the players of this game are on the side with the huge advantage, and they could care less if the game is terribly imbalanced, since it's imbalanced in their favor. There are a few that show their concern with our platform, but not near enough. They just widen the gap between the two platforms even further by spending more gold, while fattening greedzio's pockets and giving them more of an excuse to keep the game how it is; pumping out the garbage events for us, and the good ones for them. This wouldn't slide in ANY other scenario I can think of.. Definitely not any online PC or console game. It would have been taken down until it was fixed, period. So many bugs, so much imbalance, terrible forum moderation, horrible communication, all on a badass platform that could turn out to be a great game. Bleh.