PDA

View Full Version : Android Exclusive's Broken Event

KemoKidd
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Another "Android Exclusive" event has just started. I wish they would pay out an event before starting a new one. I have yet to receive the top 10 prize from the last event and this one is already messed up! Here is the leaderboard:

1. MaxXx- 737
2. Grimly Fiendish- 498
3. Scarlet- 192
...and so on

Look familiar? Unbelievable! The item you receive for 20 items: A- 55 D- 41. WEAK!

Steve0
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
They wont get the clue if people keep spending.

Steve0
09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
And Did you knotice that "er" was on to day up in the Add me thread but no other mention on anyhting else.

Ty1on
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I haven't gotten the reward from the last 2 events... No gold on this one... Not counting anniversary event, who knows if I was supposed to get something for that... Oh, that's right, I was supposed to get something for just logging on... Soooo, I haven't gotten the reward for the last 3 events...

PawnXIIX
09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
It just began and the top leader is at 800? O.O

Babytway
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
the atk and def might be weak but hey its free right. no need to spend gold on a item that stats so low. so just try and get what you can for free. maybe the gree office is still on holiday mode and didn't do much today. seeing as though its after normal working hours and no one came to the forums today to put out any great useful info. besides CJ and if you didn't know what thread it was in you missed it anyway.

KemoKidd
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I haven't gotten the reward from the last 2 events... No gold on this one... (not counting anniversary event, who knows if I was supposed to get something for that...)

I'm with you! The last event was the first one I did not get the top 250 prize for. I got 15 items using the cash option because 1) I was waiting for my prize and 2) the top 250 item was much weaker than the previous top 250 prizes.

DenZ1
09-04-2012, 07:18 PM
the atk and def might be weak but hey its free right. no need to spend gold on a item that stats so low. so just try and get what you can for free. maybe the gree office is still on holiday mode and didn't do much today. seeing as though its after normal working hours and no one came to the forums today to put out any great useful info. besides CJ and if you didn't know what thread it was in you missed it anyway.

That's true babyt. But first 2 prizes are even worth then RP items... That gotta suck..

Liquidsky
09-04-2012, 07:19 PM
1. MaxXx- 737
2. Grimly Fiendish- 498
3. Scarlet- 192

Looks like old data a previous event. I bet when they reset it, those with Illicit goods lose them.

We get (potentially) 4 items without spending gold in this Android Only event. How many items have you gotten for free in the Boss Event. And the weakest item you have gotten is better than the 10 gem prize for Android.

Android players are here to be cannon fodder for the iPlayers. It is time to face facts and move on.

Babytway
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
That's true babyt. But first 2 prizes are even worth then RP items... That gotta suck.. well all i can do is laugh but that is pathetic. i hope you at least you get the gems, safes whatever the item is quite often meaning i hope its 50% or better chance of getting the required item thats the only way they at least make up for this atrocity

DenZ1
09-04-2012, 07:42 PM
well all i can do is laugh but that is pathetic. i hope you at least you get the gems, safes whatever the item is quite often meaning i hope its 50% or better chance of getting the required item thats the only way they at least make up for this atrocity
I don't care much about my Android account but for pure Android players that's a kick in a butt. My iPad lvl 27 account already has stats close to my lvl 78 android with half mafia size and 1/10th time of activity.
My big condolences to Android players.

Tomatoneverdie
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
That's true babyt. But first 2 prizes are even worth then RP items... That gotta suck..

Are you serious? If I am an android user, I would've deleted this app and say F it. Without spending s h!t load of $$$, you can't compete even with the free iOS players. The Boss Event made it even worse for you guys. Stop all spending and maybe Gree will correct it ASAP....

Lonestoner
09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
If only all the android users were here to see the warning, that may be possible. :( I know I haven't spent anything personally.

Harry Tuttle
09-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Another "Android Exclusive" event has just started. I wish they would pay out an event before starting a new one. I have yet to receive the top 10 prize from the last event and this one is already messed up! Here is the leaderboard:

1. MaxXx- 737
2. Grimly Fiendish- 498
3. Scarlet- 192
...and so on

Look familiar? Unbelievable! The item you receive for 20 items: A- 55 D- 41. WEAK!

Well, I'm android and I don't even see the event. I even un/re installed.....

FlynnErik
09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Hello all,

First I would like to say, it's been over a month of reading these threads, and not able to respond (never got my email, and the mods here didn't respond) so I made a new account because of this event, just to speak to you all

Second off, to the person saying they would have deleted the game if they were android only, I haven't honestly every considered that, as much as it pains me to say it, I am just happy to have the game.

Next, I would like to talk about the event itself, it's kinda sad, but funny, on 1 account (my Razr) I finally got the event to show up, it showed it had 4 days 4 hours left, so clearly I am already a little behind. The really funny thing is, on my Galaxy Tab, (level 17 account) it hasn't shown up at all yet. How would Android players ever catch up to IOS players is what we all ask, and well, I could be wrong but....

On my main account, I am level 94, and I was being beaten up left and right, I was unable to attack people for months on end, and honestly was getting pissed off, but kept playing anyway. All of a sudden, one night, I found player after player I could rob/atk, and somehow, I caught up to everyone in my level/mafia range. Am I the strongest around? Not even close, can I compete? Sure can!

So yes, while we are behind, and 1 event doesn't help, Android users aren't all that behind the IOS players, that or I just happen to find every Android player on the face of the earth.

Just my 2 cents.

PS, I haven't spent 2 cents on the game, and prolly never will. I am a free player, and while yes I have thought about it, I don't think I can get myself to do it, its only a game, and it's only on my phone. That's just me.

chbranch
09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't even know what to say......its almost a slap in the face! I'm an android user AND I have grown to really like crime city even with all the so-called advantages ios players have. Being primarily a free player, with good game strategy I can usually beat out a rival ios counterpart but with the recent boss events on ios compared to the android exclusive events its absolutely disgusting the difference in ability to raise one's att and def between the two.

Harry Tuttle
09-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Just got the event with 4 days 1 hour remaining (sometime in the last 1/2 hour). The #1 spot has 737 "illicit goods" and the top 100 is at 33. If I was a diehard gold player this would dishearten me to say the least, but thankfully I'm not and it's just another thing that will one day cause me to just not care about opening CC.

balax
09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
ok...
here is what's happening
leaderboard is from the previous event
i started the event with 2 "illicit goods" which i got them from the previus event.
(to the previus event at the last couple of hours there was a glitch and u were getting "illicit goods" instead of "tires")
Thats why they have so low stats items for prizes
(5) 14/10
(10) 27/15
(15) 32/51
(20) 55/41
because some of us already have "illicit goods"
it is realy ridiculous

Harry Tuttle
09-05-2012, 12:21 AM
If I had never discovered the forum I'd prolly have a WAY lower IPH (not that it's impressive), leveled up defensive buildings (wish I hadn't wasted gold on Body Guards before I learned) and would be WAY higher level and farther in missions. I'd prolly be in the shark tank right now setting my alarm clock to collect my lvl 10 warehouses before they got cleaned out. Instead I read and learned about hood economics (thanks TrampStamp wherever you are) and now I'm aware of the general failures of the game and my android deficiencies (and don't HAVE lvl 10 warehouses lol). Is ignorance bliss? Would I have been happier defending those warehouses, playing the missions, and waiting to afford to build better than those warehouses? Hard to say.

{logical hard left turn ahead}

Is the problem that Gree is incompetent or unprofessional? No way. Maybe overworked and spread thin. I think they just can't afford to spend time smoothing the edges because those rough edges don't affect the bottom line in the least. The ratio of big spender/non forum readers to whatever spenders/forum readers is probably such that most of the spenders have no idea they're spending out of a hole they'll never get out of. When they get tired of getting beat up at HLs either charge more to those cards or there's a new generation coming up to replace them, and the clueless flock keeps charging to their credit cards. (no offence to the gold spenders here... I mean the unlearned ones :D)

That being said, I'm having a good time although the gilt is wearing off a bit and I'm not sure how long CC/MW are gonna shine for me. Not that that matters cause there's 10 more behind me and some of them will spend more gold than I do.

Bala82
09-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Still no event force close several times

Sandukan
09-05-2012, 04:42 AM
The event prizes are ridiculous. Why even bother?
Play until it's no longer fun. Then stop.

Bala82
09-05-2012, 04:47 AM
I still don't have the event glad to see i am not missing much :)

Force close several times

Naks
09-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Yes ive just got the event, Not playing the event. Must have 33 for the top 100 , bullsh.it!

Sandukan
09-05-2012, 05:18 AM
I still don't have the event glad to see i am not missing much :)

Force close several times
Not even worth the in game cash.
Did you restart? That usually stops my force close issues?
Ice Cream sandwich force closes more than the earlier android versions. I don't see any improvement with Jelly bean unfortunately.

Bala82
09-05-2012, 05:41 AM
yes i restarted it normally the event come up whenever i restart it but nothing :(

Phil C
09-05-2012, 05:42 AM
OK strange thing but im not at all surprised, apparantly this is the second android only event and it has just popped up on my phone for the first time and the leader is at 733 - WTF!

jojofromdabronx
09-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Did about 4 phone reboots and 1 uninstall/reinstall and no event. Will try again but going to give up on this event if I dont get the event in the next hour.

balax
09-05-2012, 05:58 AM
OK strange thing but im not at all surprised, apparantly this is the second android only event and it has just popped up on my phone for the first time and the leader is at 733 - WTF!

see previus post

ok...
here is what's happening
leaderboard is from the previous event
i started the event with 2 "illicit goods" which i got them from the previus event.
(to the previus event at the last couple of hours there was a glitch and u were getting "illicit goods" instead of "tires")
Thats why they have so low stats items for prizes
(5) 14/10
(10) 27/15
(15) 32/51
(20) 55/41
because some of us already have "illicit goods"
it is realy ridiculous

mikkobaby
09-05-2012, 06:06 AM
A 2nd failure event for Android. When I saw the stats for the 5-20 items, I was like WTH. When I checked out the leaderboard, I was like WTF!! Anyway I'll juz use in-game cash for crates. This time round Gree won't get to earn my gold as a result of this "fantastic" event.

Polarbear
09-05-2012, 06:24 AM
These are item equivalent stats that the IOS system started with. I remember we started with the 'shock and awe' (29/13) and ended with a 'laser gun' (58/38), which are hardly spectacular. Gree assumes all android players are relatively new to the game, so naturally they can't just had out the inflated items IOS has now...

I believe you all do have access to the new crates though, these are about 1.75x better than what we had initially all had. This would be your best bet, if you're playing catchup.

Guru.
09-05-2012, 07:10 AM
After seeing this 'illicit goods event' I doubt ill spend another dollar on this broken game. Honestly how many times do I have to reinstall for CC to be stable?! The events never show up when they first come out so I'm always bound to be behind. Best part is the leaderboards are garbage and I can never trust it because its more than likely wrong. The event started for me with 3d 17h left.. and already need 30+ items for the top100. How do i catch up to that without spending $200 in gold? I was in the top 250 last event, 8 hours left and an in game message said I needed to reinstall..so I did and the event wouldnt show up anymore. I was lucky enough to still win the item and receive it randomly 3days afterwards, but thats wayyy too sketchy for me to spend money on. The devs must make an insane amount of money off the in-game purchases alone, why cant they get their freakin game to work properly. GREEd

balax
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
i just got an enforcer jacket 10/20 which is better than the 5 elements prize 14/10
i am so glad

i wonder who jenious design this event,
it's totaly rediculous and of course no gold spending any more,
enough (is enough)

NTM
09-05-2012, 08:32 AM
i'm very sad to have start my main account on Android.. i have spend more 600 €uros... and i stop for sure...

i can't have a good account.. or i need to buy all days.. Ios have realy more item... for free... i have Iphone too and i can see difference.. :/

lvl 49 on Iphone and only one guy hunt me.. with the firetruck 900 more power.. but no one can't hunt me expect this guy :p on android not the same :/ and on Iphone : 0 €uros...

sad, realy sad..

mikkobaby
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Now I realised it actually meant android EXCLUDEsive event. =(

Boof
09-05-2012, 10:45 AM
The leaderboard has been updated/fixed. The leader has 7 (not 700) Illicit Goods.

KemoKidd
09-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Whats interesting about the items is that the 20 item prizes are much weaker while the top 100/ top 10 prizes are much better. The 20 item prize was A:132 D:108 (240) and this 20 item prize is A:55 D:41 (96!). The last top 100 prize was A: 430 D:395 (825) & top 10 prize was A:900 D:800 (1,700). This event has top 100 prize of A:610 D:390 (1,000) & top 10 prize of A:1550 D:1050 (2,600).

Play for free (and get extremely lucky) you get an item less than half as good. Pay money and get items almost twice as good!

Bala82
09-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I still don't have the event so i am not bothered even through i am on android i done serveral force close and no luck.

Lonestoner
09-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I still don't have the event so i am not bothered even through i am on android i done serveral force close and no luck.

My roommate couldn't get it either, so he uninstalled / reinstalled, and... his Street Clock disappeared. So he sent in a ticket, and the next day, he had the explosive back and the event working.

NTM
09-06-2012, 02:23 AM
what event ! and what items :D craps no ?

10/14 for the 1st ? and the other are same way.. lol... 10k $ for this ? o ty :p

Bala82
09-08-2012, 12:01 AM
In case anyone wondering it finally turn up last night when new gold items were released ?