PDA

View Full Version : Remember the promise of better communication?

procsyzarc
09-04-2012, 03:06 PM
After the disaster of the IPH event where no one knew what the actual requirements for winning where until about 3 days after the event ended and even then cunzio would not provide a list of winners and then just randomly handed out prizes with some success in cc but in MW and KA it just went to who ever put in a ticket (In KA on my wifes phone my IPH was $500 and the cut off was $4500 but I put in a ticket as a joke and still got the unit). Mark then came on a said the communication on events would be much better going forward and then when Gree took over Mark posted again saying communcication was going to be a lot better now...........................................So now we have just had a new event with similar format (at least I have heard since I play on Ipad and never got the pop up) how does every one think Mark and Greed are delivering on the promise of better infomation and comunication?

TonySpaghetti
09-04-2012, 03:07 PM
After the disaster of the IPH event where no one knew what the actual requirements for winning where until about 3 days after the event ended and even then cunzio would not provide a list of winners and then just randomly handed out prizes with some success in cc but in MW and KA it just went to who ever put in a ticket (In KA on my wifes phone my IPH was $500 and the cut off was $4500 but I put in a ticket as a joke and still got the unit). Mark then came on a said the communication on events would be much better going forward and then when Gree took over Mark posted again saying communcication was going to be a lot better now...........................................So now we have just had a new event with similar format (at least I have heard since I play on Ipad and never got the pop up) how does every one think Mark and Greed are delivering on the promise of better infomation and comunication?

These things take time. Rome wasn't built in day - lets not crucify them yet.

Sandukan
09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I think communication is better.
There is not much communication now.
That is an improvement over the parables and riddles we were previously left to decipher.

procsyzarc
09-04-2012, 03:15 PM
These things take time. Rome wasn't built in day - lets not crucify them yet.

You are kidding right? No idea why some people have infinite patience for their incompetence no other business would tolerate this level of poor performance from their staff, and no other type of business would survive giving this low level of service to their customers, but for some reason in this case many seem to be willing to accept them (kind of makes me want to start a software company).

Doubt it will ever come up since they are completely different industries but if anyone ever applies for a job at my company and has Gree or Funzio on their CV they will not be getting the job that’s for sure.

TonySpaghetti
09-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Doubt it will ever come up since they are completely different industries but if anyone ever applies for a job at my company and has Gree or Funzio on their CV they will not be getting the job that’s for sure.

What if it was a guy and he showed up for the interview wearing a Wonder Woman costume that was way too tight ?

Babytway
09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
yah they didn't even do a half a** job on last weeks events maybe like 1/32 of a job. i should have known/expected with 4 events at once it was a recipe for disaster and then when the rim event came into play alongside of the 4 event i knew they were way in over there heads.

There wasn't even an explanation for the rim event fiasco. just to clarify that ended a few days than it was suppose to right? or did it end on time?

TonySpaghetti
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
yah they didn't even do a half a** job on last weeks events maybe like 1/32 of a job. i should have known/expected with 4 events at once it was a recipe for disaster and then when the rim event came into play alongside of the 4 event i knew they were way in over there heads.

There wasn't even an explanation for the rim event fiasco. just to clarify that ended a few days than it was suppose to right? or did it end on time?

It ended on time.

Paulio
09-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Some people might say it's better to have an event with bad communication than no event at all. In certain cases, they'd be right. For example, the current epic boss event has some major flaws, but overall it's a fantastic event that gives free players an opportunity at very good weapons.

However, the anniversary event has to be the biggest failure I've seen yet. Many people (myself included) spent gold on stamina refills trying to compete for top 25 attacker or top 25 robber. Yet, the pop-up window never opened for me, I PMed two community managers and blatantly asked the new guy, (er), for an answer. Not even he was able to relay a message ... and he's an employee!

dudeman
09-04-2012, 03:48 PM

All I can really say is that the current communication situation (or lack thereof) makes two-month-old "official" posts like this sound like total bs:

With the acquisition by GREE we've been in a period of transition and development. I'd like to go over what you can expect over the next few weeks.

Forums:

Dedicated Community staff for forums and social media
Forum and social media events
Forum revamp
Greater clarity (Patch Notes, Event threads, etc)

Community:

Dedicated Community staff
Community-specific events and promotions
Greater degree of interaction between Community staff and players on a daily basis
Way more content!

Support:

More support staff
Faster turnarounds
Better standardization of best practices to improve quality
Higher visibility
New support system

There was clarification for that mess up, Babytway. You can find it in this random thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39158-Special-Rare-Auto-Crate-item

Okay, so here's what happened: Two sets of data got mushed together last night (the event, and an Android-only event). That caused people to start getting the wrong token type at the last minute.

We're taking this into account with the prizes, and making sure that regardless of which type of token you had, it is counted towards the final total (so everyone who started seeing Illicit Goods all of a sudden, you're still solid). It's taking us longer to total the results, due to this and the labor day weekend, but we'll have the prizes out as soon as everything is verified.

-CJ

EDIT: Also, this post is several hours later than I intended, for which I deeply apologize.

Babytway
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM
oh good at least something came out of that

jobadass
09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
OT, bear in mind that Gree and their devs are based in CA, USA. That being said...believe nothing.
They'll make big promises to the biggest payer and never deliver.

kitzune
09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
What I find curious is the frequency of events. Most other games I've played have done them for every two weeks or once a month not every week.