PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Funzio/Gree

Thief
09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
*Disclaimer This specific incident is from KA. The Reason i'm posting it here is that i don't participate in KA forums and i thought it would be good information for anyone that doesn't play KA and wants to see some promising changes and i think that Funzio would like to hear positive feedback from it's players instead of constructive Critisism.

Awhile ago it was suggested that the boss Events incorporate a intermediate prize for beating X amount of bosses. While it is certainly nice to get a unit after each boss more than likely it's a common and sometimes that is all someone will get. With a garunteed Specific Unit that has stats better than a Rare however i am happy to say that i am personally very happy to participate in an event where i believe i can get so far and possibly spend some of my hard earned gold. (I think many players probably feel the same way honestly and i think such a measure encourages the masses to spend gold not just the top elite)

Specifics: Beat the Boss in KA
1st Objective Beat Him 15 Times for Scarred Hydra 175/225
2nd Objective Beat Him 30 Times for Cursed Linch XXX/XXX?

Edit:
Beating Boss 15 Gave me 1 Scarred Hydra, 2 Rares, 2 Uncommon and 11 Common.

boardgames rule
09-04-2012, 11:24 AM
They tried to do the same in the CC boss event but majorly screwed it up.

BigDog146400220
09-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Ok, Im not quite sure I understand as I do not play KA or CC. But the potential for new boss event exists because KA now has new type style of event? In this new event you no longer receive an indestructible unit after every defeat, rather you have 2 goals to accomplish and receive a top unit at each goal?

If this is true, how is that improvement? So instead of getting 30 gold units with potential of several rare (had 4 in last event, I can now look forward to 2 units total?

Lt. Falcon
09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
You still get an indestructible unit after each win (rare, uncommon or common), but after 15, 30 and 50 boss you get a super cool unit. I just finished boss 15 and got the scarred hydra along with a rare. It is a nice little bonus, i wouldn't mind if MW added these little bonuses to the beat the elite events.

Baraka
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Ok, Im not quite sure I understand as I do not play KA or CC. But the potential for new boss event exists because KA now has new type style of event? In this new event you no longer receive an indestructible unit after every defeat, rather you have 2 goals to accomplish and receive a top unit at each goal?

If this is true, how is that improvement? So instead of getting 30 gold units with potential of several rare (had 4 in last event, I can now look forward to 2 units total?no no. You still get units after each boss. But as well u get a unit for getting to boss 15 one for 30 and 50. I must agree if it comes to MW it will be great. Gotta give them that.

Thief
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM

If this is true, how is that improvement? So instead of getting 30 gold units with potential of several rare (had 4 in last event, I can now look forward to 2 units total?

Sorry Bigdog for not being Clear. No you still recieve a Unit after Every Boss you Defeat. You now just have the potential to recieve prizes for beating X amount of bosses.

For example in Theory for MW you would have 30 Bosses with the same potential for comm/Uncom/Rare Units and a Super Unit for Beating Boss 30. However now you also get a Unit that is better than a Rare for Beating Boss #10 and Boss #20.

I hope that helps Clarify.

Edit: Late to the party for giving you an Explanation i see hahaha.

Baraka
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
You got plenty of clarity there m8. Lol.

albeezy
09-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Imagine if they bring this to MW the 30 bosses will increase. The additional units at intervals of 15 bosses come at a price of 10 more bosses to defeat. That means it will likely change to 40 bosses in MW meaning that the costs go up as well. it is not an easier boss by any means and to tack on 10 more to get the top prize is ridiculous. So many couldnt get to 40 before (or 10 if you were above level 100) and now they want you to spend gems on 30 additional bosses. Weak in my opinion although I am trying to get to boss 30 for the second bonus unit. Will stop there for sure if not sooner.

BigDog146400220
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks or clarification everyone. That does sound nice. Hopefully, that will get implemented for MW in the near future :)

Thief
09-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Imagine if they bring this to MW the 30 bosses will increase. The additional units at intervals of 15 bosses come at a price of 10 more bosses to defeat. That means it will likely change to 40 bosses in MW meaning that the costs go up as well. it is not an easier boss by any means and to tack on 10 more to get the top prize is ridiculous. So many couldnt get to 40 before (or 10 if you were above level 100) and now they want you to spend gems on 30 additional bosses. Weak in my opinion although I am trying to get to boss 30 for the second bonus unit. Will stop there for sure if not sooner.

While i agree that adding more bosses doesn't make sense i think that Gree is testing out the waters to determine what individuals are willing to spend. If people simply won't spend the gold to get that far they will need to consider Keeping it at 30. It's about peoples ability to spend money. Can Gree make more money by alienating the majority by targeting a few who are willing to spend big Dollars or by Marketing to the masses to make a small amount of money from each potential player. The factor i don't think Gree is taking into account is the lifecycle of the game. In order to keep the big spenders you need to keep the masses and in order to keep the masses you need to keep them hooked on the game. The way i see it is they can run multiple varieties of events to accomplish both. My reccomendation to Gree is to keep the same Boss with the incremental prizes and see how much your increase in Revenue is? I would assume that most players that can only make it to 7 will at the very least go to 10 if they have gold and then have an incentive to keep going. Same with players around lvl 15 and so on. Then again i'm not an economist or anything....or am i? :D

Lt. Falcon
09-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I was able to beat boss 15 without spending any gems, although I did spend a lot of gold buying 80+ Lich's from lvl 10 wizard's spire and 20+ flaming catapult's from lvl 10 siege workshop, I increased my attack stats by 3200+ w/o adding allies and the few uncommons I recieved during the event. I say this is a plus for strong free players to light-mid gold spenders.

El Cid
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
You still get an indestructible unit after each win (rare, uncommon or common), but after 15, 30 and 50 boss you get a super cool unit. I just finished boss 15 and got the scarred hydra along with a rare. It is a nice little bonus, i wouldn't mind if MW added these little bonuses to the beat the elite events.

I am at 26 minutes to get my 15th boss. Can't wait to get the item.
Yes I agree, it would be very nice to have that feature in MW.

Mcdoc
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
BUT - on the Flip side - the way the Auction Events have Panned out - we lost items along the way. On the old style of 10 crates - we used to get an indestructible unit at open 3,5,7,9 & 10 - so most people were happy to make it to 7 or 9 and get 3 or 4 indestructible units.

BUT NOW - you only get them at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 - etc - and I am still only able to get to 8 or 9 without Gold - so on the last 2 Auction events - I only got ONE indestructible unit where I used to get 3 or 4.

Lt. Falcon
09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
BUT - on the Flip side - the way the Auction Events have Panned out - we lost items along the way. On the old style of 10 crates - we used to get an indestructible unit at open 3,5,7,9 & 10 - so most people were happy to make it to 7 or 9 and get 3 or 4 indestructible units.

BUT NOW - you only get them at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 - etc - and I am still only able to get to 8 or 9 without Gold - so on the last 2 Auction events - I only got ONE indestructible unit where I used to get 3 or 4.

In the new "auction" event, I can get to 10-11 items netting me 2 indestructibles with lower stats than the prior 10 item events. In those events I usually got to 9 using the mid option every time, couple (2x) of times I got 10 and a couple of times (2x) only had 8...overall, I was very pleased with those events and was actively (20+ attempts/day) participating in them. I would prefer Gree to bring them back, maybe after a couple more though as my hlp is able to accomplish some personal iph & unit density goals before whale zone.

albeezy
09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
If they decide to adapt the MW boss events to be more similar to the latest KA event, I hope they consider making the bosses a little easier, at least at the higher levels. Then it might not be so bad

manbeast
09-04-2012, 06:21 PM
thanks for letting me know about this. i never got a pop up about beating 15 bosses. in progress right now. this will be my first KA event that i've actually played in.

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
You guys have to stop complaining.

Participate or don't/.... quit complaining... you sound like little wimpy girls

You do realize this is a WAR GAME?

Morphlingman
09-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Thief. If you were behind the new boss format in KA & CC. Well done and thank you

Thief
09-04-2012, 08:47 PM
thanks for letting me know about this. i never got a pop up about beating 15 bosses. in progress right now. this will be my first KA event that i've actually played in.
For Sure Manbeast! No pop up for beating 15 you only see it in your goals. After you beat 15 you can get another one for beating 30 if your doing really well might as well shoot for 30?

Thief. If you were behind the new boss format in KA & CC. Well done and thank you I don't think i really had anything to do with it. I certainly reccomended this exact component weeks ago but i've mentioned a couple of other good ideas that have yet to come to fruition. (The Silver Currency is the big one i keep waiting on)