PDA

View Full Version : A good idea to rid us of useless PVP junk.

<3 Hz
09-04-2012, 07:14 AM
I think it would be a great idea if they let us trade in a ton of wrestler masks, butterfly knives, etc. for one decent weapon of the same class. For example, you could trade in 500 wrestler masks for an armor item that has 75 attack / 90 defense, or trade in 500 butterfly knives for a melee item that has 90 attack / 75 defense. This would be great for all of us that have all this useless junk from thousands of battles.

mxz
09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I'd be fine with just letting us delete useless clutter items...but being able to trade up would be cool. Maybe make it cost a certain amount of in game money to "make" the new item out of the old ones.

Polarbear
09-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I'd be fine if they just ordered the stats from top attk and bottom...

Vile Lynn
09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Ha, I don't even pay attention to the PvP items I get anymore... They are all useless. But, yeah, that would be a good idea to trade them in.

G Wiz
09-04-2012, 08:51 AM
A trade in program can actually work truthfully. 100x butterfly knives gets you a m72 rocket launcher or 300x knives gets you another reasonably strong weapon. The prize can become more appealing in tiered form as we are used to already.

I like this idea a lot!

Dravak
09-04-2012, 08:55 AM
It won't do much for me the tradeoff on longterm , but yes I can see why it is benefical for others .
Also it frees up the database clutter ... all those junk items .

But I rather have some UI improvements especially in the reordering of maffia , without having to remove and read.

Burn
09-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Is this a win for GREE also, as in does less junk being tracked in your inventory, and counted by the server, help reduce server bandwidth and overhead? Or is it insignificant?

G Wiz
09-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Is this a win for GREE also, as in does less junk being tracked in your inventory, and counted by the server, help reduce server bandwidth and overhead? Or is it insignificant?According to mxz and Afed, C++. What this means? I dunno. Hope this helps :)

Dravak
09-04-2012, 09:03 AM
insignificant , since the limited edition items are cluttering up the airways .. more then those standard items .

TonySpaghetti
09-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Personally, I like all my wrestling masks. I pretend I'm wearing them at night when I touch myself. Hahaha

madawgg
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I have proposed this a year ago...but as you know, no reply from funzio

mxz
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
According to mxz and Afed, C++. What this means? I dunno. Hope this helps :)Haha, Wiz you're funny. :)

Its only a couple bits here and there - but over time and across many users it adds up.

1) they need to store each item and QTY somewhere.
2) they need to send that information each time the client (your app) requests it. I'm guessing that happens every time you reinstall and after every time the device cleans up the local data (when storage is getting low. This happens to me every other week or so).

Without knowing the number of active users, whether my above guesses are accurate, and how often each case occurs it's tough to say whether it would be worth it to them or insignificant.

Lonestoner
09-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Isn't anything that doesn't put money directly in their pockets insignificant?

Dravak
09-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Isn't anything that doesn't put money directly in their pockets insignificant?

That is true but they can also ad a 5/10 gold conversion rate , to earn money .
So this isn't a big deal , the problem is more is it worth it to spent time .
On making this feature , versus time invested in making feature that earns them more .
Or pleases people more , like decorations , maffia/friends sorting , fixng bugs , new farm areas and new loot .

So it is basically what would make people more happy in CC , remember the endgame is only a small group .
The endgame people are infact a deterrent to the casaul income , or else they didn't have to keep raising the HL bar.
While the endgame can bring forth more money , by creating more big gold spenders .
Is it worth the loss of the light or medium goldspenders .

Free players are just that irrelevant in the endgame .

Lonestoner
09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Yep I agree. They definitely have their priorities straight! :p