PDA

View Full Version : Map Quest Bug? The Return of The Dark One

BadNews
09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I got this quest from only about 30 kills of map Abyss. Now I'm already half way of mastery level 3 this map, but still cannot find the Malik's Shade.

Anyone get this problem?

tcapi
09-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Bad News, same here!

Mantou
09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
same here... now mastery lvl 2

MaverickMunkey
09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Same here - working my way through level 2

Hobtuse
09-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Woah thanks for the alert :)

I got to level 2 of this map, was thinking it was a little odd since I did 15-30 kills after the quest appeared and the Malik's Shade had not spawned.

I's probably a bug. Will be stopping until someone confirms it can spawn as I am not really keen on mastering the Abyss..

echus14
09-04-2012, 12:06 AM
All sounds a little shady to me.
Did anyone check under the trees? Maybe the shade is hiding in the shade?
But seriously, just send a ticket to Support. I'm guessing this quest should (like the rest) be indicated with a big, green arrow?

Talkazar
09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Its marked as rare, so it won't automatically spawn when the quest starts so no green arrows (which is fair enough). However, on that map, it seems that everything that is killed respawns as another monster of that type, which also would be fair enough (its how it worked a couple of months ago) if Malik's shade still had a chance of also spawning. But my experience is the same as others - killed another 20 creatures, now on level 2, and it still hasn't spawned. Have moved onto the next map before trying some more (and if there is a bug it's hopefully fixed...)

GetItOn
09-04-2012, 02:30 AM
I finished all the quests on Abyss. Conversely I'm having a bear of a time getting the Water King to spawn on Temple of Water.

Tho I am still frustrated that I only get like 1 chest drop for every 10 kills I make. I'll burn thru 2-3 energy bars and maybe get 2-3 drops and they're all mid-level junk. I'm about to stop doing the new maps and go back to mastering lvl 4s...

The1nONLY
09-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Im stuck on the Temple of water and Water King doesnt seem to appear. Unistall KA would probly fix it but then all the units,weapons and armor takes awhile too load again

Hobtuse
09-04-2012, 02:45 AM
I finished all the quests on Abyss. Conversely I'm having a bear of a time getting the Water King to spawn on Temple of Water.

Tho I am still frustrated that I only get like 1 chest drop for every 10 kills I make. I'll burn thru 2-3 energy bars and maybe get 2-3 drops and they're all mid-level junk. I'm about to stop doing the new maps and go back to mastering lvl 4s...

@GIO: You got the Malik's Shade to spawn?

Actually I think for the 4 new maps, after doing the quests, you just want to go back to the older maps as doing the new maps will get you leveling up pretty fast. I am only hoping I pick up a good weapon/armor before I settle for mastering either the Lost Bethel or the midlevel maps for skill points. Of course, thus far that plan is an epic failure. Haven't picked up anything new at all.

The1nONLY
09-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Yes we both finish the Abyss map but stuck on the Temple of water

BadNews
09-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Me, again, one account stuck on Malik's Shade.(mastering lvl 3 map) another account stuck on temple of water Water King (mastering lvl 2 map)

However the drops rate are pertty good for me. Almost two kills per drop.

Xenjahr
09-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Same problem here.
No Malik's shade at all :(

MaverickMunkey
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes we both finish the Abyss map but stuck on the Temple of water

Can you remember which Mastery level you got it to appear on at all?

d_nickels
09-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Malik's Shade has been up on my map since I first opened it up. Haven't killed it, but its still there. Not sure if that helps you guys get it to spawn, but it does exist in the game. I have not done any quests in the abyss yet.

The_Red
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Malik's Shade has been up on my map since I first opened it up. Haven't killed it, but its still there. Not sure if that helps you guys get it to spawn, but it does exist in the game. I have not done any quests in the abyss yet.

Ive completed all the Abyss quests outside of mastering it... in 32 kills I got and killed the Shade. IIRC, he was on the map when I first started it, but at bare minimum he was there when I got to the quest to kill him.

Still waiting for the Giant Centipede to spawn and about 1/2 way through the quests on the third map.

GetItOn
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Ive completed all the Abyss quests outside of mastering it... in 32 kills I got and killed the Shade. IIRC, he was on the map when I first started it, but at bare minimum he was there when I got to the quest to kill him.

Still waiting for the Giant Centipede to spawn and about 1/2 way through the quests on the third map.

Wow you guys pay alot more attention to detail then me. LoL I just know I finish all quests before moving on to the next map and all the Aybss ones are done. Water King won't spawn for me tho.. and I sent in a support ticket about only getting a equipment drop on the average of 1 per full energy bar (sometimes none) or every 10 kills or so.. that's ridiculous.

MaverickMunkey
09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Cheers Guys,

I am nearly at Level 3 and can't get the damn thing to appear. I have now killed every monster multiple times, done the other quests for that map but am too stubborn to move on until I have done the Malik Shade quest. Oh well, might as well soldier on and hope it appears before level 5!:mad:

The_Red
09-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow you guys pay alot more attention to detail then me. LoL I just know I finish all quests before moving on to the next map and all the Aybss ones are done. Water King won't spawn for me tho.. and I sent in a support ticket about only getting a equipment drop on the average of 1 per full energy bar (sometimes none) or every 10 kills or so.. that's ridiculous.

I paid very little attention.... I just looked back and saw I was 32/60 into it so I had to have killed the bloke somewhere in that space. ;)

FWIW, I killed the water king as well within 35/60. ;)

The_Red
09-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Also on the web quest bugs.... I still see that they arent requiring us to buy weapons/armor to complete the levels... last time it was like that for a week or two and then they switched on after the fact. I wonder if that is the same case here, since I havent been forced to buy any equipment to progrss through the quests.

d_nickels
09-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Here's a thought. you might need to kill a certain mob to get it to spawn, like the boss monsters require. Try hitting every monster on the map once, then go about killing each of them until you've killed every monster and not just "one of each kind of monster".

MaverickMunkey
09-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Here's a thought. you might need to kill a certain mob to get it to spawn, like the boss monsters require. Try hitting every monster on the map once, then go about killing each of them until you've killed every monster and not just "one of each kind of monster".

Done that! I have never had any trouble like this with any of the previous rare quests. It's just frustrating but hey ho no worries and thanks for all your ideas everyone.

The1nONLY
09-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I finish all my quest up to last map but only waiting for Water King to appear on Temple of Water

Mantou
09-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I find there's something funny as well.
when i kill same types of mob ( 3-5 times on one shot ) and will spawn back the same type.
now trying on abyssal prince and hope will change.

BadNews
09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
No, I killed the abyssal prince serval times, it still spawn back the abyssal prince. No change

spectra
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I got this quest from only about 30 kills of map Abyss. Now I'm already half way of mastery level 3 this map, but still cannot find the Malik's Shade.

Anyone get this problem?

Bad News, same here!

Same here - working my way through level 2

I am almost done with the new map quest
I did kill Malik's shade
You usually get 2 sets of quest and some of them are to kill the same monster as on the other quest, but the 2nd quest has to kill 2 diff kind of monsters
you have to do the quest (the "original") usually on top of the second quest with the request to kill 2 kind of monsters
finished all the quest relating to the map where Malik is and he will eventually pop up
I think it took me about 5/6 hits to kill him

ON THE OTHER HAND, I have not been able to make the centipede ("from the dirts" quest) in the garden of Gain

pending quest of new maps
1 - Strenght and cunning (just half way thorugh the Lost Bethel quests)
2 - "from the dirt" -RARE quest - kill giant centipede in garden of Gain
3- Master the temple of water (have 27/60 kills so far) after this it will ask me to master the lost bethel

NEED MORE MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE THE BRING MORE CTs to earn more honor points

Hobtuse
09-05-2012, 07:51 PM
@spectra: good to know that the Malik's Shade can spawn for you, but I have completed all the main quests for the Abyss and have the next quest right in the Garden of Gain while the Malik's Shade still doesn't want to spawn for me.

Will give it another try since I have reinstalled. Hopefully the loot improves too.

The_Red
09-06-2012, 05:42 AM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6160/photoex.png

BadNews
09-06-2012, 10:54 AM
There is another thread that someone stuck on the 2nd new map.....

Looks like we all hit a bug of new maps. Here is the list of known blocker. If you didn't find those monsters while you first open the map, which mean you'll be stuck on those RARE quests. Those monsters never spawn in.

The Return of The Dark One / Malik's Shade in The Abyss
From the Dirt / Giant Centipede in Garden of Gain
A New Challanger / Water King in the Temple of Water

___

Hobtuse
09-06-2012, 11:11 AM
@BadNews: could you send in a report regarding the bug to Support?

BadNews
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
I already got 3 pending tickets on the side of Gree support. Really don't want anymore.

The_Red
09-06-2012, 11:47 AM
speaking of bug on the new maps... anyone notice the Wormhole on The Abyss that
has a reward of 132 gold and 5 experience for 21 energy? Appears as if whoever
created the map forgot to adjust the name and stats like the "Earth Tunnel".

Made me chuckle.

BadNews
09-06-2012, 11:54 AM
speaking of bug on the new maps... anyone notice the Wormhole on The Abyss that
has a reward of 132 gold and 5 experience for 21 energy? Appears as if whoever
created the map forgot to adjust the name and stats like the "Earth Tunnel".

Made me chuckle.

Weird, Earth Tunnel here is 1680 gold, 29 exp, 76 energy. level 2 map

I thought I may get good loots from that low energy stuff.

EDIT: I found it. Wormhole 138 gold, 5 exp, 21 energy, but no drop at all.

MaverickMunkey
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Have submitted another ticket re this issue and will report back if I get any response!

The_Red
09-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Looks like they just turned on all of the costs for weapons to beat the monsters... glad I made it 90% the way through all the quests prior to that coming online. ;)

ChaosRules
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Looks like they just turned on all of the costs for weapons to beat the monsters... glad I made it 90% the way through all the quests prior to that coming online. ;)

Yep, I made it through all of the Abyss quests except Malik doesn't show up for me and I'm on Level 2 now. I went to the Garden and Lost Bethel and just went back to try and find Malik, and now I need weapons for the Sword Psychics nd Warlocks that I didn't need before! Guess I will be killing lots of imps...

Muddy
09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Same situation:(

tcapi
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
I have to do the quests in Garden of Gain, Temple of Water and The Lost Bethel twice the quests popped up again after I have finished them. Don't mind but the rare mobs are difficult to get. Sent a ticket to Help yet to receive anything from them