PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel bad doing a massive one-sided attack?

Devin
09-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone else feel bad for attacking, or repeatedly attacking a rival who has a really weak army and taking a ton of money? I just hit someone.... Sub 8000 attack and defense at lvl95 with 120 allies. Somehow, they emassed 17mil. I don't know how they can even survive. They're 1/3rd to 1/4 my strength.... Naturally, I took it all but....

I actually skipped 2 rivals this morning.. 12 and 13 mil each, but every day I hit them for a few million, and their stats are even lower. I left them both messages saying I wasn't attacking them today.

Does anyone else cringe when they destroy a massively underpowered player, and prefer healthier rivals.

Luke7676
09-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Nope. Lmao. If they have that much cash and low stats like that then they don't deserve it. Obviously they could have used that cash to buy better units but they didn't.. So that's there fault haha. I will attack anyone who's ripe for the Pickens :)

overkill 280
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah I agree with Luke. They could change their stats to be better prepared.

joaquim
09-03-2012, 02:26 PM
No with extra characters.

Ryans67
09-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't do it. They need it more then I do. I only attack/raid for BP or valor, so I move to another target out of sympathy. If they have a high level money building, I will hit it just out of curiousity to see what it drops.

Bronson
09-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't care if they don't have cash, those low stat players feed my valor missions without unit loss.

Arizona
09-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone else feel bad for attacking, or repeatedly attacking a rival who has a really weak army and taking a ton of money?
........Nope!

Hivesy
09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Just out of interest when you hit someone who is 1/4 your stats do you still lose units? I do, so even if I'm getting £300k per hit if I lose a comanche helicopter then I'm still losing on the deal. I find stats 1/10th of mine stops me losing units but then they never have free cash. I end up hitting minnows for bp's only and just getting cash from my own buildings. It starting to get a bit boring.......

FromAfar
09-03-2012, 02:36 PM
if they didn't want go get hit, they should have collected or spent.

that being said, in an effort to not level too fast, and also to control the risk/reward ratio, i've been adjusting and focusing on higher value items. i don't think anyone really wants to risk good units for the payoff of a supply depot.

with any attack, it would seem wise to stack the deck in your favor, as much as possible. all things considered, i'd rather attach someone with 1/2 my stats vs 2x.

i do find it interesting when folks retaliate when their stats are no where near even. more the better when they leave a 30k thank you behind. actually, i've gotten lured into that one once or twice myself.

Zoltarov
09-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I mostly pass on the low stat players, sometimes give them tips to do better, when they have 3000 snipers.
If I do hit I pick max 3 buildings. Never too greedy.
I mostly hit mid-high stat players, for max cash and less xp.
I do not have casualties in any raids on money buildings.

Procyon
09-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't feel that bad about it but I try not to pick on any one player for too long. If they come up on my rival list but have quite a few less allies I will look at their inventory and do a quick risk analysis (if they quickly bumped their allies would could they do to me since I'm now on their newsfeed).

Back in the level 20s there were 3 players who funded quite a few of my upgrades with their uncollected big money buidlings. I even left them posts after a couple weeks of heavy hitting asking them if they were playing any more because they never picked up their cash.

Lordsloss
09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I will light out an opponents base becaue I feel like it. Yep, I'm that kind of player. No remorse. No surrender.

Thunder Child
09-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Nope........................

Miner
09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Never feel too bad. The whole point is to find weaker players.

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-03-2012, 05:11 PM
You idiots do remember that this is a WAR GAME......

SeqWins
09-03-2012, 05:13 PM
I can never find anybody out of vault..........

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-03-2012, 05:14 PM
No
No
No
No

Are you stupid?

You do realize this is a war game?

SeqWins
09-03-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm i stupid? hehe

fils
09-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Honestly speaking... Yes. To give one specific example I just attacked one guy with half my strength and that had to military markets and one recycling center ready to be collected. I had enough stamina to "collect for him" :) but I ended up by raiding only one of military markets while feeling something similar to "poor guy :/"...

Yup, I know this is a war game but... well, I'm like this :)

Devin
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
No
No
No
No

Are you stupid?

You do realize this is a war game?

Well 2 things.. Yes, I'm well aware this is a war game, and yes I took the money.. But
1. I prefer some sport.. Beating up the weak gets old real fast, and
2. If you consider that the weak are who most of us farm, ensuring they are strong enough to produce some good money for us to farm is better than obliterating them to the point they produce nothing

MonkeyPuppy2012
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM
No Devin

This is a war game... fight.. lose or win

Speed ump
09-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I never feel guilty about an attack.

Jhoemel
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I dont feel guilty. I always use all my stamina if I see a target. I only attacked though, I dont like raiding because the cas rate is worse when raiding than attacking

Devin
09-03-2012, 08:08 PM
I never feel guilty about an attack.

Hi Speed Ump, I don't imagine too many have stats near yours for you to worry about feeling guilty or not ;) How many rivals actually present a challenge for you, or are there any?

Speed ump
09-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Any that are close are all my allies, so in reality I don't have anyone that could, who would. At least not with my main game, though I have four others I play, all at varying levels.

elangomatt
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't really feel bad about it. I am trying to upgrade my battle points and if I do attack higher level players then I have too many casualties. I usually attack players that are about 25 percent of my attack. I am finally getting close to 390,000 battle points for my next level. I don't know if I will ever make 1,000,000 Battle Points all. if I didn't attack low level player like that then I would lose way too many troops attacking them.

Copenhagen
09-03-2012, 10:52 PM
When attacking an over vault whale, I feel horrible after hit #16 and the "too weak to fight" pop up is displayed. Usually takes about 2-3 hours to feel better again....once i find them on my rival list. It's much more convenient when they decide to counter attack and end up in my news feed.

Corsair
09-03-2012, 10:59 PM
When attacking an over vault whale, I feel horrible after hit #16 and the "too weak to fight" pop up is displayed. Usually takes about 2-3 hours to feel better again....once i find them on my rival list. It's much more convenient when they decide to counter attack and end up in my news feed.Hehe, well said Cope. That's how I feel. The ones I love are those that keep raiding my supply depots and silos after I raid their oil rigs and L10 munitions. I have one now who keeps doing this, even though his stats are half mine since I added allies. Good of him to keep his name at the top of my news feed so I don't have to scroll far. :)

Baraka
09-04-2012, 02:51 AM
It is cool wen they retaliate. There was once one person I stalked for Over 2 weeks he was always over vault and just didn't learn lol. I felt no guilt wat so ever. Lol.

Mcdoc
09-04-2012, 03:42 AM
WoW - its a War Game - Put your Big Girl Panties On. If you feel guilty - then go create a game called Modern Soup Kitchen so you can feel better - LoL

Miner
09-04-2012, 05:28 AM
I feel horrible when I attack someone on my last stamina point and see 300k pop up. Welp, there goes 10 gold for a stamina reset.

bushobama
09-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Just out of interest when you hit someone who is 1/4 your stats do you still lose units? I do, so even if I'm getting £300k per hit if I lose a comanche helicopter then I'm still losing on the deal. I find stats 1/10th of mine stops me losing units but then they never have free cash. I end up hitting minnows for bp's only and just getting cash from my own buildings. It starting to get a bit boring.......

this is exactly how I feel.

Thief
09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
You idiots do remember that this is a WAR GAME......

While it's called a war game....the Mechanics do not support the name. The Best Representation of this WAR game is those with the most money can have the most powerful Armies. Until we See Events that Revolve around Attacking in this game i think it has to fall under a different Category. However going to WAR in Modern WAR has very little incentive for success unless you have a Gold Army or Low Casualty Glitch.

I'm not Complaining as i do Enjoy Modern War...I just don't agree that this is a WAR game.

EDIT: And yes i know we had one event that revolved around attacks...however i believe this was to catch cheaters. If they brought this event back however it would make it much closer to being a War Game.

azy
09-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Oh man, this thread just reminded me that when I set my phone aside 30 min ago, I was sitting on someone's base just waiting for my stamina to replenish so I can finish collecting his buildings. Hey, I have a heart, but this kid has been chirping in Swedish, so I'm giving him a thorough, uh, massage. OK, the jokes just write themselves from here on now.

RobinoftheHood
09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Depends on the mood I'm in. I'd rather hit stronger players and take their money but if there is an event going on, pretty much anything goes.

RobinoftheHood
09-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't spend time looking for weaker players, I don't lose very many units. I'm not saying I have the glitch, just that my casualty rate is low. I attribute it to a couple of bonuses and prudent planning.