PDA

View Full Version : GREE Anniversary...A Black light Affair!

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Flashlights, candles, iphone backlights, android backlights, lighters, fire flies, torches and this computer screen....

These are the things we have been left in the dark "without" to see our way through the treacherous Anniversary quests of beating agent stone at the waterfront. Lower level advantage? Maybe...

Smashed little toes against the corners of walls and tables are the only guarantee when fighting to stay on the top 25 list that we have convinced ourselves is truly made up of only one spot...25th place...Better have bought more gold ;)

But don't worry, there is still hope! Just collect from your buildings 100% of the time...it's not like IPH affects that competition :)

We have been patient, we have been very nice and even appreciative of the anniversary event, but what I believe is unacceptable is the lack of response given toward the community regarding issues of clarity. Do you guys fear the backlash? I think there was a new guy on board if I'm not mistaken. Care to shine any "light" on the matter? But please, allow time for our eyes to adjust...It's been so long!

Unacceptable GREE.

iteachem
09-03-2012, 07:07 AM
I am going to take the opposite opinion on this just for debate sake.. I get we are all frustrated with lack of clarity regarding events, bosses, etc and glitches in these specifics..

But, when I arrived on the forums there was a whole lot of complaining about lack of new content. People wanted new maps, new events, new, new, new

And for the most part Funzio/Gree have responded to such requests.

Maybe they are too quick in rolling this stuff out, but I would rather it be this way than have nothing new. I mean right after the m4 nerf there was absolutely nothing to do but rob/attack...

A lot has changed since then..

Flashlights, candles, iphone backlights, android backlights, lighters, fire flies, torches and this computer screen....

These are the things we have been left in the dark "without" to see our way through the treacherous Anniversary quests of beating agent stone at the waterfront. Lower level advantage? Maybe...

Smashed little toes against the corners of walls and tables are the only guarantee when fighting to stay on the top 25 list that we have convinced ourselves is truly made up of only one spot...25th place...Better have bought more gold ;)

But don't worry, there is still hope! Just collect from your buildings 100% of the time...it's not like IPH affects that competition :)

We have been patient, we have been very nice and even appreciative of the anniversary event, but what I believe is unacceptable is the lack of response given toward the community regarding issues of clarity. Do you guys fear the backlash? I think there was a new guy on board if I'm not mistaken. Care to shine any "light" on the matter? But please, allow time for our eyes to adjust...It's been so long!

Unacceptable GREE.

Euchred
09-03-2012, 07:14 AM
It just would have been more fun for the community if we got an updated leader board every couple days. I'm not complaining though I like the direction the game is going.

Babytway
09-03-2012, 07:20 AM
I am going to take the opposite opinion on this just for debate sake.. I get we are all frustrated with lack of clarity regarding events, bosses, etc and glitches in these specifics..

But, when I arrived on the forums there was a whole lot of complaining about lack of new content. People wanted new maps, new events, new, new, new

Maybe they are too quick in rolling this stuff out, but I would rather it be this way than have nothing new. I mean right after the m4 nerf there was absolutely nothing to do but rob/attack...

A lot has changed since then..

i dont think he is talking bout new content or new events being introduced, he is just referring to the anniversary event and how some of the parts werent clarified or questions answered in the announcement thread. but CCM did answer about the free weapon ignored all other questions and then posted other threads introducing new staff but still ignored the event clarification

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 07:20 AM

A lot has changed since then..I will agree with you that the rolling out of new content, per se, is something to be very appreciative of.

However, I can't help but to feel as though when a consumer is spending money, he should receive some sort of service in return no?

I always feel as though the exchange of goods and service for cash should always be accompanied with better service to make consumers feel that their money has been well spent. The advantages of doing so stretch far beyond the now (order specific):

-Consumer expectations
-Consumer happiness (when expectations of service are fulfilled)
-Consumer loyalty
-Consumer investing (long term)

iteachem
09-03-2012, 07:25 AM
I will agree with you that the rolling out of new content, per se, is something to be very appreciative of.

However, I can't help but to feel as though when a consumer is spending money, he should receive some sort of service in return no?

I always feel as though the exchange of goods and service for cash should always be accompanied with better service to make consumers feel that their money has been well spent. The advantages of doing so stretch far beyond the now (order specific):

-Consumer expectations
-Consumer happiness (when expectations of service are fulfilled)
-Consumer loyalty
-Consumer investing (long term)

well stated points.. I agree...I guess since I don't really spend money on events (including the anniversary event given the top 25 would seem it mandatory to spend to get into those slots) that I don't quite have that perspective yet...

iteachem
09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
i dont think he is talking bout new content or new events being introduced, he is just referring to the anniversary event and how some of the parts werent clarified or questions answered in the announcement thread. but CCM did answer about the free weapon ignored all other questions and then posted other threads introducing new staff but still ignored the event clarification

Yup.. need to read more carefully.. was lumping in several recent issues.. what was the response about the free weapon.. didn't see it

Euchred
09-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Yup.. need to read more carefully.. was lumping in several recent issues.. what was the response about the free weapon.. didn't see it

Just an update on the original post in the announcement thread stating that it would be awarded at the end.

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Yup.. need to read more carefully.. was lumping in several recent issues.. what was the response about the free weapon.. didn't see itThey will award them, instead,after the event is over. This might be a long week!

iteachem
09-03-2012, 07:30 AM
They will award them, instead,after the event is over. This might be a long week!

thanks... extra characters.

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 07:35 AM
No prob teach!

On another note, what do you guys think goes into dishing out these kinds of prizes? From my ignorant perspective, it seems as easy as clicking a check box next to a players code and or name to enable new content.

I'm hoping that it isn't as tedious as manually entering in peoples codes, to then add some kind of enabling to allow them a new weapon...that just seems ridiculous, but might be why things take longer than we have an understanding for eh?

kitzune
09-03-2012, 07:47 AM
There is also what ever relationship Gree has with Tapjoy. I wouldn't be surprised that the people who try things there help Gree and tapjoy get money.

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 07:51 AM
There is also what ever relationship Gree has with Tapjoy. I wouldn't be surprised that the people who try things there help Gree and tapjoy get money.Can you elaborate? You mean the customers, employees or both?

iteachem
09-03-2012, 08:04 AM
No prob teach!

On another note, what do you guys think goes into dishing out these kinds of prizes? From my ignorant perspective, it seems as easy as clicking a check box next to a players code and or name to enable new content.

I'm hoping that it isn't as tedious as manually entering in peoples codes, to then add some kind of enabling to allow them a new weapon...that just seems ridiculous, but might be why things take longer than we have an understanding for eh?

ask mxz on that.. he seems to be one that knows how they pull data from the game.. I bet he could write code faster than they do to fix this

AFed
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
ask mxz on that.. he seems to be one that knows how they pull data from the game.. I bet he could write code faster than they do to fix this

You should be easily able to do this. Just write code that iterates through each player and checks their last login time. If that time is after a certain date, then add to inventory. If their program/data structures are set up properly, this code should take 1-2 minutes to add.

iteachem
09-03-2012, 11:41 AM
You should be easily able to do this. Just write code that iterates through each player and checks their last login time. If that time is after a certain date, then add to inventory. If their program/data structures are set up properly, this code should take 1-2 minutes to add.

Which is why it will take a few weeks

Tomatoneverdie
09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
This is like the public transportation system, doesn't matter how much taxes you pay (G Wiz a lot, iteachem not so much), everyone is getting the same service.

But G Wiz got a good point, big spenders are the ones that keeps this game alive for most of us free players. I don't think it is too much to ask for Gree to have a special support group for the high rollers.

As for free players like me, Gree support has be great, Boss Event is unreal, and there are far less cheaters than a couple months ago. This game still has flaws, but I think Gree IS trying....

mxz
09-03-2012, 01:41 PM
I wrote that last night while playing horse shoes. :)

Would have thought they wrote it previously, in anticipation of the event...then just have it on a timer to run when the event ends.

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I wrote that last night while playing horse shoes. :)

Would have thought they wrote it previously, in anticipation of the event...then just have it on a timer to run when the event ends.Well I guess the customers end up suffering in this case...You need to send support an email, let them know its so easy, a caveman can do it. You too Afed ;)

mxz
09-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Well I guess the customers end up suffering in this case...You need to send support an email, let them know its so easy, a caveman can do it. You too Afed ;)I could probably just send them the code if I had their API...

Euchred
09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I could probably just send them the code if I had their API...

Best post I've read all day

G Wiz
09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I could probably just send them the code if I had their API...Talk about GREE toilet paper lol...yea, you just did it on em.

AFed
09-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I could probably just send them the code if I had their API...

Yeah. All the bugs makes me think they didn't modularize their code correctly or use proper object-oriented principles. And/or they are somehow are having issues with syncing multiple things at once, but that shouldn't be too difficult to correct. Might be a bit more difficult if they're using C instead of C++ and have to account for pointers, but should be easy enough.

Three lines...simple pseudocode (adapt to whatever language):

for player in players:
if player.get_last_login() > event_start_time:
player.add_weapon(this_weapon)

Also could contain a (n x 5) sorted array (by player_id) with each row corresponding to [player_id, robs_made, attacks_won, jobs_completed, income_earned]. Every n minutes just loop through and update the array. Leaderboards could then be calculated super quickly.

AFed
09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Well I guess the customers end up suffering in this case...You need to send support an email, let them know its so easy, a caveman can do it. You too Afed ;)

Nah my time is better sent trying to find you on the rivals list and rob your 1mil IPH :)

mxz
09-04-2012, 05:23 AM
iOS native apps are Objective C. The most popular cross platform development tools are Java-like. Not sure why OO principles would make a difference when writing a script (like the one you pseudo-coded). Actually, for something like that you wouldn't want to create and instantiate objects due to the time. You're already in a race condition to iterate thru all players, that puppy needs to churn thru all players quick.

AFed
09-04-2012, 07:19 AM
iOS native apps are Objective C. The most popular cross platform development tools are Java-like. Not sure why OO principles would make a difference when writing a script (like the one you pseudo-coded). Actually, for something like that you wouldn't want to create and instantiate objects due to the time. You're already in a race condition to iterate thru all players, that puppy needs to churn thru all players quick.

Not necessarily pure OO. But you would think they would have to have stuff organized for easy input. Regardless, should take less time for them to get this programmed than it is :)

mxz
09-04-2012, 07:21 AM
No debate, there. They could add it onto their cheat detection scripts...

Lots of different ways to accomplish it, actually...

G Wiz
09-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Afed and mxz you guys need to stop cursing in different languages, it's very offensive.

Nah my time is better sent trying to find you on the rivals list and rob your 1mil IPH :)lol yea aye? I might just have to move my things to your hood ;)

Ramshutu
09-04-2012, 03:18 PM
AFed: the server back end is running a massive database. Adding automatic code to dish out rewards automatically isn't hard, storing the snapshot of the leader board at exactly the right time so that searching it neither locks out everyone, or gives people at the end of the list requires more effort and time (not to mention having to manually check for cheaters). If people are spread over multiple segmented databases, this makes the problem harder as you have to collate all the lists.

MXZ: I can't help but point out that a race condition is not something that needs to be done fast....

The bugs in CC is because it's a 'platform'. the code (not just the server) works in flash, iOS and android. The differences between the two aren't horrible but often means that tweaks to one break the other. Glitches and exploits occurr because CC has to minimise data traffic when operating on mobiles, that will be super slow if everything is done server side. Aside from android, CC iOS is pretty stable, aside from the fact FiFi the bearded lady actually does not have a beard.

The issues with gree are not technical, they are not even really down to the support staff (which are generally excellent). Most of the problems are because both the support and technical developers are underfunded.

Oh, and hi btw.

Paulio
09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Ramshutu, good to see you. Are you back?

AFed
09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
AFed: the server back end is running a massive database. Adding automatic code to dish out rewards automatically isn't hard, storing the snapshot of the leader board at exactly the right time so that searching it neither locks out everyone, or gives people at the end of the list requires more effort and time (not to mention having to manually check for cheaters). If people are spread over multiple segmented databases, this makes the problem harder as you have to collate all the lists.

MXZ: I can't help but point out that a race condition is not something that needs to be done fast....

The bugs in CC is because it's a 'platform'. the code (not just the server) works in flash, iOS and android. The differences between the two aren't horrible but often means that tweaks to one break the other. Glitches and exploits occurr because CC has to minimise data traffic when operating on mobiles, that will be super slow if everything is done server side. Aside from android, CC iOS is pretty stable, aside from the fact FiFi the bearded lady actually does not have a beard.

The issues with gree are not technical, they are not even really down to the support staff (which are generally excellent). Most of the problems are because both the support and technical developers are underfunded.

Oh, and hi btw.

Well said. But since a lot of the data is stored on your own device, you should, when you start an event, have a variable on the device that records the number of items collected (for one of the leaderboard events). When the end time is reached on the server, that number freezes, and that result is pushed back to the server. Certainly, capturing everything instantly at the end from the server is not possible, but the issue should be easily resolved within a very short period of time. Small problems could occur, e.g. if the device is off at the end of the event, but it should definitely be easier than it is.

I didn't realize there were any "CC iOS/Android" platforms that ran in flash...I thought Android followed Apple and is discontinuing future support for flash.

I agree with the support staff...I've been very pleased with their handling of the issues that I have personally had. It may take a while, but stuff gets resolved in the correct way.

Ramshutu
09-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Well said. But since a lot of the data is stored on your own device, you should, when you start an event, have a variable on the device that records the number of items collected (for one of the leaderboard events). When the end time is reached on the server, that number freezes, and that result is pushed back to the server. Certainly, capturing everything instantly at the end from the server is not possible, but the issue should be easily resolved within a very short period of time. Small problems could occur, e.g. if the device is off at the end of the event, but it should definitely be easier than it is.

I didn't realize there were any "CC iOS/Android" platforms that ran in flash...I thought Android followed Apple and is discontinuing future support for flash.

CC doesn't put sensitive parameters like that on the client any more, it's too easy to hack/exploit. It would be difficult to detect in some cases too, it would certainly be a poor solution as you would need special handling for all the different categories. Recording it in the database and just doing a dump, get and sort works for everything easily enough.

The Facebook version, I believe runs inside Facebook using flash, but saying that, I'm not totally sure.

And Paulio, I think I'm back. Deleted my iOS accounts, and am playing on android (so im back in between crashes and shouting at thenphone) now that I actually have a dataplan that lets me play for more than 10 seconds. Missing all the gold and event items though....

There were only so many hours that I can spend building models of the starship enterprise on pocket Minecraft.

joaquim
09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Good to see you posting again Ramshutu!

Ramshutu
09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Good to see you posting again Ramshutu!

Posting about code, software on the internet etc is my batsignal.

Euchred
09-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi Ram =) I feel your minecraft frustration, I wish the xbox version was the same as PC I want to enchant!

mxz
09-04-2012, 05:05 PM
CC doesn't put sensitive parameters like that on the client any more, it's too easy to hack/exploit. It would be difficult to detect in some cases too, it would certainly be a poor solution as you would need special handling for all the different categories. Recording it in the database and just doing a dump, get and sort works for everything easily enough.Not to mention if your device cleaned the data (or you reinstalled) you'd lose that data...

What makes you so sure they're running common code and not natively? I don't think I've seen any evidence either way. I assumed native for iOS to start since there was no Android, and kept that assumption when Android came out due to the general lack of features and numerous bugs. I guess it makes just as much sense to be HTML5 based, but I wouldn't think the experience would be so different on the two OS's.

G Wiz
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
I feel a banhammer coming for all this foreign language cussin' lol :P

Hey Ram, wassup bro? You know who else says wassup bro?

MY MOM!