PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Age - device memory hog?

custos
09-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I recently read on c|net about a program to reclaim unused space on iOS devices. Apparently it works by "removing long-term caches, cookies, and temporary and junk files generated by many apps or the result of failed iTunes syncs" -- no data, Apps, photos or music is removed. Here's the link:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57501750-285/reclaim-storage-space-on-your-ios-device-with-phoneclean/

So I ran it on my iPad and it found 2.3 Gb of space to reclaim, including something like 12000 files for 650 Mb of space associated with Kingdom Age. So I hit the clean button and sure enough I got the 2.3 Gb back on my iPad an no ill-effects on any of the apps installed. In fact I think some of them seem to run a little quicker but that could be my imagination. So I wonder what all the additional junk is that KA installs in the iPad?

By the way, in case you're wondering, I have no association whatsoever with the (free) PhoneClean program. I just have an iPad that's full and was looking to recover some space.

steve_r
09-02-2012, 10:02 PM
When you go to view ally / rival units, does it show icons
or does it spin around redownloading them? That's something that
might be considered cached data. But probably not 100's of MB worth.

steve_r
09-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Actually a better guess would be downloaded rival kingdoms, sitting in the cache
waiting for the OS to clean them.

BadNews
09-03-2012, 02:21 AM
all buildings image, all maps image, all monsters, all units image, all equipment image are saved in the download caches.
If you delete them, you have to download them again.

Valid or
09-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you for the link, I had thought the iPad and iPod was maintenance free, guess tsr(terminate and stay) programs exist on all types of computers/devices. But overall the pad is much more maintenance free than my gateway or acer(laptop).