PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Defense Buildings

kaz
09-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm still debating with myself, so I'd love to hear your opinions.

Besides Gatling turrets, Machine Guns and Missile Turrets, do you think it's a good decision to upgrade larger defense buildings like Muay thai, Sniper's dens and Surveillance center?

I see a lot of HL players that follow this strategy, but some are totally against it.

What do you think?

joaquim
09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Don't do machine gun turrets.

Olly1
09-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Machine guns are a major time waster. They're barely even good for the holes they fill

There's quite a few HL players upgrading surveillance centres etc to level 3+ but I'm not sure why as their effective stats aren't true. Maybe in the hope that the defence buildings will be 'fixed' at a later date? I'm sure it scares off less informed players too though

P.S Joaquim pm sent...EDIT: No, pm not sent....you've been banned :S

Juaco
09-01-2012, 02:56 PM
PM this account, Olly.

Swearengen
09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Machine guns are a major time waster. They're barely even good for the holes they fill

There's quite a few HL players upgrading surveillance centres etc to level 3+ but I'm not sure why as their effective stats aren't true. Maybe in the hope that the defence buildings will be 'fixed' at a later date? I'm sure it scares off less informed players too though

P.S Joaquim pm sent...EDIT: No, pm not sent....you've been banned :S

know the body guard agency stats were way over inflated but Surv center effective stats are not accurate?

Swearengen
09-01-2012, 03:00 PM
generally it looks like folks are upgrading surv centers, gattlings, missle turrets and sniper dens to 3 or 4...

dudeman
09-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Well, I'm still debating with myself, so I'd love to hear your opinions.

Besides Gatling turrets, Machine Guns and Missile Turrets, do you think it's a good decision to upgrade larger defense buildings like Muay thai, Sniper's dens and Surveillance center?

I see a lot of HL players that follow this strategy, but some are totally against it.

What do you think?

I think you pretty much explained it already, but maybe you don't see it. A lot of the people you see starting to use the (upgraded) defense building strategy are HL players. Many of them have strong economies built by the time they've reached level 200, including all the available money buildings that one might want to have.

The problem is that eventually it costs hundreds of millions to do one upgrade. In some cases, especially for those with faster upgrade modifiers and no -30% bonus, saving for upgrades can take several days. Often longer than it takes to complete an expensive upgrade. During that time when a money building upgrade is unaffordable it makes perfect sense to find something else to upgrade. Instead of upgrading nothing, why not upgrade a cheap defense building? It's not as if it's entirely ineffective, and does it really matter if it inflates profile defense?

The biggest reason why I never bothered with defense buildings at lower levels is because I put my cash towards my economy as much as possible. Now that I have all the money buildings I want there's nothing left to build. Should I build nothing? :cool:

itzkakarot
09-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I personally opt for maxing out Gatlings and Missile Turrets (both of which I'll probably only take to lvl 2) because I'd rather spend the larger real-estate space on Money buildings than bloated def ones.