PDA

View Full Version : Raided with no hope for retaliation

marebear
08-31-2012, 07:01 AM
So I always seemed to be raided by people with crappy bases. Last night my nano, two military markets, space center etc were all raided. I know I know, collect on time, but I work per diem so my work shifts are all over the place so when I do overnights and collect it throws off my collection times. Also I've been upgrading money buildings so they are out of sync. Just wondering if you all just suck it up and move on or what. I hate these types of players as how am I supposed to exact revenge when they have no freakin money buildings??? This player has two munition stockpiles 8 and 10 and one MM and that is it. All the rest are really low money buildings. Our stats are similar, so basically I feel like I'm being punished for having an economy. Pounding his base for him to lose density seems pointless as my units drop like flies. I don't know, I think I just needed to rant. Build some freakin money buildings ffs.

Agent Orange
08-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Well, I've been running into a lot of players lately who have put all their skill points into attack, eh Jones...

Problem with doing this is if you have neglected your defence then you are quit vulnerable to attack. In your case they don't have anything to raid, so I would look at their armies composition. Are they heavy on air or sea. If one or the other go heavy on strong against units and make yourself a not so tasty target.

I wound up going with 1400 Global Hawk Drones, and am now adding in a lot of SSDs with some scouts for good measure. I find the bulk of the guys attacking are heavy on air so I take down all their expensive valour units. I can tell when they loose their second run that My defenses are working.

Of course if the attacker has an all gold army you're screwed....

Ryans67
08-31-2012, 07:30 AM
I got into it with a guy for a while, back and forth. We could hit each other, but he had nothing to lose in terms of money buildings. Finally after a while of adding defensive units, he couldn't touch me anymore. The even better end of the story is when he hits the higher levels, and can't rely on raiding as an economy....

Tctiger
08-31-2012, 08:00 AM
i would just forget about it a few payments lost is nothing in the big picture , if he keeps attacking you just build up your army so he can't attack you , if he is a lot higher stat wise wait until he levels up and is gone or level up a bit to keep out his way .

overkill 280
08-31-2012, 08:08 AM
You could just keep hitting his munitions.

Aidan
08-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Its a known or maybe not so known tactic especially the cas glitchers to attack you, failed and left you a bit of money.
Now, if you attack him/her back, you're trapped. They dont have anything worthwhile to be raid in their base. They will keep on coming back at you, raid and be a pest untill you drop off from their newsfeed. They can do that because they dont have to replace units like us do. Their replacement cost is very low.

Poopenshire
08-31-2012, 08:38 AM
I have had my fair share of run ins with glitchers, well documeted here too. Thankfully they don't win raids against me either, but for me its the matter of lost units winning in defense and winning in attacking. Its complete BS that I constantly lose units when winning. I stopped attacking completely.

ckos
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
They could be baiting you, To get you on their news feed. I usually suck it up and move on.

Once you're on their news feed, they will never stop. Not worth retaliating if there is no gain.

Arj
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I think i can relate to this, ive been getting hit maybe once a week sometimes winning/losing which isnt really a problem. Im in the higher end of my rivals list as far as stats go but every once in a while a player will hit me with a army of 60%+ valour units. They typically have terrible IPH and a pretty poor unit collection apart from the masses of superhornets or whichever unit they gather(ive seen a player with 180 allies and 360super hornets+ 200 more other valour units).
They also have massive fight/raid wins, and amazing ratios compared to the lost.
I cant see how this is possible...id lose multiple valour units every hit if i even got near that number..

The problem with this is even with high stats for my range, i cant go over the vault limit safely without one of these types of players hitting me. Ive also noticed they level ridiculously fast(a level a day up to 75) and thats probably the reason their IPH is so poor.

Casualty glitch must be nice to have lol....

marebear
08-31-2012, 01:10 PM
Lmao, just found this comment on his wall from another player... "I was angry that you stole a few dollars from me but then I saw how ****** ur base and income were and felt sorry for you. if u need to scrounge around and steal a few dollars from me again feel free to."

Arizona
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm sure you already know Mary, to check the base that attacks you, but sometimes even if it looks like you can beat on them, it's better to walk away. If someone stole from me and their base looked easy, I wouldn't touch it unless the payoff was worth it. I'd hate to get locked into someone's feed for a few weeks because of a loss, and especially knowing this rival has already beaten me. I just note their level and stats and keep an eye on them. Kinda gives a mental target to aim for in the short term.
Think of all those little people you've beaten up and the people they beat on. It's a giant fish tank. Big fish eat smaller fish and so on. Happy hunting MB:)

Speed ump
08-31-2012, 02:12 PM
I have a game that I purposely have really high st rength for my level, and very low defense. Cloaked base. I attack someone, then when they attack back, the trap is set. I have nothing for them to attack on that game, and I can easily attack them back, even if they take the boosts down. It's funny when they realize what I have done, but it's too late by then. They think I just have not planned my strategy well at first.

Bronson
08-31-2012, 02:17 PM
I have a game that I purposely have really high st rength for my level, and very low defense. Cloaked base. I attack someone, then when they attack back, the trap is set. I have nothing for them to attack on that game, and I can easily attack them back, even if they take the boosts down. It's funny when they realize what I have done, but it's too late by then. They think I just have not planned my strategy well at first.

That's actually quite cunning, I like it!

marebear
08-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Speed ump your inbox is full :(

marebear
08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Sometimes I wish my iPhone was jail broken so I could have multi accounts on one device. My 3 year old has claimed my iPad as his.

Bronson
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Sometimes I wish my iPhone was jail broken so I could have multi accounts on one device. My 3 year old has claimed my iPad as his.

Had that problem a few days ago, my son sold my manor in KA and almost blocked Cheiz in MW lol

Mad
08-31-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm sure you already know Mary, to check the base that attacks you, but sometimes even if it looks like you can beat on them, it's better to walk away. If someone stole from me and their base looked easy, I wouldn't touch it unless the payoff was worth it. I'd hate to get locked into someone's feed for a few weeks because of a loss, and especially knowing this rival has already beaten me. I just note their level and stats and keep an eye on them. Kinda gives a mental target to aim for in the short term.
Think of all those little people you've beaten up and the people they beat on. It's a giant fish tank. Big fish eat smaller fish and so on. Happy hunting MB:)

I agree -- as gratifying as it may seem, revenge is a very poor form of strategy.