PDA

View Full Version : Boss Event or Crate Event?

CRAWFORD
08-30-2012, 09:58 PM
What are you're guys thoughts, generally when it comes to these two events and I have enough resources or gold for one of these events. Which is a better deal and productive? If there are circumstances what are they where one would be better than the other, though not normally, why? Interested to hear your replies.

Gambit12
08-30-2012, 10:01 PM
What are you're guys thoughts, generally when it comes to these two events and I have enough resources or gold for one of these events. Which is a better deal and productive? If there are circumstances what are they where one would be better than the other, though not normally, why? Interested to hear your replies.

LE event is 100% that you will receive it..

dthfrmabv
08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
should edit your poll to include (c) none of the current events (d) just buy LE's (e) don't buy gold

manbeast
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
depends. if you can make to to boss number 25 without gold- boss events are a good deal. if you can only beat 15-20 bosses for free, i dont think its worth it. theres no bonus (casualty rate/upgrade times/valor boost/ etc) with boss events. its JUST gold units which don't mean much in the long run. might increase your overall stats by 2%. woohoo.

the bonuses given out in the crate events are give you a priceless advantage.

Ranger4Life
08-30-2012, 10:43 PM
I think it varies per player.

On my HLP I would do the crate events because I don't mind leveling and can get 200 crates fairly easily.

On my LLP I always do the Boss events because it doesn't cause me to level up and I can get 31 indestructible units with less than 500 gold. I think within two months I will no longer even have to use gold to beat the boss.

I actually even started a third account that is in super slow turtle mode (only PVE to trigger boss and no PVP) that I will never use any gold on. I'm already able to beat 18 bosses and should also be able to beat all 30 within two months. If the boss events don't change, then this will give me an all gold army without spending a single gold bar.

Warfiend
08-30-2012, 10:55 PM
For me, comparing the current crate events to the boss events is a very simple black and white choice. The boss events have consistently given better units for much less xp accumulated(less than half a level). In fact, this event and the last event have delivered a lot more stat boost than any of the old(better) crate events that I won(unless the bear ever starts working) and I didn't even come close to 30. Spending 40 gold in the event gives me two more chances for a good unit, and most of the time the extra bosses have delivered at least an uncommon if not a rare.

The current crate event prizes that offer a bonus are simply not winnable for me. I don't have that kind of disposable income and wouldn't spend it on these events if I did. The units I can get for free are basically 2, one of which is slightly better than a boss event uncommon, but nowhere near a boss event rare(the other one is not even as good as the uncommon). And I go up at least a level just to get them. Spending 40 gold in the event is a joke and will deliver approximately jack spit for an advantage.

So that's how it looks to me from where I'm at.

Tctiger
08-31-2012, 06:01 AM
how about neither , boss event is only one i play and thats not great .

Miner
08-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Not even a question for me. For 350-400 gold I can take down all 30 bosses. I'm averaging around 2250 attack/defense points on the units I get during those events. 350 gold won't get you into the top 500 (maybe) and you can 6 units with mediocre stats.

Thief
08-31-2012, 09:50 AM
No offense to the OP but the Poll isn't clear. Crate Event we Refer to as 10-Crates to get a Bonus Item. Or Auction Events are where you open up Crates but are competing to spend the most money.

Personally I would Rank Boss #1, Crate #2 and i won't Participate in Auction Events.
(Also Note that i probably only Rate Crates #2 because i never won even when i thought i would have won for sure with the time remaining...it was frustrating...but i still would like to play them)

Bronson
08-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Boss event without a doubt.

Baraka
08-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Boss event is 100% best. It's like miner says you can get 30 indesturctie items and even as a free player your likely to get to at least 15 and get good units. Plus for me it's more fun and depending on your situation you can activate the boss for cost of 1 xp whereas LEscan level you up twice just to compet. Plus your talking 5000 gold plus to be In top 500

Q Raider
08-31-2012, 05:44 PM
HLP
Gets six to seven elite's down mostly for units that add nothing to attack or Defence. Then it just becomes a pain remembering not to have it trigger and nerf cash/loot payouts.

LLP
Got last three elite's down, first was totally free, second and third with under 200 gold. Obvious choice here is Elite event.

HLP in auction events:
Effectively forced to camp now, in the zone where the heavy gold spenders are chasing boxes. If you drop one during an attack then they keep attacking to see if you have any more. Add in the Valor and Cash have been nerfed, they award penalty grunts and the other unit drops are as useful as tree snipers and it is a complete Crap event all round.

LLP in auction events:
Would level up too quickly trying to chase boxes and wouldn't expect to get to 15 anyway. Play if have a crate that is it. Odd thing, never had a grunt award on my LLP where it wouldn't matter.

Summing up the only event worthwhile participating in is the Elite event with my LLP.

LLP in auction events

Copenhagen
08-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Auction event is pointless unless you are making a run for the top 1 - 25 - or 50 in order to get the boost bonus. You will spend a whole lot more than the old 10 item events although the prize is more exclusive.

I vote boss.

General Soviet
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Boss events get you more prizes, but they aren't guaranteed to be good. Still, I like them better then the auctions.

El Cid
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Boss event without a doubt, for now.The crate events make you level up way to fast (went 10 level up at last event) and didn't get the cherry.

Lift Ticket
09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I like the boss event and wish Gree would bring back the 10 item event.

RobinoftheHood
09-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Boss events are better especially if you are under level 150 and even better if you are under level 100.

RobinoftheHood
09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
As for all of us above level 150 the boss events add 5 - 7 units without gold and maybe 1-2 will be rare.