PDA

View Full Version : My advice for the auction events

Mad
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I haven't participated in either of the auction events and for one reason -- I would level up like crazy. PVE -- which is necessary during the early stages to find crates -- is nothing but a XP accumulation machine.

GREE wants people to participate in these events -- obviously the more participation the better chance people will spend gold -- but perhaps the single biggest inhibitor to full participation in the Auction events is the amount of XP players accumulate to find the crates.

So on one hand they throw out these prizes for the events to get people interested and then on the other hand they have a feature -- XP collection -- that stops people from participating. The same with the grunts, people treat them as a punishment, not a reward.

It is like stepping on the gas, while your foot is on the brake.

My advice to GREE: if you want full blown participation and all out war in the Auction event, turn off the XP accumulation during the event.

Just try it once and see what happens.

ladyfizz27
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
You can turn off xp accumulation??

Agent Orange
08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
One thing I have noticed is participation is falling off in these new style events. IMHO they are a lot more difficult to make a lot of progress so I think a lot of players have either stopped playing them or are only doing free opens when they think of it.

Another thing that is probably stopping people is that the leaders get so far out ahead of everyone else the folks that don't have deep pockets or technical skills just look at it say screw it and from the looks of this current one the folks with deep pockets have also said screw it.

Deskjockey
08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Amen--that's what is stopping me from participating in this second auction. I've gotten a handful of crates when I triggered bosses, but that's it. Other than that, I'm sitting this one out. I much prefer the KA auction format, where the crate drop rate is much more reasonable, and you can easily collect 40 boxes by hitting monsters that only give you 3 to 6 XP each. There is absolutely no way to do something similar in MW. Even then, the whole idea of the auction events is a lot lamer than the original 10-unit events.

Mad
08-30-2012, 04:00 PM
You can turn off xp accumulation??

No, we can't turn it off, the only ones who can turn it off is GREE. Sorry I wasn't really clear on what I was saying. I am just saying if GREE wants full participation during an auction event, GREE should turn off the XP accumulation for the period covering the event.

ladyfizz27
08-30-2012, 04:02 PM
No, we can't turn it off, the only ones who can turn it off is GREE. Sorry I wasn't really clear on what I was saying. I am just saying if GREE want full participation during an auction event, let everyone know you have turned off the experience accumulation during the event.

Ah I see, I was a little confused! It would make sense for them to do it. It's still not going to convince me to buy gold though

joaquim
08-30-2012, 04:03 PM
My advice: Don't participate.

Fl@sh
08-30-2012, 04:04 PM
One could only wish.

manbeast
08-30-2012, 04:14 PM
at lvl 136, xp doesnt have any negative effect on you! lucky

and i love the idea of turning xp off!

but they will never do it. they want people to level up, thats the whole reason behind the stupid events

Ryans67
08-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm only collecting boxes through PVP which I do normally, although only raiding armories and supply depots. I am 129, and will avoid 130 for at least a month. If that means stopping PVP, then I will stop events also...

albeezy
08-30-2012, 04:27 PM
After a caertainpoint leveling doesn't matter. You can't beat the boss past 7 without gold nounvaultes cash without 100k plus stats and your either gold player or not

BigDog146400220
08-30-2012, 04:34 PM
at lvl 136, xp doesnt have any negative effect on you! lucky

and i love the idea of turning xp off!

but they will never do it. they want people to level up, thats the whole reason behind the stupid events

I think you are 100% correct. The events are mainly apart of the game to get low level players up into the whale zone. I have to admit I leveled far too quickly because of the collect 10. I enjoyed that style event so I played. These new auction things are a joke. I'm not spending thousands of dollars to try and out spend someone else for a prize. And obviously, The authorities know that some people will spend money at all costs to win these things so it's a win-win for them. I'm not downing the spenders... To each his/her own. If you got the means and it makes you happy then go for it. Just saying I'm done with it...unless they bring back my collect 10 :p

Tctiger
08-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm levelling up a lot slower now due to not playing box event , rubs it in a bit that android have our ten box event now :( shame about frequent flyer program too as that was one reason I played that event , feel a bit tricked now especially as can't see bear boost after actually getting 10 .

Ssne
08-30-2012, 05:08 PM
This thread is spot on. Auction style is terrible but I would at least do it and try to get a few units if getting the boxes wasn't such a leveling exercise. I guess they are only concerned about max profit and I assume that the heavy spenders spend more in this type of format.

Poopenshire
08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Unless you have a 2nd mortgage to spend on this game per month don't participate. These events are pure and simple attempts to get cash out of customers hands. Free and how gold players do not stand a chance. Save your time and effort.

Bob_55
08-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Good call Poop

Gambit12
08-30-2012, 06:06 PM
No, we can't turn it off, the only ones who can turn it off is GREE. Sorry I wasn't really clear on what I was saying. I am just saying if GREE wants full participation during an auction event, GREE should turn off the XP accumulation for the period covering the event.

Just wondering why most people don't wanna level up.. Whats wrong when you level up..??

Mad
08-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Just wondering why most people don't wanna level up.. Whats wrong when you level up..??

The higher you go, the tougher the opponents become. To build a decent army you need cash and you need to upgrade unit buildings. All this takes lots of time.

If you level up too fast you end up not having enough cash flow and end up with a weak army and become nothing but cannon fodder for opposing players.

Gambit12
08-30-2012, 06:22 PM
The higher you go, the tougher the opponents become. To build a decent army you need cash and you need to upgrade unit buildings. All this takes lots of time.

If you level up too fast you end up not having enough cash flow and end up with a weak army and become nothing but cannon fodder for opposing players.

good point.. i got you.. all i was doing is to level up just to load up my energy, get valor pts, & battle pts to get promoted... Now i'm just going to take it easy then and upgrade my money & boost bldgs for now... What if you have a full energy then your not gonna use it for PvE so that you won't level up so fast..??

Ssne
08-30-2012, 06:26 PM

For me, I am just so/so on A/D for my level, so I will just get relatively weaker by leveling quickly. Not to mention it's that much harder on the boss events.

Mcdoc
08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Just wondering why most people don't wanna level up.. Whats wrong when you level up..??Once you hit level 90 - you m ight as well level up to 200 - the game is over for you if you didn't camp between levels 10 & 80.

One more thing that sucks about these Auction Events is that I can't even get to #10 - just 8 or 9 - which at level 9 I used to get a prize at 3 - 5 - 7 & 9 - but now at 9 I only get ONE Prize.

Gambit12
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Once you hit level 90 - you m ight as well level up to 200 - the game is over for you if you didn't camp between levels 10 & 80.

One more thing that sucks about these Auction Events is that I can't even get to #10 - just 8 or 9 - which at level 9 I used to get a prize at 3 - 5 - 7 & 9 - but now at 9 I only get ONE Prize.

Hey Mcdoc, how do you get that rank insignia bigger in your signature?? how can i get mine bigger??

albeezy
08-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Need to add some allies please. Thanks. 167169946. Got a ffn coming up! Thanks!

Ph4ntom Stranger
08-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Totally agree with you guys on the state of the auction style events are a joke. Being an android player I haven't even seen those or the boss events. As for the android crate events so far the drop rates are an absolute joke too. I apparently got the most crates (a mere 30) out of forum members who posted on the last tracking thread. I only got nine parts and leveled 8 times in the process. The new event that started today is even worse so far. My economy won't be up to snuff if i keep leveling at that rate. On the bright side all of you on the forum have great advice and have helped me a TON! so thx:)

BigDog146400220
08-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Once you hit level 90 - you m ight as well level up to 200 - the game is over for you if you didn't camp between levels 10 & 80.

This may not apply to everyone, but I am still able to camp in the 90s. Been here for months and able to do pretty well so far. I think it may have something to do with that I was already in the 90s before they did the infrastructure update.

marebear
08-30-2012, 08:05 PM
I just hit level 83. Ive been at 82 for weeks now. No events. Been trying to wait out the 90=whale territory snafu. Still waiting....

Copenhagen
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Need to add some allies please. Thanks. 167169946. Got a ffn coming up! Thanks!

Invite sent.

Not sure if this will make your headline news, but I was able to catch some behind the scenes conversation at Gree head quarters. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39083-Auction-event-2-blueprints-tracking-thread&p=392988#post392988

albeezy
08-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the add cope! Guess we will have to see what tomorrows news will be. I don't even know what it will be yet and wouldn't tell anyone even if I did. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Always looking for good stories it is hard to keep up with all you guys and your battles one intel!

MonkeyPuppy2012
08-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I agree 100 % with this