PDA

View Full Version : Non-gold Event

Vile Lynn
08-30-2012, 01:01 PM
How crazy would it be IF they had an event where gold could not be used??

Dravak
08-30-2012, 01:05 PM
That would be the bomb , but still think am going to win those , sam probaly too , betting on the time he spent in these games ;)

I think lyn you would drop off tough ;) , your hubby and other things would make you bleh .
I think they should just put a limit of 1 vault on a event , 1 new purchased vault.

Seems more fair to all , since most of the oldies moved from $20 to vaults anyway .

_dan_
08-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes Funzio can give non-gold players a non-gold event, but the prize is something equivalent to RPGs or Exeleros...

jmeijer
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
That would be the best thing Funzio could ever do. But they will never do such a thing.

Vile Lynn
08-30-2012, 01:16 PM
lol, wha? I would go a little crazy if there was an event without gold... I would never put the phone down until the event was over, then beg my husband to take me back. lol, JK!

I only use gold on events if I mis-tap & I only have 14 gold right now, so I can't mis-tap.

The Billionaire
08-30-2012, 01:21 PM
They've already done it......Scratchers!

TonySpaghetti
08-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I only use gold on events if I mis-tap & I only have 14 gold right now, so I can't mis-tap.

Do the TapJoy thing. I did it and scored lots of gold. :)

Max Power
08-30-2012, 01:40 PM

Beat me to it. There is a new non-gold event every day.

Vile Lynn
08-30-2012, 04:49 PM

Beat me to it. There is a new non-gold event every day.

No, no... You can buy more Scratchers with gold, so that wouldn't count as non-gold.

Dravak
08-30-2012, 07:08 PM
No, no... You can buy more Scratchers with gold, so that wouldn't count as non-gold.

Let say buying scratcher for me is like burning money lol , I seem to have the worst luck on bought scratchers
but the daily scratcher didn't go badly , just the bought ones are like >.< , ok lets buy crates again .

Agree with Lyn a none gold event or limited purchase gold event , might be fun for all for a change .
Fun is spending in the majority eyes .

Polarbear
08-30-2012, 07:15 PM

So from Gree's perspective:
An event that earns absolutely nothing.
Free gold equivalent items for players, reducing potential spending.
Heightens players expectations that more gold stuff should be free.
Complaints when event format changed back to normal.
Devaluates the gold items people actually bought.

Not the smartest thing to do....

Dravak
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM
So from Gree's perspective:
An event that earns absolutely nothing.
Free gold equivalent items for players, reducing potential spending.
Heightens players expectations that more gold stuff should be free.
Complaints when event format changed back to normal.
Devaluates the gold items people actually bought.

Not the smartest thing to do....

Sometimes you have to give a bit , to recieve more , isn't that what the marketing concept is all about ;) .
All the giveaway on twitters , the competitions .
Sometimes a bit of good deed , goes far sure 3 weeks later people moan .
But maybe 1 vault limit , could show them that enough people are willing to spent . if ods are fair and event fun .

Polarbear
08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Sometimes you have to give a bit , to recieve more , isn't that what the marketing concept is all about ;) .
All the giveaway on twitters , the competitions .
Sometimes a bit of good deed , goes far sure 3 weeks later people moan .
But maybe 1 vault limit , could show them that enough people are willing to spent . if ods are fair and event fun .

Sorry I don't quite understand....

A marketing concept for enticing people to spend would be to give them gold not items. Which funzio did with the 10 gold at start.
The theory that 'a good deed goes far' is hardly applicable in this modern society, where everyone is just looking after themselves.
A 1 vault limit to win a prize? That's like capping the price of a Benz to 100k. Next thing is that the car becomes too common and high rollers don't want anymore. And how would you define fair odds? To me if the game was fair, everyone would have the same stats and have a 100% chance of winning.

Sorry if I misunderstood anything.

Nudie
08-30-2012, 10:52 PM
What's the point anyways? Spend gold or not spend gold on a chance to win some pixels in a game based on robbing virtual cash from virtual buildings "owned" by mostly fictitious individuals who may or may not be the personas they portray. Or instead of robbing, virtually beating up other avatars using "stats" that make some all excited and so proud that they may join virtual "gangs" that have as much credibility as a school of sardines swimming off the coast of Sudan. :p

viperver1
08-30-2012, 11:05 PM
But at least then ppl should have advantages of getting things tougher and not easier. I don't appreciate using gold for such things such as enhancing chances of winning prizes.

If we do have such an event, that would make the game much more fun.

_dan_
08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
What's the point anyways? Spend gold or not spend gold on a chance to win some pixels in a game based on robbing virtual cash from virtual buildings "owned" by mostly fictitious individuals who may or may not be the personas they portray. Or instead of robbing, virtually beating up other avatars using "stats" that make some all excited and so proud that they may join virtual "gangs" that have as much credibility as a school of sardines swimming off the coast of Sudan. :p

I really don't know how I addict to this game. Fighting people with still images & numbers ? What a joke. Can't answer how.

Years ago, I addict to a game called LineAge, a 3D MMO game, you see people running, fighting, you see real monster come and attack you, you can "make" special items, especially some armors make your character look super cool, like an angel. I think I have a reason to addict to such game, rather than this numbers fighting.

Dravak
08-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Sorry I don't quite understand....

A marketing concept for enticing people to spend would be to give them gold not items. Which funzio did with the 10 gold at start.
The theory that 'a good deed goes far' is hardly applicable in this modern society, where everyone is just looking after themselves.
A 1 vault limit to win a prize? That's like capping the price of a Benz to 100k. Next thing is that the car becomes too common and high rollers don't want anymore. And how would you define fair odds? To me if the game was fair, everyone would have the same stats and have a 100% chance of winning.

Sorry if I misunderstood anything.

Sometimes capping a benz , or giving away a benz .. makes much more success for futher benz stories !
But yeah I can see your logic , and you are right people would moan in this selfishe age .
That that should be the new standards , but it is also good to see , if more people would purchase and participate or not ,.

This isn't about fairness this is about tossing customers a bone , that the company cares .
Those images are important in the end , even if customers are like spoiled brats .
Sometimes you have to toss them a bone , to keep them loyal .

But yes polarbear , I understand what you mean , and while I agree with you.
Cleaning up " it is not always about money" , sometimes it gives a fresh look , how short it might last .

fire50
01-02-2013, 09:08 AM
It is pretty cool discussion and all the above participants perform well and expose the idea according to what they have inside so its my pleasure to have it....It clear me too what I was looking for...

Gold Coast surfboard rental (http://www.goldcoastsurfboards.com.au/)

(CK) EL
01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
@fire50
are you necrophile or something?

Hero of Time
01-02-2013, 10:13 AM
It is pretty cool discussion and all the above participants perform well and expose the idea according to what they have inside so its my pleasure to have it....It clear me too what I was looking for...

Don't necro threads.

isshi
01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
The first thing gree should do is give everyone free banking.. This will stop the hackers taking you money. This would be fair to all.