PDA

View Full Version : Top 25/250 - reasoning

mxz
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Reducing from 500 wasn't going to be a popular decision. Essentially, Gree has a balance motivation from 2 angles to reduce the number of prizes given out. (1) Motivation to allow separation: the gold spenders don't want free players on equal footing (and why should we be? We're leaches) (2) Motivation to keep the free players balanced: Dedicated free players could keep up with top 500 events. By moving to top 250 they've essentially allowed even casually playing light gold spenders a perk for spending. This also prevents free players from getting dominant weapons over other free players.

But why 250?

I believe this number gives us insight into the number of gold spenders. Even getting 20 boxes is a real challenge for a free player. The leaderboards tend to cut off around 25-35 items; suggesting that even spending a few hundred gold can get you in the top 250. As light spenders notice they're close, Gree's prediction is that they will attempt to get/stay in the top 250 and spend a little more. Back at 500 - they were safely "in the money" and had no reason to spend. So why 250? Because there's likely around 275-300 active gold spenders playing these events. 250 slots are just enough to cause competition such that the number of gold spenders who lose out are minimized.

Moral of the story
You want top 500 back? Convince 300 free players to start spending gold on events.

_dan_
08-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Look at Android event, it's 100/10, I just think: "Wow! It's Craaaazyyyyyy!".

mxz
08-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Look at Android event, it's 100/10, I just think: "Wow! It's Craaaazyyyyyy!".This is actually another good data point. I'm assuming a smaller user base which led to 10/100. Good call!

Fun
08-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Mw was 250/25 last time now it's 500/50 must have a lot of gold spenders on mw then

Dravak
08-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Reasoning is simple , a big bunch of money spenders are sitting on a pile of gold .
Those needs to be burned off , so they purchase again .

And no we are not talking about 15k gold that is peanuts .
We are talking in the 50-250k gold .

So these events sadly achieve what they want , cause they need to get steady income going .
Since most of them don't really spent the gold keeping it behind as safety buffer .

Till they found a way to clear the reserve , sadly these events have to continue :( .
I hope they bring back epic bosses , but at 1 million stats 80 bracket+ free farming past 50 . all the loot becomes useless .
But atleast epic bosses increases the average stats score more then these events .
That is important too , increasing the people left behind .
For the free farming

Dravak
08-30-2012, 10:38 AM
I think the solution to make people spent there hours , is again by increasing the loot drops in the crates .
So they match pve upper tier farm items , this will cause people with lower budget ,
To spent gold again on openings , since change for something good , those who do not participate miss out .

Sorry now it is infact too simple to say F the event , going to bed ..
Since the time lost are easily corrected for small amount of gold spent .

Edit by crates i mean in the event boxes , so instead of a stupid reward like 60k money or a pimprider , those items need to be more usefull .
So small goldspenders have reasons again to buy gold to open them !

mxz
08-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Mw was 250/25 last time now it's 500/50 must have a lot of gold spenders on mw thenThey spend like crazy over there...

MW is #29 for top grossing, KA is #49, and CC #62.

Dravak
08-30-2012, 10:44 AM
They spend like crazy over there...

MW is #29 for top grossing, KA is #49, and CC #62.

MW factor for burning gold is bigger , cause all the common items are consumable , so free players have to learn to admit defeat , or buy not destroyable items , same way explosives work .

MW have a much smaller base group , so when you hit the HL , you are either a medium spender , or a destroyable object , so nobody who doesn't spend in HL , only people who are dreaming that all gold spenders will quit.
And they will own the place with camping and events .

Sorry MW might make more income , but isn't as big as CC , where the different brackets have different people.
In the end if at MW a group of people quit , the card house comes tumbling down .
Where in CC if a group quits , new group to take it over .

mxz
08-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry MW might make more income , but isn't as big as CC , where the different brackets have different people.
In the end if at MW a group of people quit , the card house comes tumbling down .
Where in CC if a group quits , new group to take it over .I think you made some good points.
-Players have more incentive to spend gold because of consumption rates
-Free players learn to admit defeat
-Smaller user base

These are all related, of course. When free players hit the shark tank they start losing so many units they can't keep up, even with great economies. Because of this, like you said, a lot of them quit due to discouragement. I'm sure a few of the light spenders also do this. Where I think you're going with your point is that new players are basically screwed - so that while MW may make the most $ now - their spending user base doesn't have the growth potential. I'd probably agree with that from a theoretical perspective. Who knows if it's accurate, though...

Dravak
08-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Yes in CC the discouragement is also there , but in a more lighter version .
Since none of your weapons get destroyed , so you just find a different tactic .

In MW there is nothing people like twinkie dipstick Dudeman or babytway can do .
They simply get grinded to pulp , since it is either spent or die , no other option , since even if a whole gang attacks a person who has all gold items , the gang will lose none gold items .

So in the end in MW there isn't a option , other then quit or spent , if they spent , they can kick those people to pulp.
Who didn't spent , causing them to quit ! so a gang is only based on who has spent the most .
In MW a big money spender can unsettle a whole established base .
In CC they cannot , since sure people suffer from EGO pain , or harresements , there isn't much to destroy other then explosives , even those will be farmed in due time . so end deal in CC , if people have a thick skin !

They can just ignore everything and continue playing , in MW what you going to when your stats is brought down from 100k to 20k ?

Dravak
08-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Maybe this sound strange , while I like MW more then CC , cause of the units outfit etc , the system was too simple for me to see , it was a dead end .
While in CC , it has growth potential , even if people hate CK , Indians insert whatever name .
Those groups and people cannot be pyshically bullied away to stop playing , just emotionally .

So to me the investment for longterm , since I like to come and go .
Wasn't worthwhile , while in the shortterm MW has much higher success rate then CC or KA .
In the longterm it is a different system , CC has less income potential , but a much higher addiction rate and sustain rate . it is MW you have to focus on making people spent , and keep spending .

In CC people have a choice if they want to spent or not , that is what I liked more about CC .
For the rest give me CC system with MW graphics , and I am off to play that ;)

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Ok I didn't read everything - but I did read the original 3posts...

1) Android has 250/25... dan is out to lunch...

2) I agree with half of what OP says... I agree that it's to give the gold spenders that extra advantage - but I believe it's because of the opposite. I believe that it's because there ARE so many gold spenders, that the BIG gold spenders are finding themselves needing that extra edge...

The very big gold spenders probably asked privately for some form of extra boost...

_dan_
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm talking about this.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?39051-Had-received-Android-gem-event-top-100-prize

mxz
08-30-2012, 12:17 PM
2) I agree with half of what OP says... I agree that it's to give the gold spenders that extra advantage - but I believe it's because of the opposite. I believe that it's because there ARE so many gold spenders, that the BIG gold spenders are finding themselves needing that extra edge...

The very big gold spenders probably asked privately for some form of extra boost...That's part of what I meant to get at in point 1.
(1) Motivation to allow separation: the gold spenders don't want free players on equal footingWorded it wrong, but, yeah...I have the same suspicion.

The two tiers are obviously there for a reason, separation of heavy and light spenders - with medium spenders having the choose which to go/settle for. That highest bracket (25), I believe, has less to do with the number of heavy spenders and more to do with a clean tier (e.g. top 5-10% of all gold spenders). Based on #1 events it looks like there's only maybe 5 players ready to drop serious coin to win.

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
That's part of what I meant to get at in point 1.Worded it wrong, but, yeah...I have the same suspicion.

The two tiers are obviously there for a reason, separation of heavy and light spenders - with medium spenders having the choose which to go/settle for. That highest bracket (25), I believe, has less to do with the number of heavy spenders and more to do with a clean tier (e.g. top 5-10% of all gold spenders). Based on #1 events it looks like there's only maybe 5 players ready to drop serious coin to win.

Yes but you said separation from free and gold players...

I'm saying separation from low-mid spending gold players and heavy gold spenders.

I think that there are soooooo many gold spenders... that the only way for gold spenders to get a possible upper hand on other gold spenders is to offer prizes to fewer gold spenders...

It's basic supply/demand... that's why MW has better tiers... less demand... less gold spenders... they are trying to build a demand by offering better "prices"

mxz
08-30-2012, 12:57 PM
I think that there are soooooo many gold spenders... that the only way for gold spenders to get a possible upper hand on other gold spenders is to offer prizes to fewer gold spenders...

It's basic supply/demand... that's why MW has better tiers... less demand... less gold spenders... they are trying to build a demand by offering better "prices"The leaderboards standings would not indicate this. The fact that there are free players knocking on the top 250 means that there aren't that many people regularly spending gold - more than 250 but less than maybe 500. I wouldn't consider that a high number.

In no way is this basic supply and demand. Economically, people are predisposed to purchase what they need or want. The gamification of purchasing a virtual asset could be considered with a supply/demand lens if you completely disregard that there is theoretically infinite supply. However, as soon as it becomes a random prize you've introduced gambling, which is emotionally driven and not simply economically driven.

_dan_
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes, you can tell there are non-gold players in top 250. I believe there are many non-gold players in top 250 but just before the event end.

At the time event end, gold players start paying to get in top 250, at that time all non-gold players will be kicked out of the place, I don't think there are any non-gold players can get top 250 prizes.

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 01:09 PM
The leaderboards standings would not indicate this. The fact that there are free players knocking on the top 250 means that there aren't that many people regularly spending gold - more than 250 but less than maybe 500. I wouldn't consider that a high number.

In no way is this basic supply and demand. Economically, people are predisposed to purchase what they need or want. The gamification of purchasing a virtual asset could be considered with a supply/demand lens if you completely disregard that there is theoretically infinite supply. However, as soon as it becomes a random prize you've introduced gambling, which is emotionally driven and not simply economically driven.

Well considering the people that show up on these boards are always different... is one answer for you...

and gambling is supply demand...

Besides... this isn't technically gambling... it's an auction... and an auction is driven by supply/demand....

Supply: a very good item - there is only 1 of. 25 of. 250 of.
Demand: people want these items - so how far will they go to get it? Well it depends on how many people want it and what they are willing to do to get it.

SUPPLY DEMAND 101...

Would you like a graph??? :rolleyes:

mxz
08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
and gambling is supply demand...Let me break these events down a bit further. For a given supply and demand curve there are 3 factors:
1) Supply
2) Demand
3) Price

Two of them must be fixed to find the third. In our case, we are looking for the demand (to be in the top 25/250, my guess was around 300 for top 250). Supply is fixed (25/250) but price is variable. There are an unpublished set of odds that you'll get an event item (or 40), but because of the random nature you can't calculate what that price will be (we could do some stoichiometrics and calculate expected price if we knew the odds, but I'm guessing 95%+ CC players are not doing that). The very nature of competing against others further blurs the cost. Most players will decide from the beginning whether they will attempt to get the prize or not. Funzio makes their money by exploiting the sunk cost fallacy - where people will continue to spend to get the item because they've already invested so much. This is extraneous to supply-demand principles and is highly emotional. Just because supply, demand and prices exist in a given system doesn't mean they're working in a supply-demand curve.

The point is - changing the odds of getting a tire will not look like a price increase/decrease and therefore not change people's behavior. People's behavior is only influenced by people's calculation of whether they can obtain the object.

mxz
08-30-2012, 01:33 PM
What we could argue from a supply-demand perspective is the number of people participating if the amount of gold required was raised/lowered.

Dravak
08-30-2012, 01:41 PM
You have to also remember people wallet and disposable income , cause somebody earns 10k , does not mean he has 10k diposable , especially if they are living above there standards , party loans and debts .. morgage , leasing,

They could just end up with just 2k disposable income , for them to invest 2k is a big deal .
While somebody earning 5k who doesn't have those issues he could dispose of 4k easily .

The whole sunk cost fallacy , is more depending on the type of players you have .
While in general in MMO the main customers are the poor or average working type with a very small elite on top .
CC just made the bigger group of money spender think , lets take Billionair , with his cost at epic boss.
He did it cause it was fun , same story I am not afraid to dump money cause it was fun .

This event type stinks , the gold I could invest into this event , would have gotten me 3k worth of stats ! with average luck , so why should I pump 50k gold to win a 3k item ? .
Since game is all about stats ! , yes maxXx and grimm no longer have a choice , so they sunk in to deep .
But for the rest of us it is like , ok who cares ...

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove....

This is supply/demand no matter how you look at it... if it wasn't... a company wouldn't invest millions into it...

You can argue what YOU THINK supply demand is... but the fact is simple... this is supply demand...

There's a reason these words are used - Supply/Demand - because there is no other way to put it...

They supply because we demand... if there was no demand... they would have f**cked off a looooooong time ago and spent time/money creating something else...

duuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Funzio created the demand - Gree capitalized on the supply...

Dravak
08-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Supply and demand are old type of things that stuck in people mind , is there a demand for virtual goods ?
No so they created a demand , so in a way they supply the goods .

How long you can keep up the demands , is a question of how dumb people are !
Sorry demand food is a needed commodity , demand rolex is not !
Rolex is created by status , thus they created a demand and can supply it .

Sorry kitteh , we are talking about luxury demands , those supply and demands issue are different .

mxz
08-30-2012, 01:55 PM
As my first post suggests, I'm trying to figure out how many people are spending gold on these events. This helps explain to people who say these events are unfair to free players. People can look and say, yes they are...and now I see why: they're supposed to be.

Saying that since there's some sort of supply and some sort of demand means it's working under a supply-demand curve is naive. The supply-demand theory is a formula for calculating/estimating a value based on two other factors. Just because I typed 25/250 doesn't mean I'm doing math (since that's what math is, numbers). Then all of a sudden you're talking about monetization of the game which has nothing to do with events...probably confusing for some folks and definitely OT.

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Supply and demand are old type of things that stuck in people mind , is there a demand for virtual goods ?
No so they created a demand , so in a way they supply the goods .

How long you can keep up the demands , is a question of how dumb people are !
Sorry demand food is a needed commodity , demand rolex is not !
Rolex is created by status , thus they created a demand and can supply it .

Sorry kitteh , we are talking about luxury demands , those supply and demands issue are different .

I agree - buuuuuut - it's still supply demand when you compare the game prizes of 250/25 vs 500/50 (or whatever).

And if MORE people are getting the prizes less gold is spent. If the second item had a modifier - you would probably see a load of gold players trying to compete for it... but the demand for an average item is lower... however top 25 is a different story.

Now I believe they narrow it down in CC to create a bigger demand among gold spenders. NOT to split the gold from nongold.

Look at it in tiers. Let's look at it as evolution:

Step1) free players - they accumulate items and get strong without gold
Step2) a few people want an edge - so they buy a few gold items
Step3) The people spend MORE gold on more costly things because they want an edge on the other gold players
Step4) They want EVEN MOOOOORE edge so they want to be top25
Step5) 1 retard wants to be god... so he sells his left nut to be numero1...

THAT IS SUPPLY/DEMAND...

demand = edge the other players want in game...
They don't want the edge to compete against non-gold players - they want it to compete against other gold players

supply = whatever gree offers...

Dravak
08-30-2012, 02:03 PM
No you are asking , why these events are not popular with CC .

I am giving you people explanations , that some of the explanations , contrast against all you been taught .
Is your problem , not mine . since it is a evolving world out there .

The main fact is that 25/250 . isn't as popular as 50/500 .. cause the rewards stinks !
Now example 1/10 reward , rewarding 10k stats 5k , well that is how measure the top spenders ... even some addicts would crack up the wallet and rack up debts , to get it .

The stats of 3k versus investment doesn't pay off , in both time and money .
With the bonus gone in 250 , if people can get it for free , they would , if somebody outbid them , they like who cares.
Bringing back 50/500 would increase the income of the event !

But in essence the event itself is flawed , those kind of events 1 time a month is interesting .
But every week , it is like who cares , same as the 10 events , in the end most would rather get sleep .
The whole fundamental of these type of events is simple , how long till the people get tired of them ?
Basically 25/250 in CC was very quick wasn't it ?

mxz
08-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Ok, two things we need to touch on.
The stats of 3k versus investment doesn't pay off , in both time and money .Yeah this is sort of relative. Some people just want the shiny pixels...yeah, they have their reasons for doing it. Who cares?
Bringing back 50/500 would increase the income of the event !No no no...not what the thread's about. The point is: it was lowered to 250 for a reason (and MW raised from 250 to 500 for a reason). My theory: because that's just under the number of people spending gold on the events. They wanted to create competition around the Top250/25 prizes. If people can get the items for free then Gree doesn't make any money. By having prizes only for people who spend gold - they're maximizing income. The business case makes better sense to only give out the best items to those that pay them.

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 02:10 PM
No you are asking , why these events are not popular with CC .

I am giving you people explanations , that some of the explanations , contrast against all you been taught .
Is your problem , not mine . since it is a evolving world out there .

The main fact is that 25/250 . isn't as popular as 50/500 .. cause the rewards stinks !
Now example 1/10 reward , rewarding 10k stats 5k , well that is how measure the top spenders ... even some addicts would crack up the wallet and rack up debts , to get it .

The stats of 3k versus investment doesn't pay off , in both time and money .
With the bonus gone in 250 , if people can get it for free , they would , if somebody outbid them , they like who cares.
Bringing back 50/500 would increase the income of the event !

But in essence the event itself is flawed , those kind of events 1 time a month is interesting .
But every week , it is like who cares , same as the 10 events , in the end most would rather get sleep .
The whole fundamental of these type of events is simple , how long till the people get tired of them ?
Basically 25/250 in CC was very quick wasn't it ?

Look... you have a massive company that knows exactly wtf is going on... and who clearly understand how to do business...

If they keep doing it, it's because it's working... right????????????

So what does that mean? there's a demand... When you see things change... it's because something happened in their demand graph...

Dravak
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Kitteh , cause it is working doesn't mean it is working , somethings in my experience tells me .
While it is working they want to make it more efficient .

That is what growing or development comes into place .
Since in this example that free players can reach 250 , while goldspending gone up !
So numbers of goldspenders gone up , means the target of this event type is a failure in CC.

Now was epic boss a more success ? yes it was we had the small gold spenders also try to compete .
With this even showing that free players can get into 250 , simply means people are keeping there wallet shut .
Not that there are less then 250 goldspenders , infact that would doom the game if that was a conclusion .

250 even at 10k a person ;) , is only 2.5 million , not a bad number , but not for a 6 billion investment .
Sorry that threads like these excist , and argue with , is simply put what can create more satisfying demands .
Remember both developers and staff are reading the forums , so are a lot of gold spenders .

The FUN factor is the most deciding outcome of people spending , the enjoyment the pleasure .
While the competitive edge has a greater influx and quick bucks , one cannot maintain a competitve edge indefinetly.
The FUN yes that can be maintained a long long time !

sexkitteh
08-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Well - from what the OP said though... these events are targeted towards gold spenders vs. gold spenders... and I think it really boils down to who shows their cards first...

I think there are more people spending money on CC than the other game.

To give you an example, warpriest I believe said he has spent the most in MW on forums and is one of the strongest... he's only spent about 6k...

That's peanuts in CC...

Dravak
08-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Ok, two things we need to touch on.Yeah this is sort of relative. Some people just want the shiny pixels...yeah, they have their reasons for doing it. Who cares?No no no...not what the thread's about. The point is: it was lowered to 250 for a reason (and MW raised from 250 to 500 for a reason). My theory: because that's just under the number of people spending gold on the events. They wanted to create competition around the Top250/25 prizes. If people can get the items for free then Gree doesn't make any money. By having prizes only for people who spend gold - they're maximizing income. The business case makes better sense to only give out the best items to those that pay them.

Yes the whole plan is based that people spend there bought gold every month !
The problem is that it doesn't happen , wtf would Example , I do with 100k gold each month ? pure hypothetical .
Honestly at certain point , I would end up in the postive million of gold .. thus boredom sets in .

The reason these events are created are to get rid of the excess gold , so next month purchase seem more validated.
Sadly the competitive edge is too high cost for too low profit , look at day one of this event .
People already dropped before 20 , look yeah some of us can manipulate the leadership board .
with slowly increasing the numbers needed , but what for ?
People already dropped off at day 1 , it is like a auctionhouse you bid very high , most people who normally wanted the item at that price , would drop off right away .

It is not that they cannot afford it , it is not that they cannot spend it , it is the pure bluff factor on day 1 .
That already gotten people to backdown ! coupled with the cost 3 openings 1 item ?
not 100% crate drop , the cost was simply not worth it !

Dravak
08-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Well - from what the OP said though... these events are targeted towards gold spenders vs. gold spenders... and I think it really boils down to who shows their cards first...

I think there are more people spending money on CC than the other game.

To give you an example, warpriest I believe said he has spent the most in MW on forums and is one of the strongest... he's only spent about 6k...

That's peanuts in CC...

The sooner they realise CC is a different kind of game then MW , the sooner problems can be solved !
CC is infact very different , people would spent gold on gold items decorations .
Gold on what makes them look good , MW is pure PvP in a sense it attracts a different crowd .
Those crowd are short timers , not long term investors . in CC people spend cause of fun , buy stuff cause of fun .
not cause they need it to compete , while Gree/Funzio got the short term pvp very well undercontrol .
And milking of the audience superly done , my hats off .

you have to understand this audience first , not the small group on top .
Each bracket have different audience , different goals , different smack talk , so win or lose doesn't matter to them .
As long as people are not cheating !
Now CC has to combat the cheaters first , see even cheaters reporting my account as cheating cause I kicked the crap out of them , before Funzio added back my event items , now I think they are flooded :p .

Sorry cheaters don't bring income , and only teaches others to cheat . since it is the easiest way .
And most cheaters don't have control or logic , they simply go overboard .
You can go overboard if you are legit , who cares nothing can happen to you .
You paid the money , you play the game , maybe Avon or Fig can post my character ;) stats .

Now I look at each bracket gold items , or see them ad donations , while generally people don't spend much .
Most don't mind to part with $5 or $10 . cause they are having FUN .
Not cause the 5$ or 10$ matters really stat wise .

chalex accepted
08-30-2012, 02:57 PM
The event will prolly soon change again. Greed will tweak and bend constanly to maximase profit. I think people buy less and less for these events as they realise spending 500ish gold wount get them to top 250, so the events are changed, the players fall for the trick and reinvest in the transformed event.
I think every change in the game has it reson. Changing the rules makes players exposed maybe weak, like removing m4a1 when you are half way there and rivals have 500 or changing rivals list to open you up to diffrent enemys than what you had planed your tactics after. Suddenly you are forced to meet this new treat and easy way out is to buy gold.

Personaly i dont understand how there can be so meny good free apps out there that uses no ingame valuta what so ever. How do they make things go around, develop the game further and pay their empoyes?
by looking at Greed you would have to suck everything out of your costumers just for things to go around right?

Im so tired of the excuse that free players should be thankfull to the gold players "for paying the game"
Franly i think the funzio/greed was very supriced by how much people was willing to spend when they first started events, like "holy O.o "#¤% this is unbeleavable, if we milk this we will get filthy rish on a free app"

Buy 1 vault at a sale if you want to support. That is about as much as the price of a new ps3/x-box or w/e game. Dont know if gambling addiction is the proper term here but i see alot of people that spend so much that they need someone to say "hello wake up, look at what you are doing. You cant continue like this, seek help for your addiction"
there is a reson apple has a limit for in game purchesses. It is very sad to see people not well been taken for a ride, maybe for everything they have...

Dravak
08-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Chalex your argument is that there are no people who spent so much each month , sadly you have been proven wrong. both in this game as well as all other Free to play app .

Yes you should be greatfull people are paying for your App , instead of saying they need help .
We are not 18 years old kids , without disposable income .living on wellfare .
Maybe you should check the money earned from F2P markets first , before you make those comments.
Especially from F2P in the east , I know it is demoralising to accept that eastern standards have shifted way past the west . and the spending or competitve or gambling edge a lot higher .
Without the fluff and air of superiority , infact majority of big spenders are humble people !

They are like Sam , Xeno ,Iceman MaxXx Grim , but most of them I can have a serious conversation with .
Without childishe rants like with Rhino , sorry .I do not count meself into that group .
Am no way like them , but doesn't mean I cannot see there point of view .
Best of all , they still know when to admit defeat and move on !

Unlike those people who think they are novel rich .

chalex accepted
08-30-2012, 03:20 PM
My argument is that people are paying to much and i would gladly be proved wrong on that.
I did say that people are spending less and less on lock box events thu.

i dont have any numbers or profe its just my guessing that this app could run for 10 years from now and still give the staff a decent salery off of what players has allready spent.

Im also sure there are a few millionares out there that can burn 10k bills like nothing just as im sure there are them that are in way over their heads and donno how to stop.

TonySpaghetti
08-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I wonder how they calculate who is in the top 250 if there are a bunch of people with the same number of rims. For example, the person showing up on the leader board for top 250 has 19. Does that mean that everyone who has 19 is part of it or do they have some way of dividing that 19 up into the haves and the have-nots?

chalex accepted
08-30-2012, 03:29 PM
someone said it was determined by highest lvl, but i dont know eather.

TonySpaghetti
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
someone said it was determined by highest lvl, but i dont know eather.

What exactly is a "chalex?"

chalex accepted
08-30-2012, 04:02 PM
What exactly is a "chalex?"

suppose it could be anything. Ill let you deside.

TonySpaghetti
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
suppose it could be anything. Ill let you deside.

*rolling my eyes*

Nudie
08-30-2012, 04:31 PM
reasoning? there is no such thing. just get nekkid and drunk I say. :p

_dan_
08-30-2012, 08:45 PM
I wonder how they calculate who is in the top 250 if there are a bunch of people with the same number of rims. For example, the person showing up on the leader board for top 250 has 19. Does that mean that everyone who has 19 is part of it or do they have some way of dividing that 19 up into the haves and the have-nots?

This is my assumption:

During the event, there may have some non-gold players in top 250.
However, at the time event end, when gold players begin to pay to take a place in top 250, all non-gold players will be kicked out of top 250. (at that time, if you don't pay, you don't have a chance to open more more item).
-> all players have to pay to get top 250 prizes;

So there is the case that there always have some people at #250 position (or at #25 position), same number of keys (ex: rims)

As the view of a business man, I will give them all (people at #250 position or at #25 position) the prizes.
Why ?
1 - They all pay enough for the prize.

2 - They're surely loyal customers, and especially rich customers. If I'm stingy, niggardly with them, I will lose such loyal & rich customers. Such virtual items, Is it worth it ?

3 - If they pay enough, they will be happy, I'm happy, everyone happy. Isn't it good ?

Forget the trash talk about highest level blah blah blah, that the words of mouth from players, rumors.

It's all about business, they never disappoint a person who pay (more than) enough.

Dravak
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
WoW eh dan , you beter not have a business , if you do please give me a link , and I will be your customer .
Since you should threat me the same as a your best customer who earns you 25% of your earning ;) ...
And i only pay 1% but get the same discount and deals .

Righto Dan , so what reality do you live in :p ..

Stock Slayer
08-30-2012, 09:13 PM
The amount of analysis that I have read from this forum is quite impressive.
How many of you trade stocks, analyze business (finance, tax, law) as a profession, or own your own business (the structure itself; not self employed)?

_dan_
08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm a business owner. After like 10 years working as a software developer/manager, I quit & setup my own business.
You could make a poll listing how many people do what.

Dravak
08-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Dan give me a link , sorry if you are this serious , I am serious :p can always use a company who work there asses off in pleasing me , for low cost ;) since all customers are the same .

Dravak
08-30-2012, 09:25 PM
The amount of analysis that I have read from this forum is quite impressive.
How many of you trade stocks, analyze business (finance, tax, law) as a profession, or own your own business (the structure itself; not self employed)?

You suprised ? that there used to be a lot of these posts , before it become a gangland war .
Plux, G wiz ,Tramp Max and a lot more , used to post about these subjects .. before it turned into kinder garden gangs of smack talks left and right .

_dan_
08-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Dan give me a link , sorry if you are this serious , I am serious :p can always use a company who work there asses off in pleasing me , for low cost ;) since all customers are the same .

@Dravak: I setup a company making ERP products for local companies. Business is business, it's not personal, be friend in a game forum is good, but talking about business is serious, no joke here.

Polarbear
08-30-2012, 09:46 PM
I've never heard of this 'equality' in business.

I'm a frequent flyer and take the same airline most of the time... According to dans business philosophy, Why don't I get first class treatment :(

Dravak
08-30-2012, 09:47 PM
@Dravak: I setup a company making ERP products for local companies. Business is business, it's not personal, be friend in a game forum is good, but talking about business is serious, no joke here.

But lol then you should know how it works , am serious , I mean how can you come up with such rubbishe theorie .
All customers are the same , it never was and never will !

All customer support should be the same quality yes or atleast try , but even there you have huge differences already.

But no customer is ever treated the same , starting from a bakery way up till international banks .
Sorry that is a fact of life !
Seriously internet is too much a joke nowadays , lmao when people who "run" business or setup businesses .
Cannot even understand basic principles .

So business is business :p gaming forum is gaming forum , but rubbishe is rubbishe , no wonder we had to buy your worthless bank bonds :p ,

Brooklyn Boy
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
This is one of the best threads that I have seen on this forum in ten months! Kudos to all of you that have participated!! This is what the forum is suppose to be like. Hope this might start a trend!

BOS
08-31-2012, 05:24 AM
This is one of the best threads that I have seen on this forum in ten months! Kudos to all of you that have participated!! This is what the forum is suppose to be like. Hope this might start a trend!

I agree, good stuff