PDA

View Full Version : War Chests

Guido69
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
It is a little disappointing to me that the common and uncommon units in the new chests are basically recycled units. The rare ones are nice but the others not so much. I really do like to get units from the chests but as I said was a bit disappointed to see the recycled units.

Of course my mood got slightly better when I got the Siege Flail on my first 3-chests.

Chups
08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't mind recycled units.........I like getting 2 or 3 of the same indestructible units. It gives space for me to see my 45 most powerful units after the battle.

The1nONLY
08-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Sadly not so lucky with these chest, 10x175 and only got 2 Siege Flail

Guido69
08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Sadly not so lucky with these chest, 10x175 and only got 2 Siege Flail

I got (so far) 4 commons, 1 uncommon, and 1 rare (Siege Flail)

The1nONLY
08-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Bought like 15-20 x175 chest and this is the best I got so far even tho I was huntig for the Sworn Oathguard . http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg497/tidalwave81/017A77B5-15CE-4243-A5C9-6F6B6D4995A6-2971-000000FBC921C40F.jpg

Guido69
08-30-2012, 07:51 AM
@The1nONLY: Have you gotten the big Oath yet?

Ahenobarbus
08-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I bought one single solitary chest, with hardly any expectation of getting anything other than the snazzy golem common unit, and lo and behold...I got me a sworn oathguard! The odds of that must be even less than the quoted 5% Now, Guido, try to resist the urge to lynch me, lol.

Guido69
08-31-2012, 08:33 AM
I bought one single solitary chest, with hardly any expectation of getting anything other than the snazzy golem common unit, and lo and behold...I got me a sworn oathguard! The odds of that must be even less than the quoted 5% Now, Guido, try to resist the urge to lynch me, lol.

I hardly can resist :)

I still have not gotten the big Oath.

Vile Lynn
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
I bought one single solitary chest, with hardly any expectation of getting anything other than the snazzy golem common unit, and lo and behold...I got me a sworn oathguard! The odds of that must be even less than the quoted...

Oooo, now I am tempted!

Hi Ahenobarbus, Congrats! Good to see you on the forum :)

Guido69
08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
I am going mad here.... still no Oath :)

I have gotten so far

5 Serpentman
2 Cats (I have way too many of those identical looking cats in my inventory)
1 Battle Golem
1 Grand illusionist
1 Honor Guard
2 Siege Flails

arrghhhh

Joe Brown1
08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
OK for those of you buying chests - I have 210 gems, would you buy a set of 3 chests or save them all for additional boss events?

Guido69
08-31-2012, 08:52 AM
OK for those of you buying chests - I have 210 gems, would you buy a set of 3 chests or save them all for additional boss events?

for me it would be no question. I would definitely buy chests, but others certainly beg to differ :)

In my experience, for the money spent on chests I get the most "bang for the buck" among all events on KA. On average for me, one round of open 3 chests will get me around 150 attack and 150 defense. $60 will allow you to open 4 of those 3-chests. So for that money I get normally around 600 attack and 600 defense.

Guido69
08-31-2012, 08:53 AM
@Joe Brown1:

by no means do I tell you to buy chests though. I don't want to be responsible for you getting three sunder cats :) :)

Joe Brown1
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
@Joe Brown1:

by no means do I tell you to buy chests though. I don't want to be responsible for you getting three sunder cats :) :)

I hold no one responsible for how I spent my gems:cool: I won them so I am not money sensitive - just want to attempt to get the best bang for the buck as a free player (personnal choice for the challenge - no judgement implied) Boss event also hold no guarantee of not getting useless units. Also, The bar is definately higher now that I have dragons. Also - how do these chests compare to other chest sets?

Crazy Canuck
08-31-2012, 09:17 AM
I would wait till new chest come out as I think these units are lacking or use it on boss event

Vile Lynn
08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
...how do these chests compare to other chest sets?

Yeah, good Q! Does anyone have a list of past chest items? So we can compare?
(Sorry, I didn't search yet.)

I'm very tempted to buy a set of 3 but would like some more info before I buy or wait for new chests.

spectra
08-31-2012, 10:02 AM

how far can you get in the boss? if you can get to lv-35 withoug gems, then save the gems for the last bosses
if not, then

1- you would be better off, buy a set of 3 crates, hoping to get at least one rare

2- if you see that during a boss event you can kill more than 3 bosses with the help of the gems, the by all means that would be your best bet, example, if with 210 gems you can kill an additional 5/6 bosses that means additional 6 units and each time you have a change to a rare unit, while with the crates you pay 175 for 3 units (crates and boss units have similar stats) leaving you with 35 gems that you cannot use to buy another crate

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah, good Q! Does anyone have a list of past chest items? So we can compare?
(Sorry, I didn't search yet.)

I'm very tempted to buy a set of 3 but would like some more info before I buy or wait for new chests.

One of the recent chests held rares with stats of 149/96, 294/131, 134/126, uncommons with 61/81, 71/74, 82/56.

so the stats are similar

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-31-2012, 10:14 AM
how far can you get in the boss? if you can get to lv-35 withoug gems, then save the gems for the last bosses
if not, then

1- you would be better off, buy a set of 3 crates, hoping to get at least one rare

2- if you see that during a boss event you can kill more than 3 bosses with the help of the gems, the by all means that would be your best bet, example, if with 210 gems you can kill an additional 5/6 bosses that means additional 6 units and each time you have a change to a rare unit, while with the crates you pay 175 for 3 units (crates and boss units have similar stats) leaving you with 35 gems that you cannot use to buy another crate

i like where you are going with this, as I did something similar.

However, the stats of the boss units (rares) are not really comparable to the chest units. I have all 3 rares from each boss event, and none of them have an attack or defense above 130. However, if you can kill a couple of bosses in a row using only 10 gems for each boss, and then two in a row using 20 gems a boss, that is 4 chances for a rare using only 40 gems. If you get 2 rares, or a rare and an uncommon, it was well spent on the 40 gems.

Joe Brown1
08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
i like where you are going with this, as I did something similar.

However, the stats of the boss units (rares) are not really comparable to the chest units. I have all 3 rares from each boss event, and none of them have an attack or defense above 130. However, if you can kill a couple of bosses in a row using only 10 gems for each boss, and then two in a row using 20 gems a boss, that is 4 chances for a rare using only 40 gems. If you get 2 rares, or a rare and an uncommon, it was well spent on the 40 gems.

I was thinking about that earlier today. The crate rares tend to be much better but you should have many more chances at boss rares for less gems . . .interesting choice

Guido69
08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Just looking at the last three chest units the common units all are around 50 combined attack/defense, the uncommons around 140-150, and the rares around 250 with on unit having a combined attack/defense value of over 400

Ahenobarbus
08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
@ JoeBrown1 - I've got to agree with Guido...you do get more bang for your buck with chest opens once it averages out. The rare units I've acquired from chests are uniformly more powerful than those acquired through boss events, and, for the most part, are far more unique as avatars/palettes. Plus, even the uncommon units are very useful, and a decent consolation prize if no rares drop, and, again, their stats are typically better than boss event uncommons. That said, if you have an unlucky open, you might end up with three commons, which is a definite blow considering the cost. Such a blow is often balanced out with your next open, but if you're only going for the one purchase you could get hurt. As far as this particular chest set is concerned, I think most have expressed disappointment with the units available: there are far more recycled palette swaps than usual, where past sets have offered a much more impressive range of unit aesthetics.

Guido69
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
@ JoeBrown1 - I've got to agree with Guido...you do get more bang for your buck with chest opens once it averages out. The rare units I've acquired from chests are uniformly more powerful than those acquired through boss events, and, for the most part, are far more unique as avatars/palettes. Plus, even the uncommon units are very useful, and a decent consolation prize if no rares drop, and, again, their stats are typically better than boss event uncommons. That said, if you have an unlucky open, you might end up with three commons, which is a definite blow considering the cost. Such a blow is often balanced out with your next open, but if you're only going for the one purchase you could get hurt. As far as this particular chest set is concerned, I think most have expressed disappointment with the units available: there are far more recycled palette swaps than usual, where past sets have offered a much more impressive range of unit aesthetics.

well.... eloquently said :)