PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about IPH

BrodawgCanada
08-29-2012, 07:31 AM
So what is so special about IPH?? Why does everyone talk about how high their IpH is?? Mine is only 5000ish, and my attack/defense is 94k/111k @ 499 allies. All done with a low IPH.........

YLL
08-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Hahaha... Noob indeed. You should change your username to BrowolfinsheepsclothingCanada. ;)

I suspect that most people use (apparent) IPH as a proxy for Effective IPH. I'm guessing your apparent and effective IPH are probably similar, plus you probably make a lot in PVP and PVE. It is true that for most others, there will be a significant difference between apparent and effective IPH, but there's no good way of measuring the latter. So, it's just simpler to talk in terms of apparent IPH, potentially misleading though that may be.

EDIT: And less cynically than The_Red below, I'd guess that people talk about IPH to try and answer questions like "what is a good/reasonable IPH" and "what IPH should I target".

Just my two pence anyway. :)

The_Red
08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
So what is so special about IPH??

to me: its for people to penis measure against eachother to find out who's bigger.

Guido69
08-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Why does everyone talk about how high their IpH is??

Because we are all nerds :)

Chups
08-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I take pride in my IPH, I even show them to my pet rabbit.

ezinap
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Or like Horse Power in a car, while we are all stuck in traffic...

albeezy
08-29-2012, 08:33 AM
IPH + level = camper vs. non-camper
IPH = the ability to beat more bosses without gems as the gold attack gets expensive after awhile I am told
IPH = the ability to maintain your forces when active in PVP where casualties can be high. Dragons, which seems to be most people's strategy-mine included, at 13k a pop will eventually become cost prohibitive if they are frequently dying in PVP.
IPH can help you figure out a lot of things. Or measure stuff as The_Red suggested...

The1nONLY
08-29-2012, 08:48 AM
to me: its for people to penis measure against eachother to find out who's bigger.Yes indeed mines is bigger then you

Njwmrb
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Nothing is special about IPH.

Great_wall2
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Come on Brodawg.. You know you are no newbie... Especially since you've been on the forums since last year lol... Anyways IPH is less relevant especially when it comes to players who purchase gems, which I am assuming you do given you A/D stats. I've seen guys with your type of stats with under 2000 IPH...

GetItOn
08-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Come on Brodawg.. You know you are no newbie... Especially since you've been on the forums since last year lol... Anyways IPH is less relevant especially when it comes to players who purchase gems, which I am assuming you do given you A/D stats. I've seen guys with your type of stats with under 2000 IPH...

True. If you PVp a lot and find good targets you can earn 10x more a day than someone with a 20k iph..

BadNews
08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
True. If you PVp a lot and find good targets you can earn 10x more a day than someone with a 20k iph..

However, most of higher level player (lvl 100+) already learned always vault their money. It's really hard to find the someone.
I'm very actively to fight through my battle list, over 100 battle a day. Could not find any good target in several weeks.
what should i do? Raid someone's building? It's also very hard to find good target, not worth the time to find it.
So, I have to focus to build my own economy to support the lost of pvp.

GetItOn
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
However, most of higher level player (lvl 100+) already learned always vault their money. It's really hard to find the someone.
I'm very actively to fight through my battle list, over 100 battle a day. Could not find any good target in several weeks.
what should i do? Raid someone's building? It's also very hard to find good target, not worth the time to find it.
So, I have to focus to build my own economy to support the lost of pvp.

Since I passed lvl 100 I'm finding that too. It's been days since I found more than 60k unvaulted. :(. Argh I'm dry heaving here.

marebear
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
to me: its for people to penis measure against eachother to find out who's bigger.I totally lose... lol.

Funkey monkey
08-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Pride cometh before the fall - quoting a high IPH is no different from quoting high attack, high number of raids, or high stats. It all depends on your strategy. Bragging about your accomplishment goes back to pride. Now let's hope you don't fall after you brag.

Musketblade
08-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Guess I drew the short stick

BrodawgCanada
08-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Lol I am no noob, just didn't see what the big hype was about IPH, and had to see if I was missing something.... I have spent about $70 or so on the game for gems. I downloaded the game about 3 weeks before it hit the app store...... DOnt ask me how it was there for me, but it was!!!

Njwmrb
08-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Lol I am no noob, just didn't see what the big hype was about IPH, and had to see if I was missing something.... I have spent about $70 or so on the game for gems. I downloaded the game about 3 weeks before it hit the app store...... DOnt ask me how it was there for me, but it was!!!

Are you Canadian?