PDA

View Full Version : Winning 10 Part Events-Without Gold

manbeast
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM
There were 14 of these events. I won 4 of them without spending a single bar of gold.

I see a lot of people saying they never won an event, so I feel like I was pretty lucky. Figured I'd make a poll and see if that is really the case, and to see if anyone is even luckier!

I won:
Dragon Viper- 387/131 -20% upgrade time reduction
Satellite Smasher- 347/186 +1 Valor from raids (doesn't work)
Fortune Carrier 355/168 10% more BP
Elite MPS Vessel 328/205 40% more valor (doesn't work)

I would trade all of those for the Draughtsmen.

IF YOU SPENT GOLD- feel free to post, just don't vote plz. prizes that you won using gold do not count for this poll

el_gringo
08-28-2012, 03:19 PM
IF YOU SPENT GOLD- feel free to post, just don't vote plz. prizes that you won using gold do not count for this poll

I voted but I spent gold (about 200 total on each event) on the two events with the building upgrade time decreasers on.

I figured as I didn't win the tenth item even then, it kinda counts.

Also, the only event I ever got any other than 8/10 was the last, when I finally got the 9th item.

Thief
08-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I Never won :( In the Beggining i spent wakeless hours attempting to open boxes. One of the Events i had 5 days and 10+ hours Remaining with 9th item.....and i didn't win with over 100 open attempts :(

The last 3 Events i didn't try to go past 7 as it was causing me to level too much and i wasn't getting any benefit.

Hivesy
08-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Never won a single one, but somehow really miss them.........

James_mac
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Iv never won either. :( but that could be due to not really giving them my all because I don't want to level up!

Poopenshire
08-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Won 3 events with out gold. See my sig for details.

manbeast
08-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Never won a single one, but somehow really miss them.........

I miss them too. not because they were good events, but because they were better than the leaderboard events lol

i wish they had an event that was STRATEGY based

Warfiend
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I won three... Elite heavy, skull carrier, and the bear. Only one I can see working for certain is the elite heavy(bonus to mission money). It did seem like my valor went up a bit after I won the skull carrier, but I don't know what effect leveling and increased allies has on valor payout.

Tctiger
08-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Ah the good old days , I won draft destroyer thank god , and assault bear mmm still waiting for that boost to show , funny how they can fix the two upgrades in a week but can't do that in how long!?

Dr. Dengus
08-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I won the Elite MPS Vessel, and it was ironically the event I put in the least amount of effort. The event started during my week of finals and graduation and I just casually played through it. It was also the first event I received #9 on, so once I got the ninth part I just had this feeling the 10th was coming. I know I know, "cool story bro" lol.

Arizona
08-28-2012, 04:26 PM
I won twice.
Briefcase Event: Silent Drifter (-20% upgrade time)
Rugged boxes: Assault Bridge Jumper (Health upgrades 20% faster)

Lt. Falcon
08-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I won the satellite assasin and fortune carrier from 10 item events. Also won elite base defense from IPH event

manbeast
08-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I won the Elite MPS Vessel, and it was ironically the event I put in the least amount of effort. The event started during my week of finals and graduation and I just casually played through it. It was also the first event I received #9 on, so once I got the ninth part I just had this feeling the 10th was coming. I know I know, "cool story bro" lol.

that was my first one! i was blown away. the tenth part popped out while my wife and i were looking at apartments. she said "its a sign! we have to move here!" haha

never seen cool story bro on this site. u on bodybuilding forums? 4chan?

andymac106
08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
The first 20% upgrade speed silent drifter when I was level 40 wayyyyyy before I knew about the forums and just recently the assault bear. Has that boost been added yet?? I have no idea

Led
08-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I've won two with no gold 😃

negotiator
08-28-2012, 05:35 PM
I won one with no gold, the Blue Striker which if I recall correctly was to add plus 2 valor. I would have to say it doesn't work as one would think the least amount of valor you could receive would be 2 however I have received 1 many many times.

Like most of the others I really enjoyed the old events and the leader board event is a joke, unless you are buying and spending gold of course.

Dreno33
08-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I miss them too. not because they were good events, but because they were better than the leaderboard events lol

i wish they had an event that was STRATEGY based

the epic boss event is. but the trick was cracked pretty easily. im pretty sure its possible to beat all 30 bosses without gold at all levels. just a sh!t load of money needs to be put into your army for high attack. after all, CCM DID say its based on your attack COMPARED to your RIVALS and relative to your LEVEL.

manbeast
08-28-2012, 05:48 PM
the epic boss event is. but the trick was cracked pretty easily. im pretty sure its possible to beat all 30 bosses without gold at all levels. just a sh!t load of money needs to be put into your army for high attack. after all, CCM DID say its based on your attack COMPARED to your RIVALS and relative to your LEVEL.

CCM is either telling a flat out lie, or he just doesn't know what he is talking about. The highest stats a free player can get is about 120k. There are plenty of gold spenders here who have 120k attack and don't make it anywhere close to boss number 30. No matter how much cash you put into your army, the boss event is impossible without gold (over lvl 100)

Dreno33
08-28-2012, 06:23 PM
CCM is either telling a flat out lie, or he just doesn't know what he is talking about. The highest stats a free player can get is about 120k. There are plenty of gold spenders here who have 120k attack and don't make it anywhere close to boss number 30. No matter how much cash you put into your army, the boss event is impossible without gold (over lvl 100)

its compared to your rivals. so if the majority or gold spenders... then yes i would say so. but idk for sure of course

manbeast
08-28-2012, 06:49 PM
its compared to your rivals. so if the majority or gold spenders... then yes i would say so. but idk for sure of course

What are you trying to say????

You said: " im pretty sure its possible to beat all 30 bosses without gold at all levels"

I'm just telling you that it is absolutely impossible to beat all 30 bosses without spending gold over level 100.
Current boss event, number 8 took me 13 hits. Historically, the 30th boss is about 4.125 times harder than the 8th boss. This means I would need about 54 hits to take down the current event's 30th boss.

54 hits x 49k damage per hit = 2,646,000 boss health

2,646,000 / 13 hits = 203,538 raw attack stat.

like i said.... impossible

jeffrey
08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I used gold, and I never won one. When I started in the middle of June, the first 10 item event I played was that Bear to give like 30% ground attack gain when I was played as Germany; so I wanted it so bad. But there were couple guys (ApolloX or Apollo and Hezsus or something like that) stole all my boxes after I got 9 items, so I kept smashing them after I leveled up 10 whenever I had the chance.

When I switched to China as I had so many powerful Infantry like GIGNs and Hardened Marines, I wanted that Jet Jumper (20% boost?) so bad so I McDoc'ed the event, yet I didn't win after spent like over 700 golds on it. That was the wake up moment for me to not spend gold on event anymore, just not worth the time and gold. If I want some powerful gold units, I just buy crates.

Thief
08-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Manbeast I re-read What Dreno Posted and i believe he was saying that It's possible to Beat the Boss without Using a Mega Hit or Healthpack (which means your buying units with gold...not spending gold on the event itself)

manbeast
08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Who got 5??? shouldve made it a public poll...

Manbeast I re-read What Dreno Posted and i believe he was saying that It's possible to Beat the Boss without Using a Mega Hit or Healthpack (which means your buying units with gold...not spending gold on the event itself)

yea.. that is possible. but it would be much cheaper to buy med packs than it would to buy 100k of gold attack stats. That around $10,000 real money lol

albeezy
08-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I won the blue bomber (+2 valor), the elite heavy (+30% more $ from missions), the deadly tiger (+50% more $ from raids). I also got the dragon viper (-20% upgrade time) and the heavy carrier (+10% BPs?) in the last event, but used 480 gold for that one. Still the best and only gold purchase I have made!

All in all I received 3 10 item event units for free and 2 for 480 gold.

manbeast
08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I won the blue bomber (+2 valor), the elite heavy (+30% more $ from missions), the deadly tiger (+50% more $ from raids). I also got the dragon viper (-20% upgrade time) and the heavy carrier (+10% BPs?) in the last event, but used 480 gold for that one. Still the best and only gold purchase I have made!

All in all I received 3 10 item event units for free and 2 for 480 gold.

did you vote 3 or 5?

albeezy
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
did you vote 3 or 5?
3 per your very clearly laid out instructions! HAHA

manbeast
08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Hmmmm I wonder who voted 5 then....

Miner
08-28-2012, 08:37 PM
I voted 2. I have won 2 more with 80 gold or less. Thought the upgrade reduction time boost from couple events ago took a chuck of gold to get before they nerfed the heavy carrier as the loot for getting to 7.

SGT Brody
08-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Are any of you that won without gold beta testers?

albeezy
08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Hmmmm I wonder who voted 5 then....
Are you counting the heavy carrier received as item 7 in the last event as a final prize? If not I would have 4, three free and 1 with gold.

EDIT: Not a beta tester

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
I did vote 5, won 5 with only cash or free open.. i used gold on blue bomber the last day of event with 9 on my hand & ended up not getting it..spent like 2 bank truck of gold & 1 vault of gold on that sorry good looking blue bomber back in funzio days not gree.. Then my remaining gold was spent on Falcon Supersonic.. Until then, i think funzio felt bad or sorry for me and let me won the Draughtsman, Elite MPS Vessel, Elite Heavy, Assault Bear, & Fortune Carrier with only cash or free open.. i was close on getting Deadly Tiger, Elite Brige Jumper(tried to use gold), Ops Jet Pilot, & Dragon Viper(tried to use gold on this unit also)..

Dr. Dengus
08-28-2012, 09:31 PM
that was my first one! i was blown away. the tenth part popped out while my wife and i were looking at apartments. she said "its a sign! we have to move here!" haha

never seen cool story bro on this site. u on bodybuilding forums? 4chan?

Haha, did you guys end up moving into that same appt? I used to belong to bodybuilding.com forums a while ago, haven't visited in ages though.

And no Sgt Brody, I'm not a beta tester. Just an extremely lucky individual at that point in time (when i received the 10th sea propeller).

manbeast
08-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Are any of you that won without gold beta testers?

sorry, didnt even see this post. i'm not a beta tester

Haha, did you guys end up moving into that same appt? I used to belong to bodybuilding.com forums a while ago, haven't visited in ages though.

And no Sgt Brody, I'm not a beta tester. Just an extremely lucky individual at that point in time (when i received the 10th sea propeller).

we moved into the apt complex right next door to that one! haha i figured this cell tower must be lucky. i'm on bb forums. it use to be better back lack 4 yrs ago. really gone downhill, but still entertaining. i saw this on there tonight and thought of you

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hgs00n.jpg

albeezy
08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
sorry, didnt even see this post. i'm not a beta tester
we moved into the apt complex right next door to that one! haha i figured this cell tower must be lucky. i'm on bb forums. it use to be better back lack 4 yrs ago. really gone downhill, but still entertaining. i saw this on there tonight and thought of you

Watching that GIF 3-5 times in a row makes me go crosseyed too!

Dr. Dengus
08-28-2012, 10:00 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hgs00n.jpg

LOL nice. Yeah John C. Reily's character Steve Brule was definitely the inspiration behind my forum name and avatar.

Sent an ally request too btw manbeast (Sam - Lvl 98 - Russia flag). Trying to enjoy these last 2 levels before I hit the 100 mark where bosses become a lot more difficult. Guess it doesn't matter too much, I didn't start playing this game for the events anyway lol.

manbeast
08-28-2012, 11:21 PM
looked through my ally request and didnt see you so i sent you a request! haha

Mcdoc
08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
I think I won 13 of them - but I am pretty sure everyone knows I used Gold :)

siL
08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Do you only count what you have won on 1 account only?? or does your LLP also count??
in my HLP, I won 6 of them : Covert Jet Fighter (Falcon Supersonic), Skull Carrier (MPS Vessel), Monsoon Ship (Draughtsman), Super Heavy, Satellite Assasin and Heavy Carrier.
in my LLP, I won 2 of them : Elite Base Jumper and Jet Ops Pilot
the only problem I see is if my HLP gets it, my LLP doesn't, and vice versa...never have won on both device...
I'll vote for 6 in this poll...

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 04:29 AM
I think I won 13 of them - but I am pretty sure everyone knows I used Gold :)

The thread title is winning 10 part events WITHOUT using GOLD then if you used gold is not counted at all...no offense bro... U voted on 9+??

Miner
08-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see the 10 items events around here much anymore. Leaderboard events look to be here for good.

Jhoemel
08-29-2012, 06:24 AM
0......... An event virgin

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see the 10 items events around here much anymore. Leaderboard events look to be here for good.

Thats true miner...but u should belong to zero because you've used 80 gold for your two 10 parts event item...lol

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 06:32 AM
0......... An event virgin

Thats okey bro...as long you have that boss unit and some LE unit if you've purchased before... it's all good.. compare to me i don't have a single boss unit yet & also LE unit too...

Jhoemel
08-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Thats okey bro...as long you have that boss unit and some LE unit if you've purchased before... it's all good.. compare to me i don't have a single boss unit yet & also LE unit too...

Yeah thanks, thanks to the iph event that gave me my 1st win :)

Miner
08-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Thats true miner...but u should belong to zero because you've used 80 gold for your two 10 parts event item...lolUhm, no. I used 80 gold on two, none on 2 and who knows how much on the other 3

albeezy
08-29-2012, 07:37 AM
who knows how much on the other 3
My guess would be too much? HAHA It makes for a great signature though. Now to just make them into a gif slideshow of all of them. That would be cool! Mix in a slide that says JELLY YET?

manbeast
08-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Do you only count what you have won on 1 account only?? or does your LLP also count??
in my HLP, I won 6 of them : Covert Jet Fighter (Falcon Supersonic), Skull Carrier (MPS Vessel), Monsoon Ship (Draughtsman), Super Heavy, Satellite Assasin and Heavy Carrier.
in my LLP, I won 2 of them : Elite Base Jumper and Jet Ops Pilot
the only problem I see is if my HLP gets it, my LLP doesn't, and vice versa...never have won on both device...
I'll vote for 6 in this poll...

holy cow! what was your strategy? did you even sleep?

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Uhm, no. I used 80 gold on two, none on 2 and who knows how much on the other 3

my bad miner... i got u...

Miner
08-29-2012, 08:19 AM
my bad miner... i got u...No worries man

Bronson
08-29-2012, 08:21 AM
I win a big fat pile of fck all using cash and free so my one win was using gold.

bernz8
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi guys, I've been playing the game for a long time and checked out the forums here and there but have never really posted much. I think this is a great forum with a great community and in a way I feel like I kind of know some of you guys through trolling the posts in the forum.

I've won 4 events using only the cash option:

Event 1 - 10 Titanium Bars: Response Unit (20% reduced casualties)
Event 2 - 8 Secret Docs
Event 3 - 10 Plane Parts: Blue Striker (+2 valor when attacking)
Event 4 - 9 Nukes
Event 5 - 9 Vaccines
Event 6 - 9 Ship Propellers
Event 7 - 8 Spy Plans
Event 8 - 9 Satellites
Event 9 - 10 Rockets: Assault Bear (supposedly +30% attack boost to ground units)
Event 10 - 9 Goggles
Event 11 - 9 Grenades
Event 12 - 10 Walkie Talkies: Elite Bridge Jumper (health recovers 20% faster)
Event 13 - 9 Tyrant's Loot
Event 14 - 9 Jet Engines

I love the 10 part events and I really hope they bring them back.

manbeast
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
welcome to the forum bernz! and congrats on winning 4. looks like we are in the top 10% most lucky players haha and yea i wish they would bring them back too. no way i'm spending $2,000 real money to be in the top 25 lol

bernz8
08-29-2012, 10:57 AM
welcome to the forum bernz! and congrats on winning 4. looks like we are in the top 10% most lucky players haha and yea i wish they would bring them back too. no way i'm spending $2,000 real money to be in the top 25 lol

Thanks! I definitely feel very lucky to have won 4 events. Especially since both the Assault Bear and the Elite Bridge Jumper were both won in overtime after I had all but given up hope.

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi guys, I've been playing the game for a long time and checked out the forums here and there but have never really posted much. I think this is a great forum with a great community and in a way I feel like I kind of know some of you guys through trolling the posts in the forum.

I've won 4 events using only the cash option:

Event 1 - 10 Titanium Bars: Response Unit (20% reduced casualties)
Event 2 - 8 Secret Docs
Event 3 - 10 Plane Parts: Blue Striker (+2 valor when attacking)
Event 4 - 9 Nukes
Event 5 - 9 Vaccines
Event 6 - 9 Ship Propellers
Event 7 - 8 Spy Plans
Event 8 - 9 Satellites
Event 9 - 10 Rockets: Assault Bear (supposedly +30% attack boost to ground units)
Event 10 - 9 Goggles
Event 11 - 9 Grenades
Event 12 - 10 Walkie Talkies: Elite Bridge Jumper (health recovers 20% faster)
Event 13 - 9 Tyrant's Loot
Event 14 - 9 Jet Engines

I love the 10 part events and I really hope they bring them back.

Welcome aboard bernz..!! Posting this just to compare on my signature...

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I win a big fat pile of fck all using cash and free so my one win was using gold.

no excuses bro...supposed to be not counted...only free or cash all the way to the 10th parts even though 10 event is over...this is Winning 10 part events without using gold thread...

P-TeCH
08-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I never made it past the 9th item, never spent a single gold - My stacked unopened boxes reached the hundreds more than once

I loved those events even though it was so obvious that every single one was manipulated meaning that your chances for getting the first item were never ever even with the chances for getting the last. Anyway I was happy with winning some decent units every contest I participated and I'm used to be treated like **** as a customer since the invention of "In-Game-Purchases"...

Gambit12
09-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Anyone else??

Dreno33
09-01-2012, 11:38 PM
i love how EVERYONE (besides McDoc haha) complained about the 10 item events (and dont say you didnt!!) but now when they introduce this leader boards, EVERYONE looooooves the 10 item events and miss them so dearly. hahaha