PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Gree has........

Sasha54
08-28-2012, 10:33 AM
some newbie developers...............and really bad ones at that.

Even the Stolen Auto Crates have some kind of halo effect around them - plus all the other glitches lately.............

Dravak
08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
think the halo effect is done on purpose , about the second part , it is not they are bad , infact they are more professional about things .

It is just they don't understand how everything work yet , remember back then , when I send in a bug report with canal street , they don't even know the place .

While professionalisme has gone up , they still have no connection with the community yet .
Or really understand what is going on , both with the code and support they should provide .

I guess to most of them it is just another day at the office , that does not work with a MMO system !

dudeman
08-28-2012, 10:41 AM

Even the Stolen Auto Crates have some kind of halo effect around them - plus all the other glitches lately.............

Yes, but then again, ever since I started playing CC it has always seemed like there is at least one person on the team that doesn't deserve their paycheque. One thing that comes to mind is the fact that new updates always come with new glitches or bugs. I don't really care what they fixed if it's going to cause other problems. Fixing one problem only to create another isn't really fixing something. That approach to problem solving is just redundant.

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 11:10 AM
And how the hell do you expect devs NOT to know about the game that they've made? It didn't build itself. If they don't know every little detail about every mechanic about this game, then they shouldn't be employed there at all. They're afraid to lose a little bit of their fat paychecks to hiring people that actually know what the hell they're doing. Having one single person that handles the forums? How fail is that? I could go on and on, but most of the people on this forum have been dealing with their failures for a lot longer than I have, so I'll stop here.

Basically, stop being so greedy, hire more people, pay attention to your customers (free or not), and actually work towards fixing and improving the game, not just fattening your damn wallets.

(CCC)Dipstik
08-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Basically, stop being so greedy, hire more people, pay attention to your customers (free or not), and actually work towards fixing and improving the game, not just fattening your damn wallets.

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

mxz
08-28-2012, 11:36 AM
People still don't understand that developers and support are two different departments?

_dan_
08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
People still don't understand that developers and support are two different departments?

make it 2 countries.

Many companies setup Support Department in India because it is much cheaper and more efficient but sometimes it takes time to solve a problem.

murf
08-28-2012, 12:23 PM
And how the hell do you expect devs NOT to know about the game that they've made? It didn't build itself. If they don't know every little detail about every mechanic about this game, then they shouldn't be employed there at all. They're afraid to lose a little bit of their fat paychecks to hiring people that actually know what the hell they're doing. Having one single person that handles the forums? How fail is that? I could go on and on, but most of the people on this forum have been dealing with their failures for a lot longer than I have, so I'll stop here.

Developers don't necessarily need to understand the final product...I work in Finance and many times I have programmers / quants, working on a small portion of an overall solution. Sometimes I explain to them the big picture and most of the time they could care less or don't understand the big picture. They have a very specific skill set and they focus on that. Big picture is not there focus.

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 12:29 PM
That does shed a little light on the situation Murf, thanks. I do wish they'd have a little more dedication towards it, only then maybe they'd understand the whole of the game. Hard to expect someone to look past the paycheck in the long run though.

mxz
08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Stoner, you havent a clue, here. You look ridiculous claiming they're only looking for a paycheck when you don't know anything about them. It's tiring and doesn't help any.

murf
08-28-2012, 12:33 PM
That does shed a little light on the situation Murf, thanks. I do wish they'd have a little more dedication towards it, only then maybe they'd understand the whole of the game. Hard to expect someone to look past the paycheck in the long run though.

Yeah, I agree in a perfect world you understand what you are trying to accomplish in the big picture. I don't know how game development is run, but as I said the development is probably broken down into very specific functions each assigned to different developers.

But even with all that said, it doesn't forgive all the bugs and glitches that occur in a live product. First, development needs to improve. Second, beta testing needs to improve. But, I guess they run a cost/benefit analysis on the bottom line and decide that these new flawed roll outs will generate more money then they will lose by alienating customers. At the end, this is still a business and it's probably run as such.

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Yea, I definitely see that. It's funny, if you based an assumption on the size of the company on the amount of fixes / updates that happens, you'd think it's some kid in his mom's basement, just getting around to it when he feels like it. However, when you get on the forums and realize how much money they're making, you want to ask yourself, "Why does nothing get done? A company making this much money has to have tons of employees.. What are they doing?"

I'm truly clueless about the size of funzio or gree, but I know they could afford to pay some good programmers / devs to fix some of this crap that doesn't seem to get resolved. Even outsourcing doesn't seem to work well (at least with gold offers).

_dan_
08-28-2012, 12:55 PM
As you mention about the size of company, funzio may outsource most of their work, that's how they keep their company small but develop many products on different platforms (facebook,iOS, Android).

Last year, I remember Funzio had 60 employees.

Dreno33
08-28-2012, 01:01 PM

"the developer team is composed of only 10 people." -CCM

same people, even after GREE. when I and some of the other MW players met him he talked about the history of the game a bit and how he got his name as CCM

_dan_
08-28-2012, 01:05 PM
10 people for each game / each platform or 10 people for each game / all platforms or 10 people for all games ?

I think Facebook CC and iOS CC are not really same games.

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
I could definitely see it being 10 people, as that doesn't seem like a lot for a game with decent complexity, like this one. I wonder if the devs who actually created the game aren't around anymore, and that's why there's such confusion (so it seems) as to how the game actually works. I would completely think that the creators would fully know and understand the game that they built, even if there have been things added from other devs at later points..

Who knows what they're thinking.. :confused:

Dreno33
08-28-2012, 01:39 PM
10 people for each game / each platform or 10 people for each game / all platforms or 10 people for all games ?

I think Facebook CC and iOS CC are not really same games.

how old are you bud?

anyways, yes... all games.. one developer team for one funzio.

Dravak
08-28-2012, 02:04 PM

same people, even after GREE. when I and some of the other MW players met him he talked about the history of the game a bit and how he got his name as CCM

Yeah I had a feeling about that from past funzio , now with new gree takeover.
I have a bit the feeling somethings got lost , it is not that it is bad .
It feels sometimes like talking to complete strangers .. instead of the old aquintance ..

If people catch my drift .

Sasha54
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Why don't you enlighten us - about that - I'm sure we would all find it interesting.

Dreno33
08-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Why don't you enlighten us - about that - I'm sure we would all find it interesting.

im in class so heres a quick summary. they wanted to create a facebook acct of a fake person to be the "creator of Crim City" for Crime City: Faceook. They had CCM (doesn't want his real name revealed, yet) use this acct to communicate with the players back in the early days. they decided to name the fake person Crime City Mark. CCM just carried the name into his forum name when he became the forum manager/head of support team.

_dan_
08-28-2012, 07:54 PM
anyways, yes... all games.. one developer team for one funzio.

Then they outsource their work for sure. No few-guy team can make an app like CC or MW or KA, if they can, they must be Avengers in software development.

Vince the Fist
08-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Then they outsource their work for sure. No few-guy team can make an app like CC or MW or KA, if they can, they must be Avengers in software development.

and they drink lots of dead bull and go on programming frenzies. that's how it actually works right.

Steve0
08-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Remember they get Catered Dinners and Jamba Juice every night. Not bad.

_dan_
08-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Remember they get Catered Dinners and Jamba Juice every night. Not bad.

So they have to work whole night as well ? Not bad.

Steve0
08-28-2012, 09:12 PM
when I looked at there ad for a job opening thats the perkes.

_dan_
08-28-2012, 09:23 PM
when I looked at there ad for a job opening thats the perkes.

When I worked as a software developer 10 years ago, all I need was a bathroom in the building so I can stay and work and don't have to go back home at midnight.
Software development is kind of job that you work much better at night (and sleep till noon).