PDA

View Full Version : Switching nations again

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I was thinking to switch nations again.. i'm on UK right now and was thinking to switch to russia or germany because i'm not strong enough to beat the boss.. Any thoughts on this guys??

Zoltarov
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Are you sure you are stronger when you are switching nation?
The boss event is about raw stats.
Not sure if nation matters then when doing a boss event.

Arizona
08-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Nations boosts like you said are irrelevant, but what can you get for your money to improve your attack score? That's what matters. There's little point changing nations. Just change your buying policy.

Baraka
08-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes I would agree. It also depends on what you have in your inventory all ready. If you have 75% sea units it would be pointless swapping as it would be a waste. If you are spread even with units you got then it could be right for you to swap depending on if the units you have unlocked or are planning to match the nation you are now going to use.

manbeast
08-28-2012, 09:03 AM
horrible idea. UK is the best

vitus79
08-28-2012, 09:04 AM
im pretty sure the nation bonus does not help on beating the boss. the points every attack takes from the boss is your unboosted attack stats plus your skillpoints to attack.

someone in my alliance could tell me my actual attack stats in my profile to confirm this.

TopHooker lvl90

manbeast
08-28-2012, 09:17 AM
When looking at an ally's stats, your country has an effect. You will see your countries boost

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm on Lv 156 right now & Atk is 41k.. Do u guys think my Atk is to low for my Lv? I saw mostly everybody on Lv 90 to 150 they're Atk stats are in 50k to 75k...

manbeast
08-28-2012, 10:07 AM
once you get over lvl 100, there is nothing you can do to get better at the boss events. you are screwed. start a new account and keep it under lvl 100.

Baraka
08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm on Lv 156 right now & Atk is 41k.. Do u guys think my Atk is to low for my Lv? I saw mostly everybody on Lv 90 to 150 they're Atk stats are in 50k to 75k...I would say it is on the low side. How many allies have you got. In at level 85 and have 300 allies and my attack is about 32K. At your level though unless you have ridiculous stats you aren't going to get very far I'm afraid.

Bronson
08-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I would say it is on the low side. How many allies have you got. In at level 85 and have 300 allies and my attack is about 32K. At your level though unless you have ridiculous stats you aren't going to get very far I'm afraid.

I can see us being on FFN real soon!!! What's your ingame name??

Baraka
08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Sweet same in game name. Baraka.

Bronson
08-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Sweet same in game name. Baraka.

Can't see you with that low an amount of allies. But I'll be back!!

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I would say it is on the low side. How many allies have you got. In at level 85 and have 300 allies and my attack is about 32K. At your level though unless you have ridiculous stats you aren't going to get very far I'm afraid.

i have 513 allies with 22 grunts a none human allies in it... Do i need to lower my allies less than 500 or what??

Corsair
08-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Where are you Bron? I know you're in my ballpark. I'm at lvl 87, 401 allies. Added a bunch for this boss. Attack up over 40k now (take that into consideration Gambit...yeah, your attack is low if you are anywhere near max allies).

Just saw your post Gambit...yeah the only way to get stronger is add units or drop allies...dropping allies will increase your strength compared to those around you.

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
(take that into consideration Gambit...yeah, your attack is low if you are anywhere near max allies).

Just saw your post Gambit...yeah the only way to get stronger is add units or drop allies...dropping allies will increase your strength compared to those around you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot corsair...i really appreciate your advice.. Just wondering, how come if u decrease your allies you strength goes up..??

Zoltarov
08-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I think he means to say your density goes up when dropping allies.
Density is also strenght.

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
I think he means to say your density goes up when dropping allies.
Density is also strenght.

How much allies do i need to remove? any idea...

Zoltarov
08-28-2012, 12:55 PM

That depends on your army composition. You should focus on high stat units.
What is your lowest into battle?
You could use a spreadsheet (KOD) or Khimsoos tool to determine your best ally number and your lowest into battle.

Vballmadam
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM

I am at level 138 and my raw attack stats are between 90,000 - 95,000. I still cannot beat the boss without gold. As you also know the cash per hit for me at boss 19 was $200,000. At boss 29 $300,000.

Ally count does not matter. If you drop allies your attack score goes down. Hope this helps...

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
That depends on your army composition. You should focus on high stat units.
What is your lowest into battle?
You could use a spreadsheet (KOD) or Khimsoos tool to determine your best ally number and your lowest into battle.

my 3 lowest is Stealth infiltrator atk/def 47/36, war zone fighter 46/53, & expert atk drone 46/3

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
I am at level 138 and my raw attack stats are between 90,000 - 95,000. I still cannot beat the boss without gold. As you also know the cash per hit for me at boss 19 was $200,000. At boss 29 $300,000.

Ally count does not matter. If you drop allies your attack score goes down. Hope this helps...

Thanks Vballmadam...thats a good advice from u.. Do u play volleyball back in the days??

Vballmadam
08-28-2012, 01:17 PM
My daughter played all through school and 10 years of club. She also got a college scholarship from it!

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 01:20 PM
once you get over lvl 100, there is nothing you can do to get better at the boss events. you are screwed. start a new account and keep it under lvl 100.

I would never start all over again...i wasted all my time in every event and to just let it go.. i had some special event unit in my belt now and there's no way i'm coming back and just to loss them... No way jose..!!

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 01:23 PM
My daughter played all through school and 10 years of club. She also got a college scholarship from it!

Wow! what a proud mother you are VbM..In what college is she now? Did they won a championship? how many did she won in all her time in volleyball??

manbeast
08-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I would never start all over again...i wasted all my time in every event and to just let it go.. i had some special event unit in my belt now and there's no way i'm coming back and just to loss them... No way jose..!!

well then be prepared to blow a ton of gold on med-packs. I'm just telling you the truth man. The best stats you can get as a free player are about 120k, and even with 120k stats, you arent going to get anywhere close to boss number 30 (if you are over lvl 100) lvl 99? you would probably make to to boss 28 or so. lvl 30? 100k stat would probably make it to boss 50

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 01:33 PM
well then be prepared to blow a ton of gold on med-packs. I'm just telling you the truth man. The best stats you can get as a free player are about 120k, and even with 120k stats, you arent going to get anywhere close to boss number 30 (if you are over lvl 100) lvl 99? you would probably make to to boss 28 or so. lvl 30? 100k stat would probably make it to boss 50

I think the only thing that i can do now is to level up my boost bldgs so that my stats will go up...& also buy high stats gold units...

Thief
08-28-2012, 02:04 PM
I think the only thing that i can do now is to level up my boost bldgs so that my stats will go up...& also buy high stats gold units...

Boost buildings are nice to have....but they don't improve your Raw stats against the Bosses. You have to improve your Raw Stats....thats the only way. (although i've heard speculation that Nation Boost helps against the boss)

Agent Orange
08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I was thinking to switch nations again.. i'm on UK right now and was thinking to switch to russia or germany because i'm not strong enough to beat the boss.. Any thoughts on this guys??

Think everyone covered it already but doing that is really a short term solution whereas picking the right flag is really a long term strategy. If you had been making up your army with mostly sea units you will nerf 10% of their value right off the bat but if you already have a lot of air units or powerful indestructible units then it might be worth the switch.

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Think everyone covered it already but doing that is really a short term solution whereas picking the right flag is really a long term strategy. If you had been making up your army with mostly sea units you will nerf 10% of their value right off the bat but if you already have a lot of air units or powerful indestructible units then it might be worth the switch.

i always balance my units infantry, ground, air, & sea are almost the same amount...

manbeast
08-28-2012, 07:41 PM
i always balance my units infantry, ground, air, & sea are almost the same amount...

this is the worst strategy IMO.

i chose UK, i only upgrade sea unit related buildings- 2 unit buildings and 1 boost building. the majority of my army gets a nice 10% boost to attack and defense stats for me being UK.

you play as UK, but you spread your love to all units. this means you have to upgrade 9 extra buildings! and 75% of your units don't get the 10% boost. strong waste of time.

If I created the game, each ally would bring 1 infantry, 1 ground, 1 air, and 1 sea unit. If this were the case, your strategy would be perfect

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 09:30 PM
this is the worst strategy IMO.

i chose UK, i only upgrade sea unit related buildings- 2 unit buildings and 1 boost building. the majority of my army gets a nice 10% boost to attack and defense stats for me being UK.

you play as UK, but you spread your love to all units. this means you have to upgrade 9 extra buildings! and 75% of your units don't get the 10% boost. strong waste of time.

If I created the game, each ally would bring 1 infantry, 1 ground, 1 air, and 1 sea unit. If this were the case, your strategy would be perfect

i started this game on a US nation & switch to UK to help build my Def stats and when my ATk & Def in good standing someday i might go back to US where i started...

albeezy
08-28-2012, 09:51 PM
i started this game on a US nation & switch to UK to help build my Def stats and when my ATk & Def in good standing someday i might go back to US where i started...
God bless the USA! That being said, I just switched to UK for the defense boost! LOL

Now wonder you can afford all that gold! HAHA. Every parents dream, a college scholarship for their kids! Congrats!

manbeast
08-28-2012, 09:55 PM

you do enough PVP to justify going back to US? lol

Gambit12
08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
you do enough PVP to justify going back to US? lol

Pvp all the time to get that rank which is SPEC OPS...

Giedrybe
08-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Guys, it has been proven that boost buildings don't affect the power of hit, but why you are saying that flag bonus does not work? Anybody tried?

For me figures show that flag bonus does work. As slim gold player I will not experiment in order to double check, but cash hit is generally 100% of you "raw" attack (with nation bonus and skill points, excluding building (like naval or hangar) bonuses).

Now, Gambit, first you need:
1. decide regarding allies number. Max allies are best for boss event, but at your level and stats being with more than 498 allies you are nice target for valor mission hunters or bp hunters. I think your progress with boss will be affected by a micron if you will drop down to 498 or even slightly lower to avoid masses at 498.
2. then you need to analyze ATTACK of units, you bring into ATTACK battle. I understand that you had for my eyes not very efficient strategy of having even split of ground, air, sea and infantry, but I guess this ~ even split is for unit count. What matters here is the accumulated att (or def if to defend) power of sea/air/ground units. It is very likely that you will find out that your biggest attack power lies in air and defense power in sea - it really depends on your inventory.
3. So for highest attack you would need to raise the flag which will give bonus for your biggest accumulated attack group. But please consider that changing UK flag will most likely for sure reduce your defense power, because I still believe you have some sea defensive units with low casualty rate at your level.

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Guys, it has been proven that boost buildings don't affect the power of hit, but why you are saying that flag bonus does not work? Anybody tried?

For me figures show that flag bonus does work. As slim gold player I will not experiment in order to double check, but cash hit is generally 100% of you "raw" attack (with nation bonus and skill points, excluding building (like naval or hangar) bonuses).

Now, Gambit, first you need:
1. decide regarding allies number. Max allies are best for boss event, but at your level and stats being with more than 498 allies you are nice target for valor mission hunters or bp hunters. I think your progress with boss will be affected by a micron if you will drop down to 498 or even slightly lower to avoid masses at 498.
2. then you need to analyze ATTACK of units, you bring into ATTACK battle. I understand that you had for my eyes not very efficient strategy of having even split of ground, air, sea and infantry, but I guess this ~ even split is for unit count. What matters here is the accumulated att (or def if to defend) power of sea/air/ground units. It is very likely that you will find out that your biggest attack power lies in air and defense power in sea - it really depends on your inventory.
3. So for highest attack you would need to raise the flag which will give bonus for your biggest accumulated attack group. But please consider that changing UK flag will most likely for sure reduce your defense power, because I still believe you have some sea defensive units with low casualty rate at your level.

Wow! What a great advice.. Your one of my great advisor.. What LV are you now Gledrybe & what flag?? i should switch to russia in the first place if i knew i'm to weak to beat the boss...but i really need a defensive nations and you right, i always get haunted by big guns..they have around 50k to 75k Atk and they always abuse by attacking and raiding me...but its rarely they can raid my big money bldgs because i get them on time...I might open a new thread "Wanted Hit list" so that someone will avenge me & get them back to ashes..!! This latest LE unit is a must needed for me i guess...i just waiting on that 20% off on gold...

Giedrybe
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I am UK at 38. Started as USA - I guess I was one out of 95% who chose the nation without really understanding what "stamina", "energy" or "sea power" stands for.
I hit level 25 before first blink (I guess as another 90% players), but then got to see Seqwins base - to understand that there are other ways to play the game. This took me to google for forum - and here are many posted advices and many respectable players with huge know how. Now I know why I am pushing the button before pushing it :)

Gambit12
08-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I am UK at 38. Started as USA - I guess I was one out of 95% who chose the nation without really understanding what "stamina", "energy" or "sea power" stands for.
I hit level 25 before first blink (I guess as another 90% players), but then got to see Seqwins base - to understand that there are other ways to play the game. This took me to google for forum - and here are many posted advices and many respectable players with huge know how. Now I know why I am pushing the button before pushing it :)

Can u send me the thread of more info's that you discovered...thanks in advance...

Giedrybe
08-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I believe it is just better to ask. For example in thread RANDOM QUICKIE QUESTIONS. Or PM.

Or go through (easier said than done) http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35951-Modern-War-FAQs
There are tons of info.