PDA

View Full Version : Goal Question

Maverick50727
08-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Anybody know the next goal after upgrade a steel mill to L5? I've had that for months and never spent the effort on it. It didn't seem to be worth it. But I was wondering what goals may be unlocked after that. Anyone have a list or know?

manbeast
08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Mine is upgrade supply depot to lvl 7. My steel mill is only lvl 3 so guess you got farther and I lol. Really stupid goals. I wonder why you cant just skip them

Lordsloss
08-26-2012, 08:55 PM
A list of all the goals would be awesome. I'm on upgrading my steel mill to level 8.

Thief
08-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Yea Mines Stuck on Upgrade Weopons Factory to Level 6. It will certainly be a long time before that happens....As for the Steel Mill it would personally be one of the Last Buildings i would ever upgrade.

Corsair
08-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Funny Mav, I just hit this one and was wondering the same. If I recall, these don't give valor, just XP, right? if there is valor it isn't much. I think the Weapons Factory is after the Suppy Depot, then I had Silo to level 8, now the Steel Factory. Prior to Weapons Factory was the Military Market, that one I held off for a long time.

Agree that a list would be nice but I suspect that these never get much further than this one. The Steel Factory is the worst building out there.

Tctiger
08-27-2012, 04:33 AM
I have upgrade steel mill to level 5 in my goals too , no plan to do it any time soon though .

Bronson
08-27-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm on military market to 6, that's been there since April.

Maverick50727
08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
A list of all the goals would be awesome. I'm on upgrading my steel mill to level 8.
Is this a goal? I assume you wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Question for you, do you get the better loot class of predator subs and iron wings. I always wondered if goals could be a key to the better loot class, but never found a link.

el_gringo
08-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I think they might be fairly random.

Right now I have upgrade a weapons factory to 8, whilst they are at 3 or 4 and I've not had the steel mill one at all.

Jhoemel
08-27-2012, 07:58 AM
I finished that one, i have the steel mill level 8, the next one? Im not doing the next. Level 6 of the 6 hour building that is like a windmill

Maverick50727
08-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Funny Mav, I just hit this one and was wondering the same. If I recall, these don't give valor, just XP, right? if there is valor it isn't much. I think the Weapons Factory is after the Suppy Depot, then I had Silo to level 8, now the Steel Factory. Prior to Weapons Factory was the Military Market, that one I held off for a long time.

Agree that a list would be nice but I suspect that these never get much further than this one. The Steel Factory is the worst building out there.
Yes, no valor and just cash/exp is what I remember but it has been months. You might be correct on the order. Not sure if Supply Depot or Military Market are switched in order.

Suppy Depot to L7 (manbeast)
Military Market to L6 (Bronson)
Weapons Factory to L6 (Thief)
Silo to level 8
Steel Factory to L5 (Corsair, Maverick50727)

It would be nice to have a list of goals but I don't see these anywhere in the data files so they must be server based. If anyone sees something I missed let me know. A map of these and other goals would be good.

Yes it really is a poor choice to upgrade and I would want a reason to do so typically. I've been trying to 30mil upgrades first as that is what I can reach safely by staging bosses and going to 15-20 mil. Over 10mil unvaulted is too tempting for most. I'm doing a L3 Space Center now. 40 hours left. That will put me over 600K IPH and I might be tempted to take one for the team to answer the question, but it would take another 120 hours after that.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ibdtgp.jpg

Cost vs. gain is why I never went forward with it. 120hrs vs 60hrs. That is 2X the time for 1/3 the bang in IPH. If it unlocked some better loot class or some other reward maybe. Since I can reach 30mil fairly safely, I could do all the other building up to that point first. If I do that logic or order I wouldn't get to it until next year. And by that time I could maybe afford the 60mil upgrades.

Corsair you are onthe same goal as me. If you don't have the better PVP class loot now we should be able to rule out at least this goal string/class as a requirement. I've never got an answer if the PVP loot is a bug/glitch or functioning correctly based on some criteria. I don't use any of the better PVP loot in my army, so it isn't a gain for me anyway and never pursued it much. But if it is not a bug and a 3rd loot class which we have never seen exists, maybe it would be worth researching for some.

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 08:58 AM
FYI, I decided to take one for the team and find out. Will let you guys know later. Just started the L5 Steel Mill today, so I'll know in 72 hours I guess. Proabaly upgrade some other low building I wouldn't want to touch. May be different for me anyway as I may have already completed the next step building. We will see what I get.

robilco
09-04-2012, 09:43 AM
I can't quite remember what was after that goal, but a while later you get a horrific 'Upgrade an Ore Mine to Level 10' goal.

Upgrading to level 8 just cost me about 15M, level 9 will cost 24M .... With vault topping out at 10M, that's pretty much impossible without months of building up an incredibly strong defense

Baraka
09-04-2012, 10:41 AM
FYI, I decided to take one for the team and find out. Will let you guys know later. Just started the L5 Steel Mill today, so I'll know in 72 hours I guess. Proabaly upgrade some other low building I wouldn't want to touch. May be different for me anyway as I may have already completed the next step building. We will see what I get.From reading what people have put. I don't think there is an order. I think it is different for other people. Like someone said there goal was weapo s factory to level 8 but there's are only at 3 and four. So obviously they haven't had the weapons factory to six. Mine is also stuck at that weapons to six. I'm interested to see what yours is.

Baraka
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I can't quite remember what was after that goal, but a while later you get a horrific 'Upgrade an Ore Mine to Level 10' goal.

Upgrading to level 8 just cost me about 15M, level 9 will cost 24M .... With vault topping out at 10M, that's pretty much impossible without months of building up an incredibly strong defensei wouldn't follow the goals all the way m8. If you keep getting beat forget it. Build up your income and boost buildings then come back to them if need be. You don't get much for them anyway.

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 10:43 AM

Upgrading to level 8 just cost me about 15M, level 9 will cost 24M .... With vault topping out at 10M, that's pretty much impossible without months of building up an incredibly strong defense
Really that isn't as bad as one thinks. I can do 30 mil upgrades with my stats. 10 mil over before people get greedy. The other 10 mil in staged missions or bosses with a level up. Just finished my 2nd L3 space center so I'm done with 30 mil upgrades for a little while. While I'm doing things like the steel mill I'm buying Aircraft Carriers or Nuclear Subs instead with the saved money.

Tctiger
09-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I am just below level 100 and have same goal as you mav , I have only ever got the same loot tree snipers , sat trucks odd heavy bomber that's about it , when do I get iron wings ect above level 100?

Dr. Dengus
09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Either after the Military Market to lvl 6, or Weapons Factory to lvl 6 goal, I received a goal to upgrade the Shipyard to lvl 6. It's been there for months as I've had really no incentive to do so being Russia.

Thief
09-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know if you can Bypass these Goals Altogether?

For Example: Lets say after i upgrade my next "goal" ill probably have completed X amount of Goals that would have traditionally followed the first goal. Do i recieve the Experience for those Goals or since i've already completed or does it just not count as a completed goal?

I'm happy just leaving my Current Goal where its at for the next 6+ Months if i can bypass the experience gain this way.

Baraka
09-04-2012, 11:47 AM

For Example: Lets say after i upgrade my next "goal" ill probably have completed X amount of Goals that would have traditionally followed the first goal. Do i recieve the Experience for those Goals or since i've already completed or does it just not count as a completed goal?

I'm happy just leaving my Current Goal where its at for the next 6+ Months if i can bypass the experience gain this way.I know if you just finish a goal and you have already done the next one it just gives you the money and exp. it doesn't flash up on screen but I noticed the money going up in stages until a new goal came up. I once stacked like 2 million from it as like mantini leave them for ages.

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I am just below level 100 and have same goal as you mav , I have only ever got the same loot tree snipers , sat trucks odd heavy bomber that's about it , when do I get iron wings ect above level 100?
I've never got an answer on that if it is a glitch or based on some criteria. My gues it is supposed to be some criteria but doesn't work correctly. I have had the better loot class for a long time like others, but don't use any of the units like iron wings in my army anyway due to their low stats. I'm sure they could be useful to a lower level person though, they just add up for me as I don't use them.

I'll try to revisit the topic yet again late this week and see if I can get some answers for you and let you know if Funzio/Gree gets back to me.

I don't think the better loot is based on level alone, but could be one of many factors or just a glitch. I got it the same as everyone else a long time ago, it went away for a while, then came back. It seemed everyone had it the first time, but only certain people got it the second time which made me think it was criteria based. They wouldn't give stronger loot like iron wings to a low level person just starting buying snipers and low units. Could be a glitch or a new feature they never got to work correctly. I've never seen a higher class of loot yet than what I don't use, wish there was and knew how to get it. LOL

I thought maybe at one time it was just as simple as having your lowest unit used higher than the highest attack and defense on the units on the lower class, but I proved that wrong. It could be a combination of factors or a simple glitch that some people get. If so it isn't fair I agree, but at least I don't use those units, so I don't feel bad. You made me look at the qty I have which I don't use and hadn't looked at in a long time:
min sub 8/6 - 1556
predator sub 26/14 - 139
bombardment frigate 13/12 - 763
iron wing 21/16 - 282
defensive cannon - 10/20 - 435
heavy artillery 14/9 - 374

Speed ump had the better class too last I looked (he sure doesn't use them either). I wonder how many he has these days.

Wish I had that Maverick's Military Surplus building I suggestedmany times even before getting these units. I wish I could sell them for cash and trade in for units I could use to rebalance my army.

Mad
09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I find the little green arrows pointing at my military market very beneficial -- they are neon lights telling me don't upgrade this.

I don't know GREE's obsession with levelling everyone up, but if you want a clear directions on how to lose at this game and become cannon fodder for the whales, complete the goals and missions.

There may be some benefit to the missions and goals after you complete level 100, but before that level they will hurt more than help.

Kicker
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi to all,

Is there any benefit purchasing 60gold bar reinforce crate? Hoping for an answer soon...

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I know if you just finish a goal and you have already done the next one it just gives you the money and exp. it doesn't flash up on screen but I noticed the money going up in stages until a new goal came up. I once stacked like 2 million from it as like mantini leave them for ages.
Interesting. I hope there are many I have already done in the loop when I Steel Mill finishes. My guess it will be some other lower building to do next that I skipped though.

I don't recall getting any real large sums in the past. It may depend on the goal type too or may have changed. A long time ago I found out that I had early on in the game added hundreds of allies before I knew they didn't add value. I had like 600. I dropped most of my allies when doing ally coutn and affects on rival list groupings and suddenly got a goal to add 300 allies. Before I dropped my ally count my goals cycled from increase attack to increase defense to a certain level. Once I droppped my ally count down it then cycled from Attack > Defense > Ally Count, so I concentrated on doing them in order until they ran out on me around L60. I thought I had missed out on all cash payouts for ally counts previous to that, but may not have noticed with all the cash coming in at the lower levels anyway. I'll try to watch and see if I get some mystery cash or not. It doesn't tell you the goal reward up front though.

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 02:21 PM
From reading what people have put. I don't think there is an order. I think it is different for other people. Like someone said there goal was weapo s factory to level 8 but there's are only at 3 and four. So obviously they haven't had the weapons factory to six. Mine is also stuck at that weapons to six. I'm interested to see what yours is.

Sorry, yeah my Weapons Factory is already at 6. Did that to complete a goal a long time ago, but dont' remember the exact order.

I sent you an ally request if you want to check out my base and buildings.

Corsair
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
OK, just getting caught up here...

Corsair you are onthe same goal as me. If you don't have the better PVP class loot now we should be able to rule out at least this goal string/class as a requirement. I am on the lower loot class, remember getting the good ones for like a week back 3 or so months ago.

Either after the Military Market to lvl 6, or Weapons Factory to lvl 6 goal, I received a goal to upgrade the Shipyard to lvl 6. It's been there for months as I've had really no incentive to do so being Russia.Yes, now that you mention it I remember this one, I actually needed to do it anyway since I wanted the Stealth Frigates...strong against sea and not too expensive...I like to balance my forces, too.

I know if you just finish a goal and you have already done the next one it just gives you the money and exp. it doesn't flash up on screen but I noticed the money going up in stages until a new goal came up. I once stacked like 2 million from it as like mantini leave them for ages.Hmm...I always wondered about that. Figured they just got skipped over. When I was adding allies for the last boss, once or twice I added 50 at a time until I thought about those goals, figured I probably missed one. Hope you're right. :)

[...] Before I dropped my ally count my goals cycled from increase attack to increase defense to a certain level. Once I droppped my ally count down it then cycled from Attack > Defense > Ally Count, so I concentrated on doing them in order until they ran out on me around L60. I thought I had missed out on all cash payouts for ally counts previous to that, but may not have noticed with all the cash coming in at the lower levels anyway. I'll try to watch and see if I get some mystery cash or not. It doesn't tell you the goal reward up front though.Say what? You are/were getting goals for certain attack/defense levels? Maybe I've forgotten but I don't remember ever seeing those.

Dreno33
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
i recommend you work on those goals asap. maybe eventually it'll give huge rewards when it says upgrade nano to lvl 2 and give a great amount of money back. who knows

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I find the little green arrows pointing at my military market very beneficial -- they are neon lights telling me don't upgrade this.

I don't know GREE's obsession with levelling everyone up, but if you want a clear directions on how to lose at this game and become cannon fodder for the whales, complete the goals and missions.

There may be some benefit to the missions and goals after you complete level 100, but before that level they will hurt more than help.

I hear you, I farm certain missions and stage bosses. I normally don't complete maps to 5 anymore and had stopped doing all misssion for a long time until they introduced the high end loot abpove venals. The cost vs benefit wasn't worth it. I waited until my lowest unit was higher than a mission requirement so I only had to buy a fixed ammount and only have to worry about losing them in PVE vs PVP since they weren't used in my army. Having large lumbers of units that were high, medium or low was against my strategy. I bought and used only units that had the lowest consumption values. Also, I waited until I finished my buildings that required 30 mil before deciding to upgrade something as small as the steel mill to answer curiosity. Partly it is to maybe fill in holes for a sheet I'm working on for building info too.

Baraka
09-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Interesting. I hope there are many I have already done in the loop when I Steel Mill finishes. My guess it will be some other lower building to do next that I skipped though.

I don't recall getting any real large sums in the past. It may depend on the goal type too or may have changed. A long time ago I found out that I had early on in the game added hundreds of allies before I knew they didn't add value. I had like 600. I dropped most of my allies when doing ally coutn and affects on rival list groupings and suddenly got a goal to add 300 allies. Before I dropped my ally count my goals cycled from increase attack to increase defense to a certain level. Once I droppped my ally count down it then cycled from Attack > Defense > Ally Count, so I concentrated on doing them in order until they ran out on me around L60. I thought I had missed out on all cash payouts for ally counts previous to that, but may not have noticed with all the cash coming in at the lower levels anyway. I'll try to watch and see if I get some mystery cash or not. It doesn't tell you the goal reward up front though.Yeah I'd be on the screen wen it finishes and watch see how much cash you get. Gunna jump on n check your base m8.

Maverick50727
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
OK, just getting caught up here...
I am on the lower loot class, remember getting the good ones for like a week back 3 or so months ago.

Yes, now that you mention it I remember this one, I actually needed to do it anyway since I wanted the Stealth Frigates...strong against sea and not too expensive...I like to balance my forces, too.

Hmm...I always wondered about that. Figured they just got skipped over. When I was adding allies for the last boss, once or twice I added 50 at a time until I thought about those goals, figured I probably missed one. Hope you're right. :)

Say what? You are/were getting goals for certain attack/defense levels? Maybe I've forgotten but I don't remember ever seeing those.
Early on goals. Yes you had to have increase you army until attack stats to X, then it went to defense stats to X. Not sure if it skipped some if you selected units that had even A/D stats. I went with things like 31A/18D for the attack and when it went to Def selected something like 17A/37D. Just examples to show maximizing the bang for the buck and maybe not skip the next level. I didn't want to take the chance as the cash was much needed at the time for losses. These were all cash based goals so you missed no valor.

overkill 280
09-04-2012, 02:41 PM
My next goal says upgrade Ore mine to 3.

Thief
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I know if you just finish a goal and you have already done the next one it just gives you the money and exp. it doesn't flash up on screen but I noticed the money going up in stages until a new goal came up. I once stacked like 2 million from it as like mantini leave them for ages.

Ohh Darn...looks like Weopons Factory is going to be one of my last Upgrades :D
That would be good for anyone that needed a couple of million though.

Ascent
09-04-2012, 02:59 PM

Why if you do you will miss out of a few really fun ones :) like building 100 buildings, or planting 200 trees :D

Baraka
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Why if you do you will miss out of a few really fun ones :) like building 100 buildings, or planting 200 trees :D100 try having your next goal as build 125. Is there even 125 buildings lol.

Thief
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Why if you do you will miss out of a few really fun ones :) like building 100 buildings, or planting 200 trees :D

Well according to my game i can't plant any palm trees because i "already own 200 of those". (i own 0 btw) So i don't know if i could even accomplish that goal! :P

Maverick50727
09-05-2012, 05:12 AM
100 try having your next goal as build 125. Is there even 125 buildings lol.

There are 134 total (including all gold buildings). Excluding gold buildings a 100% free player can only have 104. Using tapjoy you can get a few but never get close so that is why I've been stuck on the 125 goal for a long time. I have all cash buildings then 2 solar arrays and a composite purchased with tapjoy/gold.

Maverick50727
09-05-2012, 05:14 AM
My next goal says upgrade Ore mine to 3.
If that is true I should get extra then unless there is one in between. My ore mines are L4 already.

Baraka
09-05-2012, 07:33 AM
There are 134 total (including all gold buildings). Excluding gold buildings a 100% free player can only have 104. Using tapjoy you can get a few but never get close so that is why I've been stuck on the 125 goal for a long time. I have all cash buildings then 2 solar arrays and a composite purchased with tapjoy/gold.I'm Gunna buy most of the gold buildings. It's the on thing Idint mind using gold for. Plus I hope new buildings are coming soon. I ain't buying gold defense buildings though.

Maverick50727
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
OK my build time is up. Ding, Ding, Ding, Survey says....

What a waste of time. Had to close the app and reopen to get hte payout and next goal. Payout was 150K slap in the face. I don't if I had completed any others alrady and just didn't get the cash or if my next one in order was correct. The next goal for me is Upgrade an Armory to Level 9!!!!! Great, even bigger waste of time, I stopped mine at L5 a long time ago. I see me being stuck on this one for a very long time whil I upgrade other things first instead.

Nice try I guess. The only good thing I got out of it is I now know the L6 Steel Mill Costs 2,900,000 with a upgrade time of 90hrs. I've never seen anybody document that one it their sheets before so I updated mine.

Now i really have nothing to gain for the armory as that is already documented up to L10 if it is correct. That would be 198hrs to upgrade that to L10 if I didn't sleep for a 17,600IPH gain in theory. But with a .5 collection time I would never see close to that. I decided my next was another L3 Chemical Plant instead. Had the 10 mil on hand, gets 6,250 gain for 48hrs. I would have liked to save more to go higher, but already had 3 peopl hit me in the last hour for being only a few 100K over my 10 mil vault. Decided to maxime time as I would have to wait 24 hours to get the cash for better ones and that just meant lost time.

overkill 280
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
If that is true I should get extra then unless there is one in between. My ore mines are L4 already.Oh it's true alright..Been looking at those green arrows for weeks now! lol