PDA

View Full Version : Buildings list suggestion.

Lonestoner
08-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Just wanted to see what everyone thought about this idea; I think it could help out tremendously.

Why couldn't we have a buildings list under the menu, that shows all our current buildings w/ upgrade levels and cash, and their remaining time until popping? I think THE most annoying thing about this game is the fact that I have to click EVERY single building before logging off to make sure one isn't going to pop 10 seconds after I log off and get robbed. When you start getting upwards of 50 money buildings (which I'm sure isn't much compared to the high levels on here), it starts becoming WAY too demanding and time consuming to do. I know plenty of you have logged off just to find yourself getting robbed in the next couple of minutes just as I have. It's pretty frustrating, to say the least.

So my suggestion is this: have a buildings list with all the things stated above, and have it arranged by least time left automatically. I doubt the functionality of being able to sort them manually is able to be done, so I didn't suggest that, but my whole idea behind this is to be able to make sure your buildings aren't about to pop right after you log off, so that's why I'm suggesting to have it arranged by least time left versus any other criteria.

I understand this would make it slightly harder to rob buildings, as it would make collecting a LOT more efficient, but, there are lazy people out there who wouldn't even bother to check it. There are people all over the world in different time zones that will be sleeping when you aren't. There are a ton of situations where you'll still be able to rob plenty of people, as you can't check this game 24/7.

To me, I see no large disadvantages of this; the only thing I can think of is what I pointed out the paragraph above.

What do you think?

Cobra Shuttle
08-26-2012, 02:55 PM
That sounds like a really good idea.

TruthHurts
08-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I would go for this. Sounds decent

Stock Slayer
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
How would I ever rob someone? Being complacent nets me millions. I give a thumbs down.

Lonestoner
08-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I figure, the more geared up you are, the less you would like this idea, since you really don't even have to worry about getting robbed as much. There's almost always going to be someone stronger than you (unless your name is Sam), but I personally have to worry about it a lot, as I'm a free player. I'm sure there is a point where this could be more of a detriment than a benefit (the stronger you are), but, I wonder what % of the players out there truly have no worries of being robbed..

Either way, thanks for the input so far, and hope to see more :)

Jtstar7439
08-26-2012, 03:45 PM
The easiest way I think is keep mainly 12/24/48 hour building and sync them all.

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 12:20 PM
The easiest way I think is keep mainly 12/24/48 hour building and sync them all.

I'm not willing to cut out over half the buildings in the game just to avoid getting robbed, but thanks anyways. :p

Would love some more higher tier people's responses on this.. Such as those who don't have to worry about getting robbed by any other than the uber ~1%..

murf
08-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm not willing to cut out over half the buildings in the game just to avoid getting robbed, but thanks anyways. :p

Would love some more higher tier people's responses on this.. Such as those who don't have to worry about getting robbed by any other than the uber ~1%..

Just sync all times together...i.e. all 3 hour buildings collected at the same time, this way you check one building and know all the rest.

A bunch of people use the Timer+ app, which allows multiple timers running at the same time...you just start a timer for your 3hr, 6hr, 8hr, 12hr, 24hr, builds and upgrades and then wait to be notified....that's the easiest solution

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I think I'm expecting to have way more buildings in the end-game than I'll actually have as well. Since most of the beginning buildings pay crap in comparison to the newest ones unlocked, I tend to have a surplus of weak buildings, as well as good ones. Hard for me to cut out any buildings, considering they all make money. :p

It only started becoming a pain recently though.. I'm still upgrading all my buildings, so it's a bit early to sync them since next upgrade, they'll be off again. Once I start slowing down on the upgrading, that definitely isn't a bad idea since it's cuts the bulk in half.

Thanks for the input! :)

murf
08-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I think I'm expecting to have way more buildings in the end-game than I'll actually have as well. Since most of the beginning buildings pay crap in comparison to the newest ones unlocked, I tend to have a surplus of weak buildings, as well as good ones. Hard for me to cut out any buildings, considering they all make money. :p

It only started becoming a pain recently though.. I'm still upgrading all my buildings, so it's a bit early to sync them since next upgrade, they'll be off again. Once I start slowing down on the upgrading, that definitely isn't a bad idea since it's cuts the bulk in half.

Thanks for the input! :)

No problem...I understand your dilemma, I was always all over the place back then too. Now, with all my upgrades taking 20+ hours and no new buildings, it is very easy to sync my hood.

I would like a lot of these type of lists. Being able to organize your inventory would be much more helpful for me at this point. I used to be able to update my spreadsheet occassionally and match my attack and defense stats. Now with so many event items that I own 1 of, I haven't matched it in some time. I am constantly missing some items that are in my inventory. Not a big deal, but I'd love to able to sort it.

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Yea I agree, a much more organized inventory would be great as well. Even a small notifier on the items stating how many are currently being used would be better than the current solution (math, bleh). I also have been running the spreadsheets and decided even with the short time I've been playing, I already have more event items than I care to manually input to them. Ah well, can still be handy :)

Oddly, I don't get robbed all that much.. I figured for a while that my faster, low iph buildings would get hit up for quests, especially at lower levels, but that wasn't really the case. My coworker would show me how his Laundromats got hit up overnight, but his MTs and such were up and didn't get touched. Randomness ftw. :p

murf
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Yea I agree, a much more organized inventory would be great as well. Even a small notifier on the items stating how many are currently being used would be better than the current solution (math, bleh). I also have been running the spreadsheets and decided even with the short time I've been playing, I already have more event items than I care to manually input to them. Ah well, can still be handy :)

Oddly, I don't get robbed all that much.. I figured for a while that my faster, low iph buildings would get hit up for quests, especially at lower levels, but that wasn't really the case. My coworker would show me how his Laundromats got hit up overnight, but his MTs and such were up and didn't get touched. Randomness ftw. :p

Depending on what level you are at, some players will hit LM's before MT's because of the RP/XP ratio...very good for LM's, very poor for MTs...if you want to gain as much RP per level this is way to go...

Lonestoner
08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Depending on what level you are at, some players will hit LM's before MT's because of the RP/XP ratio...very good for LM's, very poor for MTs...if you want to gain as much RP per level this is way to go...

Gotcha, this makes sense as well. I'm usually more attracted to the money side of buildings, unless I'm completing goals, or actually farming rp. I just hit a point where my TL is way higher than any rival that will show up on my list though, so I'll have to farm rp in this way from here on, until I increase my mafia some more. Glad someone put together a nice list of all the buildings and the rp they give ;)

murf
08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Gotcha, this makes sense as well. I'm usually more attracted to the money side of buildings, unless I'm completing goals, or actually farming rp. I just hit a point where my TL is way higher than any rival that will show up on my list though, so I'll have to farm rp in this way from here on, until I increase my mafia some more. Glad someone put together a nice list of all the buildings and the rp they give ;)

BTW, you can do thug life goals at any level...it doesn't matter how many mafia people bring to battle, it's how many they have in their mafia....for example, at L50 you could still do Thug Life - 500 mafia, if you found someone with 500 mafia members, even though they only bring 250 into the fight.

At least this was how it was when I completed them

kidpresentable
08-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Mine are mainly positioned in my hood according to payout times (all 3 hour buildings sit together, all 6 hour buildings together etc) so it's easy to tell when I need to next log in.

Lonestoner
08-29-2012, 11:27 AM
BTW, you can do thug life goals at any level...it doesn't matter how many mafia people bring to battle, it's how many they have in their mafia....for example, at L50 you could still do Thug Life - 500 mafia, if you found someone with 500 mafia members, even though they only bring 250 into the fight.

At least this was how it was when I completed them

I'm just slowly adding mafia as I fill out my equipment for new mafia members basically. I'm at 115 mafia, and my TL goal requires wins against people with 180 or above, which I don't ever see on my rivals list.. It even took me a while to find someone with 160 or above for the previous TL, especially with stats where I could beat them. ;)

Mine are mainly positioned in my hood according to payout times (all 3 hour buildings sit together, all 6 hour buildings together etc) so it's easy to tell when I need to next log in.

I do this for the most part, but since I have so many 12 / 24 hour buildings, it just isn't feasible for me to do while still prioritizing using all my space as my #1 priority. I definitely try to do that though, if possible.