PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on RP items

Olly1
08-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I've been saving RP for a little while waiting for xeleros to open up at level 115

Just did some checking in to what will give me the most bang for my buck and RPG's will actually give me a bigger stat boost than xeleros

So the question is which do I buy? There's only a few hundred extra attack points in the RPG's. 22% of my items are guns, 20% vehicles. Should I get more vehicles (xeleros) because of this? Or is the attack point increase the decider? At level 200 will I be swamped in guns but low on vehicles?

TruthHurts
08-26-2012, 08:59 AM
I would mix it up a little and buy some of both. It's always good to have a a mix. But if you have to choose one, I would say the exeleros.

iteachem
08-26-2012, 09:02 AM
I've been saving RP for a little while waiting for xeleros to open up at level 115

Just did some checking in to what will give me the most bang for my buck and RPG's will actually give me a bigger stat boost than xeleros

So the question is which do I buy? There's only a few hundred extra attack points in the RPG's. 22% of my items are guns, 20% vehicles. Should I get more vehicles (xeleros) because of this? Or is the attack point increase the decider? At level 200 will I be swamped in guns but low on vehicles?

I had same decision and went with RPGs to better my current attack since I am a hard core robber and started farming ECBs.. Already have 150 of those so feel pretty good about the decision..

Swearengen
08-26-2012, 09:07 AM
If you use a spread sheet, just decide what is more important now..Seems like you have a decent vehicle load which is where most people are weakest, and guns is usually strongest...

I dumped 100,000 on exeleros and have been farming ECB's as well (about 150 now)... guns seem to take care of themselves...

Gaming Will
08-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Farm ECB's, use half on vehicles and half on rpg's

dudeman
08-26-2012, 10:03 AM
I would go with Exeleros. Even though they may not provide the biggest stat boost of the two choices, strong attack vehicles are more difficult to equip than guns. By the time you get to level 200 you should be getting close to having 500 Armored Police Trucks from just doing the PvP goals, so any vehicle you farm will eventually be replaced by APTs and Exeleros.

The guns take care of themselves a little bit more than vehicles do. By going with vehicles first I will need fewer RPGs because I will have allowed myself more time to naturally acquire better guns before spending (wasting) RP on something that will be replaced.

Vile Lynn
08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I would wait for the Execleros, too. Every event offers better & better Guns for "free" & eventually the RPGs won't be used at all. Plus, their def stat is lame, imho.

How are you doing with Melee items? Chainwhips might be a better, short-term buy depending on your inventory.

Swearengen
08-26-2012, 10:18 AM
another good pt, I did like 150'ish chainwhips, then saved for exeleros....

Intrance
08-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Why do I not see the exceleros or RPG's on my equipment store? I'm guessing it's totally hidden until u reach a certain lv?

Swearengen
08-26-2012, 10:21 AM
you should see them, i think, just without a name...

Swearengen
08-26-2012, 10:21 AM
think exeleros unlock at llvl 115...

Olly1
08-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys. I have been farming double dockers for a while but the returns suck. I was just thinking of end game tactics. Sounds like the best option is half and half and then farm ECB's?

As for chain whips, the stat increase on those would be very low so I kind of ruled those out

Intrance
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
you should see them, i think, just without a name...
I don't think so. I am lv 40. Right now highest lv item I see is unlocked at lv 70 or so. There is a chainsaw looking thing unlock at 105 but that's about it. No high lv items that uses RP either...

Oh there is explosive unlock at 115. Is that it? I thought its RP item and a vehicle

TruthHurts
08-26-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't think so. I am lv 40. Right now highest lv item I see is unlocked at lv 70 or so. There is a chainsaw looking thing unlock at 105 but that's about it. No high lv items that uses RP either...

Oh there is explosive unlock at 115. Is that it? I thought its RP item and a vehicle

If I remember correctly, it doesn't appear until you unlock the Yamaha bike.

RijilV
08-26-2012, 09:35 PM
I spend RP on whatever would give me the most gain per RP. This means I have to keep a tally of what my equipment is to a degree - obviously tracking every bit is pointless but I do have to know what items I'd be replacing with RP items. Ends up being pretty nice as it gives you something to work for. Anyhow, I highly recommend going by AT-gain per RP rather than feelings :)

Lonestoner
08-26-2012, 09:46 PM
I spend RP on whatever would give me the most gain per RP. This means I have to keep a tally of what my equipment is to a degree - obviously tracking every bit is pointless but I do have to know what items I'd be replacing with RP items. Ends up being pretty nice as it gives you something to work for. Anyhow, I highly recommend going by AT-gain per RP rather than feelings :)

I essentially do the same thing, but I just figure out which respect item is currently giving me the most stats for the rp by just seeing what the increase is per item bought, and go with those, one at a time, checking my stats as I go. Pretty tedious, but I seem to be getting the most bang for my buck right now..

TonySpaghetti
08-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Stupid question: what's an ECB?

Lonestoner
08-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Empire Central Bus -- 15/17

Timbo Slice
08-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Stupid question: what's an ECB?

El Cajon Boulevard...

it's the best place to find a prostitute in San Diego! ;)

TonySpaghetti
08-27-2012, 08:25 AM
El Cajon Boulevard...

it's the best place to find a prostitute in San Diego! ;)

Why go all the way to San Diego when I can just look on my couch...

TruthHurts
08-27-2012, 09:47 AM

Yeah, but that one is out of commission for the next few weeks!

Timbo Slice
08-27-2012, 10:24 AM

Yeah but is she travel size?? I bet not...

murf
08-27-2012, 11:19 AM

I don't spend gold on weapons or events. and here's where I stand on how many I own and how many will still improve my stats:

CWs - own 412 - need 51 more
FCG - own 117 - need 324 more
RPG - own 182 - need 277 more
Excl - own 248 - need 230 more

No you will not be swamped with guns....you get more top-level guns then other items, but it's still small if you are trying to equip 500 mafia members...as you can see from my strategy I'm slowly increasing each item (after the very cheap CW), because I don't know if new farmable items will become available (I'm currently farming TLCs)

Edit:
You should also know the items I'm replacing:

CWs - replace a 12/12 item
RPGs - replacing Atk from M4A1 (20 attack)
FCG - replacing NVG
Excl - Replacing Atk from DD (18 attack)

I was able to farm M4A1 and DD's when the getting was good, so things may be different now.

Timbo Slice
08-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Might be smart to stop buying chain whips... You can farm the Steel Fists 26/17 from the cartel compound, it's a cheap buy-in and doesn't require much energy... I've gotten 30 in a few days

Timbo Slice
08-27-2012, 12:19 PM
It drops much more than The Last Call which has similar stats

_dan_
08-27-2012, 12:34 PM
TLCs are much better than Steel Fists in long run. If you play the game for a year long you will have enough RPs to buy CW but RPs can't buy explosives.

Timbo Slice
08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Not yet ;)

But that is a good point, however for me it TLC nearly never drops anymore, anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

_dan_
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
During events the drop rate is like 1% :D ( 4800 energy loot 0 TLC ), no events 4800 energy could get 2-3 TLC.

isshi
08-27-2012, 03:03 PM
When u get to a higher stat level, rp becomes useless. Gree need to add higher items so we can use these rp's

joaquim
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
When u get to a higher stat level, rp becomes useless. Gree need to add higher items so we can use these rp's

Yea we know. We've been continuously talking about this for ages but GREE(D) doesn't respond.

murf
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM

It only becomes useless for crate buyers...look at my previous post, I am about 850,000 RPs away from maxing out my stats, and it will easily add 7k-ish to my attack and 3k to my defense stats....I wouldn't say that's useless.

murf
08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
TLCs are much better than Steel Fists in long run. If you play the game for a year long you will have enough RPs to buy CW but RPs can't buy explosives.

+1...only way to get non-consummable explosives is farming or gold, so I'm going to farm what will not be replaced in the long term (as of right now)

when I bought the CWs and NVB, M4A1's and DD's were farmable...so, you farmed those and both CW and NVB/FCG with RP, now things have changed, which is why I have started adding the other 3 items slowly together, because you don't know how things are going to change in this game.

murf
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
During events the drop rate is like 1% :D ( 4800 energy loot 0 TLC ), no events 4800 energy could get 2-3 TLC.

This is ridiculous, every event we have to read 10 posts about how drop rates go to zero. I got zero TLCs Thurs-Sat, yesterday and today (after the event started) I got 6. It's random!!!! How many people read this forum? A few people are going to go on cold streaks when an item only drops 25%. And they all post how it's because the event started.

This is why I've made a lot of money during my career as an options trader. People have a hard time conceptualizing random paths, they look for meaning in every outcome, when in fact the majority of the time it's random.